(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

Ris,
my BD and bb's BD was on Sunday.
don't think i'll go for #3 cos can't take the pain.

Sanrio,
this time round the whole body aches.I had to stop yoga by 8th month cos pelvic muscle is stretching badly.

Re: backaches
I have such bad backaches and whole body filled with lactic acid (suan) yesterday that I just cried.

Re: diapers
I'm using DRYPERS(L) from JB for Cookie and it costs 18cents per piece!!

mum@work, lovedogs, nellu, cheezel,
I think 2nd birth is really much faster esp if you have "just given birth recently" like me.
So lovedogs and cheezel, don't deli dehli if you feel funny, just follow your instincts ok!
say ohmm only when you have reach hospital or overdue or when HB is on standby mode.
Don't end up like me, HB is mentally on standby but physically unprepared (no car!!)

jeanyard,
just curious, where do you go for your yoga lessons?

yes i heard from my friends that generally subsequent births are much faster. perhaps cos our bodies are already experienced??

mommypoh,
sorry didn't reply you earlier abt chix pox. Yes very 'suay' right for my boy to get chix pox at 5mths. thankfully my MiL was around to help look aft him while i was working. according to my MiL, my boy was still very much his normal self, still play and still would drink his milk. except that he wanted to scratch. So he had to wear mittens.

he got some scars here and there. but we were told by pd and some doctor friends that the scars will disappear aft a while when he grows older...but i still see them leh...but it's ok lah...cos he's a boy mah...if it's a girl then i'll be concerned.

zhuzhu, smalldreams, sgn,
i find that smacking won't work. I tried before with my boy but he thinks it's a game. so no pt smacking or using a cane to threatened. What i do is i remove him away from the place or the situation. Of course he'll cry and resist and everything, but i make him time-out and tell him "no cannot play with tv/vcr...etc..". Tell him to calm down. calm down already then can play with another toy. it seems to work better leh...at least for me...

nellu
i find ky is more reactive to scolding. today when i tried to stop him from ransacking the cabinet i just used very firm tone n tell him 'no', he really keep still n listen to me, he tried going near the cabinet again n i repeated 'no' he just stand still.

Jeanyard,
Congrates on your birth.
still have time to come in here ah? Do you have a confinement lady for #2.?
Your body 'suan' ah? Have you tried the malay massage? My delivery was also without epidural. The malay massage really help to remove or reduce the 'suan'. Try it.

Mummies,
Do you know that now Pampers only have two types, the purple packaging and the comfort packaing. I like the red packaging, now dont have already. so sad. Purple one more expensive.

<font color="0000ff">re : teaching</font>

hi mummies...
how to make a 13mth old to understand?

i dun have this prob with my rascal, but this piglet(Dylis), i'm totally loss.
She has the habit of throwing things. when i smack her hand whenever she throw, she will bend down, take the thing, look at me, and throw it even harder!
remote controls, handphone, toys, she enjoy throwing. i tried to 'hold' her hand to place the things on my hand, but the next moment. she's back to her throwing pattern.

and she has got a super bad temper. if she wants smthing and we dun give, she will pull her hair till some drops, put her ears till red, scream her lung out till my neighbour told me that she can heard my gal screams whole day long...

sigh... dun have prob with #1, but this #2 is giving me problems.......
sad.gif

DD mummy,

hahaha, me same problem leh, tessa loves to throw things. used to it now.. i beat her until her arm swollen the other day coz she refused to drink water. after all the hitting, she still refused.

cheezel,

now she sees the cup she will start shaking her head so whatever method also like useless. i resort to feeding juice mixed with water or barley. btw, i tried the bread pudding and she started spitting after a few bites. I tried french toast yday for breakfast. I cut 1 slice of bread into 4. i think she finished 3 pieces then started spitting again.

sanrio,

i dare not use my bare finger to put into her mouth as she will bite leh... and she will clench her teeth and mouth shut so u can't even force it to even open. Unless of course she is crying super loud then i can use the opportunity..but still can't prevent her from biting me.

i am different from u. i am eating a lot this preg. i am eating like 5 to 6 meals a day. Mouth is juz itchy all the time and craving for lots of meat! .... or perhaps juz an excuse for me to eat..

jeanyard,

dun scare me leh, my first delivery was 5 hrs... dun tell me 2nd delivery only 2.5hrs? hhmm...guess this time must go hospital earlier juz in case not enuff time for epi...

zhuzhu,

i also tempted to buy cane. i am wondering what is the best age to start using the cane... my problem with her is WATER...thats the biggest headache...

hi lovedogs...
how u coping with #2
happy.gif

sigh... this piglet is so much difficult to handle as compare to her kor kor.
she will use screaming if she dun get her way.

i have cane at home, use to punish kor kor.
Dylis will laugh whenever she saw me take cane, want to punish kor kor.
when i leave the cane there, she will take, and wanna beat kor kor.
she's not afraid of it. she will try to snatch the cane from me when i 'kay kay' show her i wanna beat her....

D D mummy
same here ky also love to throw things esp from his tall chair.
he loves to scream too! each time if we trying to take something away from him he will scream or shout at us.

sgn/ DD mummy
same here. Javen likes to throw things on the floor esp when on high chair. My hubby will told him firmly no or smack him at times but he doesn't seem to bother or scare abt it. BUt hor....when he always attempt to climb up my low table, when i told him no, he will listen le. he will put his leg down n only attempt to take the things on the table without climbing up

chloe throws things too..hv not found a solution to stop her from doing that yet

lovedogs
maybe you can try different straw cups/ sippy cups. chloe is suddenly so attached to her mag mag straw cup and she is drinking more water than milk. even after controlling her water intake, she still drinks abt 15 oz a day..but i'm scared that's too much..tried gving her barley and heinz fruit juices but she doesnt want

wonderbaby,

tried liao...even got her favourite hello kitty combi straw cup. juz wanna play with it not drink. even for the mug, i got a kitty one. when she is in good mood, she will take a few sips from the mug. However, if bad mood, she will shake her head violently and push the mug away. i always end up spilling water all over the place
sad.gif

karen,

hahhaa, i hope my number #2 is easier to handle? hiaz, yet to know hor.... i will smack and scold her very loudly. She will stop whenever we shout NO whenever she wants to touch some objects she is not supposed to touch. eg in my mum's house, all my doggie's toys (some looks like hers) are placed in a basket on the floor. SHe has never attempt to take them. Most will go towards it and point at them and says "kashie!" coz my mum told her they belongs to the doggie. HOwever, throwing things... dunno why juz cannot control her...

lovedogs
i normally leave chloe in the high chair after her meal with her bottle of water. then i'll go and wash up..she'll normally juz sit and drink.when i'm done washing, then i remove the cup.over time, the amount of water she drinks increased. till now i dare not fill up the mag mag full coz she can really finish the whole cup. i only fill 3 oz

nellu,
my Yoga at Mother and Child in Tanglin Mall. 8 sessions for $200.

janet,
thanks. I miss my mummy friends here. need the support since I don't see my HB everyday, staying with my mum now, no place to have confinement lady.
I had to pump milk every 3 hrs so I think the lactic acid sort of build up.
I have Jamu massage now everyday and will continue with slimming massage. very kiasu but it only help for a while.

Karen, lovedogs,
Cookie throws things too, even his pacifer. but I don't believe in beating cos i'm afraid he'll beat his friends next time if he thinks they are "wrong".
Yesterday we asked him to kiss bb sister and he did but he used his hand and hit her head!! my mum said they can't control their strength.
luckily the head is still ok....

lovedogs,
I was at home waiting for the sign of birth, but no water break, no stain. forgot to count my contraction timing, keep thinking it's braxton hicks. then labour just comes. so you must be alert at all times if you really want epi cos it's DAMN PAINFUL without it. it's so bad that I decided I don't want #3.
(remember how I declare child birth was painless and i'm going for #2?)

lovedogs, when tessa is bathing, best time to give her a drinking cup, cos spill all the drinking water is still ok, since she is in the bath! I used to do that and keep "pouring" plain water into my kid's mouth while bathing or brushing teeth. Or maybe tess just wants to learn how to drink by herself.

Jeanyard, hi to you. How are you feeling now?

I wanna ask mummies here, my boy only eh eh, always almost the same tone and same sound to "talk" everytime. Will he be a mute? Cry of course got different sound and tone, but vocally, always same tone.

<font color="0000ff">hi sgn, cheezel, lovedogs, wonder baby</font>
sigh, wonder when will they 'grow' out of this phase...
sad.gif

seems like Dylis is the most bad temper bb among all.
my helper told me that whenever she dun get her way, she pull her hair till some hair pulled out by her.

<font color="aa00aa">hi jeanyard</font>

Congrats on your #2!
how are u coping now?
do Cookie feel jealous to mei mei?
think must slowly explain to him that mei mei cannot beat, must sayang....

ris...
dun think so ba. if mute then no sound ma. dun worry. hmm....how abt consulting speech therapist...prob monitor 1st cos now only 14th month...my colleague daughter only talk when she 18th month...n she just blar blar out all the colours to my colleague one fine day...my colleague was os relieve at tat time.

Jeanyard
u prepare a gift for cookie when u deliver? he go visit you everyday when u in hospital? whats his reaction when he sees his meimei?

i always wondering what will be javen's reaction. planning to let #2 sleep on Javen's mattress which he is sleeping now....dunno if he will object n refuse to let his didi sleep on it next time.

Jeanyard

Ogosh, cookie hit his little sister? Hehe, cute but dangerous right? Lucky she's fine! So are you enjoying yr ML?

Nellu
I guess you're right - no point smacking sometimes though I'm so tempted to! So I just tap (Whoops SGN you mean you tap very very hard huh...:p) I guess removing the stuff baby wants and not giving in is one of the more effective ways. My kid loves to shake his sippy cup around so water drips all over! WHen I take it away, he'll scream! But don't care, I just don't give. But on times I do give in, I make sure there's no water in there at all.

WOnderbaby
Chloe is so clever to be able to drink from straw! Mine still dont know tho he ya-ya like want to drink from straw when we do. How did you teach baby to drink from straw? Mine only drinks from cups.. &amp; sippy cups

ddmummy,
i think dylis can be controlled lah. If you thought she was bad tempered, you haven't met Josh! Josh would flare up within 2mins everytime he doesn't get what he wants or if we refuse to concede with his request. Last sat aftnn, he did that while we were at robinsons. He wanted to be carried but we refused to carry him. he just screamed and screamed and screamed. Everyone was looking at us. but my hubby and i just keep going. Then we brought him to a corner, like near the toilet where it was quieter and told him to calm down there. And we told him we'll only go back to the store if he calms down. If he still insisted on being carried, we'll go home, which is what we did.

like jeanyard, i don't believe in hitting the child cos he see us hit, he'll think it's ok to hit and will hit others.

I think it's important to be NOT afraid to say no to the child. I always offer an alternative for Josh which i can handle. eg. if he played with the vcr, which he is not allowed, i tell him, you can either play with the activity table (where there is a slot for him to put stuff into) or he can play with his bucket of blocks....and of course must exercise a LOT of patience lor...

when josh was throwing things (now he doesn't anymore), i just ignore him. or i'll tell him "oh you want that on the floor" and just leave it there. after sometime, he stopped his throwing habits. at one point it was so bad that he'll press really hard on his cheerios and shoot them off his high chair tray! of course it was cos he wanted to see the projectile and he had a lot of fun doing it. but we ignored him..so he stopped..

smalldreams
i also dunno leh. i juz passed her the straw cup and she started sucking after a few tries. there was one stage where after sucking, she'll juz open her mouth and let the water flow out..i didnt gv her her the straw cup for some time. then after gving it to her again, she became a water monster and will suck non stop..she can drink 6-7 oz water straight after a feed till i hv to control by only putting in 3oz each time. she will fuss and scream if i try to take it away unless there's no more water inside. she doesnt seem to like sippy cups coz she has to tilt it to drink. bought dr brown's training cup for her to drink milk but she doesnt want to
sad.gif

hi nellu..

think i'll try your method, but ignoring Dylis whenever she throw things.... hope she will think we aren't 'angry' with her, and she will stop.....

My bb also loves to throw things. In fact, it started because she loves ball...she likes throwing ball. So now every time she wants to throw something, she will say, "ball, ball", before throwing. Especially the remote control, she throws until the batteries all drop out. So now, I always hide away the remote controls. nothing for her to throw, except her own toys. Of coursing keeping away the remote controls will inconvenient us, but better than having spoilt remote controls.

ris,

havent tried feeding water in the bath yet! will try tonite. but when she sees bottle, mug or anything, she will push away... but shall see how it goes..

karen,

cannot give up. i believe it is a phase. we just all have to hope it is indeed a phase and it will be over soon. have faith :p

jeanyard,

okok, will be KS and run to hospital when i have contractions at 15mins apart. think 1 week before EDD i will ask hb to work from home. I will probably start to work from home abt by 37 or 38 weeks... i definitely will not survive without epi!

lovedogs
same here. i have told my hubby that this time rd i will request for epi 1st thing unlike the 1st preg which by the time i had my epi, i almost faint from pain. hehe

zhuzhu,
hahaha won't lah...your boy won't become high-riser litterbug...it's just a phase. Bb just want to look at how things move through air, and how things move.

i found that aft i introduce some 'moving' toys to josh he became less interested in throwing things. this could be an idea?

wonderbaby
is chloe very lethargic? Her fever is due to teething or.....? bbK got fever the last time when she's teething, she drank lots of liquid, no appetite. So juz gave her water n milk.
kao_smile.gif

wonder
markus oso had fever last fri nite..just after his chix pox jab..tot it was due to the jab..but PD said cannot be..must be some other virus infection..

can still feed porridge lar..as long as she can eat..i think its fine lor..

wonder baby
chinese dr told me not to give porridge when kids are having fever. give mashed potato or wheat cereal.

nellu
i think i will use ur method cos i'm lazy to pick the toys but PIL likes to pick up whatever ky throws. shang now jing!

m@w, zhu zhu
not lethargic.she's acting as normal. lucky she's drinking lots of water.think tomorrow will boil barley for her.
is markus ok now?chloe's going for her pneumoccocal and chix pox jab tog in aug..hope she wont fall sick
sad.gif

sgn,
my parents were the ones who told me not to pick things up for Josh. They said that it'll become a bad habit and Josh will think that people will pick up after him next time.

Now that he can understand things better, i teach him to 'help' the maid. E.g. i will tell him to give the maid his cup aft he finish drinking, or pass his toys to the maid to pack up, etc. and he cooperates. Both the maid and I will praise him when he does it. It makes him very happy. So he repeats the tasks everytime he is asked to do it.

i don't want him to become spoilt just because we have a maid at home.

nellu

are you a SAHM? If yes, it's great, coz though you have a maid, you can also spend lots of time with yr kiddo, while the maid just acts as a helper

smalldreams,
yes me am SAHM. Had been handling Josh alone for the last 6mths. Only got the maid recently because Josh is a very fast crawler and now he's learning to walk. Really need another pair of hands to help, not just with the cleaning and housework but can double up to jaga the boy.

actually i prefer not to do with the maid. but then got no choice for no cos josh isn't even old enough to go to childcare...

nellu

Your hubby must earn a lot for you to be a SAHM with maid some more :p Lucky ya! Well guess Josh can go to an infant care (babies.inc etc) but that'll cost $1k, and also defeats your SAHM-status right?

I'm thinking of placing Adam in child care when he hits 18 mths or 24 mths, coz there's one at my workplace - little skoolhouse

lovedogs,
tessa was born on which week? I thought i'll die without epi too but I didn't. but definitely don't want to go through it again.

Wonder,
you must give paracetomol every 5 hrs. check the instructions on how much to give.

cheezel, Karen
Cookie doesn't understand concept of "present" yet, so didn't get him anything. but we taught him how to love baby meimei and he likes babies, so will stare. if i ask him where is bb, he will go into the room. if he sees bb drinking milk, he'll drink beside her too (and finish the bottle)

small dreams,
can't say I enjoy ML cos it's worst than my working life!! I have to pump milk at 12am, 3am, 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm..........

Ris,
don't worry, some bb are just less eloquent. Cookie "talks" a lot but every vocab is just baba, he's not picking up any words at all.

mummies
weather is bad n flu virus going ard. Muz take care !! I juz brot jboy for his chic pox n pneumo jab last nite .. hopefully 2day he wun develope fever .. cross my finger!!

Nellu
I like the idea of asking jboy 2 help out too. So nowadays, will pass him his soiled diaper ask him bring to throw, or ask him bring his dirty laundry to the laundry basket. Sometimes in a hurry i bring myself, he will get angry .. hehe :p

smalldreams,
no lah, hubby doesn't earn a lot. we just live within our means lor. i prefer to work REALLY. had to give up and stay home cos no one wants to help take care of Josh, and can't leave him with a maid alone. I also didn't like the idea of infantcare. Too expensive.

I'm planning to put Josh in childcare when he's 18-20mths. Cos i want to let him learn to be independent. Also i will then be able to start working from home. my ex-boss still waiting for me to settle the kid and the maid. :p

cool daughter,
it's a great idea isn't it? it also teaches the kids to be independent and also instill good values and habits.

Josh also gets upset if he doesn't get to do some of the 'work'.

nellu
It good to let bb do some "chores"....Javen always help me throw away his soiled diaper into the dustbin. After his milk, he will pass me the bottle.

now whenever javen throw things we will pick them up....sometime i dun bother but my mil will pick up for him...prob can try to ignore those things he throw onto the floor n let him know that he cant expect pple to pick things up for him. cos everytime we pick up, he throw again.

wonder
i try to limit porridge to Javen when he having fever. I give him mee sua, ABC pasta, mashed potato with fish n vege...when he feel better then i give him porridge.

cool daughter
hehe..jordon is so cute!

earlier chloe was playing with hubby on the mattress then she fell down hard head first and hit her forehead on the floor. there was the foam mat luckily but it was still a very loud thud and then she cried so loud..haiz..hope she is ok
sad.gif

today no more fever

<font color="0000ff">hi lovedogs</font>
ya, i'll try my best, will not give up....
but smtimes is really very stressful, as Dylan is getting more and more rebellious....
sad.gif

<font color="aa00aa">hi Jeanyard</font>
Cookie is so cute... laying next to mei mei to drink milk.... ^_^

mummies
Yes .. sometimes during playtime, will also anyhow pass jboy some stuffs asked him bring to so-and-so. Keeps him bz so he wun come n kachiao us :p

Btw, jboy throws thing too .. n sometimes, it's really driving me crazy. I always beat his palm when he does it, n now, sometimes he throw things, look at me, automatically show me his palm **FAINT**.

I am oni hoping it will soon be a passing phrase ..

Jeanyard

Awww, it's the regular pumping again huh...But I've always wondered, why do you pump at 3 am? Is it coz yr baby doesn't wake up, so you pump to ease away the ache? Coz last time, I've never ever gotten up at 3 am or 6 am to pump, coz my baby just latched on. Except one time, I got up at 3 am to pump coz I didnt have enuf milk for him the next day when i went to work.

cool

jboy so funni. throw things liao still show u his palm....hehe...think he know that when he throw u will beat his palm. but think they still young to understand whats wrong.

smalldream
i do have frens who wake up at night to pump cos bb doesnt latch on well or bb sleep thru. i'm the lazy type...i dun pump every 3 hr. i only 4 times per day n latch on at night.

cheezel, i'm similar to you...latch on at night mostly. In the day also, i'll only pump if baby only latched on one side, but the other side feels full. Looks like i'm lazier!

jeanyard,
u not gg to try latch on this time? but u really v diligent w ur pumping schedule, very wei da mummy.

cheezel, smalldreams,
i oso 'prefer' to latch than express esp i m sahm. tat tx i expressed d excess ss n freeze. so 'sim tia' cos ended up all thrown away as cher is on latch on fully. only regret is lazy din get her to take bottle so she totally rejects bottle n i hv to brg her evywhere i go.

cheezel, smalldreams
miss those expressing days huh. i never latch on during confinement period cos not enough milk. CL look after my boy while i pump if i wake up in the middle of the nite. will surf net while expressing wahahah...

Back