(2007/04) April 2007 MTB

This morning while waiting for bus, stood too long suddenly felt giddy & nauseous.. so took leave to rest.. go to work also no point.. can't concentrate.. I feel bloated too.. I realise I need to eat to suppress the nauseousness and sick feeling.. but can't take some food smell.. I can't imagine those pregnant mums during war times, how did they survive? hee.. anyway, I feel gd staying at home..

Hey gals

Wow ... have been a little busy to come into the forum and so many new posts and new mummies to be :)

Anyway, was feeling real giddy yesterday, nearly wanted to faint in my office ... I did read up that giddiness could be caused by low blood circulation during preggy ... not too sure what are the ways that can improve blood circulation ...

But so far so good, no MS ... just slight nausea occasionally ... but my previous gynae had prescribed me (and which my current gynae recommends that I continue with) with Vit B6 that seems to help in curbing MS ...

wow...ixora15, how i envy u?

I can't take leave nor MC cos before i was pregnant, i tend to fall sick every mth and record has shown that i do apply for sick leave every mth.

Sounds bad right? But those were genuine cases. Even when i travelled in overseas for work, i do fall sick in the foreign land too.

And now, i tried no matter hw bad my situation is.
sad.gif

But i know it's always good to rest more. That's y i try to capture as much sleep as possible.

I tend to sleep earlier now like 9pm.

So have a good rest at home
happy.gif

hi fiona,

me also like u sleep at around 9 pm nowadays. i get tired very easily nowadays. worst, i need to go toilet very frequent during the night, abt 3 times. so my sleep is disrupted. sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and cant sleep .... haha will start counting stars....

Hi dragon gal,

3 times is a lot!!! I woke up once and that's it. Sometimes i can even wake up feeling hungry again. Tell my hubby and he gets me to sleep.

Said I can always eat again tomorrow morning :p

So i have to soothe my baby to sleep.

Hi all,

Im trying to coneive a bb near yr.however, I dont really know how to count the ovulation days. Anyone could share with me?Thanks alot.

hi jesmine,

saw those charts before. I think it is 50% accurate.
kao_biggrin.gif

Anyway, when i was carrying my 1st born, the chart predicted i would have a girl but much to my in laws delight, it turned out to be a boy. This time again, I'm suppose to have a girl , well, we shall see.

Hi Glynnis,

Is your cycle very regular?
If you are having a regular cycle of 28 days (counting from day 1 of your menses to start of your next menses), then your ovulation should be at day 14 of the cycle. If it is 30 days cycle, it wll be day 16 etc.
You can also monitor your basal body temperature, once you ovulated, there will be an upward shift of body temperature. You may want to take a look at this website
http://www.fertilityfriend.com

Hi pine, hope you are feeling better. Try to take food that is high in iron (like red meat and soy bean) if your gynae didn't give you any iron supplements.

I'm also not at the tip top condition at work as I feel bloated and sleepy all the time, therefore I decided to slow down a little. Have been on and off taking leaves to rest at home Luckily I have very understanding team members who volunteer to help me with my work. At home, my maid also need to work extra hard, not only to do housework but also take care of my boy. Felt rather guilty

fiona
guess.. i don really care abt my diet. very bad hor.. i even ate sashimi, mussels, oyster fried egg etc.. of coz in moderation.

so i think BBQ and claypot rice shd be fine.. as long as there is no spotting or discomfort in your pregnancy
happy.gif

hi fiona,
thank u.. i had a good sleep juz now.. oh dear, can't take sick leave now it's really bad.. good to hear u r perservering.. yes, sleep earlier then.. I still sleep at abt 12mn plus all the waking up at nights, gosh, feel so restless in the day.. will also try to sleep earlier..

Wow JL, u ate sashimi? Can understand.. sometimes juz want to eat that something to feel better.. I feel our bodies very strange, got so much of changes when preggy...

Dragon gal,

I also wake up few times to toilet. I tried not to drink water after 8pm. If I remember correctly, 1st and 3rd trimester will go toilet more frequent.

Hi JL,

Thanks for sharing with me. Aiya, I'm just being Kiasu. Yes i agreed with you, as long as we eat in moderation.

Anyway, i dun take raw stuff so kind of lucky that i dun miss much hee...

ixora15,

Next time pls try to sleep earlier. I heard from my sisters (experienced mum), that they sleep a lot and when the child is born, the baby tends to follow our sleeping regimen.

So in some way, it's easier to take care of the baby esp at night. Baby dun wake up as often for feeding.

That's the reason why am i trying to make a point to sleep earlier at least till the next morning.

I try not to wake up in the nite hoping that our little baby will not wake up that often in the future. Hee...:p

actually i love to sleep so it's a luxury to sleep earlier.

hi cmy,
i try not to drink water also, but my hubby wants me to take a cup of milk before sleeping leh...i have been cutting down alot on my tv dramas
sad.gif

hi fiona,
really? if that's the case, then I'll try to sleep earlier, I want my bb to sleep peacefully too.. actually I love to sleep too..

hi dragon gal,
i also try not to drink too much water.. but I wld either feel very thirsty and wake up to drink or wake up to go toilet.. it's a std cycle for me... sigh.. so tiring..

Glynnis,

No need to envy. My first one also tried few mths. I understand how you feel. For this time round, it is purely "accident"... Imagine I was C-section for first one and not even 1 yr then striked. A bit worried althought doctor said is ok.

Btw, Those 2nd time mummies do your have any different synthoms from the previous one? Just now I vomitted again. My first one, I can't take any fish but no vomit, can drink milk. This one really make me sick on meat, especially pork. Don't really want to drink milk. Appetite not good as first one... very very tired compared the first one. haiz...

Hi Fiona, me also experience the same lei.. dizzy, dun feel like going to work cos sleeply.. maybe wake up too many x in the nite to go toilet le la.. haha

Hi Jasmine,
me too, feel very dry and thirty and will try to drink alot of water then ended up wanna to vomit... dun noe wat to do then go drink cold drink ribena.. it helps for me.. just dun be so sweet lor..

hi dragon gal,
me also lei.. but better than u la.. sleep abt 10 plus but wake up abt 2 x in the nite just to go toilet..

fiona,
really ar? sleep early then bb will sleep early next x ar ??? haha.. i also wan.. wan my baby to sleep throughout the nite.. haha.. me born in the yr of pig ma.. that y love to sleep so much.. hope my bb will be like me like to sleep cos alos will be born in the yr of pig.. keke

Baby Lover
Sorry for the late update. My EDD is 7th Apr and my gynae is Dr Suresh Nair under Mt E.

Went for 8 week check up yest and can almost see the shape of the bb...abt 2cm...doc said need another 4 weeks to stablise. Hence praying everyday that everything will turn out ok...

Hi ixora & fen,

I can't guarantee 100% but since all my sisters had experienced that so i kind of believe.

No harm trying! Anyway it's good to sleep earlier too for our sake and our little children.
happy.gif

Btw, I have 4 elder sisters and i'm the 5th hee...

1 out of 4 sisters does not sleep early and she can stay awake in the nite to do cross-stitch. Guess what, end up her 2 sons do not sleep early. They are very active in the middle of the nite. These make her exhausted easily.

So I assume that our children will follow our sleeping regimen.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cmy</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Geyser</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dragon Gal</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jessie</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>CelC</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stileto</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Catherine Lee Sammi</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michele Chua</TD><TD>5-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR YG Tan</TD><TD>RAFFLES </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenthena</TD><TD>6-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fen</TD><TD>7-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rainbow7</TD><TD>7-Apr-06</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Suresh Nair</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby Love</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>JL (Mindy)</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kai Ling</TD><TD>10-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Page Up</TD><TD>11-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR LS Lien</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fiona</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Kowa</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ixora15</TD><TD>12-Apr-06</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Yong T T</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piggymum</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweatcorn</TD><TD>14-Apr-06</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pine3</TD><TD>17-Apr-06</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Kenneth E Lee</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angela Lee</TD><TD>18-Apr-06</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR PS Lui</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>ValC</TD><TD>18-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR WK Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoobydoo</TD><TD>21-Apr-06</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR YC Wong</TD><TD>NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eunice</TD><TD>27-Apr-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

babylove.. thanks for updating the chart.
but i think you need to make some amendments.. some of the year of EDD shd be 07 instead of 06

hi babylove,

thanks for updating the chart. up to now, we have 24 apr mummies to be.

on mc today. Got a bit of brown spotting yesterday which is totally gone today. Gynae doesn't want to take any chances so give me hormone pills and make me rest at home.

hi all
lately, the hunger pangs can really kills me. last time can still 'lun'. now when get hungry, i really feel like eating human beings oredi. hahaha.
btw, wat would you all suggest that we can eat in between meals? say i get real hungry at 11.30am but lunch is at 12pm?
fruits is out of the qn.. coz i been puking fruits when i hv them in morning.. sigh!!

allo ladies,

can i join?
Im presently in my 6th week.
Went to the gynae yesterday and managed to see and hear the heartbeat.
So excited..the feeling is undescrible.
happy.gif

However, i have been feeling loss of appetite and nausea these days. Not a very good feeling though.

Hi mommies

Sorry for the mistake..hahaha I'm so blur! I didnt realise my mistake regarding the yr. (Thanks JL, for pointing that out to me).

:p

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cmy</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Geyser</TD><TD>1-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dragon Gal</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jessie</TD><TD>2-Apr-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>CelC</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stileto</TD><TD>3-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Catherine Lee Sammi</TD><TD>4-Apr-07</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michele Chua</TD><TD>5-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR YG Tan</TD><TD>RAFFLES </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wenthena</TD><TD>6-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR SC Chew</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fen</TD><TD>7-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rainbow7</TD><TD>7-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Suresh Nair</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby Love</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR HK Ho</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>JL (Mindy)</TD><TD>9-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kai Ling</TD><TD>10-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Page Up</TD><TD>11-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR LS Lien</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fiona</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Kowa</TD><TD>MT. E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ixora15</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Yong T T</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piggymum</TD><TD>12-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sweatcorn</TD><TD>14-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pine3</TD><TD>17-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR Kenneth E Lee</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angela Lee</TD><TD>18-Apr-07</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DR PS Lui</TD><TD>MAH </TD></TR><TR><TD>ValC</TD><TD>18-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Scoobydoo</TD><TD>21-Apr-07</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>DR YC Wong</TD><TD>NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eunice</TD><TD>27-Apr-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>DR Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi page

Thanks for your suggestion and concern
happy.gif
, think I'll start to take more beef ... seems like I get a little nauseated when I smell fish right now, soy beans is high in iron also? Does soya bean milk count?

Hi JL

You can consider stocking up with 3-in-1 oatmeal? I have that in my drawers in case I'm hungry ... 3-in-1 milo is a must for me also, really helps to curb temp hunger pangs, and I have those snack bars (Quackers or Uncle Toby) to munch on if I feel really hungry
lol.gif

hi darbebe,

can i check with u if ur gyane did normal ultrascan or vaginal ultrascan for you? just find out that i am preggie cos i just missed my mens n when i go see my gynae, cant see anything...only thick linning in the uterus which he say something may be growing there so mostly likely is baby.....

ladies..
do you hv this piercing pain in your breasts? i got this last nite.. quite painful leh..

Jl,
Maybe u can buy some biscuit in the office.. eat it while u are hungry lor.. me also like dat.. morning eat liao 11 plus also hungry... nite x also cannot eat, eat wat will feel like vomit de.. so eat abit then eat biscuit or supper if hungry lor..

hi mummies,

thanks for ur reply.. pc down for quite a few days so neber log in.. well af visit me liao.. guess i'll have to try harder this time round.. hope to join you gal very soon..

hi fiona,
yup no harm sleeping earlier.. I had a gd sleep last night, feeling gd now..
happy.gif

hi baby_love,
tks again for your effort in putting up the table.. so many Apr MTBs.. hahaha..

hi JL,
I share your sentiments... I can't tolerate hunger too.. muz eat instantly whenever hungry else will feel nauseous.. I'm doing what pine3 and fen r doing, stock up some biscuits and 3-in-1 milo to curb my hunger..

Hi Ladies,
But I hv a qn, I heard chocolate has caffeine, do u think too much of 3-in-1 milo will harm the bb?

ixora
maybe you can read on the back of the milo pack to see if it contains caffeine.
anyway, some doc say a cuppa caffeine a day is fine.. but no more than 1 cup.

juz came back from gynae. BB measure 1.7cm @ 8weeks gestation
doc say the head, body and limb are formed but i can't decipher which is which as all looks the same to me.

Btw, Doc urge to take OSCAR at end of the month.. anyone going for OSCAR tests for abnormality? not cheap leh.. i don't want but hubby insisted

JL

I'll be seeing my gynae on Wed for the 8th week scan, will let you know if my gynae also ask me to go for the test ... btw, how much is your gynae charing you for the test?

Ixora

Think Milo compared to tea and coffee has a lot less caffeine content, my gynae also mentioned is fine to have a cup of coffee each day, so I think Milo won't be a prob, although I restrict it no more than 2 cups a day as it can be quite heaty for the throat
wink.gif

ixor and pine3,
Think we are in the same shoe.. always looking for food de..keke
my stomach is starting to come out liao.. sian.. many of my colleague have been asking and testing me whether if i am pregnant anot.. sign..

Hi ladies,

Just to share with you pregnancy progress....visited gynae today, bb now 8 wks 6 days, crl =23.8mm.

Wow! can see bb shape and 4 limbs (vaginal scan tho). Cute! Gynae asked me to cough to see if bb will move but bb didn't burge..haha...the heart was beating and that is comforting already...Oh, gynae changed my EDD from 03/04/07 to 08/04/07 (I wonder why but didn't ask her).

I had whitish creamy discharge for a week and gynae confirmed it was yeast infection and injected some medicine into vaginal. Hope it not harmful to bb

JL,
I'll be doing Oscar test too on 29/09/06 at TMC. The cost is $350.

Hi Cheezel,

My gynae did an ultrascan for me.
My first trip to him at 4 weeks also cannot see anything. Just a small sac.
So do not worry too much, you should be able to see something for your next visit.
happy.gif

Hi Stileto,

hmm...i also had some whitish discharge recently.At first thought its normal till i saw your post.
Yeast infection is caused by wat ah? Will it affect our pregnancy?

Hi darbebe,

Yeast should be caused by bacteria in vaginal when PH balance is inbalance (either too acidic or alkaline). It's accompany with some external itch around vulva...

Hello!

Love to join all of you in this forum!

Went for my 1st gynae check up on Monday at week 8 and found out that I am carrying twins! It's my 1st pregnancy so am not too sure what to expect! Luckily MS is pretty mild...thot that it will be twice as bad!

congratulations congratulations cindy. it's tough enough having 1 bb, 2 is unimaginable. but once the tough part is over, then you'd only have gone through it once but all of us gotto go through it 2ce to have a 2nd one. hope you have 1 boy 1 girl.

stileto, does yeast infection give ALOT of discharge? my new maid say she got alot and is smelly and now starting to itch. already saw dr and dr gave her 1 suppository, but the symptoms are still there. argh!!

hi JL,
i went for my 2nd visit to gynae yesterday. I am abt week 9 now. doctor also ask if I want to go for OSCAR at week 12.... still considering. cost $300 at TMC. wat abt urs?

Back