(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

carol,
Everytime i visit japan, i try to take this 'special' cabins coz the kind of CROWD u get in japan is like twice the amt of ppl compared to local trains. It is packed til ur face is in someones hair or chest... Macham lovers...
sad.gif


QQ,
We see how lar. Only if the numbers hit more than 10 den consider if not, ur house, civic centre or the playground downstairs are all fine.
happy.gif
 


can someone pls put this in the GG thanks.

Date: 19 July 2008
Time: TBC
Venue: woodlands (TBC, QQ, civic, swim pool, etc)

Pls indicate if mygym is available (not yet checked).

Participants:
1. QQ + tian (My gym, ok!)
2. Linda + 3L (My gym, ok if < $25)
3. hj + elisha (mygym ok??)
4. star + Rae (pending)(mygym ok??)
5. Yvonne + bel (mygym ok??)
6. jaxe + josi (mygym ok??)
7. irin + RR +maid(maybe)(mygym ok??)
8. SQ + YE (Swimming only)
9. mash (reminder for QQ oni...)
10.
11.

sorry, my peanut brain cannot work. no offence and pls just add into the list.
cause i really cannot remember liao...
i need brain food.
 
Carol-But sometimes I think some people are really too tired lo.. thus even wanna give up seat also 'you xing wu li'..

QQ-haha.. 2 bad SG no such law ler...

Linda-in someones hair or chest?? sounds gross if that 'lucky' person is sweating??.. eee..
 
is today veryberry's birdday?
happie birdday..

enne.. nevermindla.. wait till we old then implement the rules for elderly.. haha! one cabin for old ppl. ?? hee
 
re: scotts cod-liver oil ad song

mummies, i m trying to recall the lyrics to the ad song, but i can't remember fully.. can u all help? especially those born in the '70s.. heh heh. I can only remember 1st 3 lines and the chorus.. can u all help to fill in the xx xx part?

yi fu ben lai, gang gang hao
wei shen me xian zai gou bu shang
zuo de yi zhen, na me xiao
xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

cheng zhang cheng zhang
wo yi cheng zhang
si ge tuo mi yu gan you
pei ban wo yi qi cheng zhang
 
bbmouse,

Cuz if elderly and preggie fall, it is bad! Elderly can die from falls and preggies can miscarriage from falls.
 
autum ... erm, i think i remember. LOL.

yi fu ben lai, gang gang hao
zen me xian zai gou bu shang (wei shen me?)
zuo zi yi zi, na me xiao
xiao fang men ye chuan bu liao ["can't even go through the door"??]

cheng zhang cheng zhang
wo yi cheng zhang [bi bi kan, shui bi shui gao?]
si ge tuo mi yu gan you
pei ban wo yi qi cheng zhang
 
autum is going to kill me this time.

bbmouse, preg's CG is much higher, so easy to fall especially if the mrt brakes......
*siam*
 
some bus drivers' skills r terrible one. so safer to sit down. i nearly fell when take train while preggie once cos the train suddenly jerk when start to move as i was trying to sit down. lucky i sit 'lightly' onto a lady next to me
 
Mejo: Preggies can hold the bar well mah.. Elderly are weak and frail so can excuse. To me, I actually don't like pushing and shoving. Giving us preggies more space surpasses offering us a seat.
I think everyone taking the mrt is tired. So it's understandable if the person doesn't wish to give up his/her seat to a preggie. I will put myself in that person's shoes. If I'm really tired and the other person "looks" ok to me, I will rationalise myself away from giving up the seat.

But I qualify that I don't take a lot of MRT lah, so maybe there are many ugly behaviors I didn't witness.
 
bbmouse, i find buses more terrible than trains cause drivers can be very jialat. i will fall cause my CG very high during P time.

autum, cause i am very scientific again. :p
okla. lame joke.
 
Enne,
1 good thing is dat japanese are super polite and clean, so they smell reallie good in the morning. But its erm... veri paiseh to stand so CLOSE to any STRANGER especially if its a MAN/OLD MAN. :p

Autumn,
U are killing my brain cells with the cod liver oil jingle!!! LOL.....
 
QQ: I see.. I feel sometimes it's what the preggie is carrying that's worrying.. If a preggie/old person is carrying a lot of bags, then I'll be worried he/she falls. Cos the person won't be able to hold on well mah.. Then shd give up the seat to these people lah..
 
Carol,
no la.. cos a colleague was trying to sing it just now.. then she also dunno that line.. then now the song stuck in my head.. so i want to ask the mummies here if anyone knows!

QQ,
orh.. haha.. actually CG is only one thing.. i think more crucial is, many preggies get backaches.. so if stand very long, will worsen.. so should sit down!
 
Linda linda!
u must remember that song, cos we are same age hor! please kill more brain cells and help me to remember.. else tonight i can't sleep! hahahaha..
 
autum,
i think 'small square door' makes more sense but i think it's 'small room door'??

argh this song is killing all of us
 
bbmouse,

I think for mrt it is not so bad cuz most time it is quite stable but bus can be so shaky that even normal ppl can be flung down, much less preggies. I was on a bus that actually mounts a kerb! Everybody was flung to one side momentarily. Luckily there was no one standing though, if not sure fall.
 
bbgal,
I tink the rationale could be that although accidents can happen to anyone on the public transport during the sudden jerks, shovling and such. The old, young, handicap and pregnant have a higher chances of injury/death compared to a regular person.
 
Autumn,
I have a feeling dat i will be LOSING sleep cracking my brain if the mystery is not solved.... :p

Now dat u mentioned, ya lor. I always sit on the train floor (near the door)if there is no seats when i was preg with lett. Not the best position but i had bad backaches and standing killed me. :p
 
pete,
i think the reason i wouldn't give up my seat to a man carrying child as compared to woman carrying child coz usually the man i see look quite macho one, then also look very stable. i would worry that my behavior of giving up seat, the guy might think i'm thinking less of him as a man. then if he reject, i also dunno what to do. but good pt you brought up, man carrying kid will also fall..

last time when i was younger, i always hesitate abt giving seats, not becoz i dont want, but i don't know how to react. i was too shy to stand up and say 'please have my seat', then i will think and think, until someone else would offer theirs lo. coz there was no one to 'show' me how to do it. i do think some people belong to this category, but of coz i wldnt deny there's some people who just ignore blatantly. but now even if i don't have seat and i see preggie and elderly, i will ask people to give up seat for them! lol.
 
Mejo,
u blind ah? I posted right at the top "scotts cod-liver oil ad song"... kekekekek. :p

Saffy,
erm, i have a feeling your lyrics not fully correct also.. so must need more pple to confirm the xx xx xx!
 
Autumn,

Wasn't really looking carefully. Kekeke. Somehow I only see the lyrics of the song and it awakes in my memory as jingle for a detergent? So strange.
 
Mejo: Wah! That sounds bad.. I think then we shd have more buses so that every passenger will have a seat. But of course, then charges will increase as a result.

Pete: Who needs more depends on how each person interprets the situation. If one has never been pregnant and has no relatives/friends who are pregie before, they won't have any clue what preggies go through. And a young child/teenager with no living grandparents will have no idea how it feels like to be old. A young child who gives up his seat to an elderly is doing it out of "obedience" becos he's been told it's polite, good etc to do so.
Actually I'm really bored and hence am discussing this topic.. Kekekek..
 
Mejo,
i know why.. cos the jingle starts with "yi fu".. which is clothes.. so your brain automatically links it to some detergent (clothes)!
 
QQ,
what is mygym? like gymboree? how much do we have to pay?

autum/saffy,
it's 'small room door', or small house's door to be exact. coz in the commercial, the kids were playing with a toy house, then i think they cannot enter or sth like tt
 
mickey,
u are really bored?! go recall the cod liver oil ad song for me.. gives your brain something to rack about! hahaha.
 
pete
it's not a MUST but i think it's basic courtesy. same as offering to hold the door for people, or letting prams go in first in the lift. personally i feel it's selfish to think that "i also paid hence i deserve to sit" or "why should people with prams deserve priority" and reflects very badly on upbringing. everything nowadays is calculated by dollars and cents, but empathy is not something that can be bought.

we went to the toys and comics convention at suntec over the weekend. super crowded and it was on the 6th floor. we decided to take the lift down coz not practical nor safe to wheel a pram down 6 flights of crowded escalators. when the lift door open, people from behind us swarmed in front of us to get into the lift, including this family with young children. i was damn pissed off and said very loudly, "that's nasty! jonas, next time cannot like that."
i didn't care what impact that made or if i was being rude
 
Autum: I think Saffy's version is quite close..

xiao fang men ye jin bu liao.. (cannot go in)

Doesn't matter whether it's room door, or square door lah. In a song, it sounds the same. somemore this is a commercial, where got lyrics to look at??
 
Carol
No I din order the brush cos I scared I 3min hot only.

Re: Children’s place order
QQ / Linda / Carol / Shannie / Saffy / BBmar / Autumn – some of yr items are OOS
Pls chk GG under CP spree#1 (Angel)
Wow...finally finis, can breathe some air!
 
Full version

yi fu ben lai, gang gang hao
zen me xian zai chuan bu shang
Echo: wei shen mo?
zuo zi yi zi, ze me xiao
xiao fang men ye jin bu liao
Echo: wei dao hao!

cheng zhang cheng zhang
wo yi cheng zhang
Echo: bi bi kan, shui bi shui gao?
si ge tuo mi yu gan you
ni pei wo yi qi cheng zhang
 
SAffy,
kekeke.. i always use the same tactic. Zhi Sang Ma Huai. I will chide the children that they must be courteous or must stand aside etc... when there are obnoxious ppl dat push their way or even push them!

Autumn,
I am LOOKING/ASKING now~~~~
 
Pete: Before you get me wrong.. I will be pleasantly pleased if someone offers me a seat. But I won't expect anyone to..
 
Mickey
You said: "Then key in your orders at cwg home delivery page to register your parcel."
I already have order#; where do i register my parcel?
 
bbmouse
mom@works sell the decal too..

public transport
there's once a I took a bus with k in the morning, I've to carry him, his bag &amp; my bag to go up the bus &amp; there isn't anyone offer their seat &amp; the bus was travelling so fast &amp; making a wide turn...at the point of time, I held tightly to the post so scared tat K'll fell of my hand..

Autum
glad to hear tat EJ is ok now...

Angel
I can't remember wat mat i buy beside the frog &amp; the wat huh??

QQ
k wants to go ur house but I can't.. so sad
sad.gif
 
Linda
ok, now that is REALLY nasty. how can anyone push children?? that is as bad as those 2nd-tier cities in china lor. i went to HK (famed for rude people last time) when I was 6mths preggy and almost always someone would offer me a seat.
 


Angel: Log in to cwg website, click go shopping, click home delivery, a shopping panel will appear. Key in your orders there and press "next". There'll be a phone call from cwg to verify that you've placed the orders for this amount. To verify, you have to key in your phone PIN.
 

Back
Top