(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

K started at 18mths for 1/2 day Cc. nothing much to say abt her , only remb she loves to cry every morning due to separationanxiety :S

SQ,
still ok bah. They go to the same school, you drop both together. So even though Meimei don't see YE but she knows YE is somewhere around in the same place. She should feel less of the separation anxiety?

But then it's hard to say too, think depends on kids. RR see each other in the same classroom and both cried for weeks. :S

SQ: Definitely helps.. Cos meimei knows jiejie is there.. When you go pick YE now, YH will walk abt with you in the school right? So she's aware of the surroundings, it'll be easier for her next time..

Agree. It definiely helps more or less only. For my kids sch, they will put them together for a period of time until Gwyen is settled in. So you may just let the school take care of this.

Germ/Rr/aaa
Tks!
The teacher says she wil jus ask YE to come down if meimei is inconsolable
Wahaha
Hb says Mayb wait til meimei is 3 instead o sending her to cc
*faint*

SQ: i think send earlier, the longer u delay the harder to get them to adapt lah. yeah same plc wi;ll be much better. u may be surprised how much better mei mei settles in school as compared to YE.

SQ,
think its okk for YH to starts coz most of the CCs they have exp with siblings. K's cc has a lot of siblings and they are able to handle the situation usually. but if you prefers to keep YH at home, that is fine too :D K's classmates got 2 siblings, they are the younger ones, since dec they have moved upstairs, compared to last year when the N1 was downstrs.

my MIL told me dun send didi to playgrp next yr. But bian started at 2 1/2yr and didi wil be 3 next yr...dun understd y dun let him go. If didi goes hor then she wil b more eng cos i intend to enrol didi in the PM session. Bian comes hm at 12.40pm and didi attends at 1pm.

Conclusion...she finds its a waste of $

Rr
Bingo!
Tt was my Tot exactly!

Mich r u kidding?
happy.gif

Mummies.. Is it normal that Ayden cannot recognise chinese characters? Even 一, 二, 三.
He knows the roman numerals and english alphabets (sounds and names of alphabets)..

AAA
cannot compare. Jo is very much different from Matthew. She loves to read, but hates numbers. only managed to learn 1 to 20 last week. M is very advanced for his age and already knew much more than 1 to 20 at the same age. i learned to let go le

AAA,
I also want to tell you cannot compare. Reyes can recognise (and write) alot more words than Reyden. Given that they learn together, at the same pace and environment, shouldn't I be more concerned?

But I'm not lah cos I know boys tend to be slower.

And talking about numbers, Reyden can do additions mentally for numbers within 20 but Reyes is still using her fingers to count for 2+3!!! They are just so different.

Anyway I think gals tend to be better with languages (read/write) whereas boys will be better with numbers and science. So probably next time you will see Ayden learns his maths and science stuffs faster than Anna.

SQ,
I think maths is the only thing he's good in. His languages cannot make it. :S He's still having problem with his 'b' and 'd'. He'll become "Reyben" at times, hahaha!!

I think girls r beta w language. Boys w numbers n science. Jo is nt interested in WHY.

Irin, joanne also use fingers to do 2+3

Pax,
sometimes she can even get it wrong with fingers! I really want to faint when I look at her maths.
Kent & I are good with our maths so I can only pray she won't "deviate" too much. :p

A still using his fingers for maths. his addition is better than substraction. but i think is getting better liao.

not sure any of ur kids are like this. whenever we ask him how is school, he will only say one word "fun". nothing more.
last nite i keep probing, then he say secret. i keep asking why secret?
after tt then he recite some chinese 'song' abt fishes swimming

Ash: Have you asked him abt his friends at school? Anna has a best friend in class, and Ayden is starting to have one too..
When there's something anna doesn't want to tell me, she'll say it's a secret too. Or if there's something that doesn't make sense in what she's saying, she'll say it's "magic"..

Ash: I give the 2As candies/lollipops/biscuits etc to bring to their school. Then I'll ask if they have a friend(s) they want to give to.. Initially Ayden couldn't name his friends.. So he didn't bring any extras along.. But these days, he's starting to name his friends, cos he wants to bring extras to give to them.. You try this with Ash..
But I think the real reason is cos boys are more quiet de.. They're not as talkative or kay-poh as girls.. We shd know mah, when we compare ourselves with our hbs.. Haha..

Ash, maybe u need to change your question.. dun ask "How is school today" ask him, did he play with his frens? did they do this.. did he do any special activities, fun activities etc.. something along this line lah.

Ash,
ya, agree with AAA. I get to know most of the things in school from Reyes too.
Reyden seldom talk to me about school stuffs or friends. I used to wonder if he's always getting into trouble at school so he don't want to tell me. haha!!

Ash, another way is also to talk to the teachers in the morning (if you have the time lah)/. i also super curious to know what happened to rae in school, every day i will talk to her and ask her. sometimes she also give me the same standard answer : School is Good!

SQ: dun la pls!

AAA: yes, he has a bf in class

star: i dun send him to sch, hb does it. so i'm quite detached to his sch. i was telling QQ if i shld write in his com book to ask the teacher's wat they are learning in the Chi speech n drama class.
i will also ask leading qn like did u sing song/wat song/play games/playground etc. but he wont say much.

Omg! This aaa's post abt kaypoh is so funny!

Ok I can't help this:

Kay-poh aaa
U she convert ur kids room to the pirate theme!
*quickly Siam to Kay-poh other thgs*

SQ: You must be kidding! Then I'll give them the perfect reason not to want to go to school or do anything else outside of the room.. And I can imagine banning them from and locking them outside their own room when they do something wrong. It's crazy..

RR: Haha.. Better watch them at home then let them wander about without any surveillance.. But it s inevitable, they ll grow up and want their own independence and freedom (from us).. :p

Aaa
Ya ya great minds thk alike
Tt's wat I aim too
Make our home So welcoming to their ferns anytime
I rather they hang around n mess up my use than hang outside n I dunno wat they r up to or at other pple's hse!

So dangerous cos ter r all kinds I weird men out ter
It's scary

Back