(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Hi belle,
its from the menstrual date. anyway mine is irregular, so it calculated as duration from conception to now + 2 weeks.

HI Pinky
then i am almost 1 week behind u
happy.gif
so next week i hope to be like u and get to see bb HB
happy.gif

it must have been an exciting moment tfor u to hear the HB for the first time

hi all! wow u gals are active! so many postings! haha....

peachy, yes i told my direct sup the moment i knew i am preg! so that i wont be given too much shit job to do!! haha!!! coz i am in teaching, so pple here are ok.. dunno abt private sector though.... some said private sector can be more sensitive to such news...

its true to take meals at closer intervals rather than just 3 main meals.... now i also believe that its easy for us to get gastric pain
sad.gif
after my few days of torture... so wat i do now is i will eat as much as i cld for lunch, usually cldnt finish, and i will snack around tea time... maybe just a hot dessert... then my gastric juices get pacified better.. sigh... and wont feel like puking so much...

but now i have a bad habit... i have to lie flat on the bed aft each meal!! if i remain sitting, my stomach will feel uncomfy being crouched then the nausea comes again... at home easy lah.. but at work how to lie flat!! *urgh*

HI all MTBs, congrats! I am new to this thread. Just came back from the gynae yesterday, and i am 7w1d from last mentrual, but through VS, i am actually 6w1d, hmm, little fellow is a bit small, 0.67cm. But compare to 2 weeks ago, VScan, said the sac is only 0.25cm, it has grew tremendously, that's a good sign.

I have been on antibiotics for almost a week due to cough and lot's of phelgm. I was diagnosed with bronchitis even before i discovered i was preggy. Was praying hard that it will not be affected.

Heard the bb heartbeat and saw it on the screen. It's so amazing, at 7wks, it feels like a gold fish saying hello there
happy.gif

Infact, only through Vscan then u can detect the heartbeat at this stage, some of my friends who is 7wks, cant detect through Ultra sound scan.

I have MS only at night. BB only disturb me at 10pm to 2am, throw up starts only in week 6 exactly for 4 days. I realised that if i eat small meal and more meals, less MS. Esp last night, had dinner at 9pm, MS came onced only at 1am.

I had jap ramen for lunch this afternoon, though i know might not be healthy, but crave sink in, i have to test it out if bb like jap food. Haha, yes, surely does. Keep me smiling the whole afternoon
happy.gif

i also have been drinking soya milk, cos milk caused diarrhea for me. And drink lots of water too, cos urine is yellow.

Hope all MTBs here enjoys her pregnancy all the way!!

Hi diva, congrats! so happy for u that u got to hear bb say hello
happy.gif
nowadays cough and flu are very virulant and tougher to recover. take care! u said u throw up at 1 am , so u got to wake up from ur sleep to throw up?

does anyone knows how to set up a table so we can keep track of all our MTBs' EDD ?

Diva, in my 5th week, my gestation sac was 0.59 cm. hhopefully next week my bb can also say hello to me

hi belle
no worries...maybe ur ms wld go off sooner.... cos for me, i no ms until wk 8... then it start...then these 2 wks got worse....when by rite it shld be tapering off already...since i'm in my 12 wks now... gynae said shld be going off... or for some pp till 4 mths... i hope it goes off soon man....
happy.gif

hello to all the mar MTBs.... pai sey i dun belong here...hope u all dun mind me barging in... hehe... ;p

hi belle,
i took 1 anti-ms pill this evening, felt better and can eat a bit, otherwise I can't eat anything at all even with extreme hunger. I took dried apricots since yest, had diarrhea 3 times. Maybe it helps to clear the undigested food plus i threw up once, so can eat a bit.
my gynae asked if i have such symtom during my last pregnancy, i said no, maybe it really shows baby developing lor.

hi nana, don be paisey, gate crush more often
happy.gif

pinky, i cannot eat a lot.today breakfast i had only 3/4 slice of bread and then couldnt eat anymore. for lunch only 1 slice of bread with nutella. if this goes on i think i will lose weight . Ya i feel hungry like u. but it is more of going to get gastric kind of feeling.
i also took a mild anti-nausea pill. HOw come u will have diarrhea? dried apricot can cause diarrhea? u threw up should not have much things to come out of the bottom. careful of dehydration and losing of electrolyte. are u feeling better?

i wonder why serious MS means bb is growing well. I dunno how to go to worl since i feel so weak. been sleeping to escape from the reality of MS. sianz....

<table border=1><tr><td>
469330.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dashing</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peachy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBChew</TD><TD>4-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Ger</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LBB</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sylingko</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jkids</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanaLow</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol</TD><TD>9-Mar </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fluffy</td></tr></table>

hey pinkpink, great to hear that all went well. so u're a 2nd time mum? :> btw, i love ribena. u can try the new flavour with apple. quite yummy! now i love cold drinks, esp fizzy ones!

after reading everyone's posting, i realise i'm so fortunate that i dont puke. and my MS (or nightS?!) is not v serious. even thou it can get very uncomfortable at times, now i know i shldnt complain at all.

and everyone's right. when we're hungry the uncomfy feeling will start. so thou i dont used to snack, nowadays, i make sure i have lotsa biscuits and honeystars etc. nearby - quite handy. and hubby is so sweet. cos my tummy will start to growl at 10+pm, he'll make warm milk for me so that i can feel better. :>

belle, indeed! i cant stand bland food too. the other day i had Mac's fries (after not eating for >1yr cos i feel it's unhealthy), the bbq and curry dip taste more yummilicious than the fries itself! haha...

Hi Belle,
remember me?? from TTC thread. Paiseh!! Barge in here to give you all a head start with the table.

Paiseh if I miss out anyone, coz never really read through the postings....... if you would like me to update, can jus provide details.

Here's wishing all mummies in the March thread a smooth 9 month's ahead!!!
469336.gif
Wish I can be a mummy soon too!!!
469337.gif

HI belle,
some pple say ms means you have lots of pregnancy hormones to support. some say because the body functions are more focused on the bb now, so our digestive system slow down. i suspect its dried apricot that causes diarrhea cos i could only eat that, and was having constipation earlier. My gynae says now the baby is getting food from the yolk sac, not taking what we eat, so if we can't eat much, should not affect the bb now.
im feeling better, ate more today.
Hi veryberry
no lah, my first pregnancy failed cos the fertilised egg did not dev. into bb. The older pple advised not to drink cold water, but i also cannot resist.
Hi Posh,
mine is 10 Mar, Jocelyn Wong, TMC.

Belle,
You turn on your PM, I cun PM you leh......or you start by emailing me, I try to give you the steps in an email. click on my nick &amp; can email me liao. keke!!

Hi posh! thx for starting the table! Here's mine! EDD 9 March Gynae Tan Yew Ghee Raffles Hospital

thx!

*still feeling nauseous*
sad.gif

edde, ya this nausea feeling never ending. very difficult to work leh like that.

i also got some brown spotting. dunno what is happening.

Hi MTBs, all is some info that I grab from online. Sorry, quite abit to read. Juz for sharing.... Take good care.

Pregnancy First Trimester
The first trimester (from 0-12 Weeks) will see your body undergoing many changes as it adjusts to your growing baby. It is important to understand that these are all normal events and that most of these discomforts will go way as your pregnancy progresses. Further, you may not even experience any of the symptoms listed below. Included here are some of the symptoms you may experience during your pregnancy and how best to deal with them.

Breast Changes
The mammary glands cause the breasts to swell and become tender in preparation for breastfeeding. This is due to an increased amount of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. These changes are aimed at preparing you to feed your baby when it arrives. A supportive bra should be worn. This will minimize stretching and sagging of the breast tissue.

A woman's areolas (the pigmented areas around each breast's nipple) will enlarge, darken, and may become covered with small, white bumps called Montgomerys tubercles (enlarged sweat glands that look like large goose bumps). Youll also experience an increase in sensitivity in your breasts, but they should not remain tender to touch past the third or fourth month. In some women a network of blush lines appears under the skin as blood supply to the breasts increases. After delivery, if you breastfeed, your breasts may increase another cup size.

Tiredness
A woman may experience fatigue due to the physical and emotional demands of pregnancy. During your pregnancy, you might feel tired even when you've had a lot of sleep at night. Many women find they're exhausted in the first trimester. Don't worry, this is normal! This is your body's way of telling you that you need more rest. Tiredness will pass over time and be replaced with a feeling of well being and increased energy.

When you are tired, get some rest. Try to get eight hours of sleep every night, and take a nap during the day if you can. If you feel stressed, try to find a way to relax. You might want to start sleeping on your left side, if you find it more comfortable. This will relieve pressure on major blood vessels that supply oxygen and nutrients to the fetus.

Once your body has adjusted to the increased demands placed upon it, you should have more energy. Until then, you may need to work fewer hours or take a few days off if youre really fatigued. Once your body is back to some semblance of normality, there is no reason why you shouldnt return to your job. You will probably find that you are happier and less anxious if you keep busy.

Tips to Help You Deal With Fatigue - Get an hour or more sleep each night.
- Ensure your following a proper diet. Fatigue may be aggravated by a deficiency in iron, protein, or just not getting enough calories.
- Baby yourself and let others baby you. By getting adequate rest and relaxing while making sure your spouse is doing his fair share of chores, you will be able to focus on taking care of yourself and your baby.
- Fatigue is often worsened by your environment. Be alert of inadequate lighting, poor air circulation, poor air quality, or excessive noise and try to get them corrected.
- Get some exercise. Often a nice walk or even a slow jog can help with fatigue. Too much rest can actually heighten fatigue but be sure not to overdo the amount you exercise.

Mood Changes
Partly due to surges in hormones, a pregnant woman may experience mood swings similar to premenstrual syndrome (a condition experienced by some women that is characterized by mood swings, irritability and other physical symptoms that occur shortly before each menstrual period). You may also experience emotions such as fear, joy or elation.

Nausea and Vomiting
Increased levels of hormones that sustain the pregnancy may cause "morning sickness," which is feelings of nausea and sometimes leading to vomiting. In addition to the increased levels of hCG and estrogen, the rapid stretching of the uterine muscles, the relaxation of muscles in the digestive tract, an increase in acid in the stomach, and the enhanced sense of smell pregnant women develop can all contribute to morning sickness. Just over half of all expectant women experience the nausea and vomiting associated with morning sickness. However, morning sickness does not necessarily occur just in the morning and rarely interferes with proper maternal and fetal nutrition. Even those women that actually lose weight during the first few months of pregnancy because they have a hard time keeping any food down are not hurting their baby, as long as they make up for the lost weight later on. Also, if you are experiencing morning sickness, the symptoms usually dont linger much beyond the third month.

Tips on Getting a Grip on Your Morning Sickness
- Eat frequent, small meals (6 to 8 small meals a day, rather than 3 large meals). An empty stomach, as well as the low blood sugar caused by long stretches between meals can both contribute to morning sickness symptoms. Be sure to carry nutritious snacks with you for snacking.
- Eat a diet that is high in protein and complex carbohydrates, both of which help to alleviate the symptoms of morning sickness.
- Drink lots of water, especially if youre losing liquid through vomiting.
- Carbonated drinks inbetween meels may help with your symptoms.
- A prenatal vitamin supplement may help to compensate for nutrients that you may not be getting due to vomitting. Remember, do not take any medication for morning sickness unless it is prescribed by your practitioner.
- Avoid fatty, fried or spicy foods.
- Avoid the sight, smell and taste of foods that make you nauseous.
- Try starchy foods, like toast, saltines, cheerios or other dry cereals. Keep some by your bed and eat them before you get out of bed in the morning and when you get up in the middle of the night. Also keep some with you at all times, in case you feel nauseous.
- Get some extra sleep and relaxation and take it easy in the mornings. Minimizing your daily stress will help you cope better with morning sickness.
- Brushing your teeth or rinsing your mouth after vomiting or after all your meals will help keep your mouth fresh and reduce nauseas. It will have the added benefit of decreasing the risk of damage to teeth or gums that can occur with vomiting.

Frequency of Urination
The uterus is growing and begins to press on the woman's bladder, causing the need for her to urinate more frequently. Further, the increased volume of body fluids and the improved efficiency of the kidneys, help to rid the body more quickly of waste products. The pressure on your bladder is often relieved once the uterus rises into the abdominal cavity around the fourth month and doesnt return until the third trimester when the baby drops back down into the pelvis in the ninth month. By leaning forward when you urinate, you will ensure that you empty your bladder completely and reduce trips to the bathroom.
It is important to remember that if you notice pain, burning, pus or blood in your urine to see your health care provider right away. You might have a urinary tract infection that needs treatment.

Gastrointestinal Symptoms
As the growing uterus presses on the rectum and intestines, constipation may occur. The muscular contractions in the intestines, which help to move food through the digestive tract, are slowed due to high levels of progesterone. This may, in turn, cause heartburn, indigestion and gas.

With gas, some women become so bloated that they are prevented from eating regularly and properly. By ensuring you have regular bowel movements (see below), eat many small meals instead of few big ones, and eat slowly you will avoid the risk of bloating and minimize your own discomfort. Also, be sure to steer clear of gas-producing food such as onions, cabbage, fried foods, rich sauces, sugary sweets and beans.

High levels of certain hormones circulating during pregnancy cause the muscles of the bowel to relax making bowel movements more sluggish. Also, the growing uterus puts pressure on the bowel, cramping its normal activity. The result is constipation. To prevent constipation, try to eat fresh or dried fruit, raw vegetables and whole grain cereals or breads everyday. Also, try to drink eight to ten glasses of water everyday. Some of these servings can be substituted with fruit or vegetable juice. Try to avoid caffeinated drinks (coffee, tea, colas, and some other sodas), since caffeine makes your body lose fluid and won't help with constipation. Also, holding in bowel movements can weaken muscles that control them and lead to constipation. So when you have to go, go!

Dizziness
Dizziness, feeling lightheaded, and even fainting can occur at any stage of pregnancy, since there now is extra blood going down towards your uterus and legs. Thus, sometimes theres not an adequate blood supply to fill the rapidly expanding circulatory system. This coupled with the pressure of an expanding uterus on the mothers blood vessels can lead to dizziness and sometimes faintness. If you experience dizziness when you get up too quickly this is due to a sudden shifting of blood away from the brain as you change positions. If this is the case, be sure to get up very gradually. Another culprit might be low blood sugar levels. Ensure that you get some protein at every meal and that you eat frequent, smaller meals or try to snack between your meals. Another possible cause of your dizziness may be dehydration, so ensure that youre getting at least eight cups a day of fluids. Sometimes just getting some fresh air by going outside or opening a window may bring some relief. You can help relieve these symptoms by lying down on your left side. Or to help prevent them, try moving around more instead of sitting or standing in one position for a long time. Be sure to let your practitioner know about your dizzy spells at your next visit as it could be a sign of an underlying problem such as anemia.

Varicose Veins
Normal veins carry blood from your extremities and organs back to your heart. The veins contain a series of valves that prevent backflow of blood. If these valves are missing or faulty, blood will pool in the viens where the pressure of gravity is greatest, usually in the legs, but sometimes in the rectum or vulva, resulting in bulging. Varicose veins are more common in those who are overweight.

During pregnancy, pressure on the large veins behind the uterus and leg veins causes the blood to slow in its return to the heart. This, coupled with the pregnant womans expanded blood volume and hormone-induced relaxation of the muscle tissue in the veins can lead to varicose veins in the legs and hemorrhoids (varicose veins in the vagina or around the anus). Varicose veins look like swollen veins raised above the surface of the skin. They can be twisted or bulging, and are dark purple or blue in color. They are found most often on the backs of the calves or on the inside of the leg, anywhere from the groin to the ankle. Also, veins become more prominent on the surface of the breast. There may be a mild achiness or severe pain in the legs, or a sensation of heaviness, or swelling. In sever cases; the skin overlying the veins becomes swollen, dry, and irritated. In most cases, the problem will clear up or improve spontaneously after delivery, or by the time pre-pregnancy weight is reached.

Tips to Prevent Varicose Veins and Minimize Symptoms During Pregnancy
- avoid tight knee-highs or garters
- avoid excessive weight gain
- sit with your legs and feet raised when possible. If you work at a desk, you can prop your feet up on a footstool, box or several books. Or when relaxing at home, keep your feet up on a footstool, some pillows on the couch, or another chair. Try to avoid long periods of standing or sitting.
- avoid heavy lifting
- avoid straining during bowel movements as this can lead to hypertension and hemorrhoids.
- try to exercise twenty to thrity minutes a day; this can be something like a brisk walk or a swim
- vitamin C helps to keep veins healthy and elastic

Some women get spidery purplish-red lines on their thighs called spider veins. These result from the hormone changes of pregnancy and should not be confused with varicose veins. They usually fade and disappear after delivery. If not, they can be treated easily by dermatologist.

Leg Cramps
At different times during your pregnancy, you might have cramps in your legs or feet. This is due to a change in the way your body processes, or metabolizes, calcium. One way to prevent these cramps is to make sure to get enough calcium through nonfat or low-fat milk, and calcium-rich foods. You also get some calcium in your prenatal vitamin, but you might need to take a calcium supplement if you don't get enough through your diet. Talk with your health care provider first about taking calcium supplements.

Fatigue and fluid accumulation in the legs are also thought to be contributing factors to leg cramps. You can limit the effect of fatigue and swelling by wearing support hose during the day and alternating periods of rest with your feet up, with periods of physical activity.

You can relieve leg and foot cramps by gently stretching the muscle. If you have a sudden leg cramp, flex your foot towards your body. If you point your foot to stretch your leg, the cramp could worsen. Wrapping a warm heating pad or warm, moist towel around the muscle also can help relax the muscle.

Hemorrhoids
Rectal bleeding during pregnancy can be caused by internal or external hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are varicose veins of the rectum, and can cause itching and pain as well as bleeding. Constipation often causes or compounds both problems. If you do have bleeding from your rectum, make sure it is evaluated by a physician.

Tips on Preventing or Alleviating Hemorrhoids Symptoms During Pregnancy - Prevent constipation by eating plenty of fluids and getting lots of fiber in your diet.
- Decrease pressure by sleeping on your side, not standing or sitting for long periods and not straining when having a bowel movement.
- Warm sitz baths can help reduce discomfort.
- Laxatives, stool softeners, suppositories or medications should only be used if prescribed by a doctor.
- Even if you get hemorrhoids, they will probably disappear postpartum if you follow these preventative measures.

Increased Heart Rate
Cardiac volume increases by approximately 40 to 50 percent from the beginning to the end of the pregnancy, causing an increased cardiac output. An increased cardiac output may cause an increased pulse rate during pregnancy. The increase in blood volume is needed for extra blood flow to the uterus.

Excess Saliva
Early in pregnancy, it is common for women to experience overproduction of saliva. Though unpleasant, its harmless and normally disappears after the first few months. It is more common in those women that also experience morning sickness. To try and dry things up a bit, try brushing your teeth frequently with mint toothpaste, rinsing with a mint mouthwash, or chewing sugarless gum.

Heartburn and Indigestion
Due to large amounts of the hormones progesterone and relaxin that are produced during pregnancy, the smooth muscle lining in your gastrointestinal tract will relax, allowing food to move more slowly through your system, resulting in bloating and indigestion.

Heartburn occurs partly due to relaxation of the ring that separates the esophagus from the stomach. This allows the harsh stomach acid to come up and irritate the sensitive espophageal lining, causing a burning sensation.

Tips on How to Avoid or Minimize Heartburn Symptoms
- Avoid gaining too much weight as this puts excess pressure on the stomach contents.
- Dont smoke.
- Eat six small meals rather than three big ones and eat slowly.
- Stay upright for several hours after eating and try not to eat big meals prior to going to bed.
- Try to minimize fatty foods, processed meats, chocolate, coffee, alcohol or spicy foods.
- Dont wear clothing that is very constrictive around your abdomen or waist.
- Ask your practitioner to recommend an antacid. Always check with your practitioner before taking any medication or supplement, even if it is over-the-counter medication.

Appetite Increase and Cravings
Due to your bodys increase need for more nutrients and energy to sustain your growing baby, you may find that your appetite may be increased during this trimester. You will probably find that your taste in food will change somewhat during pregnancy. This is mainly due to hormone changes. It is completely normal and will probably continue until your birth. If you find yourself craving something that you know youd probably be better off without, then seek a substitute that satisfies the craving but without filling you up on empty calories. Occasionally giving in to less nutritious cravings is fine, as long as they dont include something risky. Most cravings disappear or weaken by the fourth month.

=)

Hi all

oh dear...after reading the posts im getting a bit worried coz according to the scan, the measurement is 1.23cm bt theres no heartbeat yet!!! gynae didnt tell me anythg tho,just tt i have to rest n go back to her next week. k..feeling a teeny bit panicky.

Belle,
you've got mail!!!
469985.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dashing</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peachy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBChew</TD><TD>4-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Ger</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LBB</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sylingko</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jkids</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SusanaLow</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fluffy</td></tr></table>

hi belle, if your spotting persists, pls see yr gynae soon!!!!! take care yeah!

i cant imagine going to work with the nausea feeling tmr!! urgh!!! in fact, i stock up a lot of milk, milo and biscuit to bring to office tmr so that i cansnack in between to pacify the evil gastric juice!

hey peachy,
maybe thats the sac size, bb maybe still small so hb will be detected later.
Hi edde,
me too, the thought of going back to office...i managed to eat 2 slices of bread with goober peanut butter today, after taking anti-ms pill in the morning, the only thing that tastes good to me so far, can't drink milk or milo, very sad, im so afraid tat i will faint one day.

dear all

i just encoutered something scary!!

i have been suffering from gastritis and slight stomach flu since wed. so just now, i went to the doc again as i have finished my med.

my reg doc was not on duty today, so i saw another doc.

he prescribed Domperidone, Medocalum, and Dhasedyl Syrup. i din trust him though i told him abt my preg. so, i asked my brother who is a pharmacy grad. to my atonishment, he said these med are to be avoided! my husband called raffles hospital to reconfirm and he got the same reply! my husband was so angry that he called the doc but the doc still claimed that the med are safe.

i am going back to my reg doc tmr.. dun dare to touch the newly prescribed med..

so ladies, beware of such cases. dun trust watever med yr GP gives u, better to reconfirm with yr gynae and seek a second opinion.

hope this message serves as a good reminder to all.

Hi edde, woah, that's a close shave! How can that doc be so irresponsible. If it was me, I would definitely kick up a big fuss and demand a full explanation from that Doctor!! If it's not satisfactory, then maybe even complain to Singapore Medical Council. It's not that we want to make life difficult for that Doc, but what if something bad really happened?? And what if he precribed the same med to other pregnant ladies. This is so bad!!

Sorry if I seemed to be getting heated up. But I can't stand the idea of such irresponsible doctors around. As pregnant ladies, we have so many concerns and worries on our minds already.. and we definitely don't need to add such irresponsible doctors to our list of worries.

Hi belle,
Everything will be fine and I'm sure your mum will be most delighted to know abt your pregnancy news!
happy.gif

For me, I am just like a Merlion yesterday. Has been vomiting the whole day and oh mine! watever comes in and goes out man! Wonder if the bbq pork helps coz i start vomiting when i stop eating bbq pork...well, i'm going to get some today and see again. I took the anti-ms pill, but still cant seems to stop it...wonder how long must i endure....haiz! Oh ya, thanks BBChew for posting all these informative info...

hi posh, thanks for teaching me
happy.gif

today is mon...had to drag myself to work today. today didnt wear bra because cannot fit! so got to go and buy extension today. does anyone know how much is it ?

edde, if i were u i will complain and get refund at least.

Pinky, at least u found something u like to eat. so far for me, meals have been a terrible problem. My hubby is also quite frustrated liao....

Peachy, try asking your gynae why. I think we paid for their services so don be shy to ask questions.

doggy, yeah u should try bbq and let us know whether it work for u. maybe i will go and buy some.

Hey belle
maybe my anti-ms pill work, forgot to try bbq pork over weekend..hiaz...
btw is it normal to have a little sticky transparant cervical discharge?

Hi belle, me too. in the car on the way to work, i was alr counting down to the no. of hours left... sigh.

if your bra is tight, bra extensions are fine (for the moment). but if the cup doesnt fit anymore and gets uncomfortable, shld get new ones uh. for me, abt 3 weeks back, i removed all the (small pieces of) push-up padding in my triumph bras so it'll last maybe another mth or two. over the weekend i tried getting bra extensions at Women's Secret (they used to sell!) but the lady said all the outlets ran out and the stock has not come in yet. so you might wanna try the major department stores. let me know too if you find them, can? :>

hi belle,
bra extension cost less than $3...go get it or change to a new bra then! cant be dun wear to work....maybe too sexy for those man....hehe
happy.gif

re: discharge
heard its normal to have it but if its alot, understand this could be some infection, do check it out with your gynae...

re: morning sickness (all day for me!
sad.gif
)
me gonna go vomiting after this post again...haiz...

Dear All,
I will be in 7 weeks this Friday and be going to see my gynae to listen to baby's heartbeat. Hopefully I can carry this baby to full term as the thought of losing it again will really breaks my heart.

If all is successful, my EDD will be on 17/3/07 by Dr Chia at Mt E.

hi veryberry, i tot can try those mother care ? For me i wish i can help you find out...i am not in singapore, working in HK
sad.gif
so sad case right i cannot get to eat all the good and nutrious singapore food. The air in HK so polluted some more. and i still have not managed to find a good gynae here. am coming back singapore to look for Caroline Khi from TMC for checkup.

doggy, ha ha...my breasts not so big lah. can still hear under the double-layer blouse. i told my hubby said i am not wearing bra today he said cannot, can see the nipples. but i said don care else i will vomit.

haha belle, i think if i dun wear bra, my hb sure wont let me out....haha! u so funny...i guess mine will be bounchy if i dun wear bra....coz me already C cup before pregnant...now pregnant, worst. Will need to get new bras too! I heard we shoudl be waering wired bra, is that so? Do u know?

hey belle
so fast buy extension already...i dun think i need it so soon coz i should be losing weight.
Hey doggy mar_bride
i bought mint sweet, it works leh..
Hey pinkdaisy
congrats!

doggy,
Wah u already cup C before preg. so envious.

i dunno whether we should wear wired bra. last time Mrs Wong said we shouldnt because the wire will restrict the growth of milk ducts or something like that. i think best not to wear. but i like to go strapless so got to wear wired bra. but maybe if my breasts can grow big enuff then i got to wear strap. then i'll go without wire. in the meantime my small breasts is still ok without strap to support
happy.gif

pinky, although i am not eating, but my bra feel very tight and i still got tummy. aiyo i look gross with pimples on my face too..

Hi Pinky, what mint sweet did u buy? me eat sweets hor, will also vomit one. Have not found anything to stop it yet...haiz! Let me know and I will try. I tried mint tea but no use!

Hi belle,
no need to envy lah...its a "liability" man...now pregnant already breathless, need to "carry" that big boobs...aiyo

HI ..I AM NEW THERE TOOO....
can i knw is there anything wrong if i dun vomit ?
i in my 6th weeks plus this cuming friday i will be going for my checkup agn ....
btww ... my back is achingg tooo anyone feels tat way too ??
care to share ....

paulyn, welcome!

i was like u, didnt have the nausea feeling in week 5, then i was wondering whether seomthing wrong with me. then suddenly week 6 i started feeling the symptoms and now i am vomitting and having diarrhea too. and no appetite so little food intake. aiyo so cham leh. So if u don have count your blessings.

i pantang liao, don want to say whether i got other symptoms wait don have say until have.

belle,
follow the instructions here:

You can paste in tables from tab-delimited spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel. To paste a table, do the following:

* Open your spreadsheet using Excel.
* Select the range that you wish to paste as a table using Excel.
* Choose Edit and then Copy.
* Bring up your WWW browser.
* Enter an "empty" table tag (such as <table border=1><tr><td> </td></tr></table> or <table><tr><td> </td></tr></table>) in your message. Do not put in any Table Items at this time.
* Click the mouse between the curly braces in that tag.
* Select Edit and then Paste.

hope u can get it tis time round
happy.gif

Back