1) YT gets upset over little things e.g.
- She likes to press out the soap and slather it all over her arms. The tap in school is those press button type and when teacher offers to help her wash off the excess soap, she insists on doing it herself and get upset if teacher helps.
(strategy: I told the teacher to pre-empt her. Give her something she can do herself and do the other thing for her right from start. e.g. Tell her before the handwashing that she will press the soap out while teacher will press the water)
- FIL came to fetch her instead of me and she rolls on the floor and bawls. (I din tell the teacher this, but FIL had started bringing sweets to school in the event that she acts up.)
- She refused to de-constructs whatever she has built and wanted to put them on the shelves but can't reach the shelves, yet insist on doing it herself.
- She likes to take off her shoes in class. (that is after, one day, she wets her shoes during water play and teacher allows her to walk around shoeless.) (strategy: Teacher ask me to pack extra pair of shoes on days of water play, I think she can just bring her crocs everyday, that is quite light.)
2)YT have some problems with certain social behaviour
- She is constructing something, other children want come to join her play. She gets upset and shoos them away because she complained that they will mess up her stuffs.
- When she is upset and other children want to sayang her, she din understand and shoos them away saying, "不要,不要"
I know she can be loud and rude sometimes. So I'm going to buy some children books on manners and then read and talk to her about it. She does understand the expected behaviour and can listen to reasoning but hor, she's the type, the moment she gets excited, upset, everything flys out the window and she will act up again. Anyway, according to teacher, whatever tantrum she throws, it will be short. But of course, from before she's already like that. Even if she bawls from falling down, it can be stopped very fast. Anyway, the teacher suspected that she had bad temper because she doesn't have enough sleep sometimes and also when she is suffering from the frustrations of attempting something that she can't really do yet. The 'doesn't have enough sleep' could be true because sometimes she just couldn't sleep early especially when she naps too long in the day. I think really have to make sure she doesn't nap more than 2 hours. In any case, I also warned the teacher that YT is a SUPERB actress. She can carry out the "I'm tired" and "I'm urgent" acts very well.
Teacher is going to lend me a book to read on Monday. I dunno, somehow I feel that she is the one who needs to revise it.
