(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

bunnie: ok.. email me faster.. pm takes super long time.. chen_yuyan @ yahoo.com

AA: how come termperment is total x-factor? dun understand.. elaborate?
 


Yvonne,
don't bother to get 2 sets of everything for them, they will still fight for the same piece of item. :p

I get same pyjamas, same water bottles, same cutleries, same toys, same high chairs & etc ... and they still fight.
sad.gif
 
Astro: Yah lor.. It came back earlier than when it was with Anna.. But good thing it came back.. Hahahah... No need to waste money on pregnancy kits.. I think it's mind over body leh.. Cos I was thinking and maybe
"subconsciously" wishing for it to come to rule out that I'm pregnant.

Bunny: I think a lot depends on the age gap too.. And it's actually not uncommon for the youngest one to be the most aggressive - all part of survival instincts, I feel.
 
yvonne: ha.. bel.. will purposely fall in front of u?? hahaha.. so cute..
actually apart from teng's notti with food now. i am actually enjoying his terrible 2s.. ha i sound sadistic for saying so lah. but like all of a sudden this boy got a life liao..

now if he doesn't want to be carried. he will struggle.. and then coz of his weight.. we will be like trying not to let him fall. then his whole body become horizontal liao with him kicking away demanding to walk.. in supermarkets (coz he likes to jalan supermarkets and disturb things).. and i actually find that .. CUTE :p:p
 
Yvonne, Autum
ya, ya, those tantrums that Bel threw are like what Reyes did that time. But after they can communicate better liao, they'll stop these tantrums.
 
AA
Kira hates it too when I wash her hair. Today I tried very rinsing the soap starting from the back of her head and she was okay.

Kaexin when will be the next crocs order again?
 
Astro: Hmm.. I mean, temperament is in the DNA mah, so it's beyond our influence.

RR: Your case is different, cos they are the same age (size), and G and B. If 2 girls, and different age, 2 sets of clothing is quite clear-cut. This is jiejie's and that is meimei's.

Bunny: Of course top priority is the health and overall well-bring of the baby. Gender is a far #2.
 
Astro: It's really weird.. Anna now wants to be carried and sits in the stroller. And why? I think a large part is becos didi is being carried and sits in the stroller.
Copycat behavior.

Autum, Yvonne: Yah, Anna will also ask for biscuit just after her unfinished meal. If I don't give it to her, she will cry.

RR: But this is not considered T2 mah, cos the problem is not in the child being unable to express what she wants.
 
Evelyn: At least Kira listens to you when you try to do it from the back.. Tom I must wake up super early and see how my maid does it. How come Anna screams and cries every morning.. :p
 
A & A : actually i think the kids temperament is "inherited"? cuz V have some of my traits (the independence/ stubbornes) and some of my hubby traits (pick up after falling down without crying) but along the way, how we nuture them also plays a part. I'm just thankful she got the "better" of our traits for now, so it's easier to deal with her. Also, cuz I am 10X more stubborn than her, she cannot win me. so if we fight, I win :p the other day she threw a tantrum after I disciplined her, she was wailing all the way to the room. I locked us in (cuz confirmed the oldies want to interfere) and then i let her cry it out. I just look away from her until she more or less calm down. then i asked her calmly, you OK? then she said "hug hug" my heart almost melted, but she was ok after that. I very evil when I set the 3 Nos rule. the 3rd No, comes the pointer, then comes the smacking on the butt. so she knows when to stop mostly.
 
AA,
oh, cos Yvonne was asking "How ah? Everything must buy 2set? So both wont fight." That's why I told her even if buy everything in 2 sets, they'll still fight over the same piece of item.
happy.gif
 
astro: i find it a bit different, cuz confirm got music class every week. it's more of GUG combined with kindermusik which i like. got story telling, a bit of the alphabets, and then they get to eat snacks together. everyone same snacks cuz provided by her. and they get a choice of water or apple juice, which i find encourages the kids to be more vocal and express themselves. Ya, I think cheaper too :p u can see the fees.
 
RR: agreed hahaha cuz even same design, will fight over the color. even same color same everything, will also fight over something. Me and my sis only 1 year difference, so we are the "hei bai shuang mo" "twins" and we will fight over everything lor :p
 
Bunny: I'm like you. Maybe worse. I lock her up alone in her room for her to CIO. Maybe cos we stay on our own so I don't have to be afraid of interference. And I can continue to do my SB, sort out spree items etc while thinking if she'll hurt herself climbing here and there, or falling out of the window etc etc..

I think temperament is inherited too.. So I hope they'll both be like papa.. The jury is still out at large..
 
teng also wants biscuit.. all day long! tummy round liao.. my mum see liao also scared! he still goes.. biscuit biscuit! eat eat eat!
this boy is very insistent over food.. and jalan..

my mum is straining to carry teng.. haiz.. dunnohow to help her lah.. always give in to teng.. go out onli.. atthe 'command' of teng.. she carries him.. haiz.. i dun see this problem as often when i go with teng or teng goes with us.. haiz.. dunno how to help my mum liao lor..

AA: ha.. i dunno about anna. i always attribute it to teng being lazy and fat..
hmm temperament can be influenced.. no? nature vs nurture issue again..

hmm.. ok. today. what i find is acceptable.. my mum dun..
teng was notti during meal time.. threw the whole bowl of food on the floor.. ellie was angry.. and went quiet.. looked at teng.. teng knows ellie angry liao. called her many times .. ellie ignores teng.. and teng of course whines to get his favouraite's person attention la..
then my mum buay song ellie doing this.. said she shouldn't ignore teng.. then my mum of all times.. wants to bring teng out to appease his crying.. then ellie said sternly to my mum.. not to co she wants to feed teng coz she whipped up something else liao..
my mum pissed up.. smsed my sister to tell me..
and i am like.. if it was me, i whack teng liao!! and why must she bring teng out to appease him when it was teng who was notti?
haiz. dunno lah. she keeps doing all these.. and if i try to rationalise with her that teng needs to be disciplined liao. she says i side ellie.. gosh.. haiz.
 
RR: I know what you mean. That's why I told Yvonne need to have 2 sets of the same thing - design, color etc, and becos of size difference, they won't fight cos the clothing is the same, just different in size mah..

Evelyn: Precisely. She dislikes having water on her face.. But they've taught her to tilt her head backwards while they rinse her hair of shampoo but she simply doesn't want to cooperate. So she ends up getting more water on her face.
 
gosh. think i should be fighting to get back some control over teng.. but my mum always give me the black face. unless i send her home.. aiya.. sorry. whining again.. argh.

bunnie: ya. cheaper.. might be interested in a trial class one day
happy.gif
night
 
i also going to sleep. Coughing like mad. Guess sam cannot sleep well tonight already. Once cough, she jump up from the bed. Lol! I mean her body jerk up. Haha! Den start searching something to grab.

Rr, bunnie,
true! Wad u said is happening now. They are fighting over the 'thing'. It does not matter how many u got.
sad.gif
headache. Really need to teach the sharing part well. If not, everyday i see cat fight.
 
Astro, AA

agree, abit nature but nurturing plays a big role too. Kira has my temper. She likes to throw her tantrum too. My hb and I will just take her and put her in her bed and close the door like AA. Nowadays whenever she throws her tantrum, I'll ask her, do you wanna go to bed? she will say no and calm down, otherwise I'll get up and pretend to want to pick her up, she will quickly say, sorry sorry! And then I'll praise her being a good girl. This happens a few times a day:-(((
 
AA,
hmmm, this is getting abit difficult to explain. I considered that as T2 behaviour cos there isn't any room for "communicating". At T2, Reyes would ask for food right after her meals and if we don't give, she'll cry and throw herself on the floor and won't listen to us at all. But after that stage, she won't cry when I tell her no. Of cos not just "no" alone. I'll tell her stomach is too full for extra food or no more food, Mummy will buy tomorrow. I know that she understands cos she'll tell Reyden "no food, tummy full full" or "No more, Mummy buy." if Reyden starts asking for food as well.
 
yvonne,
wah.. sounds quite jialat what Bel did.

Irin, Yvonne, AA,
ok, my conclusion of T2 is throwing tantrum for no reason. While normal tantrum is throwing tantrum when they don't get what they want or dislike something. Say hair-washing is considered normal tantrum.. whereas if straight after dinner, still want to have food and go round hitting people for no reason.. that is considered T2.

heh heh.. can be classified like that??
 
autum: alamak. i am getting confuse dliao.. with the definitions of t2! :p

evelyn: nice! hhaha.i would love to try that one day.. i think teng will cry the whole house down if i do this. then my mum will probably disown me :p
 
yvonne,
u mean Bel and Sam fight over the same thing? but Sam so small now, will know how to fight?

Irin,
does RR fight over the same thing?
 
yvonne: remember last time.. i told u bel can glare? u say learn from u one ! and now i realise.. how come teng has the sinister kind of laughter.. coz learn from me! coz i just realised.. i laugh like that to him. ! hahahahha.. or rather.. heh heh heh heh heh *sinisterly* :p:p
 
autum, thats y every now and den i keep screaming at bel till she starting to reject me. Soon, she don wan me anymore.
sad.gif
and with inlaw around, worst! No room for teaching my kids.
 
AA,
ya, clothes then they can't fight cos different sizes but if it's 2 exactly the same thing, they'll still fight. Just like what Yvonne mentioned "it does not matter how many you got". haha!!

Yvonne,
talking about sharing, I really don't know how to teach. Like when Reyden takes a set of something, I'll ask him to share some of it with Reyes. Then when he wants something that Reyes is playing with, he'll tell her "share" and just take it away from her. He sees "share" as a way of snatching Reyes' things.
 
autum, sam can fight with her cry lor. Lol! U see sam reaching her hands out for the teether(got 2), when bel snatch away. Den bel still swing the teether infront of her to make her more angry.
sad.gif
 
Astro,
don't match meh? i thot Irin say Reyes behave like Bel, and my conclusion is based on Bel's behaviour (of wanting food after dinner and hitting people for no reason).
 
rr, oh, bel can understand share. But don apply this method to sam. Wierd. When i wan something from bel, i said share with mama, she will give me. But when i say share with mei mei, she said no, take away and walk away.
sad.gif
 
Yvonne,
haha.. Bel like naughty hor.. just want to tease mei-mei. hmm... so far EJ never do this kind of thing to EV.. so I don't know. Actually I feel he is kind of detached from mei-mei. He just knows there is a mei-mei and he will play with her sometimes.. but mostly he is not bothered by her or bothered with her. :p
 
YY,
haha, then if one day I take something from him to "share" with mei mei, he'll tell me, "cannot snatch!". :p
 
Astro

you are so witty! My mum hates it when I let Kira cries. She always says that, 'you cannot let baby cry one, not good for her!'
 
astro, she got the hao lan character from nick, and also timid from me. Of cos when i scream at her, she will jump up also. Haha. But, scream till immune already, now no use already. I must take mic to scream now. Lol! Turn the volume louder, so no need to scream till no voice.
 
Autum,
it's not so much of the things they want to do, it's more of the behaviour. If by talking and explaining, you can stop the tantrums then it's most likely not T2.
 
rr, astro, now bel even worst. There is one day i fetch her back from sch. She very good gal. So i said hi five! With my palm out to let her hi five with me. U know wad reply i got? Hi bye. Alamak! My face straight away turn blank!
 
just to share this funny T2 story from hubby's friend.. ok la, it's probably not funny at all for the friend..

She told us that when her boy went thru T2, he insist on brushing his teeth, standing on the dining chair and insist on spitting out the stuff onto the dining table. When they pull him away, he just scream and yell all the way!
 
mummies

Kira said to me today, 'stopit' when I tried to tickle her. She got that from me cos I love to say that to her. Then I realised that they imitate everything we do. I've tried not to yell at her, very hard cos at times I want to strangle her. A friend of mine told me last week that her son used to throw alot of tantrum until she implement 'timeout' whenever this happens. She will make her son stand in a corner even when they're outside. Now he's the bext boy ever!
 


autum, yes, for t2, is when how u scold or talk properly to the kid, they wont listen. Like transparent like that. Or, 1 ear in, another ear out. Thats wad i feel la. So, i also must train myself to be transparent infront of her, how she fuss or fall on the floor, cannot react. Unless serious injury den no choice la. But with #2 around. Very difficult, she may think i care for sam more. Aiya, very difficult to handle.
 

Back
Top