(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Star: Oh no.. Understand abt the self-blame part. But don't lah, it's not your fault, ok? Sayang Rae.. Try to give her ice cream? Will she want it?

RR: Yah man.. You described it so well.. A few times was so angry I felt like spanking her when she's notti. It's really a test of patience.. You mean T2 is over so soon? I think it's still on-going leh.. They have moods lah, some days better than others. And I think girls are more whiny than boys. :p

Yvonne: I think got to wear condoms. No side effects for BF mothers..

CK, RR: I think the kids are afraid becos in their imagination, the cartoon characters are quite small, they didn't expect them to turn out bigger than them - that's why they're scared lor..
 


kaexin,
Not bad, got individual progress report monthy or bimonthly?
Esther's cc individual progress report is half yearly. Every month got 2 newsletter, one from principal, another from classt teacher.

Pax,
How is M coping in cc?
 
huingee,
seems to be monthly. since she miss the first week of march, skip the circle artwork and the pictures taken and put on the school noticeboard.
btw, ask you esther CC got spring cleaning or not ?
coz on the 16th the school is closed leh. saw the notice this mroning.
 
bbmarch/mejo/michelle,
Elisha time we try for natural, induction and pain for 14hr then go for emergency c cos my pelvic too small for her head, she had a big head.
sad.gif
This time I told gynae to measure bb head nearer to date if similar to Elisha’s I will go for c but if it smaller I will try natural but he dun advice.
sad.gif


edde,
I dun really like ikea furniture cos I feel their’s is not so durable, I told hb next time I will make movable furniture instead of fix on, but after see joelle house really fall in love, especially white furniture.

Mejo,
Where your SIL stay? Mind at Yishun, delivery either TMC or Mt A. let me know if your sis interested. Very patient guy. The most imp charge quiet cheap ;P
 
huingee,
i see. so next monday she doesnt have shoes. but only for 1 day. :p
and her CC arranging for the bear goes camping, $25 including a snack.
 
Oh ya mummies,talk abt T2, how long will it last?
Not sure am I going thru it with Elisha, she is really horrible now, keep cry and cry, sometime when we outside she even lay on the floor and cry for something.
 
AA,
2 of april mummies kids are in montessori but at JE.
bunnie's van started CC already, this week she is staying whole day. very impressed with Van, still no crying from her!
 
keaxin,
Good, let her go to The bear goes camping with the school. It's good to let them go outing.
Haha, i nearly want to ask you thot K has lots of shoes. It's sch instead of shoes hor.
 
huingee,
paiseh. wahahahhaha.. coz i was onmsn with another mummy on the subject of shoes! kekeke...
but dun think going to let her go to that one coz 1 of april mummy already brot her gal, less than 30mins lost interest, too wordy according to her.
 
kaexin,
I don't have any newsletter leh. But I gotten their works for the whole of Jan and Feb, think going to throw them away when we pack the house, no place for everything leh. I wish they just return us the nice ones. :p

Oh ya, their theme for Mar is also My Family, thinks all the branches are the same. They have a Family Day on the 27th Mar, got events for the parents to join as well.
happy.gif


Huingee,
ya, it's after the HFMD. There's a fear in me when I see/hear kids not eating or drinking. I'll just feel like crying.

AA,
T2 stage will usually be over once the kid can communicate better. Cos T2 is the stage where their thinking develop faster than their speech and they get frustrated when they can't get their messages across to the adults.
I noticed Reyes don't cry or fuss as much nowadays liao. She will tell us when she gets angry, impatient, scared or etc ... So I deemed it as T2 is over for her lor.
happy.gif
 
huingee : its $45.. nice hor.. siao liao.. i dun really like barney.. and now i am beginning to like it becos of my ger.. hahahaa.. i told her when she dun wan to come out from the bathtub.. i turn on the vcd and tell her " barney waiting for u outside.. u still dun wan to come out" hahaha.. den she rush out.. hahaha!
 
RR/huingee
thanks
she din eat much during the trip
oni interested in zzz and drinking water
she eats anything we eat: fish/meat ball, fried chicken cutlet, nuggets, fries... imagine all these yummy food she also not keen
lucky she's now with my mil
let her feed
cos YE associates mil with feeding
she will eat when mil is around

michelle
ic. thanks. this crocs really no yuan2 fen4 with me. always OOS one. and with the alternatives i provide, it's as good as ordering four times and four times also OOS
sad.gif
 
BB: no I am not buying any bags from CP.. wanna save money this time. u eyeing a bag?

Joelle: Ya lor. cos she fell in my presence and bled soo much. i scared lah and guilty too.

SQ: welcome back. how was taiwan.. YE likes? u all enjoyed?
I wanted to buy a tricyle for rae, so we were trying a few of the tricyle and buggy rides. She wanted to get onto one of the buggy cars and she was facing backward while trying trying to mount. She pushed the handle at the back trying to get support, lost her balance, fell together with the car and hit the floor face down. I had a shock cos she flat on the floor when we picked her up and she cried till no voice kind..after that started massive bleeding liao.. so scary.. she cut her upper and lower lips lah.


HJ: my gf, had a emergency c-sect for 1st one..(cos she was running a fever) but she successfully had naural birth (VBAC) for her #2 and #3. no issue at all but both #1 and #2 super long labour lah. She went to PT for her 2nd birth cos he is well know for VBAC cases.

Mejo: what happened for YT case, why u kena emeregecy c-sect har? something happened last min?
 
kaexin,
you have the Calendar of Events? or maybe there's no Family Day and they go somewhere else in Mar?
 
star
dun keep thinking about it
i know what you mean by feeling guilty
when we were in taiwan, we were boarding a bus and then as i was going up, YE's head hit against the side of the bus (there was a rail for the old folks i think, so it protrudes out)
she wailed, and the bus driver and passengers on the bus all exclaimed: "aiya. xiao3 xin1"
i feel like such a stupid woman

and i also remember when she was a NB, the lift door slammed her head. stupid lift. open halfway then start to close, who would expect right. but i remember it till now. my hubby says that "lucky" he's not the one holding her at that time, else he sure ganna hell from me

i think we are both same pattern. we feel responsible when they get hurt under our charge. but bo bian sometimes. *heartpain x infinity*
 
kaexin / RR : T's Cc asked for our family pic and paste it on the board.. so paiseh.. when i walk in the sch.. haha.. - that's their "family" topic for the month.. got sis and bros too..
 
star
we all enjoyed.
though i came back VERY tired and KO on the flight
for the first time in their lives, hubby handled YE solo and she zzz in his arms.
i was v amazed
but i couldn't care less cos i was so tired i thot i was falling sick

YE has travelled 4/5 times till now but this is the most tiring trip for me! guess cos she's older liao, so more jialat in terms of energy
 
RR: Initially I thot T2 was due to a lacking in language skills. Now I think it's becos at this age, they're very self-centred and egoistic, won't take "no" for an answer, be it expressed or otherwise from people around them. When they don't get what they want, they throw tantrums lor..
I think you're lucky with Reyes.

Star: Your description of the fall sounds very scary.. Poor Rae..

Huingee: There's one just down the hill from my new place. Haha.. But I called them up and they say will only take in students earliest when they are 2.5 yrs old. My question is really abt the vertical learning part as they have students from 3 yrs to 6yrs. I mean, how does the 3yr-old learn the same math as the 6 yr old?? Well... actually I'm refuting my own theory that babies can learn math frm birth! Haha..
 
RR/nana,
ya, i saw that at the noticeboard this morning while waiting for the lift. coz i am the one who drops her off in the morning. then very rush, coz i want to exit in 10mins, other stopid carpark charged me $1.20. like this morning, left at 10mins, paid $1.20!!!!
 
AA
haven't tok to you for so long liao
you mean the 3-6 yrs old in the same class meh?
if not, then can right?
how's anna progressing with her shicida?
so fast hor, she's been attending classes for so long liao!
happy.gif


star
kids pa2 gao1 pa2 di1 sure will fall wan. inevitable
sad.gif
 
star,
that is what happen issit?? this is the 2nf case i heard liao. caicai's boy also the same, fell whiule trying the bicycle
 
AA,
this was what I gotten from online.

"The Terrible Twos are often characterized by oppositional behavior, mood changes, and temper tantrums. "No" becomes a favorite word. All are considered normal parts of child development, say the authors of "What to Expect: The Toddler Years." This is in part due to the fact that a toddler's ability to communicate hasn't caught up with his desire to communicate, hence his frustration and challenging behavior.
Like other childhood phases, the age range is fluid. The Terrible Twos can begin shortly after your child's first birthday or not until they are closer to age 3."
 
SQ: Yah boy.. It's been sometime since we're both online at the same time.. Erm.. Think she's doing ok with shichida. Me, on the other hand, am getting really bored attending it with her.. *super big and loud yawn*
Yah, I didn't know Montessori has this vertical teaching thingie.. So all the students, regardless of age, are in the same class!
 
star,
keira also have accidents, then the parent who is watching always feel guilty one.
but since it happen, no mind feelin guilty over it liao. take precautions nia, next time
 
RR: I read that too.. In fact, I journalled it in one of my LOs with a pic of her throwing tantrums. But it doesn't apply to Anna anymore cos she can express herself loud and clear. She throws tantrums when her wants are not met.
 
AA,
think tantrums and T2 are quite different cos I experience both with RR. Reyden isn't going thru T2 but he throws tantrums very often and he won't take "no" for an answer. He'll only stop after we raise our voices or put him at a naughty corner. I think this is in his character.

Reyes was also throwing tantrums when she was going thru the T2 phase. But the tantrums will usually go away when she managed to make us understand what she wants. Raising voices won't help in these situations cos she got even more frustrated. We just had to keep asking and figure out what she wants that time.

Maybe I understand this T2 in a different way lah, just my own observations.
happy.gif
 
wa AA
sounds cheam
but maybe that's good wor
cos the older kids model for the younger
then the younger learn from the older (i mean, not just maths itself lah)
maybe can try out for a while...

shicida boring for adults? hee hee... i enjoy attending YE's classes. maybe cos it's different structure bah
 
this T2 and tantrums getting me confused
but YE is definitely getting naughtier cos she understands and can articulate what she wants. she's like anna, she will throw tantrums when her daddy or grandparents doesn't yield to her.

with me, she usu won't dare to try
 
RR: I understand the difference between the 2 types you're describing. I just thought tantrums are T2 too.. :p
Do you always give Reyes what she wants when she tells you? Well.. I don't give in to Anna all the time. So she throws her tantrums..
Oh well.. Hopefully tantrums go away when she's going on 3.
 
SQ: I use math as an example. Somehow I feel languages can be learned in a vertical teaching environment (for the younger students) with less difficulty than math. Don't you agree?
Yah, maybe the class structure is different, plus there're quite a few of you attending the same class so it can be like a gathering of sorts. For my class, #1, there are only 5 other parents; #2 we don't know each other that well to hold beyond small talk conversation.
 
AA
i'm so kpo
i enjoy my kindermusik though i'm the "only" one there, cos i enjoy talking to the teacher and mummies.

for GUG, i enjoyed it too before the other mummies come along. now it's a different kind of fun cos we know each other better, so we go beyond the small talk. the danger though is that we might not make as many new friends. like in our GUG class, it's quite obvious the distinction between the march and non-march gang. haha...
 
AA
i also feel that speaking wise, languages may be easier to pick up (than maths). but i hate to think of how to teach the grammar and stuff. oh oh...

i pray that my fil will be still strong and steady until YE finishes her mandarin education. else sure cham. then my hubby will have to take care of the rest. at most i will do some maths cos it's my favourite topic. but that's all. cos i suspect YE will ganna whacking if i have to be the one who teaches her. so better not. haha
 
Mejo: i think ur fetal distress must be quite serious leh.. cos i also kena fetal distress, the nurses all came in and they were very calm,i was sleeping then, didn;t know they also activated my gynae so quickly..cos he came with messy hair and really causal T0shirt.. i could not recognise him when he came. Initially I also tot it was not serious cos they were still os clam when they talk to me and ask me to lie on my side. But after that, then i learn that its very serious cos bb not getting enuff oxygen. They had to stap me all up with oxygen mask but the nurse and Dr Chong was so calm and he ask me to quickly push the bb out cos its faster if i push out then to go for e c-sect lah.
I think PT no pro episetomy leh.. u want a gynae pro episetomy?

Michelle/Irin/Huignee: ya she starting drinking her FM from her silicon straw cup.. cos the straw is soft can put in her mouth. i ask MIl to let her self feed with fingers instead of using spoon, cos she can control what she wants ti put in mouth, painful if using a spoon.. so fingers better.

RR: ya i think T2 won;t end so soon leh.

AA/RR: my colleague was just telling me, T2 ended for him but now its T3!! wha..!!

HJ: my natural was also almost a hit and miss.. cos my pelvic opening is very small and narrow so rae's head exactly fit, if her head any bigger, i gotta e-csect liao.. My gynae and i monitoring so closely every month/week. every visit, we must measure head cir and discuss one.. i was so scared cos i really wanted a natural birth and i told my doc and tell him to help me...in the end i was lucky lah.
 
SQ,
Dylan also didn't eat much when we were in Perth. Nanny said he slim down till no fresh at the butt. Nevermind, they will gain weight very fast. Also the trip is not long too long so nevermind lah.

AA,
I also enjoyed attend lessons with Esther last time. Also very familar with the parents, yak till we forgot about the kids. :p
Montessori learning i not sure leh. It's normally much more ex than others.
 
Michelle: what happened to cai cai's boy, bled too? what happened? bicycle?, for my case, it was those plastic buggy cars, lucky no sharp metal parts, if not, sure cut her face, aiyo so scary when i try and imagine.

SQ: where got march and non march gang, i very friendly i tok to the other mummies.. u also lah, u tok to ajax's mum right. there is a new girl in our class... clarise i think.. she i smuch taller and bigger than our girls and she is born in march. every one auto calls rae "mei4 mei4" cos she is so small size but they surprised when they learn that she is the Jie Jie instead!!
 
SQ: Yah.. If there's company, am sure it'll be much more interesting for the parents to attend with the kids. And you know what? For shichida, regardless of how old the kid is, oneparent has to sit in.. :p
Last week, I brought Ayden there. Am wondering when we should start him also.

Star: Oh no.. What is T3??
 
star
i know ajax's mum before you all join me mah
haha... the other mummies did remark to me about the march gang wor. so i assume it's pretty obvious. haha.. doesn't bother me lah

i'm not so friendly sometimes, esp when YE is notti! then my black face will surface. ke ke..
 
AA,
no, I don't give her when she asks for sweets or things that she can't play with and I'll explain to her why I don't give it to her and she can understands.
And now most of the time when Reyden snatches things from her, she'll won't fuss or cry, she'll come and tell me instead. It was a total different story when she was going thru her T2 phase, she'll cry and scream for everything that we don't give her. That's how I see the difference.

Starfruit,
I read somewhere that it can be for as short as half a year or as long as 1-2yrs. Reyes started having T2 when she was about 18mths old so I guessed it could be over for her liao.
 


AA
tey allow Ayden to sit in though he's not paying?

QQ
are you here?
did you say mr lai is home this week?
lidat he will take care of your meals?
else you want me to dabao rice for you again?
the one i bought last time nice?
 

Back
Top