(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

giolyn: i will say tt i dun like little children who tell lies. also say tt i juz want to know, i wont scold him or anything

Astro
I can tell stories but nt nw. Will die trying to post on my htc. Is YH like Jo, sing n talk during bedtime till really buey tahan n KO?

Germ
I will expose the lie calmly n tell m or jo that they shldnt lie when we ask smthg of them. I also make a pt to tell them thay i wont scold them if they tell the truth, unless its smthg serious... eerrr, dun ask me to define serious. It really d/o circumstances

RR
hugs! poor u...can feel ur despair! maybe it's just monday blues for reyden since he had so much fun over the weekend. how abt giving him treats but telling him to wait till the afternoon snack time then eat? or threatening to leave him at home on weekends instead of on schooldays? in any case... i remember how u mentioned once u took off to spend time alone with reyden and how sweet and well behaved he was? maybe it's time for another of such outings?

BB, over stage liao. if it did not grow to long nose then he know is fake.
sad.gif

To me what Clyde did is plain laziness and use lies to hide.

Autum,
think that will backfire ... I ever hugged him after smacking him but it made me angrier cos he refused to let me hug him! :S

Joelle,
I actually thought of taking urgent leave this morning to spend the day with him but I was already on leave last Fri liao.

And ya, on this, I felt lousy partly cos I need to go to work. I feel bad that he has to "suffer" all these and I can't spend time with him alone cos of my decision (to go back to the workforce).
sad.gif

irin : u made me cry too.. can understand how u feel.. when Tiffany refuses to get up.. such things happen too.but haven to the extend leave her at home..

i realise our kids these days. they know wat is temper!!!

germ, it works on bian cos he doesnt want to look so ugly wif a long nose. wahahah!! And the fact it works cos so far bian doesnt lie...just dat i use pinocchio to pre-warn him nvr to tell lies. so he is quite honest so far...

Germ
If the issue is nt gg to get himself "killed", i find no pt in harping on it (like nt lifting toilet seat). He jus simply wont do it no matter hw much u nag, so no pt. Washing hand i ll make an issue. We told matthew if he doesnt wash hands, the germs stay on his hands n he will get stomachache... most of the time, he will forget to wash, hv to remind him

Germ, agree. Think that s too young to reinforce now? Just do it for him when he goes toilet with him, tell him to watch that papa does it too, but no point punishing him for it now.

RR: I think a lot is due to today being Monday. Maybe next mon u prempt by offering sweets for early waking up and getting ready.. Give them some incentives..

Rr
Ur mum's response makes Me Laugh
Mayb We'l react lidat when we r grandparents too
N it's gd she's stil around n active to pass u the tips n tricks o being a mother

Astro: I think it might be earlier than that. Cos it was first 15 for girls and 18 for boys, then I hear 13 for girls and 15 for boys.. But they are maturing earlier and earlier these days, so erm.. It ll be sooner..

Irin,
Dun be sad, sometimes kids are like this.
I think he will be ok when you see him later.
Yesterday I also shouted at Esther till hb asked me to stop shouting. Must try to control myself.

Huingee,
I think only parents will get heart attacks and HBP.

SQ,
she didn't give me tips/tricks leh. She's adding oil to the fire.

RR: I feel Reyden is actually quite Dong Shi. tonight, u bring him to one corner and apologize to him. Say you re sorry for getting angry and hitting him. Then when u see he s soften down, explain to him why you get angry, cos they have to go svhool, and u hv to go to work and u can t be late or your boss will scold u etc etc.. Get him to understand this and tell him to help you get up and get ready faster. I think he ll do this..

RR, my colligs alys joke tat im trying to 耘酿 my voice @ work so tat i can go home and raise my pitch!HBP...yes yes agreed!!

germ, wad pax mentioned is true. If its just a white lie then dun bothered abt it too much. I guess u are jus worried tat it will becomes a habit. maybe find a time sit down wif Clyde and chit chat...find out y he wanna lies. Sometimes kid lies to avoid scolding and also to gain mummy and daddy's attention.

AAA,
yes, I tell them those things all the time. He understands that at any time except for the moment he needs to wake up.

I told him if I go to office late, will have to come back late too. He said ah ma or ah gong will fetch them, I don't have to come back early!!

SQ,
my mum too. She said I shouldn't scold him/cane him. Ya right ... :S

BBmar,
I feel like a siao charbor everyday.

I wonder how come women still have higher life expectancy than men with all these???

RR, he says ah gong and ah ma wil fetch him which means he is really v dong shi. He noes u need to work late..."indirectly telling u dun need to rush and fetch me". See how thoughtful Reyden is. Please dun think tat he doesnt love mummy...he loves u beary much!

SQ, BBmar,
ok, he's not wrong. So it's my fault that I told them a "wrong" lie.

But when I asked him since he don't need me to come back early, then I can just don't come back? He said ok!

whahaha.. SQ, your mum whacked u when u were a kid??

ok side track:
I was telling hb just now, I wonder if there is a 'title' for 10yrs marriage.. like there is Silver Anniversary, Diamond anniversary etc.. so for 10yrs, I was joking with him.. maybe it's called Copper Anniversary?? cos cheapest (lowest value) since only 10yrs.. then guess what my hb said.. he said, "huh, maybe it's called Plastic Anniversary." then i laughed.. and said, no lah.. plastic maybe for 5yrs???

:pPP

Cham ... why do I feel like a young gal that just had a quarrel with the bf? He left me so upset and wondering if he still loves me.

RR, yah hor u sound like a little gal upset with a boy who dun give u attention and dun listen to you. fedup that he dun give you a shoulder to cry one. hahahaha... this is call LOVE. i think if u tell Kent plainly he may even be jealous. hahaha

RR,
u know, when I read your Reyden stories (not the genius things, but the stubborn and refuse-to-budge things), I kept thinking to myself, I hope EVee is not like that!!! It's scary but EV display some of those.. sometimes we smack her until she also not pain.. she cries yes, but it's not because of pain.. it's because she is not getting what she wants.. and she will keep on crying/whining to get what she wants.. not because of the physical punishment.. even if I don't punish her, she just keeps at it!

Astro,
which reminds me of your boy-on airplane story. I told hb about it.. and he said, 4hrs is nothing. He was ever stuck on a plane (from South Africa) and the baby next to him (just NEXT) cried non-stop for 8 hours!! :p Then he said, EV may jolly well be like that boy who cried for 4hrs on the plane.. oh man!!!

SQ,
u make me laugh with your comments. gf with young bf! hahah.. funny!

Yes, 10yrs. You too right? I think quite a few mummies here, married for long time.

SQ!!! whichever lah, hahaha!!

Autum,
ya, and I remember how Reyden used to cry for nothing in the middle of the night, just like EV.
Both equally stubborn too.

The difference is probably, he cries and whines when he don't get his way but he don't cry at all when we scold or smack him. :S

SQ,
I like sardine curry puffs too! Haven't decide what to do.. but i guess big-eat again.. Hb said some Jap restaurant in MBS?? or something but I told him, don't want to spend so much on food..

Actually I haven't smacked EJ in a while (touch wood!).. EV is when she wakes up in the night and yao1 ba4 cha4.. until i bo-bian then i smack her thighs :p But i do try my best not to smack.. but i will still verbally threaten to smack la.. then they will behave! I must be such a monster-mummy to them. :S

like EVee, Gwyen does the same thing as well. I have nvr cane Clyde at her age. But gwyen ganna the balloon stick/ ruler a number of times but she still either dun cry or sob silently. Gwyen cry to get what she wants. which made me very mad. like we stay take turns to see their own particular show, very often i will make them negotiate with each other but Gwyen will cry to object the idea if she dun get what she want. see small small things like that which i dun wish to hear the cries. hb already give up on Gwyen.

Related topic.. Do your kids hit each other?
Typical scene with my kids below..

They're playing scissors, paper and stone.
Anna: Didi, show paper. (Cos she wants to show scissors and wants to win)
Didi has no reaction, continues to show stone.
Anna: *in higher volume* Didi, show paper.
Didi: No movement.
Anna: DIDI, SHOW PAPER. And biang! She hits ayden. And ayden hits back before proclaiming loudly that jiejie hits him. :p :p

Or, Ayden says papa is at home. Anna says he's at work.
Anna: At work.
Ayden: At home.
Anna: At work.
Ayden: HOME!!!! And biang! hits anna.. which will send anna crying and hitting him back. :p :p

Very trivial things are required to trigger a scene such as the above..

How? How? What do wise mums here say?

Autum/Bbmar!!!
So diff to find sardine curry puff lovers!
Most pple find it yucky!
Wahaha n it's somdiff to find sardine curry puffs wor
The OCK n A1 Nt nice de
Too watery I find

Aaa
No goodness! I dun hit
My parents beat n I dun feel we r Much btr off cos o tt

What do u do in those above situation?

Back