(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

mash: does J lift his tummy up from the floor when he is on tummy position?

Astro: hey i remember reading a post abt u bathing Teng. U bath him in the dining room? on the dining table?
 


Starfruit

How are you coping with the no cry solution? Did you manage to look at Elizabeth Pantley website or book?

I read somewhere today also that it helps at times at night to ignore the bb for a while if they wake up at 2am or so to want to drink. As long as they are not yelling, they might fall back to sleep on their own after a while. I tried that b4. If I'm sure that she can't be hungry cos, I've just fed her less than 4 hours ago then I'll just ignore her unless she yells loudly.

Pink pink

From what you said, Kira must be hyperactive. I have to catch her and push her down when I change her nappy. Sometimes, she tries to climb out of her tub when I bathe her. But now she bathes with daddy in the big bath tub, she can't crawl out anymore:) and she loves to play with the toys too.

Mash, Kira also doesn't like to sit on her chair, I always give her a pen or spoon or bread to keep her busy.

Astro, what problem do you have? Is everything okay?

QQ, I'm not back yet lah. I'm planning to come back in Jan to look for a flat and so on. Can we all meet up, mummies? CNY meeting???

Mummies,

I find it so hard to keep the same timing daily. Sometimes, she gets up later, sometimes earlier, nap also different, I try for a few days, okay and then different again. I talked to another mother here today at the pool and she said for her son, same age also like Kira. Timing changes constantly and she said she doesn't want to implement strict schedule on him so young and no stress for her too. I'm kinda happy to hear that. I make myself more crazy when I try to force some kind of routine in her. I'm only trying right now to have a fix bed time daily which is 7.30pm at the moment.

Books and toys

I find books to be useful for bbs even now, although Kira loves to put them in her mouth, she always smiles and come to me when I say 'book' and she'll come to feel the fur on the book from different animals like cats, dogs, chicks, lamb and a blanket from a little girl sleeping. I've chosen another book with zip, shoe laces, ribbons and so on for her to pull and try and get used to the names. When I say, meow in the book, she will look at the cat and smile at me. Repetition is important!
 
Michelle

yah, I thought playgrp is good for Kira cos she's only seeing us daily and maybe some neighbours at times and on Friday some other bbs at the pool. I want her to mix around more and learn to play with others and it's also a nice time for me to exchange with other mummies here. Some of them are from the friday swimming grp too:) I like it very much the last round. The next one will only start in Jan after the holidays.
 
pink pink

Kira's toys are mostly passed down from friends. I also find it a waste to buy everything new. They get sick of them after a while and you've to get new ones again. Sometimes, I hide them and then give it to her again after a few weeks, she'll receive them with excitement again;-)
 
mash

don worry so much lah. Some children just skip crawling and jump straight to walking. Or maybe he might start crawling after walking, who knows. I also thought Kira would skip crawling cos she started learning to stand and cruise very early and now, she's crawling too:)
 
yvonne,
oh, that sis in hk. thot you have another one in bkt batok or sth
happy.gif
hope you are better today
 
astro and pink,
YE is as follows:

--high in acitivity
-- high in peristence
-- high in intensity
-- iniital reaction: craves newness and responds positively

so what does all these mean?
 
Toys: I think toys are important for babies' development and growth leh. And since we can't catch up with their development, got to always be ahead of them in buying toys. Hence, the pop-onz table, though can't be used to pull-to-stand, is a good idea leh.. **IMHO**

Fussy babies at bathtimes: Hey, I bot anna some bath toys. Put them into the bathtub and she guai guai sits inside and let us bathe her. **success**

Pink: Yah, looks like Anna is a toddler liao. She's growing up..

Getting second hand is a good idea. I may want to sell off the toys when she ourgrows them.. Hopefully there are mummies with younger babies who will buy them..
happy.gif


Astro: The walker (it's a TOMY) I have has a knob that allows me to adjust the "brakes" on the wheels. So when anna is playing the activity table, I can stop it completely. When she's walking, we will "loosen" it a little.
 
Pink: I will rate Anna as

Activity - moderate to high
Persistence - high
Intensity - moderate
Iniital reaction - With curiosity

What are the other 5 traits?
 
Hey.. guess everyone has gone out.. i m stuck with bb alone at home.. Hubby went for a dinner function..

Astro,
I saw the Discovery Table selling for $49.90 at Kiddy Palace.. guess u can go to CWP to buy bah.

Re: Borders
I went to the Parkway one yesterday. I printed out 10 vouchers but only used 4.. actually i should have just stick to printing 5 pcs.. in the end i kiasu, thot i should print another 5.. and i also signed up for memebership. The sales person told me, there is always promo, one after another.. once u become member, you will receive the email with the promo details..

re: DHL Ballon
Tomorrow I plan to go take the DHL balloon.. hope that it doesn't rain and hope that it is fun!
 
hi mommies...

forum up?

pink,
infant care? if just one day, they can take care? i don mind... or few days... den can go cruise with hb... he just asked mi whether i wan to go cruise for a break... den i straight away ask : with bel? he said ok! good.. but i have to think twice... cos i cant do anything in the cruise... and pushing a stroller in the cruise look funny to mi...

mash,
thanks for all the tips... i have done it... i almost bring all her toys into the kitchen... and all got music kind... also place within my reach... if she make sound, i press any which is placed near mi... super multitask ya? lol... and yes, dr said is a way of spitting the mucus out... but freak mi out la... first time see her react this way... and she cannot catch a breath...

sq, astro, pink, star, mash , everyone
thanks... i m feeling better... went to supermarket with hb... just the onli two of us... i feel much better... i think i really need to take a break... cos just this 15-30min of selftime... i really feel relive...spell this way? lol...
 
autum,
i think i got go gymboree... still have to monitor bel... but i don wan to stay at home... will find ways to go... heee.... evil!!! i think hb is coming with mi... tts even better... wahahaha... where u go take the balloon? wad time? i also wan to go!!!!
 
Yvonne,
Glad to hear that u are feeling better. Taking care of Bel all the time is reallynot easy. There is one infant care centre in RP. I know they got part-time.. as in a few days a week, or even half-days.. but I guess not cheap bah.. maybe u can call and enquire first..

www.learningvision.com.sg

What I like about a centre is that there is interaction with other kids.. but that also means may fall sick more easily.. it's a trade-off.
 
autum,
wah... their charges really kill ppl... lol... i rather take care myself... lol... i think i just feel abit low... too long nv go out alone liao... tts y go crazy...
 
Yvonne,
the hot air ballon is now at Bugis area.. I saw in the website.. only 10mins ride.. very exp leh but lucky i change for the tickets using credit card points.. else i won't want to pay so much.. one adult ticket is at $23.. something like that.

Gymboree, i haven't call them yet. Maybe tomorrow morning bah. But you booked 3pm right.. i am thinking either 2pm or 3pm.. I went to NLB and got the Baby journal today.. so I can use the voucher!
 
forum down or everybody's out?
both M and Jo caught my bug
sad.gif
hubby also no good.. but all of us r up and above.. i still got my blocked nose and cough.. coughing vv badly, can get headache one..

joelle
bump into u again.. sorry lah.. din get a chance to talk to u again.. M was hungry, so we got to go..

yvonne
vomitting will help to get the phlegm out.. dun worry... Bel's appetite is affected bcos her throat is sore and painful... so swallowing food would be difficult.. give her more water, k?

mash
if u r still bfg, no need to bring FM. if u bring FM, then got to an unopened tin. i brought a pack of 1kg rice, baby biscuits. that's all. the rest we bought fr supermarket.
 
pax,
thanks... no wonder she like the soup... i tot the soup is nice... but taste like plain water...
sad.gif
so is her throat not feeling well... ok... will give her more water... u take care too...
 
Yvonne,
err, i m not sure, cos my hubby was the one who went to get it. We were in Toa Payoh this afternoon, so I told him to walk to the library to ask cos raining, so I waited in the HDB Hub area while he went to take. He say they just ask him the name of the mother and supposed to give IC number, but my hubby said he cannot remember and they just give him like that..

Pax,
sounds bad! take care...
 
Yvonne,
forgot to add.. if u want to take the bb journal, better hurry.. cos the Gymboree voucher supposed to expire at 31 Dec.. so not much time left.
 
oh.. talking abt the bb journal... ya.. i wan to bring Jo for the free Gymboree trial..

Autum
actually we r all ok.. we even went to Hay Goat Farm this morning. quite fun.. jus that the coughing irritates me.. the cold weather is not helping our noses..

yvonne
get some australian pumpkin. cut into cubes. add enuf water / stock to cover the pumpkin cubes in a pot. after the pumpkin cubes are soft, blend everything. bring the pumpkin soup to boil again. cool and give Bel.. it's good Vit C and protein... u can give some in the fridge or freeze.. can use the soup to cook porridge. it's yummy. Jo loves it.
 
pax: Hay Goat Firm huh?.. that time went before when teacher .. excurisions.. got guided tours one right??.. then u got a free bottle of goat milk??..
happy.gif
 
astro
hi ya.. we din join the guided tours.. jus bought those $2 pack hay and fed the goats.. M and hubby drank a small btl of goat milk..

my advice to u? jus take it easy.. things will work out itself.. like i told u previously. u can do it one way, ur mom do it another. as long as Teng knows, dun confuse him, k? relak...
 
evelyn. oh tot u changed your plan to earlier ma. i see. hee. teach kira the gongxi gongxi first then we meet during cNY.

SQ, yalor. i hate the internet connection. i typed a few posts and all gone.. now i am back at my own hometown... still about the same la.. then this pc is super hot, and always hogged.. too many ppl using everyday.. i have to queue.

yvonne, bel better now?
HJ what happen ah? sorrie i missed your posts. u better??? see open a bit la. my fengshui master also so so only la, he is not very very very steady one. if he can really set his fengshui steadily, then i dun need to work so hard now. haha! shh.... dun tell him..

today tian came back to my hometown. she was overwhelmed cause too many ppl.. more than 200 ppl at my dad's factory opening ceremony today. then today not so GF liao. ok la, see open la. tomorrow start the kampong chicken egg yolk.

pax ah, these days tian taking 3 milk feeds, only about total of 15 oz (max). enough ah? sometimes less leh. then water also not taking enough. sigh!! and also half a minibowl still.. even after 3 hours of milk feed. sigh!
 
pax: u never drink?
happy.gif


I am feeling better.. much better.. maybe it's because i see things more open?? ..more likely becos..Teng made huge progress these few days.. so i am very happy and assured ... Teng will make it soon.. .one day....patience...patience.. :p

and with the play yard .. i think my mum is going to dump him inside and let him cruise.. i think she will get the point soon.. coz i kept 'stressing' her...show her mobile bbs.. and how they can move abt without the need to carry.. i think she stressed liao.. know that she 'causing' the delay.. think she indeed stressed liao.. :p:p..
 
QQ
i suggest u take Tian's cue. i'm jus really puzzled why she's not uping her solids.. wat r u giving her for dinner and lunch?

there's a BIG accident on the PIE Jurong bound, before Jurong Town Hall Road.. Right in front of my blk.. but blocked by trees, we can't see anything.. all we could hear were explosions, and smoke.. SCDF here... aiyo.. so terrible..
 
astro
i'm not a milk person lor.. so did drink
happy.gif

so ur mom finally know.. she din like Dr Ong, rmbr?

WAH.. now BIG JAM. and stupid pple not letting Fire Engine and ambulance thru..
 
astro..
good to hear that teng made a big progress.. relax la and i think auntie will make some changes to her style. and also u start working soon right??

I'm a bit stressed here too. cause here in kampong many ppl commented this nd that. said i dun give bb eat MArmite (salty ya... sian), also i dun give egg.. wah lau, i not yet give yolk then they wanna give egg liao. then 8pm just now then i brought tian to sleep.an auntie said wah, so early ah?? bb dun sleep so earl;y one, maybe 10pm then she will sleep. then they speak so loud, tian cannot sleep and kept crying and wanted to go out. i brought her out a while, then she felt so tired and grouchy.. sigh!!!
then my mum is nice, she said I so smart, know more that what she knew and doing a good job. but my auntie wanted to give tian biscuits, then i said no. i give cheerios. then they said its DOG food. or CAT food. I told them that i might want to pack my things and go back KL soon then they kept quiet. sian.
 
pax..
i gave porridge with either fish/pork + veges...
nice nice..
she eats quite fast initially, then stop liao.. i monitor bah. she BURPED also... haha! i guess she is full bah. maybe slowly....
I continue to monitor.
my breakfast is actually not a lot too... just a bit.. also can dong till 12 noon.
 
Anybody knows if Dr Low's clinic open on Sun? Any PDs open on Sun. Poor YT got the coughs and she kept puking whenever the phelgm accumulates. Already very thin liao... Her cot, aiyo, is a mess... All over herself and the infant pillow too. My fingers all smell of puke now...
 
QQ
u back at ur kampung?
aiya.. they r like that one.. wat to do.. u jus got to ren lor.. as long as ur mom understands, that's more impt...
 
Mejo
have u brought YT to c doc b4? if not, ur only option is TMC or KKH liao, PDs r specialists, dun open on Sunday.. puking is ok, bcos she actually gets the phlegm out.. is she having fever? make sure she drinks lots of water. u won't wan her to get dehydrated.

astro
Teng still got 10pm feed?

QQ
burp no mean full leh! burp bcos got air bubble, so burping helps the air bubble come out.. unless she refuses to open her mouth or turn her head away, then that's definitely full...

oh, anyway, the kids went to see Dr Ong today. M is 14.4kg.. Jo is 9kg and short at 69.5cm! :p
 
evelyn: better.. long story.. i just hope that things will get better from now on.. and I will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon .. :p
 
QQ,
wah, your father open factory ??? wat lobang u have for us ??? hahahaha

pax,
i also kaypoh... wat happen ??? how come got explosions ???
guess wat today, i went to borders after my gynae appoitment. got 3 for 2 deal
 
pax, they said:
wah, this singapore bb very special, anything also cannot eat. then high class also, got this chair while eating. only the mama can take care of her. got high class biscuits (cheerios), got bb bed (i brought playpen for her to sleep). sigh! and said she is so cool... dun smile one.
tian broke into tears just now, cause she might be thinking these ppl were scolding her, and they speak so loud so LOUD!! kampong ppl speak so loud, including myself. but at least i dun speak like scolding ppl in front of tian. sigh!
 
Pax,

Nope, I haven't bought her to see doc for this yet. Recently bought her to see doc for fever but now no fever. I'm wondering should I bother feeding her milk later or just give water?
 
pax: teng still need 10pm feed.. i ding dong there.. for a long time liao.. mainly due to my laziness lah. dun want to wake up in the middle of the night lah.. to even give water, so ding dong ther efor long long time liao..never totally remove.. haiz...

update us ah.. i equally KPO.. heehee:p

she still dun like Dr Ong lah.. she dun like all those pple who tell her she causing teng to be 'slow'.. but her eyes telling her the fact is she causing the delay.. so i think she a bit stressed liao...:p
 
Michelle

I also went to PP borders just now. Dun understand the 3 for 2 deal , I thought the person type in my orders wrongly cuz it seems like the free book is randomly choosen? How they choose which book is free? When is it going to last?
 
pax, ya she refused to open her mouth. zipped until very small and cannot stuff in anything. turned away too, and kept shaking her head. when i carry her up, then she burped. see how tomorrow bah.

michelle, factory? aiya, its not healthy food leh.. its for those pop-ice , and also mineral water oni..

me tired liao.go oi oi...
happy.gif
nite nite!
 
mejo
give milk.. since u r concerned that she's so thin.. even if she vomit, at least she had some.. dun think she'll vomit the whole feed?

QQ
wat chair did u bring? Tian maybe stranger anxiety leh... aiyo.. poor Tian... ur mom u/stand more impt k? u poor thing too.. *sayang* *hugs*

Michelle
i also dunno.. vv vv bad accident.. dunno tailback to where liao..
 
QQ,
WAH!!! You brot so many things home ???
then siao liao CNY, whole family gg back to Penang. dun think i wanna brg so many things!
i love your HIGH CLASS stori. going to tell ws later
 


astro
just drop the feed lah.. i dun think Teng will wake up.. he eating SO SO MUCH for bkg.. 1 chinese bowl of cheerios + milk + apple puree + 1 tub yogurt! u feeding elephant?

nite nite QQ. she def had enuf.. dun stress, k? she's putting on wt and growing.. and happy...
 

Back
Top