(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Juju, if possible, head home and rest now. Take afternoon off and go home and sleep or at least lie on bed and dun move around.

In office though easy day you are still doing things and moving around.

Hi mummies and juju, I'm withdrawing from this thread. My baby no more heartbeat, i've gone for op to remove baby. Juju, pls remove my name from the chart. thanks.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Area </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBChew</TD><TD>4-Mar-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol</TD><TD>9-Mar-07</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sylingko</TD><TD>9-Mar-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>Anthony Siow</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

meixue,
done. hugs... my name is also out, for obvious reasons
sad.gif

oh juju, hugs to u too. Seems like even before this thread is off to a rousing start, 3 mummies have already said bye bye. =(

Best wishes to the rest of the mums-to-be! I believe everything will go smoothly for the rest of you.

Hi Meixue and Juju,
so sorry to hear this, rest for 1-2 months and Im sure you can start again, perhaps take a trip to relax yourself first okie, take care.

meixue,
thanks for the hugs...

update:
my hcg drop from 54.4 (last thur) to 23.4
my progesterone drop from 24 (8dpo) to 13.2
will be seeing a gynae tmr &amp; see wat i can still do. but chances r dat i wun be coming back. someone, pls continue updating the chart.
have a smooth pregnancy...
happy.gif

Meixue n JuJu, sorry to know about it. Though, please take good care. No worries, better hopes await. Best wishes to both you. Most importantly, rest well and recover. All will be well soon.

Rest of MTBs mar07, have to take good care n rest well. Hoping for the best for everyone here, whether MTBs mar07 or future MTBs. ALL the BEST to everyone.

Cheers

Thanks for the well-wishes. I'm moving on. Will fully concentrate on my dear 7.5-mth old daugther now. She brings me lots of joy!

hey meixue,
very envious, she must be very cute, so looking forward to the day i can touch and feel my own bb.
Ladies,
do u feel very nauseous from 5th week onward? mine is more like I cannot drink water too fast in big gulp, or eat too much for meals, if not feel like indigestion and have to burb to feel better. so afraid that my symtoms are not strong.

Belle, don't worry. I did not have any MS or nausea feeling until week 10. And mine is quite mild. Only feel nausea when I smell fried foods. Just need to get fresh air and the feeling is gone.

Hi Mrs Wong

Are u the same Mrs Wong from TMC? I've seen you giving nutritious advices to the pregnant mummies here.

Just like to check with you, do u still conduct breast feeding classes?

Could you kindly highlight the available schedule?

Thanks&amp;best regards,
susanna

Hi all, can i join in? Just went to private clinic n chk. Confirmed +ve and now 6wks preggie.My EDD is 5th March. Its my 1st bb...n real excited.

Sorrie to hear abt juju &amp; meixue's case. Do take care n rest well. May all d rest of MTBs have a smooth pregnancy.

pinky..tks! congrats 2 u too!!
happy.gif

me hasnt seen any gynae or scan yet but i'm given folic acid. Any recommendations on gynae? Many frens been to diff hospitals so i'm not too sure whr to go. Wad abt u?

welcome Gin! this thread has been quite quiet. think not many Mar MTB have tested positive yet. I am also considering which gynae. Anyone knows how much is Dr Caroline Khi charging?

Hi belle,
my gyane is Jocelyn wong, they share the same 'clinic'. they charge about the same $38-$48 for consultation, and $38 for scan.

Hey gin!!! Fancy to see u in here!!! Congrats to u leh...

and guess what, I have the same estimated EDD as u, either 4th or 5th March.

Hi Pinkypink, have you taken up a package with your gynae yet? Can you share what are the charges and what does it include? thanks!

When should i go for my first prenatal checkup? I read that cannot see much before week 6. So the earliest that i should see my gynae is only in week 6 ?

Hey belle,

I am at 6 weeks and I can see the heartbeat already. I went for my first check up at 4 weeks, coz I wanted to ensure the ovum was at the right place ie womb and everything is fine.

So 2 weeks later, when I went for check up again, we can see the heartbeat and know the measurement of the bb.

Hi MTBs,

Ryes and Gin, we share the almost same EDD date (4Mar/5Mar). I went for checkup last week, n was told I am 4+wks. So I should be 5+wks now. Last week, Gynae calculated as 5+wks, however scan shows 4+wks. I am going back on 25Jul, should be in 7+wks then. Looking forward to it.

Oh ya... I am given folic acid. My friend mentioned that sometimes gynae may prescribe Obimin for preggies. What is this Obimin for?

Pinky, may I know where are u following up @? Coz I am seeing gynae @ SGH and my last visit which includes consultation n scaning, it cost me about 100. Thatz ex.

By the way, I am concerned about when should we start taking up antenatal packages? Is it true that some gynae do have packages that covers consulation n pregnancy tests? I m not sure about it.

hi belle,
i think a bit early to commit into package now, so not yet.
Hey bbchew,
mine is TMC Jocelyn Wong. i think after adding consultation and scan almost $80+, add in medication, will be over $100. my first visit i did blood test and all end up $190. very broke.

Hi bbchew,

if u are same edd as us, how come u are 5 weeks this week leh? sld be 6 weeks liao leh..

Hi belle, at week 4, u sld see the ovum is at the womb area and not found in the fallopian tube i guess. So at least i know I dun have etopic pregnancy lor, coz that time kept having cramps.

As for package, my gynae offers only at 5 mths then got package. So paying now each time I visit. The last time i did, with 2 blood test, coz not enuff blood, vscan and consultation came up to $257

hi belle,
havent ask, i will ask during my next scan, will let u know okie. my blood test is $30+ for HCG, $30+ for progesterone, plus progesterone pills at $20+. she ask me to be more kiasu, take the prog pills tho my level is ok.
if im not wrong, the not so ex package should be $500-$550 but not sure about details yet.

Hi pinky thanks! i just did my scan too :p i can only see the sac. At least i know it will not be ectopic. Which i am terribly worried about . Saw the corpus leutum, wah so big! my gosh. it was 4 cm big. So in 2 weeks time going to scan again and hope to see the heartbeat
happy.gif

hey belle
what is corpus leutum?

hi ryes,
its duphaston but i didnt really take, cos the burbing and nauseous feeling is already irritating me, these pills will worsen it.

Hi pinky,

ah, is the same that I am taking. NO leh, I had no side effects taking it, except just feeling tired....

Hi Ryes,
Yes, me at Feb mtb....me taking duphaston too...coz i have spotting on and off and this is sort of a "ang tai yao", so, i am taking it too...

Hey doggy,

oh i didnt know is an ang tai yao, but coz of the m/c i had last time, the gynae say better to take this lor. Have u had spotting still?

I had only once brown colour, then stopped liao. just 1 day.

Hi pinky , corpus luteum is the cells remaining in the ovary after the egg that was released, its function is to produce the progesterone to support the pregnancy before the formation of placenta. After placenta is formed, then it will disappear. It is important to have it in order to produce enuff progesterone.

Ryes, I am not sure too. I did scan on 4Jul, and the scan shows 4+wks. So this week, should be 5+ to 6wks. Going back on 25Jul, required to do scan again prior to seeing gynae. Hopefully, things will be well.

Anyone know whatz Obimin for?

hi belle,
didnt know that scan can see that leh.
anyway mine is 11mar about a week later than you girls. i just had fish soup with ginger slices, think it helps. released a lot of gas just now :p

hi girls, i m relatively new to this forum. i have been posting in the Feb07 thread but think that i may belong here. not so sure. i m about 6+ weeks preg. So could either be in late Feb or early Mar07.

I went to see doc on 3 July and doc thinks I'm abt 5wks then.

Will see u gals around here!

Hi Ryes, surprised to c u here too!!
happy.gif
everything seems so qiao for us..same mth ROM, then same yr AD then our bb might b sharing the same birthday!!
bounce.gif

For me, i hasnt seen any gyane yet. u gg to wich hospital? wow, urs can c heartbeat liao...d clinic doc advised me go bac early aug wich i think my folic acid would be consumed by then...the clinic has a gynae who is attached to Mount E. But i can c her 1st then decide whether to get pkg fr her.

Welcome Autum, i'm oso new to this thread. My EDD is 5th Mar but not sure if wil be late feb anot cos its 1st bb. Heard dat 1st bb might not b accurate wan...might b early.

Hi BBchew, ryes, u &amp; me having same EDD. We sure can share more info...
happy.gif

Hey gals, me abit blur abt those med dat u all r toking abt cos i hasnt seen any gynae. Is it safe to see a gyane abt 8wks?? cos dat clinic doc told me can go bac in early aug.

Gintonic, see gynae at week 8 is ok. Too early also scared can't see anything in the scan.

But if you have the following symptoms, go to gynae immediately or KKH A&amp;E:
- fresh blood spotting or pinkish spotting
- heavy menstrual flow (brown blood)
- severe cramps
- severe backaches/shoulder pain

Regarding the medications, not everyone needs the medications. Don't worry. Just need to take folic acid now (MOST IMPORTANT).
I'll be in week 11 tomorrow and I never took any of those hormone pills or 'an tai yao', only took prenatal vitamins and folic acid. As long as no spotting and gynae feels your body is strong enough, it should be alright.

Hi Gin,

I guess is up to individual if you want to see the gynae earlier or not. At week 6 which u are like me, can see the heartbeat liao. Some prefered to wait till like 8 weeks then go and see gynae. My next appointment is early Aug, which I will be 9 weeks by then.

I am one that prefer to see the gynae earlier. Dont you want to see ur bb? At least u can see a sac, a heartbeat, your water bag etc. My gynae is at gleneagles, will deliver there.

Most would only need folic acid. I take thrice daily, morning, lunch and evening. And was prescribed hormone pills to protect the bb as I had a miscarriage the last time. And also I had wee bit spotting too. So it depends on the gynae, if he feels u need, then he will prescribe.

You can purchase the folic acid at guardian pharmacy, they sell much cheaper leh.

Hi Ryes, i now taking folic acid and the amt d doc gave me wil last til early aug. So far, i have no spotting although i read dat usually most women wil encounter in d 1st stage. But d clinic doc told me now 6wks stil cannot c d heartbeat leh so when u told me urs can c alrdy therefore i'm abit concerned. Thot c d gynae asap since can c d heartbeat liao so dat can feel more at ease. Actually i stil not v sure how they calculate...whens was ur last mense? mine was on 29th may.

Back