(2007/02) February

cherry, just realised the thread on thermometer tat u asking? I didn't post there,... it just another cat ;p. but wat coincidence is the organiser is also the one organising this gymboree lo... lol

pekochan
wjhahahaha ur maid just like my old maid.. never greet me.. this time i clever,, go choose one younger than me :p

jazzzy..
ehh my boss oso recommends me hyperlink... but mine's not frm there..

whahaha u gers talking sooo fast about ur #2.. i can onli wait... hopefully guai guai wait until aug.. :p

re. old maid.. when we sent her to airport and tells QY she's leaving.. QY looks sad.. but never cried.. next day onli looks for her once.. and no-more.. best.. when we pick up the new maid, in the lift, he can tell me "new auntie"... to think the previous nite i was sooo worried that he will miss her.. but apparantly she's off his dictionary? so fast?

new maid's alright.. can do housework...can listen.. more obedient type... but QY not able to accept him yet.. very stressed.. he kept pushing her away and say "bubyee auntie, dun wan auntie"... everything oso want me and hb or my mum to do.. saw him trying to push her away or trying to beat her sometimes...
sad.gif

smurfy, aren't u glad tat he not so attched to maids... haha i wonder how zz will to cope if maid not around those days when home leave... but tat time in HK, he never ask for her at all... but it might be diff since now he be at home w/o her... so... we shall see...

doggy, omg! My girl also go around hugging and kissing people, valentina is her middle name...LOL! Are people born on V'day all like that? Hee..hee. You expecting a girl or boy this time? How heavy is your bb now? You will also get back to your pre-preggy weight very soon. Now that I'm back to work, think will sure put on weight very fast.

smurfy, guess I've got to tell her the house rules. I should have done that during the very first day she came to work in our house. Besides not greeting you, your previous maid is ok right?

Mummies, any gathering? I've have not meet any of you before except Ah girl.

Hello mummies... How's everyone doing?

Been busy for the past few weeks as start my work after the 8 weeks ML and busy coping wif my two gals as well.

Congrats to chocbabe and jojo!!! Ur babies are sooooo cute!!!

doggy, all the best for your delivery!
happy.gif

Sap, I let my two gals sleep in their separate room from 2nd month onwards. I put a baby monitor in their room so that i can hear if they cry. So far so good. Sometimes when one cry a bit long (if i too sleepy and did not hear she cry) and will wake the other, but most of the time i can hear the cry and attend to her immediately. We believe things will get better once Ru able to sleep thru. Now she still wakes up once or twice per nite.

Btw ladies, i have taken up the offer to be posted to China if our current project goes on smoothly. Will go there wif hubby first some time this month to look at the environment. My China boss will help me to find a house and a nanny. My biggest concern is Xi as she always says "NO" whenever we ask her whether she wants to go China with me. Sigh...

Hey ladies!

Saphira..Glad to hear that no more spotting for u..any MS?
The 3 other preggy mummies..huskie, smurfy, doggy..anyone else I missed out? Hope u all are doing well!
Doggy..All the best for yr delivery real soon!

PVL..I seldom see red groupa in NTUC..like u said cheaper..and taste just as good..esp fried!

Peko..Hope to meet u all soon too..so long didnt gather.

Catz..I was thinking u were very busy too..so that's why I didnt sms u about the trial class.
How is the new helper so far?

smurfy,
Glad your new maid is working out well.
My new maid is also ok, very keen on cooking and looking after Soph, maybe cos she has a 1.5yr old dd herself.
But after one week, she realises that we do Soph's stuff ourselves and her job is mainly housekeeping and cooking.
I'm also picking up a smattering of Bahasa... only thing I cannot tahan is that she keeps all the cloths together, even car sponges and cloth for wiping toilet and dishcloths together, so I just have to keep reminding her and label my drawers.

Saph,
I think 5mg folic acid is the standard yeah? If I'm not wrong, folic acid is water soluble, so any excess is usually excreted in pee, so should not be any worry taking 5mg/day according to gynae's instructions.
Hope your spotting has stopped and you're feeling better!

Charis,
Sorry I couldn't make it for trial cos it clashes with Soph's Sunday morning class.
How did your trial go?

Re. red garoupa, I also like it better than fish like threadfin... I find its meat more succulent. J8 NTUC do stock red garoupa, but not often too. Like PVL, I also buy my fish from wet market
happy.gif

jelly,
Your hubby will relocate with you too?

jelly,

a brave move to move over to china..

but i think you should adapt well.

where of China you'll be at?

Re: Red Garoupa
I also like red garoupa, steam is nice too.

but lil J only like to eat the steam fish not fish porridge.. i wonder why.. both also add in porridge mah keke..

re: sleeping arrangement
I still have not decide how to let my the kids sleep.. cos i hope to have lil J in our room till both the kids are older to shift out.

cos if lil J to sleep alone.. grandma will never let that happend and then she will be with her 24/7.. then i v. jealous leh hahaha...

jelly, waaaaah China!!! Brave move esp with your two kiddos being so young! No wonder never hear from you.. busy busy!

Day 1 of maid, so far so good.. she's diligent and has initiative.. didn't faint when she saw the messy state of the house
happy.gif
See how it goes lah. I find it v stressful having somebody else in the house but in a way it's good that I don't have to lift a finger.. haha
happy.gif

Charis, so how was the first trial run? Good? Would've loved to support you in your biz endeavour, sorry about the rotten timing!

PVL, haha.. tai tai hood ah? No lah, gotta be extra frugal now that we've got such a huge extra expense every month.

My family likes her.. so far so good. My sister's baby keeps smiling at her!

Catz,
yeah, I also feel a bit stressed out having a maid at home. Actually I cannot find anything for her to do on most days, esp. during the afternoon from 12-3pm, so she rests a lot during this time.

I also have to cut down our expenses with a maid now... so we eat out less. But the good thing is that with a maid, she can cook while we go out, so we can come back to a nice and healthy homecooked meal
happy.gif

good morning ladies!

jelly,

wow glad to know that u have made the decision to relocate to china. I guess Ah Xi is just saying no for the sake of saying..toddlers at this age is always saying no no no...or on the other hand, she dont want to separate from your auntie?

sunsweet,

cherish is sleeping with me.. and i want to train her to sleep alone. I hope to "break" this habit soon. Your Mil is like my mum, keep thinking that cherish is too young to sleep alone.

Peko,
BB is abt 3.1kg as at 37 wks...defnitely bigger than Gab! Hopefully delivery will be easier too...btw, its a boy again! think we have to break their "bad habits" of gg round kissing n hugging people....haha

Also ladies, thanks for the well wishes....though it's my 2nd one, still very scare. Scare of gg thru the labour pain again!

Oh Catz, just read abt your op thingy...hope you are well...how i wish i can have a maid too!!

Jelly,
That's definitely not an easy decision to move to china...all the best to you & family!

Catz... U got a helper oredi? Good on u! Dunno how to manage two kids and household chores alone without any help. Guess soon u will get used to not lifting ur hands for a lot of things. Haha...

Huskie, my hubby most likely will be relocated to china as well, but he will be at Hainan while me and the kids will be at Xiamen. Actually from Hainan to Xiamen only 1 hour flight, so still not too bad.

Sunsweet, brave move ha? I am sweating inside lei. More worry on how my gals will adapt to a totally different life, all their routine change, caretakers change etc.

Stella, u are right! She does not want to go China becos i told her if go China then no Yi Po. But when i told her if she does not follow me to China she will not be able to see me, her answer is still "NO". I hope it's as u said kids at this stage always say no no no.

jelly,
How long will you be there? any fixed time frame? Wish you all the best...

Confinement:
I wanted to stay with my parents for a few days initially, but now decided to stay here for the whole month... haha.

I felt that I could get more rest, eating better etc. Felt that my milk supply is more than enough for Sarah. Maybe cos less stress and better food here compared to what my MIL cook for me at home...

Sarah has been a easy baby so far. A whole lot of difference compared to Ryan. For ryan, I'll be crying almost everyday. This time, Sarah has alot less problems, she's feeding every 4 hours compared to Ryan every 2 hours.

The only flip side is I dun get to spend as much time with Ryan. He visits me every evening after my hubby finish work. He like dun care about me already... haha. But good that he's not sticky to me also, otherwise I will have a difficult time. He's starting to get jealous. He will not allow my hubby to pat meimei. I think it will get worse when I move home 1 month later, but i guess it's a phase we have to go through. Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

jojo,
congrats! read your birth story in your blog.

catz, huskie,
congrats on your new taitai hood. I wish to be like you both too... able to care for kids full time. Looking forward to my hubby finishing his training... unfortunately, it's gonna be another 2 years.

doggy, wow your baby has a good weight. My 'valentina' was 3.74 at birth, I had a hard time during delivery. My boy was 3kg at birth, it's easier for me. I already told my girl not to be so friendly to everyone, I told her some people are bad people, don't any how talk to them. I wonder if she uderstand or not, trying to brainwash her..hahaha!

If we going to have a gathering, where can we go? Any suggestions?

chocbabe, congrats to you. I also find my 2nd one easier to handle. Perhaps is because we are 2nd time mummy, so we are kinda of experienced already. My girl doesn't allow others to carry her little bro, she dotes him very much but sometimes she will get abit jealous though. But overall she is a good sister.

pekochan

how i wish cherish and your valentina can swop characters..till now cherish dun greet people..i am hoping someday she will.

stella, maybe your cherish is shy. My girl is those not shy type, she will greet people she meet in the lift, over-friendly already...hehehe!

jelly, doggy & chocbabe.. haha.. having helper is really not my choice.. cos if hubby goes Afghanistan, he will go with just a week's notice. Already he's gone for jabs and having his passport done already... even though by right he is the November candidate. Ah well. So far so good.. she's doing a fantastic job cleaning out my entire kitchen... couldn't ask for more. But of course I feel a bit weird lah, gotta remember to feed her, cannot just go out for lunch/dinner suka suka without telling her as right now we still don't have a usable kitchen
happy.gif

chocbabe, yes yes, good to know you decided to stay 1 month at your mom's. When you said 1 week, I also thought it was a bit too short!!! I guess 2nd time mommyhood we are less kan cheong. I remember when Timo was born, I was v uptight and anal about everything.. and me and hubby fought a lot cos he was trying to help out and I wanted everything done in a certain way and I kept changing my mind (hormonal lah, what to do?).. but when Beth was born, I was la la la.. whoever wants to help, just do it whatever way.. haha
happy.gif

peko, so sweet that your daughter is protective over your son! My son is more than happy if somebody were to kidnap his sister.. ;)

Just spent another morning at the pd.. 'cos Timo still sick after 3 weeks.. already saw pd 4 times cos of his phlegm. Pd suspects allergies cos of the roofing works at my place and wants his bedding sunned and vacuumed everyday. Good timing lah, I have my helper to help me! WOOHOO!

jelly, wah you really v garang.. two of you in different cities. Safe or not? You will have all the expat perks like driver, housekeeper, nanny etc?

jas
tat's a very bold step.. wat's the deciding factor for u to say "yes". hope that the transition would be smooth for Ah-xi. and for RU, just gotta watch out her immunity coz she's still very small.

catz
kekeke sounds like u got a good deal. hope it maintains that way for the next 2 days. ai yoh.. what happened to timmy? everytime u come in to post, u would be updating us on their sickness..

stella, my gal also won't greet but smile shyly and hide behind us when faced with strangers.
happy.gif

catz, poor timo, hope he will get well fast fast. Good that u find a good helper before ur hubby's assignment. I think Xiamen is still oklah in term of living condition and safety, better than Hainan definitely. Not really an expat lah but have access to company's drivers and my boss has promised to find a good nanny for me.

garfield, thanks! I have not signed the contract, but if signed, will be bound for 2 years and renewable on the same term. Actually as long as i stay on this position, i will need to spend most of my time in China. Sigh...

doggy,
Forgot to post... wish you a smooth delivery!

jelly,
Even though you and hubby are just 1 hr apart, it's still not going to be easy.
You're really brave to do this - wish you all the best!

chocbabe,
Good to know you're being well-taken care of... nothing beats our own parents
happy.gif

jelly,
Hope you and family will be able to adapt well in China.

doggy,
Wish you smooth delivery
happy.gif

chocbabe,
Rest well. Glad to hear baby is easy to manage. Hope mine will be too. Now that I am preggy again. my daughter also say she don't want a baby. Ask her to sayang my tummy she reject.

Catz,
Hope Timo will get well soon. Cough do take some time to heal. Try giving him vit C everyday to help speed recovery. Look for non or semi syntetic vits. Read that when one is sick you need more vit C to take effect. Xinfaye just recovered from her cold lately. Took about a week. No medication (just vit c -500mg). Give her lots of water or juice to drink too.

Hope I didn't leave out anyone. Wish everyone well and happy.

Peko,
My boy depends on mood one. He will shy away from pple who talk very loud. Btw, is valentina in school or childcare now?

Huskie,
Thanks....really hope it will be easier. Sometime really admire pple with 2 kids or more and they are handling them so well. If i nvr read wrongly, you are also preggy now hor? When are you due?

Catz,
Just enjoy the time while you have the helper. Sometime when i was so tied up with kid, housework and study, I wish i could have an extra pair of hands to help me.

doggy,
Yeah, I also admire those who can handle more than 2 kids so easily!
I'm about 15weeks now, due on 2 Oct
happy.gif

Catz,
It's good that your helper is working out well.
Mine is OK too, but need to educate her on certain things... like she's only been here for 1.5weeks, she's finished 1 whole jar of jam, one-third pack of sugar and 1 whole can of condensed milk all by herself. So scared she will get diabetes and decayed teeth from all these overly sweet stuff leh... I'm not being stingy, but I seriously think so much sweet stuff within such a short period is no good for her health.

Then yesterday she talked on my housephone for 45mins with her hubby, even though it's her hubby who phoned in. I think that's too much, considering I let her talk on the phone every night, and she talks avg of 15-20mins each night... but last night was just too much.

At times like these, I really wish I'm back to no-helper days!
So difficult to be easy-going and not get taken for a ride!

huskie, I think u got to alert her tat she is not suppose to spend so much toking on the phone. some things must state v clear lo.

jelly, wish u all the best... will miss u ley. try to log in here when u r there...

Aiyoh so many irritating spam posts! Must be recession, BP biz not so good :p

huskie, wow your helper has a good appetite. Mine is so skinny.. cos we still go to my mom's for dinner (she will observe and help my mom wash dishes).. everybody kept foisting food on her plate until the poor girl literally turned green.. then later in the car back home, she told me she cannot see so much food, she will feel ill. :p So now my mom and sis have quit asking her to take more take more 'cos she will literally turn green. Your helper has quite a lot of irritating habits hey? Guess mine is easier to deal with cos she's single and she's Christian. She makes all calls home on her mobile.. and it's great that she's very quiet.. can't tell that she's around. No banging and stomping around. Heng ah.. I hate noisy people. I am one person who is v silent going around the house.. so I'm glad I don't have to lecture her on making too much noise when doing chores. PLUS she's v zi dong.. she's cleaned out my entire kitchen and yard from top to toe. Wah lau, feel damn pai say.. she keeps cleaning and cleaning non-stop! Keep telling her to rest.. haha..

jelly, so when will you be leaving????

doggy, yes it's really nice having an extra pair of hands 'cos I find that my temper is soooooo much better since Sherly came. I have enough time to cuddle and read to the kids and I don't feel like I am rushing to get the clothes out of the washer, to pack and clean and wash dishes. But of course, loss of privacy and it's a big responsibility to take care of the helper lah. Win some, lose some.

Smurfy, Timo got v bad cough w phlegm since school hols.. cough until puke type. Dr Ong says it's viral infection but now his allergies are prolonging his bad cough. So he will be on Zaditen for a month, then review again.

Catz,
Wow, you've got a great helper there. A rare find. You can REALLY enjoy your taitai-hood now
happy.gif

Some prolonged coughs are bacterial in nature. You know that right? I remember that Timo once had such an infection, am I correct? Or was it somebody else. Anyway, there's something about bacterial infections in the ST today I think.

Question for everyone.... What diapers are your toddlers using for nights now? Any recommendations? Ben uses Nepia L, but I find that it's getting to be a tight fit, and sometimes cannot hold all his pee. I'm very skeptical about pull-up pants for night time use, and he's not willing to say he wants to go yet.

Priviledged,
i thin Mamy Poko (for night use)is the best. Now I will try to pee my girl before sleep at 9:15pm and 11pm before I sleep. She will sleep through without anymore pee till wakes up next morning.

Priviledged,
I think Mamy Poko (for night use) is the best. Now I will try to pee my girl before sleep at 9:15pm and 11pm before I sleep. She will sleep through without anymore pee till wakes up next morning.

PVL,
It was Soph whose cough was a bacterial infection. It started as viral, but when she has more than 2-3 days of fever that won't go down, it's bacterial (mycoplasma) and has to take antibiotics to prevent further infection of lungs.

Re. diapers: Soph is using Huggies Ultra. Sometimes when she wakes up, the pee load can be quite heavy but still enough to hold.

Catz,
Eh, hee, when my helper went to my mum's place, she laoded her plate with a whole lot of food... which is fine with us, cos my mum cooks a lot anyway. But she really quite blur, just sat there for the whole afternoon, never helping my mum or my mum's maid with anything. When Soph started climbing around, she also just sat on the floor and watch, till my mum has to tell her to follow Soph closely in case Soph falls.
Hee, I also caught her picking her nose and ears at my mum's place... maybe too bored there! :p

Eh, my temper is worst off after helper came... I'm quite easy and not that fussy with housework... so far she's doing quite well with housework and cooking... but hmm, the 45min phonecall didn't quite go down well with me so I guess I just need to set the rules right with her, like what garfield said.

PVL, yes, thank God so far so good. She's actually a leader in her Indonesian fellowship for maids at St John St Margaret's and she reads her bible daily. V happy lah. I'm seriously much happier these days too.. think I'm just plain ol' lousy at housework so it's so nice to have someone nice to help out!

Rgd night-time diapers, only Mamypoko or Pampers Active can contain Ms Bethany's pee.. those pull-ups really don't cut it. Esp crappy ones like Huggies or Drypantz. Those are good for only 3 hours max.

Mycoplasma infection is awful! My hubby had that too.. Timo's isn't infection 'cos he doesn't have colored phlegm and it's only sporadic.. as and when triggered by allergies.

huskie, ALAMAKKKKKKK... your helper erm, got a lot of bad habits to break. Think you really got to be firm and give her the EVIL EYE when she transgresses.. 'cos you ah, think you look like the bully-able type. Mine really eats v little but anyway I don't restrict what she can help herself to at home... like I said, barely notice she's around 'cos she pecks like a pigeon. At least today at lunch and dinner, my mum and sis refrained from dumping more food on her plate and making her green. And picking nose is NO NO NO!! Wah liau, so dirty! Tell her to do those when she is in the bathroom.. and to use tissues. And I think you gotta add some clauses to your house rules like no phonecalls exceeding 15min per day if using your phone etc.

Actually speaking of mining for gold.. my MIL LOVES to do that and flick flick flick everywhere. Even when I pointedly handed her a tissue, she continued flicking. In fact, she asked me 'hor wa tissue zo si mee?' @#$%^&* Sigh. IN MY HOUSE AND IN MY CAR! Do you know how awful it is to have to go and vac/wipe down the entire car after a nosepicker's been in it? Yucks.

Catz,
The next time you do a drugstore spree, can you help me order 4 tubes of Desitin Creamy (4oz)?
No hurry... they're actually for my bro's kid who is due in Aug and for my #2 in Oct.

Yikes, your MIL picks her nose in your house and in your car?! *faintz* Cannot imagine if I have to clean up those snotty stuff!

Anyway, I had a talk with my helper last night - told her she has to limit her phonecalls, be it her calling out or her hubby calling in.
Her hubby called last night at 10pm after all the lights were off in the house... woke Soph and me up *sigh*
Hope she would have told her hubby the house rules regarding phonecalls when she spoke with him last night.

huskie,

omg.... he shld not call at that timing lor...

for my maid, i never really restrict her using phone but got 1 time she too much and keep using the phone n I can't get her. I say her off after a few repeated "cheery" warnings. cos 1st few times I just brush off as coincidence n I tell her funny how can't phone can't get thru. then over a few times, I just tell her it getting too much and how would she concentrate. then after that, she did reduce liao. so got to be firm sometimes lor.

but when i at home, if she is bz, when her phone rings, sometimes she doesn't pick up. she say if it impt, the person will call again lo...

huskie, sure no problem..
happy.gif
My sis orders 6 tubes every 3 months.. haha.. I remember I went through tube after tube of Desitin. Wah your bro's kid due just before yours, so nice! Yah MIL ah, terok :p Eeks and regarding your maid, tsk tsk. We run a v quiet household esp after bedtime at 8pm so I would hate the phone ringing anytime after that!!!

Bad news, right now I'm sitting by Timo's bedside at Mt A. He was warded for bronchitis yesterday. Hubby did last night's duty so I came in to relieve him today and tonight. Doing tests to determine what kind of bacteria caused the infection. My poor kiddo
sad.gif
High fever yesterday.

garfield, actually you quite soft with your maid wor. Think you must set house rules of not using phone until after work hours i.e. 9-10pm. I've never seen my maid use her mobile phone.. in fact, it's shut off until I tell her to go and rest.

Catz,
Poor Timo... I sure hope they can find out the bacteria and give the proper antibiotics. My nephew had a bout of bronchitis like that at 18mths too... no symptoms oof coughing whatsoever... he just cried and didn't wanna go to sleep one night. When my sis brought him to Mt A A&E, they said lungs infected already, and have to put in tubes to suck the phlegm out.
Hope Timo will be OK.

Hey, do check out grapeseed extract online and see if it would help build his respiratory system?
Or pick up a few tabs from me to see if he is willing to eat it (a little bitter... not all kids like it... but maybe can crush and mix into abit of juice).

btw, besides Desitin Creamy, if drugstore has First Teeth, can help me order 4 tubes too? 2 tubes with finger brush and 2 without? Thanks sooo much!

It's good that your maid is so automatic. I've just set some "rules" with mine, so hope she will be more auto from now on.

garfield,
How long has your maid been with you? She's experienced one right?
I heard the experienced ones are harder to manage, but fresh ones like my Indo one also got its own language problems.
Like that day, I told her one tiny part of the broccoli was wet, so just shave off that small part and then cut the rest. Hee, she shave off my whole broccoli inclu the good parts, so I had a whole botak broccoli without the flowery part *faintz*

huskie, yah I hope it's just normal bacteria, not something weird like MRSA or whatever. They sucked out his phlegm with tubes down his throat yesterday to do the culture.. made him puke so many times after that. I think I will probably seriously look at forcing him to take grapeseed. He's very good about all medicines in general. OK noted with the Desitin and First Teeth x 2 with brush, 2 w/o brush.

Haha.. rgd the broccoli. She never see broccoli before huh?

Mine hasn't cooked yet except for oats and porridge for Beth. She's not so keen on cooking but I don't mind doing the actual cooking part since she does the prep and washing up. Haha.

PVL, thanks.. hope we can go home today. Me old bones cannot tahan another night scrunched up on his hospital cot with him sticking his hair into my nose.

catz, poor Timo! hope he gets well soon! he often fall sick ha...

reg maid, ya I quite lax with her as in no rules like u gals as she is an experienced maid w us for yrs liao. but I will still nag at her when things that need to be done are not done. for my kids, she really is like a nanny lor. sometimes i got to fight with her for the rgt bringing up. cos she got the old ple thinking. for me, my maid is mainly here for my kids lor. so watever extra is bonus.

catz, jerlene also caught a bacteria infection few weeks back. PD was telling us that many kids got it these few months. She kept on coughing and had high fever on and off for about 2 weeks. Took a lot of medicine and finally was on a week of antibiotics before her condition improved. Hope timo will recover soon too...

Back