(2007/02) February

pekochan
i dun dare to ask :x frm what i heard she asked her dept people "whether the tummy seems to be getting smaller?" that week prior knowing the news at the gynae. shld be age and health i guess, coz she is very weak during 1st trimester..

Smurfy..SO sad to hear that.
My girlfriend had 2 stillbirths back to back..at 24 weeks..so its a terrible time I know.
She also 35 plus..Both babies had hypercoiled cord..knotted blood vessels in the cord..apparently that eventually decreased the oxygen and blood flow to babies..for 2nd one, gynae put her on aspirin to thin the blood hopefully to prevent the condition for recurring..But sadly it happened again..I guess its not in our hands.

Smurfy

so sad to know abt wat happen to ur friend.. i had a dangerous first tri..thats y my hb and i named her "cherish"

jojo,
You can check the spree/WTS pages - lots of mummies selling their extra stock of Desitin Creamy from spree excess.
I buy from them cos always forget to spree for it.

Charis,
You should follow your hubby to India then!
It's always been my dream to backpack India... but now a bit difficult... will prob wait till after #2 then bring both there!
happy.gif

PVL,
Wow, your baby's may have the same BD as you... so nice!
Are you still going to the same Dr. Han in KKH?

Gig,
Hee, yes, India is my dream destination!
When is your EDD, and have you changed a gynae yet?

smurfy,
So sad to hear about your colleague's plight
sad.gif

I have a close friend who also had 2 stillbirths, and like Charis' friend, also back to back. Somemore her marriage was a shotgun case, so she was looking forward to baby, then suddenly no heartbeat in 2nd tri. Doc says dunno reason.
Her 2nd baby - think it's a congenital heart defect and she also "gave birth" in 5th mth or so.
After these 2 pregnancies, she and hubby went thru lots of tests to see if there is any chromosonal incompatibility etc, but everything was OK.
Now she has 2 active boys... hope your colleague will have her bundles of joy in her arms next time too!

huskie
eeee eee.. kekeke which part of india u wanna go to? i tell u hor, unless u go those "tourist" area.. otherwise it's a one big different the moment u step out of hotel to the street. :p yah lar, but i do knw that yoga originates from there...and most ppl knows yoga or the art of breathing etc. over ther.

oh no.. it's so sad to hear of this.... Pls ask ur coll to take care of herself. She will hv better blessing in her next preg.

*pray*

Hi! Me also... added to the list
happy.gif

unpreggie mummies
1. smurfy
2. chocobabe
3. ah-ger
4. catz
5. fat babe
6. stella
7. charis
8. huskie
9. graceofgod

Smurfy, feel so sad for your col.

Charis, my cousin had still birth 2 yrs ago cos of cord prob too. Guess it's really not in our hands to control.

Huskie, my EDD is 9th Feb, same bday as Sherwin.
happy.gif
Yup, changed my gynae to my niece's cos he's friendlier, more approachable and lots cheaper.

huskie,
Yes, I'm still going to Dr Han.

Jelly,
Thanks.

Smurfy,
It's tough for anyone to have a stillbirth, let alone 2. I too had a friend who had a stillbirth of her son, who was due around the same time as Ben. She fought so hard to keep the baby in. Was in hospital for weeks, but lost the baby in the end. I felt very bad for her cos I had Ben bulging in my tummy and she lost her boy sometime in Nov/Dec 06. But she conceived again and has recently had a healthy baby boy.

It's taking ages to load up the forum! Crazy...

PVL, Smurfy, I know a couple who had their twins die just 1 day before their EDD
sad.gif
Can you imagine two wee coffins when everyone was expecting two bundles of joy? The couple was old too.. luckily they conceived a healthy child after a while. Lots of tragedies.

Giggler, I was just telling milkie that I am using double protection so if I really have accident, it's God's will. Hehe.
happy.gif

PVL, Wah no service tax and GST? THat's a good deal.. can DEFINITELY meet there again
happy.gif
How? How? Say every month and a half?
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Charis? Milkie?

mummies
u know i just took that a smooth pregnancy is something sooo natural.. i mean i knw that miscarriage or stillbirths r common.. but when it happens to someone u know, then reality really strikes.. geezz.. must not take things for granted.. makes me recall back on my pregnancy with QY then... very very tiring n very very physical draining .. but luckily he turned out well..

smurfy

actually i was v kan cheong and prayed alot during preg..esp the first & last tri..thats y i went to induce when i sensed reduced movement..so scary...

Yo, Rachel!

I add for you
happy.gif

unpreggie mummies
1. smurfy
2. chocobabe
3. ah-ger
4. catz
5. fat babe
6. stella
7. charis
8. huskie
9. graceofgod
10. Rachel

hi mummies,

long time no chat,

been very busy for the past month as I was organizing overseas meeting for my dept and customers.

when Phuket finally on 02 July till 5th Jul..
now catch up with work and luckyily today off day can come back here to say HI!

wow PVL congrads!! No.3... me still thinking of no.2

anyway i can add myself to the list of npreggie mummies :
1. smurfy
2. chocobabe
3. ah-ger
4. catz
5. fat babe
6. stella
7. charis
8. huskie
9. graceofgod
10. Rachel
11. Sunsweet

will try to trace back the threads.. and be back shortly :p

preggie or gradulated mummies
1) rachel (gave birth)
2) Starlite (gave birth)
3) Garfield (EDD: July)
4) Katie (EDD: 26 Aug)
5) milkshake (EDD: Nov)
6) pekochan (EDD: 7 Dec)
7) mummy_zeen (EDD: Dec)
8) jazzcy (EDD: Dec)
9) cherryale (EDD: 15 Jan 09)
10) winnie (EDD: 21 Jan 09)
11) jelly (EDD: 24 Jan 09)
12) Giggler
13) PVL (EDD: 31ST Jan 09)
14) Longan__almond

not preggie mummies
1. smurfy
2. chocobabe
3. ah-ger
4. catz
5. fat babe
6. stella
7. charis
8. huskie
9. graceofgod
10. Sunsweet

wow lao.. more preggie than not preggies.

haaha graduated ya..
winnie, cherryale, jelly, pvl.. ur babies gonna be exactly 1 yr younger than my #2.. my #2 is this yr Jan mah... heehe..

tink even if i wan #3 by the time will be in yr rabbit or dragon.. definately nt anytime nw or next yr.. n i dun wan tiger yr (mu lao hu).. haaha..coz i piggy yr ma, my kid cannot be tiger (will eat/bully me).. =p

haha my MIL is Mu lao Hu.. but i think she quite tame.. :p

my bro is lao hu.. but i think he's those soft toy kind.. he like teddy bear uncle to my gal.. haha

so Lao Hu actually not necessary be fierce.

hi mummiessssss

PVL, catz and CHaris, i enjoyed myself at the lunch gathering the other day. It was really good to see your kids after so long.

Hey, i need to ask any of u mummies a question. Do u know if there is any good daytime confinement nannies? My hub and I discussed and we thought it would be good to have a nanny come from morning to evening to help me out during my confinement period. We basically need the lady to entertain YR when I'm b-feeding (assuming YR gets really jealous), maybe help me prepare a simple dinner and cook something simple for YR. I also need the lady to help me bath the newborn and YR of cos since I doubt I will dare to bath the newborn.

Maybe also to accompany me to the supermarket to do some shopping during that period?

Do u girls know any aunties who are more english speaking and are not too old who can do such jobs? Also what's a normal rate to pay? And can i request for a pleasant looking auntie with no BO, and is not fat or not too skinny?

Wah, u girls talking about kids being born in the year of Tiger ah? My dad and older bro are both tigers. Both are pretty quiet and calm pple. But when they get angered to their boiling points, they are very very fierce.

milkie, wow your requirements sounds a bit tough leh
happy.gif
I think maybe can call confinement agency to check whether they have such service? My gf did manage to find someone similar, pleasant looking, shapely figure, breastfed all her 4 kids so very pro-bfg, 40+ lady who speaks english as she was the mum of her church friend. But she was helping more than she is doing this as a job.

ger, i confirmed a CL already. she was recommended by my neighbour's CL. Sounded easygoing on the phone. Finally I agreed to pay her $1900 +$50 transport if its before CNY and $2600 if its CNY.

today was lots of horrible walking as my friends wanted to see showflat at sophia road and we were already at a condo at mt sophia so I followed along..who knows we had to climb a long flight of stairs, then walked damn far to reach the showflat. And it was a terrible showflat, have not seen anything worse. Then I had to walk to peace centre to take a cab..super super waste time and energy. Now tummy feeling a little crampy, dun know if i am hungry..my silly decision, should have not followed
sad.gif

milkie, I remember seeing that TMC parentcraft had such daytime nannies... can check with them and see.

cherryale, wah you better take it easy!

cherry, u damn hero lah...can still climb stairs some more. Mt sophia recently come out with a few developments. HOw was the show flat u went to view?? nice not? Is the steps the same one that Mgs girls used to walk when they taking short cut to plaza sing????

Oy, not that I fussy about nanny lah...but seriously the previous one i got when I had YR was really fat, limping, and not very pleasant to look at. And my hub kept complaining that she got a smell. kekekeke

Hey, is your appetite getting better?? still having Morning sickness????

My appetite is really good now.

kitty cat caT, tmc is what?????? why u all like to shoot all these short forms out one? U all think i super know it all ah?

kitty cat...i know what is tmc already. THOMSON MEDICAL CENTREEEEEEE. hee hee ok..thank u.. WIll try to call them on Monday to ask ask .

catz,

thanks for e trouble today..hee went home to try out 1 foundation..keke...seems to be juz nice e colour..you oso on EDM today...v matte looking le!! nice! or your complexion not oily to begin wif??

milk,
aiyoh..your requirements really abit hard to get..maybe ask cherry to suggest?? very seldom got confinement nanny speak ang moh one le..yes i oso heard of day time nanny as catz say..but nvr find out anything abt them b4..

eh you got go for the recent zara sale not?? i found out oo late..didn't manage to get much...

skinnybabe, my friend just recommended one peranakan lady to me so i'll call her later or tomorrow to ask if she'll be available and how old she is. My criteria is based on some reasoning one.

If too fat, I scared can't walk properly and end up being slow. End up I have to wait for her and help her carry things instead.

If too skinny, I scared I kanna lagi depressed after delivery cos I'll confirm be bigger than her.

If too smelly, i scared i have to keep spraying air fresherner in my house then I end up getting overly sensitive nose.

If not pleasant looking, I scared i will get depressed cos seeing pretty things always brighten up anyone's day mah.

See? makes sense mah....

Sexy babe, i confirmed went for the zara sale lah..I went on the 1st day liao. hehehehehehehe I didn't manage to get much things too cos the stuff i like are those that a pregger woman cannot really fit in. But i bought some singlets and big ts to wear for my this pregnancy lor. I also managed to get some simple clothing for my too-ri. I got clothes for YR too. Seriously lah, girls' clothings nicer to buy. Boys' clothing really are boring to the max.

Oh ya, i think more or less our 2nd baby will be called too-ri. My mil called us on the weekend to let us know what names she thought of. It's either Hae-ri or Doo-ri. I told my hub hae-ri sounds like harry. Doo-ri confirmed will end up being called durian by his friends in future. So i psycho-ed my hub to 'pretend' that the registration pple spelt the name wrongly in the birth cert and other documents and call our baby too-ri instead. Korean character and chinese meaning wise, will remain as Doo-ri lah...only in english spelling, we will prefer calling him Too-ri. hahahahaha

babe ah, my EDM was on since 8.30am.. hehe. went for the wedding and too lazy to wash off. Good hor? Glad your colour is OK!

milkie, hehehehehe.. Actually I'm terrified of ppl with BO too. After my PILs sit in our car or come to our house, it takes at least a week to Febreze off the stink leh
sad.gif
Plus they fart freely too. Wah biang. Oh and Too-ri is so cute.. oh and CLEVER GIRL.. I knew you'd figure it out
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

milkie, the worst thing was that the showflat is super lousy and at the price of $1400 to 1700 psf, i got much better choices elsewhere. I also think i am hero man to climb the long flights of stairs, my hb couldnt believe it when I told him my adventure walking from mt sophia to peace centre yesterday cos I am Miss 'Drive everywhere' even when not pregnant
happy.gif
Anyway the units are for investment, mainly 1 and 2 bedrooms. U know the tiny units featured in newspaper recently...will die if stay in those units, feel like in jail.

as for confinement nanny, I am hoping that my CL is not fat or skinny too, pleasant looking and no BO. I will vomit if she has BO
sad.gif
She is 50 yrs old, so shouldnt look too old. Morning sickness is tapering off, i think its cos I didnt eat much, hence triggered by hunger.

I am bringing A to kindermusik again this afernoon, hopefully he dun cry so much today. Prayed for 1 week already
happy.gif

catz, if your inlaws have BO, wouldnt their kids tell them? and farting freely...hmm...my hb does that to me!! And I will complain each time he does it.

milkie, so your Too-ri became a reality
happy.gif
If i am having a girl, I would have her english name and middle name thot of already
happy.gif
If boi, then it will be a problem. As usual thinking of chinese names are not my strengths, so will rely on this aunty who is a retired school principal to suggest
happy.gif

oh one more key consideration when selecting CL, is that she must be the easy going type esp since we are not 1st time mummies who are more willing to take instructions. Those who are too experienced tend to think they are 'know it all' and starts to tell the mummy what to/what not to do...I am definitely not going to have someone that I paid for telling the boss what to do
happy.gif

I will draw up a menu for my CL to follow nearer the date. My previous CL only talked big, said she could cook this and that but I always end up with the same type of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner
sad.gif

cherry, they think they are the cleanest ppl.. buay tahan. My MIL is psycho.. she BOILS their clothes so they are discoloured and wonky looking but never uses soap powder. Every time I go to their place, to locate handsoap is impossible. I have to go and steal my nephew's baby wash to wash hands. No toilet paper also.. so I try not to pee if I'm over there. Hehe. Hb says no point telling them since they think they are so clean already lor.

Yeah easier to think of nice girly names.. actually I kinda regret not pushing my way to give my kids middle names lor.. but at least they will not suffer during exams. Heh.

catzzzzzzzzzzzzz, hmm PILs fart freely??? U don't make me laugh leh. They won't feel paisei in front of you meh? kekekekeke Anywayz, your inlaws don't come over to your place that often so just tahan lor. what to do...also your ILs.

cherry, i think mt sophia area no matter what can still ask for that much cos location considered in town mah. ..except i find mt sophia gives me the creeps, maciam got ghosts like that. My bro's friend bought a unit there for himself last year. He staying alone somemore. Maybe that's why he has to go out everynight after work and drink until almost drunk then go home. kekeke

Eh, fyi hor....we don't subscribe to newspapers at all leh..so i don't know what tiny units u talking about. Don't say tiny units lah, even 3 or 4 bedrooms in the new developments are already pretty claustrophobic for me still.
sad.gif
What to do...marry a chicken, live like a chicken, marry a dog, live like a dog lor. (correct right my chinese idioM????)

Eh, tell leh..wat will u be calling your baby girl ??? hee hee

Regarding chinese name, my Yoo-ri still has no chinese name cos i did c-section and my dad still waiting for moles or some big happening things to happen to YR so that the fortune teller guy can deduce her actual birth date and time and then decide on a name for her. I already give up lah.... my dad really super pantang about such things. also what can i do....my dad mah.

cherry, i also hope to get one CL that doesn't think what she is doing is the right way too. Cos i know many CLs do a lot of old methods of relieving the baby or bathing the baby with some weird water, or don know what else. My hub very anti anything foreign to be applied to baby regardless of what the older folks say. So no such things as ru-yi oil, gripe water, don know what else lah...

I hope to also get a CL that can cook normal food. I don't fancy confinement food. I'm hoping the CL can cook simple chinese foods or spaghetti lah, or anything that is not too lei cheh.

I also intend to put baby #2 on a routine from the start so i don't want nanny to tell me cannot wake the baby up lah, let the baby sleep more lah etc......

catz, why would the kids suffer during exams if they have middle names??????

girl, why don't u buy dettol and ask your mil to wash the clothes with detergent then add dettol in? hot water scary leh...wat if she scalds herself by accident?? aiyoh....

milkie, cos they hv to write out and shade in the boxes for their full name as in BC ... imagine two English names PLUS chinese name.. sekali fail exam 'cos no time to shade all the boxes.. haha.. Hmm... I don't think CLs really know to cook ang mo food hor, so don't get your hopes up. Confinement food is really quite enjoyable.. I quite liked the stuff from Natal
happy.gif
Think you go for the more angmoh type of confinement nurse lor.. just try TMC 'cos I'm guessing they might be nurse-trained. MIL ah, no point telling her 'cos she feels her way is always the best and cleanest way. And as for the farting, YES IT IS TRUE. THey just pooooooot all over the place, no need to pai say. Just hold my breath lor.

catz, oic...now i understand what u mean by suffering during exams. hee hee

Eh, then my hub has to eat confinement food with me ah??? jialat...he confirmed ,will complain like mad. I will definitely call TMC to find out more about the confinement nurses u talking about. But just a query, will being nurse trained make the confinement nurses more open to different methods of so called 'training' the kids? I know a lot of pple not very into the gina ford way of setting the babies up into a routine. My parents definitely not into GF way.

aiya, since u not staying with in laws and ur hub luckily not like them, then u better thank your lucky stars liao. hee hee they fart so much ah? Maybe they taking too much garlic in their diet. hee hee

cherry, you saw our names at the other thread??? hehehe... I got qns to ask them mah. So did you do Oscar test? Me dun feel like doing and since PVL said it's not necc to do it, I gg to call my gynae tom to tell him my decision.
happy.gif
You better rest, cant imagine climbing flights of stairs...

Ah ger, HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!! Where did you go with A and hb to celebrate?

milkie, think normal CL not into ang moh cooking leh.

catz, aiyo... you shd be very thankful that you dun need to stay with your in-laws. Hahaha... Timo wont say out when they fart??? Natal cf food really gd? PVL also recommended it.

Ah ger, happy belated birthday. How come everyone knows it's yoru bday???? u got post meh??? hee hee

Giggs, I FOUND a CL liao. :p :p And she speaks PURRfect english. She used to be a teacher in some playschool so she can babysit YR too while I bfeeding. I told her i wanna eat normal chinese food and just angmoh food, she ok leh. :p :p i very lucky my gf recommended her to me. She only does daytime confinement though and no weekends.

eh, what is confinement food?? mostly fish, gingery and piggy stuff is it?? I remember when i had the CL for a week, she cooked all those food that I've never eaten before...i didn't have much appetite when she was here. Ended up I had to ask my parents to da bao food from crystal or anywhere else they were eating at for my hub and me.

Giggs, why must do oscar test? i thought only 35 years and above then it's necessary to do?

milkie,

toori is a NICE name la!!...duper matching wif the YOORI..

got middle name..exam muz write more..spend more time on writing the name than the paper..muahahha..

eh eh...i tot of names for my future #3..if boy call TYCOON girl call TYPHOON!! nice not nice not?!?!?! muahahhaah

catz ar..
tried EDM for the past 6 hours..dun feel so matte on me..but colour wise still good.nvr really oxidise..so dun look "dirty"..keke...but i lurve the concealor lavender...on the eyes..quite good..dun cake..and v light!

ah ger,
HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!

Ah ger, happy Belated Birthday! share with us what u, hb and A did to celebrate
happy.gif

Catz, thank god you dun have to stay with your inlaws. Havent met anyone who doesnt use soap to wash clothes. And no toilet paper?? how do they wipe themselves when do big biz? Yah, but since they are your inlaws, just got to bear with it. Anyway, u dun meet them often right?

milky, u are fast in getting CL
happy.gif
Congrats!
Yes, i think mt sophia is very eerie at night..haha your bro's friend is funny
happy.gif
Me too, no gripe water for my baby. As for ruyi oil, I used it myself when I get tummy ache and I actually like the smell, so i will have my baby use it too
happy.gif
A still smell of ruyi oil daily..haha
happy.gif

confinement food generally means food that is cooked in lots of ginger, pig trotter in vinegar (which i dun eat) and lots of fish. I told my previous CL that I do not like oily food, so luckily she obeyed my instruction but I just cant stand eating same thing over and almost 2 mths cos I had 40 days confinement and after that she still cooks the same thing for me! My hb doesnt eat those food, he is smarter, he will eat out or go back to his parents place!

gig, I paid 360 for oscar test and there is this additional blood and urine test which cost about 100, think that is compulsory for 1st trimester to screen for hep A, HIV etc. Since my gynae said the oscar test is quite accurate, I just decided to do it.

btw, A was better behaved in class today so decided to sign him up for the rest of the term
happy.gif
we went to the children garden in the evening and A was running around on his own..thank God my hb was there to catch him.

honestly I never had such energy when I was carrying A, most of time I would bum around or laze at home
happy.gif

middle name - since A has middle name, we will have to continue the tradition. actually i also have middle name but it is extremely awful so I took it out from my name years back.

Back