(2007/01) Jan

Munching on my bread now and also bought milo kosong.
happy.gif
I think I dun need to take dinner le. kekeke

Blue_genie,

This is what I got from one of the threads.

Baby's HyperStore:
69 Kaki Bukit Avenue1, Shun Li Industrial Park
Tel: 68441123
customer service tel: 684401188
Bus Hrs: 11-9 (mon-fri) 11-7 (sun & public holiday)

<font color="ff6000">janey</font>, wow u still can ve left over. i finished almost all my meals. i cannot see food, see liao must eat haha

Zenn,
hahaha.. really ar.. i laff too much during lunch time.. maybe thats y cant eat fries anymore after the burger..

Hi, mommies, just testing the response first. My supplier is thinking of bringing in the RL Polo shirt for men and ladies. Think it's the new big polo logo one. Price about $28-32. Would you all be interested to get for yourself and hubby?

Yep. That's why price is not very cheap
happy.gif
Apparently supplier is bringing in the men's one but hesistant about the ladies one, so I told her will sound you mommies out and let her know. Also am checking on the colour available. Once she revert, will let you know.

Again, mommies - Just posting on behalf of supplier. I don't benefit anything
happy.gif

zenn, my ger's CNY dress looks like the number 9 one, but got sleeves.
happy.gif
Bought at $14 though, with underpants.

Hmmm, the other lady seems to be getting a better price, will get if she is orging a BP for this.

Aqua/Rin - Can I just know whether you are interested in the men's or ladies' one? Just to get a rough guage. Won't take it that you all will definitely order
happy.gif

Janey - yes yes, authentic. Am checking some details with lady... what colours available, exact material (honeycomb or cotton type), etc... Will post and send pictures once I know okie
happy.gif

Okie, mommies, some update for now.
Colors available will be white, black, red, green, pink &amp; yellow. They all come in full label &amp; retail tag. Sizes are S-XL. According to supplier, she heard frm a mummy taht she saw outside selling cheapest is $48.00. Now checking whether it's cotton type material or honeycomb type and whether sizes are as per normal Polo sold in shops.

Can interested mums (Aqua/Rin/Janey/Kate) PM me so I can forward you the photos once I have them. In case the thread moves too fast and I can't trace back to your request
happy.gif

Hi gals,

A list of things to buy to prepare yourselves and baby.
Baby bathing
Baby Wipes (Pigeon)
Baby bath tub
Bath mat
Bath towel 4-6
Bath sponge (optional, small cotton handkerchief from Chinatown would suffice)
Baby soap/ bath lotion (Johnsons baby milk bath recommended, use very little for each bath) ( &amp; Lactacyd Liquid for pouring to the water need not wash away.)
Baby shampoo (not necessary as bb too small)
Baby vest
Disposable diapers (Pampers Newborn recommended for night use) (Nepia soft cotton)
Baby blanket
Cotton diapers
Cotton buds / cotton wool (to clean bb face and mummy's nipple for BF)
Sterile thermoplastic tray with swabs &amp; swabsticks
A jug of cool boiled water
Polythene bag for soiled diapers (plastic bag)
Baby oil (not really needed)
Baby changing mat / Rubber mat
Dish / container (to wash babys face)
Baby powder with puff (J &amp; J baby powder recommended)
Tissue paper

Care of the Umbilical Cord Stump (Optional as the hospital will provide everything)
Sterile swab applicators
Sterile cotton swabs
Sterile container for cord spirit
Cord spirit

Laundry for Baby Clothes
Buckets with lids
Nappy detergent (Pigeon no nice smell)
Nappy softener (not necessary)
Basket for baby laundry
Clothes hanger for drying (not necessary)

Feeding Baby
Milk bottles &amp; 2 - 4 small sized teats (nuk teats) (empty glass milk bottle/caps/caps with hole for teats get from hospital as many as possible) to contain your breast milk
Bottle scrub brush
Warmer cum carrier bag
Thermometer (to use when baby is unwell)
Large pan/pot (for sterilising)
Tongs (to handle hot bottles)
6-Bottle Electric Steam Steriliser (optional)
Milk containers

Accessories
Playpen
Walker 7-8 mths
Stairgates when bb knows how to walk
Rubber protectors when bb knows how to walk
Highchair -7-8mths
Bouncer -later
Stroller (Mac Claren around $300+)
Baby carrier / Baby sling
Pram

Toys &amp; Playstuff
Rattle
Mirror
Baby gym

Mummy Care
Maternity Dress/ 4 -6 Pyjamas with Front opening for breast feeding
Nursing bra 4 -6
Breast cream (Medela Purelan is good. From Robinsons, kiddy palace)
Cotton balls (Sterile)
Nursing pads (Pigeon is good. Tollyjoy is lousy)
Disposible panties (heavy menses might last till 6 weeks or more)
Sanitary pads (Whisper - Long Ultra dry or Sofy recommended)
Bedroom slippers
Painkillers (with doctors prescription only)
Breast pump
Sensitivity from Husband
Care and assurance from husband

Other optional items
Plastic bowl/ container, 10-12 inch diameter for both baby and mother.
Electrical Flask (autoboil), quick access to boiling water for milk
Thermoflask without autoboil, for mums drinking water
Claypot or double boil claypot for mums confinement soup
Claypot or earthenware for cooking pigs trotters in ginger and black vinegar
2 pails for mums bathing and face cleansing.

Checklist of Purchases
Babys Room
Babys Cot
Wind-up mobiles/ Merry-go-round
Mattress
Blanket
Bumper
Cot sheets
Mattress protector
Changing table (optional)
Cupboard or Chest of Drawers
Clothes
Pacifiers (optional)
Mittens 4 -6
Bootees 4 - 6
Nappy cloth (Johnsons and Pigeon recommended. Can use to wrap baby)
Nappy liners (1 box of 100 pieces is enough. Can be re-used)
Cotton buds
Blouse/shirts - long and short sleeves (4-6)
Suits - pants and long shirts (4-6)
Handkerchief - 2-3 dozens
Safety pins
Face towels
PILCHERS (pants worn over nappies)
A basket full of diaper/cotton balls etc.
Thermometer (Check room temperature) before the 1st 5-in-1/6-in-1 jab
Nail clippers
Drapolene cream to prevent nappy rash - recommend Desitin can only be purchase from singhealth polyclinic at $11 or $13 plus.
Oil for wind (Ru yi or White Tree Oil)
Ziplock bags for checkups and outings. Use to store soiled pampers or nappies.
Woodwards Gripe Water

Everyone is busy buying things for their BB but dont forget must buy something for yourselves too:
1. Swimming float Sit on it during cfmt to reduce sharp pain on the vagina esp for vaginal birth.
2. Chicken Essence During cfmt take 1 bottle every morning to makes you look healthy.
3. Dai Fo Nai (Herbal Bath) Can use it during cfmt period to expel wind and improving blood circulation, relieving muscular ache and joints and reducing mild itch. Can get it from any medical hall. (Should be S$1.00/pkt)
4. Disposable maternity panties.
5. Disposable maternity pads.

hi mummies,

anyone using the egg washing machine(i.e. the mini washing machine)? I'm thinking of getting it for washing baby's clothes as my MIL's washing machine is very large capacity, wonder if it's necessary or if it's big enough. MIL says it's a bit small (can wash up to 1l of clothes). Comments, feedback?

ashleymom, think i have some guy friends who will also be interested in the RL polo tees. will ask around. wonder if the supplier can give BP price if more are ordering. if dun mind i would like to see the pics too
happy.gif

just had lunch! and bought back some doughnuts. haiz! the haze seems to be better but the unwellness doesn't seem to go away urgh!

Sherl - Actually baby's clothes are very clean and if you wash everyday, actually not many pieces (maybe 2 sets of day clothes + 1 set of pjs + hankies). No need to use a separate washing machine, just handwash - saves electricity also
happy.gif
Moreover if their clothes are dirty, it's from milk stains usually so all the more you will wanna wash everyday.

ashley mom,
I'll be using cloth nappies, so my daily laundry load could be slightly heavier... kekekeke. On weekdays ger will be over at my mom's so she'll do the washing, but weekends she'll be at home so I'll do the washing.

Okie, supplier has not ordered yet coz scared response poor. But if order, shipment should be next week. What she knows is that the shirts are custom fit and comes in the 6 colours I mentioned ie. white, black, red, green, pink &amp; yellow. She only has pictures of 3 colours - black, white and yellow. Maybe the rest of the colours you gals may wanna check out from town.

For those who PM me, will be emailing you the pictures in a while. FYI - If we want to order, gotta order soon so the shipment can come with some of her other stocks. I'll be on leave this Fri and next Mon so won't access email from Fri onwards. So decide soon and let me know. Will ask her for a lower price, if possible.
happy.gif

SHerl - sure will use cloth nappies or not?
happy.gif
I bought 2 packs for my 1st one, thinking save $$ and better for baby's butt. In the end, whole day attend to baby - breastfeeding, baby poopoo, baby this baby that... never even use 1 piece
happy.gif
Also realise the convenience of disposable nappies. Anyway just my 2 cents worth
happy.gif

Ashley mom,

Think I will use la, coz somemore my mom is looking after ger for me, so she will surely use one. kekekekekekekekeke...

Ashley mom, but dunno what size we wear leh, scali give birth already fat fat how?
sad.gif
I also stand by cloth nappies but in the end never use. Too busy with breastfeeding etc.

Aqua/Rin/Janey/Kate/Snow - emailed you ladies the photos already. Check it out. For now, the men's shirt is $32 while the ladies is $28 (excluding of postage). Will do my best to ask for a lower price coz I'm getting 2 pieces for hubby also
happy.gif

sherl u &amp; aquarius keep telling me abt food. u said tim sum. then aqua mentioned polar de chicken pie... ai yo.. hungry leh....

Aquarius - I think can take the normal pre-pregnancy size lah. Usually even if remain fat, it's the bottom and tummy but polo shirts are not tight fitting so shouldn't be a problem.

Sherl, ur mom will helping to look after ur girl and hence using cloth nappies? then how many cloth nappies will be needed? got some cloth nappies but gonna use them to spread on the baby cot everyday as baby's skin is sensitive, to lay baby when changing clothes after bath and also newborns head v soft so not gonna use pillows rightaway, but will fold the napkin to let bb's head rest on it. not too sure if any heard of that but it's wad my aunt and cousin taught o_O

mommies, anyone has any remedies for chestpains/shortness of breathe/dizziness? seems like very common as nearing/already at 3rd trimester. doctor's med doesn't seem to do shit
sad.gif

This is so true and touching.
happy.gif

TO ALL MUMMIES:

Before I was a Mum
I made and ate hot meals.
I had unstained clothing.
I had quiet conversations on the phone.

Before I was a Mum
I slept as late as I wanted
And never worried about how late I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was a Mum
I cleaned my house each day.
I never tripped over toys or forgot words of lullabies.

Before I was a Mum
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations

Before I was a Mum
I had never been puked on
Pooped on
Spit on
Chewed on
Peed on
Or pinched by tiny fingers

Before I was a Mum I had complete control of:
My thoughts
My body
And my mind
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mum
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mum
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mum.

Before I was a Mum
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a Mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
Could make me feel so important.

Before I was a Mum
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
Every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay
I had never known the warmth
The joy
The love
The heartache
The wonder
Or the satisfaction of being a Mum.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mum.

Snow - actually if read those baby books, they will say no pillows and bolsters for babies below 1 year old. For me, I got this flat padding thingy (dunno how to describe) from pharmacy to lie baby's head. Mainly so that if baby vomit milk, it won't dirty the cot sheet.

Aqua - Wow, that really sums up everything about being a mum. I think will be really meaningful for 1st time mummy to read this again a few months after their baby is borned... will realise how very true it is.

Back