(2007/01) Jan

Hi cashewnut, just to share. Initially, my gal also had the same problem, i.e. she only pooed in diaper. After a while, I decided that this shldn't go on and refused to put on diaper for her anymore. However, I wld carry her to the toilet and lift her up over the bowl every time she indicated she wanted to poo. She struggled and pooed only a little initially. After a few times, she seemed to get it and I slowly relaxed to let her sit down. Now, she can poo in the toilet by herself. Hope this helps.

hi,

any mummy can teach how to clean the wooden toys? for the plastic toys, i will sink into soap water n wash & dry, but i have no idea how to clean wooden toys? Recently I got a lot of wooden toys given by brother's sister. need to clean n let kids to play. need advise how to clean them b4 let them play. thanks!

hui - u not lazy lah cos belle still pee n poo in diaper.
when at home, she will tell me she needs to pass motion, we will make a mad dash to the potty n she can still tell me she needs a story book but when u take off e diaper.. e poo already there (she always tell us she wants to poo but e poo already in e diaper liao).. n she will still sit on e potty with e story book 4 a while then tell me she finish liao *faint*

same with e pee too.. so till now, we think she still dun understand or not ready yet.

hui, no need to stress urself. when they r ready, they will b willing to do so

karen, i just wipe wif wet cloth n leave it to dry

Hui, Owen was forced to do so cos he has diaper rash problem, even now he is only wearing the diaper for his nap & nite time, he still develope diaper rash..

Karen, I m lazy mama, i never wash the wooden toy, i just open n let my boy play..

i see.... thanks mummies for sharing... coz i think i super lazy... dread the idea of jk making a mess n physically now not very mobile to always clean his mess n also bend up n down.

jen, cashewnut,
your delivery dates coming so soon. wish both of u very smooth delivery.... btw, i don't think both of u have problem of leaving belle & owen in the care of others when u deliver right?? i am worried coz jk never stay with others without one of us ard... haven't really tot of a good idea how to settle him if i deliver ard midnight.....hmmmm.... any ideas?

hui, maybe you can have grandparents come over your place to stay with JK when you deliver so that at least he is still in a familiar environment?

or you can start having them come over and stay for a few hrs with both of you away so that JK get familiarised with them?

lawpei,
too bad both sides grandparents dun really know how to take care or communicate with jk. jk sees them once a week only. jk can play with cousins/aunties but when comes to sleep, BIG problem. he needs either me or dad. coz he still sleeps in our bed, n he can really sense our smells. i really hope my husband can stay by my side this time round coz 1st time delivery he's overseas.

hui,

u slowly let JK sleep alone. u still have 3month to train him.
on the 2nd last month b4 i delivery, I train WH sleep at the floor matteress in the nap. 2wk later, i train him sleep at floor nite time ( i will sleep on bed he sleep on the floor matress). i told him didi inside tummy, scare he will kick didi, so let him sleep below. i will hold his hand when he sleep. slowly i tell him hand pain so din hold anymore. i believe during this age, they can understood le. just try n try. must harden ur heart.
JTS, when i delivery, i admit to MAH at 9pm. (i made him sleep at 8pm. nite time my sis sleep with him w/o his notice. my hb accompany me till 5am then go back. 6.30am pick him to hospital meet me. they wait outside. bcos i m on the way to delivery baby.** u can ask ur sis-in-law accopany JK wait outside then ur hb can go in??** ) after i gave birth then they come in together n see didi... **sorry long story**)

After i gave birth, he sleep with dad in another room. this month, he can sleep alone nite/day at a room already.

HI Hui

Actually, we never really planned on the 'sleepover' portion.

if day time, just leave her with either parent who is 'on duty' dat day.
if in e mid of e night, we just 'packed' her up n put at whoever is 'on duty' e next day.
which is wat we r doing just (normal day) just dat e timing will be earlier only if delivery in e early hrs.

Frankily, when u in labour, u really ve no choice or option on this.
either u let JK get's hubby or u get him.
think JK can tahan 1 night without either of u, just dat e person who is looking after him may ve to 'tough' it out for 1 night.

u can start to tell him that hubby n u maybe away from him at a certain day to bring his brother back etc..
i ve been telling belle dat next mth i'll be staying with nai nai n she will come home with daddy for e night, will see her in e morning n she ve to behave n look after daddy 4 me etc.. she said ok, she will look after him etc..

hi jen, karen,
thanks for the sharing what u will be doing /or have did. i guess i would really have no choice on this. like u said, either i get hubby or jk gets hubby. so hopefully it'd be a daytime thing for things to work out.

i also feel jk's stickiness n jealousy is slowly showing... today bring him to playgroup he actually cried when i left him there, which never happen before. N he also wanted LOTS of hugs before he goes to sleep, also wanted me to carry him quite abit. had slight staining last week due to overworking on housework, so now trying not to carry him too much in case trigger contraction n lead to preterm labour...**sigh**

hui - dun ve this stickness or jealousy from Belle..
sad.gif

nowadays on wkend when we went out with my IL n when we sent them home, Belle actually will alight n go stay over at their house.. not even a backward glance at us, we ve to tell her to give us hugs n kisses b4 she can go over n stay.. (sad leh), e 1st time she did dat, hubby n i din sleep well e whole night cos we missed her
sad.gif

if we dun let her, she will cry on e way home but after dat will be ok.

Hui, I planning to get my PIL to come over my place if I deliver at nite.. Owen has this problem that he needs only me if i m around the house, he dun even wan his daddy to sleep with him, but if i m not around, he is ok with his daddy or PIL.. now my real problem is during my confinement day, i dun think i can stay in the air-con room with him cos doing the confinement.. we have been training him to sleep only with daddy for month but no success.. I oso dun wan bcos of my confinement, he have to change his sleeping time means drag him till very late n tire, then he will fall at sleep very fast by then..

jen, cashewnut,
lucky for both of u that belle n owen can stay with PILs. jk can't. guess likely due to the reason tt both u are working n PILs took care of them while u r away. both of u can deliver without much worries then. so good.

hui,
MAH delivery suite outside got sofa /tv can let ppl sit n wait. If u deliver on day time, just ask ur sister in law or parents take care of JK outside there. Then ur hb can accompany with u in the labour suite. It is our 2nd birth, it will be faster. So I believe JK can tahan at there. Of cos, beside u pack ur D bag, u also need to pack a bag for JK (hahaha... i did it for WH, inside got toys, books and all his like tibits.... when i was at hospital, he look like pinic at there :D)

but, also dun worry too much. "船 到 桥 头 自 然 直 "- chuan dao qiao tou zi ran zhi. I believe jk can co-operate well with u when u delivery. i understood ur feel. becos we are at same boat.
happy.gif

Hi hi hi!!!! I've gone MIA for the longest time. Blame it on this company that I'm with, super bz!

How's everybody?!
happy.gif
So happy to hear the good news from so many mummies and 1 daddy! :p

M being driven crazy by the twins day in day out. They're in their terrible, horrible twos, tho' I've a nagging suspicion that there will continue to be terrible threes, fours, etc, sigh! But JonJon is such a delight, seldom cries, unless he's feeling hot, or hungry. And he absolutely adores his older siblings, chuckling to himself when he watches them play and sign! *hials hiaks*
happy.gif

hi alethea,
long time no see. have visited your blog and have been wondering how come no updates. hope to see more updates soon. cheers.

*peep*
Hiya everybody!!!
dun just pop in leh, chat!!!
wakakaka.....

Barney is coming to town!!! 15% for toysrus star card members.

hi mummies & mummies' bao-bei(s),

pop in say hello to all of you too!
happy.gif

Milderina,
when is Barney's arrival? Where to see the show venues and date/time? My gal loves Barney more than she loves me ...... kekekekeke

Hi mummies, I m still around.. really bore at the waiting game.. my edd 16 May but there is no sign as at now..

Hi mummies who sent your kids to childcare, will your kids fall sick easily?? Wat do you do to prevent your kids falling sick??

Owen is falling sick every month, and he is crying everyday heading to school, FIL cant bear to see that so decided to withdraw him next month onwards.. I have a hard time to take care of him when he fall sick..

hi cashewnut,
since bb wants to stay inside longer, edd not yet here, wait lor. for me, opposite, i'm so frightened the bb will come out before 37 weeks, have been telling him to stay inside for another 9 weeks more.

not sure how to increase kid's immune system, but most mummies gave vitamins or si shen powder from eu yan sang add into food?.. his crying due to he don't like school or what? coz jk cry for few days last mth, guess he probably needs assurance that the little baby is not taking over my attention from him... but i also intend to stop him for PG from june-august until he's ready n settled in with a new brother.

cashewnut,
u are not alone, my WH also sick every month. haiz... heart pain is he always sick with high fever (~39)+cough+ running nose.
sad.gif
this time see TCM, advice me try not to let him go to PG till he fully recover else it will develop to ashma (xiao4 chuan3) and other illness. bcos 2yr old still young. I envy some of the kids inside PG nvr sick b4. Knowing that they eat cheese, cod liver oil. so i try to let him eat this from now onwards. also some will let their kid having flu vac jab, did u? for me, i don't have leh....

Dun mind i share my opinion. if u ok to handle 2kids, try not to let owen go to cc after u gave birth for the bb's first 3 month. (according to PD, for the first 3 month of a bb, try not to let them sick. it's my concern, that's y i let WH go to PG when didi complete vac jab~ 5month old) as when toddler sick, quite easy spread to baby. like my case, WH 1st time go to PG and sick, then 2nd day my baby also kenna sick. But luckily it happend when bb having all jabs (bb is 5month+) but due to he is <6month old, PD din give any med, must depend on himself recover from flu and cough. Fever taken the pink fever med. To me, really not easy to take care 2 kids w/o helper when they sick at same time. and gor gor like to play with didi, that's y cannot prevent gorgor spread virus to didi lor.

Hui, i oso pray for bb to stay inside b4 turning 37 wks, my gynea say i got mild contraction, bb might come out anytime, but after 37 wks, i wait n wait, bb still dun wan to come out.. i remember owen oredi out at this point of time, he come out 10 days earlier than edd..

Hui &amp; Karen, I m thinking to let owen to take cod liver oil too.. need to search around for that.. owen oso keep falling sick with fever + running nose + cough.. we are going to hire a maid for PIL.. so we might just withdraw him until he turn nursery or kindergarten.. As for crying, think he just dun like to go school, I myself oso find the school programme is too bore.. he start crying when FIL bring him out of the house and heading to school, he is crying all the way to school, FIL too heart pain to see that so he susggest to withdraw him, i dun mind it since he willing ti help to take care of him with the 2nd come along..

hihi...

think i m v ks mummy. i gave estelle flu jab b4 attending PG and she is taking fish oil, vit &amp; cordyceps.

hui, i tot JK enjoys going to sch? y wanna withdraw?

Milderina, when Barney coming??

Want to form GB for ticket??
wahaha!

Baby Janson can memorize all the Barney CD he had liao...
Die Hard Fan!

zenn,
jk likes playgroup, but i'm temporarily stopping him for few mths coz no one to bring him to playgroup, i'm getting heavy bringing him to school, also confinement, no one bring him, also tot he might feel more secured by putting him at home and bonding with his bb bro. once see he's okay n settled, will re-start him for PG again.

<font size="+1">Hey, Happy Mother's Day to All Mothers!!! </font> Enjoy the day.

Hi mummies

some of u going for barney show?
should ve checked here 1st cos i just went online yesterday n got tics for fri (050609) show @ 4.30pm... anyone wants to join us?

Jen, u will finish ur confinement by then?? are you inducing your bb?? how long it takes for your this labour?? my bb still dun wan to come out, scare he getting too big now..

cashewnut - i delivered my boy on the 3rd of may so by then i just finished :p
din induce cos we 'tried' e natural inducing method.. (walking)

Fri - walked 1hr plus in botanic garden
Sat - morn : walked at @ kid's garden in botanic garden (closed to 2 hrs)
evening: walked from my house to singapore sport school on e way also climb a small hill then walked to dinner n home (think got 2hrs plus)

Sun - morn (5 plus) labour pain (almost 5mins apart when awake)
went to hosp already 5cm dilated but cos think walked too much so too tired to concentrated by 10 plus asked for epid liao
sad.gif

initially gyne said will be ard 2 - 3plus will delivered but ended up after 6pm then delivery.. she commented abit 'long' for a 2nd child n said 'luckily u opt for epid'

if u scared bb too big, try to walk 'alot' or another way is intimacy with hubby to 'speed' things up..

ve yr mucus plug release? my gyne 'released' it 4 me on e thurs b4 my delivery.

Jen, no ler, i do not know wat is mucus plug release n my gynea din do anything.. i did try to walk as much as i can but dun think i walk as much as u do.. i have been carry my boy too, but all these no use till now..

hi,
any mum can share what brand of vit and fish oil u gave ur kid? where can buy? in the market too many see till my eyes blur liao...

HOwdy mummies!

msworri/ iceblue,
u can find it in www.sistic.com.sg.
i think there is 12 characters in this show. quite ex though the tix. ard $70 over for the better seats. i remember the last time i brought Charlene for barney only show $20 over or something nias. the shows is ard june holidays.

kate,
yes, got bob the builder. think jen already booked her tickets.

karen,
eh i giving charlene this vit C my GP receommended mi, i think call chewette or something.

Mildy - thks.

Karen - i gave Kerryn the Vit C (same brand as Mildy GP recommendation), Sambucol, multivitamins (chewable type) and also dong cong chow power type.

hey,
its been a long time since mummies last chat here.... miss those days... is everybody getting on okay? saw from blog quite a number of kids getting sick? jk too, had fever, cough n running nose for the past week, miss playgroup. now still have running nose to recover...

the multi-vitamins that u all are saying, are they pro-biotics?? i am thinking of buying too, but too many, dunno which ones are the sweets type which i can get jk to eat?

hi hui,

my PD recommend me to let kid drink pediasure or dumex all in 1 milk powder. He say no need buy extra multi vit or fish oil or DHA. I also blur.... but i check the milk powder really consist a lot of things... any mum let ur kid drink it?

hi zenn,
same here... jk's running nose also not fully recovered. he had missed his PG since last monday, only left 3 more days then his school days would temp stop for quite long time.

karen,
i'm giving jk pediasure due to his underweight. but he only drinks abt a cup daily...think not much help in increasing his weight, but at least something. other then that, he's not taking any supplements.

mummies, estelle been havin constipation. do u think i should change the milk powder?

karen, estelle been taking enfalac. nv try the 2 mentioned.

zenn,
u tried giving her glucolin? when jk has constipation, will add this to his plain water, but not too much of coz. N high fibre fruits?

Hi mummies,

Had induce bb Javier on 18 May (2days overdue), weight 3kg. Insert the pill at 10am with 2cm dilation but wait until 5pm dilate only 3cm, dr came n break the water bag, then everything go so fast that i gav birth 1 hr later..

Now doing confinement at home with the killing wheather and killing renovation noise.. still got 21 days to go.. going crazy liao..

Back