(2007/01) Jan

good morning mummies.

<font color="ff0000">cashewnut</font>,
thank you!!

<font color="0000ff">kate</font>,
u r so early today!

Hi Mummies, my ger is a jan bb. Jus called JWT, there is a slot tml @ 9am. Appreciate if u can squeeze me in for yr trial on 15th instead.

Thanks

Hi Lynn, so sorry the 15 March 1pm slot is full. Names of mommies and babies already sent to JWT. JWT advised us not to have more than 15 babies for safety reasons.

Hi aquarius_888,

Sheree(e staff) was telling me max can reach 16-18 bbs...
Haiz so sad now. The timing she gave me is almost impossible 9AM!

Thanks anyway
Jus miss a chance to see all of u again.

Hi Lynn, I spoke with Sheree and she told me 16-18 too but Philomena, the boss, told me it's better to stick to 15 babies.
happy.gif

hi cashewnut,
long time never see u .. i also wish can have 2nd one, but now JK still not wean off BM yet. chances almost zero now. hahaha...

HFMD

The virus that Malcolm &amp; Matthan caught has passed to their cousins of age 2.5 and 11mths.

The younger one seems to have more ulcers and blisters. Poor boy.

<font color="aa00aa">bbmilk</font>,

ai yo! poor baby!
their mother muz be very worried.

sometimes lor... need to catch bus so tat can go home earlier. kekeke....

hi mummies...
thread has been quiet recently.

ICy,
yo ho... here here....

that time all of u are talking abt MMR, so our bbies will be due for MMR soon lor? Darrius is having that on 11th April.... anyone earlier than that date? Asked Pd on the Austic which some mummies mentioned.... but he said rubbish wor... but anyway, is a matter of time whether early or later....

yo msn,
i have checked with my colleagues who has 3 kids age from 2 mths - 5 yr old.

her 1st 2 kids had jab MMR. they are doing fine leh.

Icy,

Generally I don't recommend wikipedia as a totally reliable source of information, but it does provide info in a very digestible form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMR_vaccine_controversy

Must check out the references also, think in this case many good references were provided.

But to sum it up, the study which claimed that MMR causes autism was in 1998. Numerous studies since then have come up with results contrary to the original study. Of course one can never say a definite yes or no in medical science, but the latest indications are that the original study was flawed and has no basis.

You also need to consider that it was easy to link up MMR to autism coz many behavioural disorders such as autism only beginning to surface around the time that the babes start taking MMR, so chances are it is a coincidence.

I have also read somewhere recently that the doctor who did the original study is being sued for perpetuating the false impression inside the original study, but I can't get the article offhand. Will go look for it when I have time.

I will be letting Claire take MMR once it's confirmed that she no longer has an allergy to eggs.
happy.gif

Hi Aqua,

Thanks for the update. Hope my gal can make more little frds in future...
happy.gif

RE : MMR
My gal had her mmr jab right aft she turned 1... Tat's y din turn up for the GUG Trial cos she was feverish. Hmm... think mummies here can set their mind at ease for the MMR.
happy.gif

lynn,
I juz bought my son for hep a and chicken pox vac on 1st Mar, the Pd said fever will set in after 10days (if have). So is the same case as MMR lor....

Sherl,
Wow you info is useful... exactly PD oso think that the Austism saying is those pple who is against injection that they come out with so many things etc... he said, you come out with something there will sure be pple against it de... even other vacinations... got side effect.
Haha.... well, since he's ok to go for it... we oso Ok with it.

JWT Kids Gym (CONFIRMED)

http://www.jwtkids-singapore.com/index.html

Private Trial Class (Min 15 babies)
Trial Fee: NIL (It's Free!)

Date: 15 March 2008, Saturday

Time: 1.00-1.45pm

Venue: JWT Kids Gym @ 5 Stadium Walk, #02-02/03 Leisure Park, Kallang

1. aquarius &amp; Deszi (Confirmed)
2. sherl &amp; Claire (Confirmed)
3. icylemon &amp; Rachel (Confirmed)
4. sugarbean &amp; Kimi (Confirmed)
5. zenn &amp; Estelle (Confrmed)
6. msn_queen &amp; Darrius (Confirmed)
7. janey &amp; Alyssa (Confirmed)
8. charmaine &amp; Kienan (Confirmed)
9. mymelody &amp; Shayna (Confirmed)
10. jenbibi &amp; Isabelle (Confirmed)
11. faeriekim &amp; En Bi(confirmed)
12. Poo_power &amp; Alexander (confirmed)
13. Yosimite &amp; Ian (confirmed)
14. nana &amp; Ryan (confirmed)
15. JanMum &amp; Karis (confirmed)

Waiting List

1. Alethea &amp; Shannen
2. Alethea &amp; Jayden

morning mummies!
happy.gif

aqua:
thx for helping to organise this trial!
do you know if there is there anything extra that we need to bring along for this class?

Mummies,

I have Isetan vouchers for sale..
$50 - Valid till 31 May 2008 (10% disc)
$50 - Valid till 30 Nov 2008 (5% disc)
$150 - Valid till 31 Mar 2009 (5% disc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

I intend to delay my girl's MMR injection to 18 mths, as heard from my colleague that there might be a link of MMR to autism. Also heard that if I recall correctly Raffles hospital comes up with 3 separate injections for this MMR.

JWT Kids Gym (CONFIRMED)

http://www.jwtkids-singapore.com/index.html

Private Trial Class (Min 15 babies)
Trial Fee: NIL (It's Free!)

Date: 15 March 2008, Saturday

Time: 1.00-1.45pm

Venue: JWT Kids Gym @ 5 Stadium Walk, #02-02/03 Leisure Park, Kallang

1. aquarius &amp; Deszi (Confirmed)
2. sherl &amp; Claire (Confirmed)
3. icylemon &amp; Rachel (Confirmed)
4. sugarbean &amp; Kimi (Confirmed)
<font color="ff0000">5. zenn &amp; Estelle (CANNOT MAKE IT)</font>
6. msn_queen &amp; Darrius (Confirmed)
7. janey &amp; Alyssa (Confirmed)
8. charmaine &amp; Kienan (Confirmed)
9. mymelody &amp; Shayna (Confirmed)
10. jenbibi &amp; Isabelle (Confirmed)
11. faeriekim &amp; En Bi (Confirmed)
12. Poo_power &amp; Alexander (Confirmed)
13. Yosimite &amp; Ian (Confirmed)
14. nana &amp; Ryan (Confirmed)
15. JanMum &amp; Karis (Confirmed)

Waiting List

1. Alethea &amp; Shannen
2. Alethea &amp; Jayden

hi mummies,
whose in the thread today?
i'm reading abt 1 BIG NEWS in SMH forum now. update u all later after i find out what's happening.

hi hui

i happen to be online today... oh dear.... have to be aware of this person then... Anyway it's good to know that the moderator has posted this note to keep us aware and be informed...

Hi mummies,

When do you plan to bring your bbs to playgroup sessions near your house? Or do you plan to just bring your bb to enrichment centres?

Mummies who already have two kids and more, any advice from you?
happy.gif

Hi Girls,

I've a piece of news to share....I'm preggers
happy.gif
Was it planned? Yes, definitely! Just that we didn't reckon that we would strike jackpot on our 1st attempt (tawt that it was prob. gonna take about 6 months before we got lucky). Is it gonna be twins again? Haha, nope, this time, it's a singleton, due in Sep
happy.gif

Wow.. congrats Alethea!

Hehe I thought the word you mentioned "preggers" with the additional alphabet "s" means you are pregnant with a twins again
happy.gif

Very happy and heartwarming to hear about good news on preggie recently
happy.gif
Congrats!

hey alethea babe!!

finally you announced le. kekeke... waiting for you to join us in the list only...

who's next?? mildy?? sugarbabe??

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">CONGRATULATIONS!! LET'S CELEBRATION!!</font></font>

Mummies,

I have Isetan vouchers for sale..
$50 - Valid till 31 May 2008 (10% disc) ((SOLD))
$50x1 - Valid till 30 Nov 2008 (5% disc)
$50x3 - Valid till 31 Mar 2009 (5% disc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, hui, janmum, melody and icy!
happy.gif

Icy, gynae said the weekly foetal growth gauge has yet to stabilise so just take it as the last week of Sep.

Back