2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

chloe,
Thanks, RR also confirmed no front fastening, so I changed to XL size instead since I still insist on buying...hee hee...my first online purchase for baby stuff. I also notice that I've been dreaming a lot too. I read that MTBs tend to dream more due to the many feelings/changes they are going through, and since we wake up more frequently during the night, we also tend to remember more of our dreams.

I've also been feeling some indigestion these past few days...normally i digest fast and get hungry fast, but today kept feeling full...no hunger pangs...dunno why...have to make myself eat at the regular mealtimes.

twinsmom,
I also find my heart racing very fast. I'm quite surprised sometimes when I just wake up and find my pulse racing, since I thought we should be relaxed afer having slept for the whole night. I understand that our preggie bodies are increasing the blood supply for our babies development, so probably for us carrying multiples, it's even more pronounced.

trips,
you poor thing...guess it's very scary for us to experience all these new things during our pregnancy and we don't know how to cope. Maybe you can try to play some soothing music or watch tv to distract yourself? Or ask your hubby to hold you a while.

all mummies,
I know it's hard when we feel so xinku having all these symptoms (and earlier) when our singleton preggie friends don't seem to have any such problems, but we must remind each other to look on the bright side...not only are we preggie, we are having multiples too! As it's not that common to have multiples, let's try to enjoy our special 9 mths as the time does fly very quickly. Next thing we know, we'll have delivered our precious babies and will be caught up in the next phase. Think I'll miss the wonderful feeling of being pregnant. Jia you, all multiple MTBs!!
kao_babydust.gif

Hmm, it's getting late...must be the reason I'm getting so sentimental and lor sor...
lame.gif
Nite nite, ladies!

Good morning all,
Think i m the only early bird here, I go to bed by 10+ and wake up early, I wish i could sleep a little longer.

Lets all have a happy Sunday
523728.gif

Hi Twinsmom
U are so early
happy.gif
and always brigthen our day with your lovely pict and smiles
happy.gif

Yest got the news that my hubby 2nd uncle passed away on fri nite. It's very sudden. My hubby wants us to go pay last respects. I told him Im not suitable to attend those wakes. He say I'm too supertitious. But this morning, we managed to contact my MIL and MIl told HB that both of us not compulsary to go. Only his two sisters must go.
During pregnancy, better don't attend funeral, wedding and bb 1st mth celebration. Some ppl believe but still up to individual. It's better be safe than sorry.

Sisters
Anyone heard bout Dr Benjamin Tham from KKH? Since Dr Tony Tan is leaving and I switching gynae. Dr SF Loh is very professional and good but worry will be too ex.

Hi twinsmom
I was thinking whether can input more details in the table? Can add week (meaning our scan on that week e.g 14week) and CRL/weight? It would be really sweet and heartwarming to share our bbs growth each time
happy.gif

let me know yr comments.

9w6d

hi cocoa, I am fine just pretty sleepy most of the time as I am mostly up almost every hour due to the twins different feedomg time and crying. Can't wait for them to grow out of this phase....
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">twinsmom</font>, I had that blackout experience in my 1st trimester. Had to psycho myself to walk steadily back home (from the mall nearby) and not keep over, for the sake of the babies. I had to totally lean my hubby and rest every 5-10 mins before I made it back home. The feeling was definitely worse than my nausea spells! But things are definitely much better now that I'm in my 2nd trimester, save for some bouts of nausea in the morning.

Besides what qoo_gal suggested, should we have another column for our BBs' names?

<font color="119911">Chloe</font>, u've got to keep doing the pelvic floor exercise to strengthen your muscles down there. Else, incontinence sets in.

<font color="ff6000">Choco, Chloe</font>, I've just ordered 2 sets of M (Boys &amp; Girls), which according to RR, are meant for 6-month olds. So, u reckon I should keep these or quickly inform RR to upsize? THe M should still be pretty big for newborns, so should have room to fit their necks in, right? How, ah? SHould I quickly go change to L?

Do you all have problems sleeping at night? I've no problems entering into slumber, but I keep waking up in the middle of the night, and find myself lying on my back (I always force myself to sleep on my left). Then I've to adjust back to the left, but it's trying to get back to sleep and I usually end up falling asleep only after an hour or 2 of tossing around. In the ned, I always end up at work with feeling terribly tired and nauseous in the morning....

<font color="0000ff">22</font><font color="ff0000">we</font><font color="aa00aa">eks</font>

Hi Alethea,
About the rompers, hmm...up to you whether you want to change, 'cos RR said a lot of mummies ordered the M sizes from her and that it fits up to 6mths. As for me, since MIL not that keen on using those pullover type even for 6mths, so I compromise by switching from M to XL instead. Thought they looked very sweet and couldn't resist buying, but yet not sure about their exact sizes so went straight for XL...Guess will just have to keep it for longer...haha...

Hi all,
I was very busy since yesterday afternoon and today, thats why no posts. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

qoo
ya loh, me wake up early always and first thing to do is to check this forum haha...My mil also told me cannot attend any funerals, so dont worry pleople will understand.

Great idea abt the table...but oh i dont understand how u want it keke...You mean we will have to update weight etc every week? why dont you show me some sample?

tch,
hooo, seems like not easy ah? cant imagine waking up every 1 hour. So how's the breast feeding now, are you BF or giving FM? or both combined? How do your twins look, like daddy or mummy?
happy.gif

Alethea,
Glad u r feeling better now! So are u able to go shopping and buy stuff now? my problem seems to be only when i walk for more than 30 min or so esp in the evenings, think morning should still be ok. Oh i did feel giddy and so on during first trimester but this one was very different, dont know how to say leh
happy.gif
Now hubby says dont go anywhere and strictly online shopping only for me
sad.gif

We can hav baby names if all mummies feel ok with it, cos it may reveal our identity haha...

twinsmom/qoo/alethea,
I agree it's a good idea to have one column to show probably our babies' measurements from our last major milestone scan if agreeable (like Wk 12 scan; Detailed scan at Wk 20-22; etc). But may be quite tedious if more than that esp for the people updating the table every week.

But prob not the names... like what you said abt anonymity and also we may not fix our names until babies are born. Also some MTBs may be paiseh if they want the same names... And also in case our frens and colleagues are also reading this forum... haha...what you gals think?

hello,

today was a quite day, so few posting today.

I went for my scan today. Both babies weight about 1.1kg @ week 28.Usually I will be very eager to go for the scan to see my babies. Making sure the babies is OK and my mother will be next person that will ask how the babies are the babies growing well.

twinsmom

Now my turn to kenna mucus. Got thick and yellowish mucus yesterday and today. Seeing dr tomm, hopefully everything is ok. i suspect could be an infection cos the mucus is a bit yellowish and smelly...

Something like this...might be very tedious.Just a suggestion, and let me know yr comments
happy.gif
No need to update the bbs weight every week (not mummy weight
happy.gif
) Only update when we went for scan/detailed scan.
Week - is the scan date.

choco,
Ok, for the names we can actually include it within the gender column itsefl but its optional, so those of us who cant dont have to do it. How abt this idea?

For the weight and measurement of the bbies column i'll check qoo's table and let u know my suggestion. But i agree its gonna be very tedious to update haha...

antz antz,
great to know that ur babies are doing great
happy.gif
cant wait for my scan.

chloe,
so sorry that u r having that discharge dear, dont worry it may not be infection. For me it was there for only one or two days and after that stopped. so i think will stop soon for u too. Good thing u r seeing doctor today. Will be waiting for all the good news that u will bring us after ur appointment. Take care!

qoo,
Thanks will check it out ok
happy.gif

hi hi, I've been having thick and pale yellow mucus for the longest time. But no offensive smell. Have checked with the mummies in the other thread and it seems to be normal. What abt the mummies here?

Alethea, I also had a kinda greenish/yellowish discharge a few times but then it stopped now. Only had 2 or 3 times i guess
happy.gif
what did ur gynae say?

chloe, choco and alethea,
I received the rompers today, hmmmm...it seems like its very long and thin, are rompers usually like that? hehe me used to work with infants but never saw how their clothes look like when they were not wearing it. I like the yellow piece the most, they definitly worth for $2+
happy.gif
. Thats it no more rompers for me liao...must buy more of front open type of clothes now.

twinsmom, then what should be the normal colour of the discharge? I've been having thick, pale yellow discharge for dunno how long already....

Twinsmom,
Your name/gender combi sounds good. I'm still waiting for my rompers...Maybe they are longer at the bottom so that can wrap around the diapers. Maybe now we can start buying separates which are easier to change if only one piece gets soiled...
happy.gif

Went for my scan today...but doc only measured weight but not CRL today...both babies are on track, averaging about 170g at week 16.
happy.gif
Anyone else can share their babies' weights at week 16?

Good morning all
happy.gif

Alethea,
I really have no idea dear, but according to some of the sisters, the greenish discharge means infection, its best u check with ur doctor.

choco,
ya cant wait to know the gender, last night i dreamt of holding two baby boys, so i m convinced that i got two boys...anyway boys run in our family. when is your next scan? How come the doc didnt say anything abt the gender this time? Is it too early? My babies were abt 9cm at the start of my 16th week and my doc did not say anything abt their weight so far.

will update the table with the next scan details and names.

all sisters,
please post your next scan date and names of your babies (optional) if u wan to, cos i m gonna update the table, as sister qoo and choco requested.

Hi gals
Happen to pop by this forum today.....So glad to see that you have started a thread for multiple babies mum/mum-to-be. I am a mum of a set of triplets. My babies are turning 4 months soon.....hmmm... If you need any advise, I am glad to share with you my experiences....
happy.gif

Twinsmom
Think our dreams usu accurate... But u hoping for prince/princess combi is it? Whatever the case... still our precious babes rite?
happy.gif

For me, before my 7th week scan, I dreamt tt i was carrying triplets. Next day, doc confirmed triplets!!!
Recently, I dreamt of my babies. Saw all three standing up in their cots around 1 yr old... one girl n two boys. Dunno how accurate so will keep u gals updated after my detailed scan!
Last scan at 16weeks 4 days... Boy/Girl/Unknown. Lengths 10.3/10.9/11.5cm
Next scan on 13th oct (detailed scan)

Hi peacy!
So great to hear from a multiples mummy!!! Ur wealth of experience will be so helpful to all of us here! Thanks 4 popping by!!!
4 mths... must be really cute!!! B/G? How's life coping with all three? Did they have to stay long in hospital after their birth?
Really hope to hear from u!!!

Hi trips
I have contraction around 27 weeks and was admitted to hospital but I managed to drag until 31 weeks.....They were in hospital for 1 month plus coz they were premature......I have 2 girls and 1 boy.... Life is really bust taking care of 3 babies but I am fortunate enough to have my mum-in-law to help me to look after.....really tough taking care of three babies but as I watch them grow, I have a sense of satisfaction......They were only 1.5, 1.4 and 1.3 kg when they were born but now they are already 5kg.......
happy.gif

Welcome peacy,
so nice to see u after a long time, i remember seeing u on the other side of the thread last year. Soo happy u to have u here. so u having b/g? who was ur doctor? In which week did u pop? sorry for the many questions but soo eager to know.

trips,
ya loh, dreams do come true at times, ya me hoping for b/g but like said as long as the babies are ok i m fine.

hi peacy,
icic, u have answered my some of my questions already, can i check which hospital u delivered and how much did u spend altogether including nicu for 1 month?

Hi peacy
kao_welcome2.gif

Hi everyone
I'm back. Haven't been feeling well due to swollen feet, ankles, calves and thighs!!! Anyway, gynae appointment last Fri confirmed both gals are head-down now, but still cannot confirm if I can deliver them naturally. Have to review again on 6 Oct evening. Sigh... What a long wait... My bump going to burst soon...

But on a separate note, I'm gald the gals are doing fine. They are 2.3kg and 2.45kg at 36wk. I'm so looking forward to meeting them in person.
happy.gif

twins_mtb,
How wonderful that ur little princess are doing great, u have really been one strong women. 36 weeks jia you jia you! You are gonna pop soon leh....so excited for u and cant wait for my turn....hehe so far away for me.

Take care! and keep us updated whenever possible k

HI Peacy, good to see u here. Saw u in the other thread as well. How did u manage to schedule your triplets feeding? Were u breastfeeding? For how long? Have they manage to sleep through the night?

I am now trying to schedule my almost 6 weeks old twins feeding so that it's less chaotic. Really how that they can sleep through the night cos it's so tiring. Hope to learn something from you.

Hi twins_MTB

YOu mentioned both twins are head down, but gynae still cannot confirm a natural delivery for you? What other considerations does he need to take into account then?? Is it like measuring your pelvic bone vs the head circumference of babies?

Hi Peacy

Yeah, welcome welcome.. we can do with one more expert help here =)

Hi best_twin mum
I delivered in SGH.....In total I spent around 40 to 50K for my three babies....Both my hubby and I used up our medisave and my father-in-law also stepped to help us by using some of his medisave. Really a lot of money....
Hi tch
I actually read this book by Gina Ford the contented little baby....I followed the schedule stated in the book....Modified a bit here and there.....It is really tiring to feed throughout the night....I have been through it so I can understand....At least, now my gals only feed once in night.....It is really much easier for us......I do partial breastfeeding....I express them out so anyone can help with the feed.......

Hi peacy
have been reading through your previous posts on ur journey with ur triplets... really heartwarming to know tt they're all so healthy now n weighing 5kg each! A big hats off to u for going through all tt! u really did great... holding till 31 weeks n staying in hospital for the last 4 weeks!!! dunno how i'm gonna live through tt!!!
wow! 40-50k... was this after u used the insurance u bought during ur ivf treatment? did tt help to reduce the amount spent for the 3 BBs?
i'm really concerned esp since i never know when my 3 will decide to show up! really finding all ways n means to try and keep them in as long as possible!

Hi
The insurance is only able to cover part of the expenses.....AS far as possible, we used our medisave first before using the insurance...Don't worry....Most impt thing is you must not walk too much. You working or at home resting? How many weeks are you now? I stopped working at week 17 coz I have dilated.....

Peacy
i'm currently 17.5 weeks. still working but intending to stop at 22 weeks cause tummy getting really big already! also, the back aches are really quite uncomfi!
my doctor actually said i could work till 24 weeks but dunno lei... think better be safe than sorry!
how did u find out u were dilated? think i better check with my doc during the next scan. so far, he has not done anything apart from ultrasounds to check their growth n prescribe me my multi-vits. i haven't checeked "down there" yet! when did u get ur cervix checked?

Hi trips....
They discovered the dilation through ultrasound scan......Initially, I thought I could work till 20weeks.....I guess sometime they are things that are unavoidable.....I do what I can to keep them longer but in the end, they still pop out early....My gynae is very accurate in estimating when my babies coming out and true enough they pop out around week 31....

peacy
OMG! Your triplets are so cute!!!

jovialger
Yes, both babies are head down but one of them tucked herself so comfortably towards the right side of my body, so gynae is not 100% confident she'll remained that way since she'll be the second to come out going by natural delivery. The other twin will probably engaged first bcos her head is very near the cervix.

peacy,
wow! your babies are sooo cute....

Thanks a lot for the info dear! wah, its a lot of money! U r really brave and i salute u for going thru all this. It must have not been easy, but its well worth it now i think after seeing ur little darlings
happy.gif

twins_mtb,
me soo tired today and was doing some tidying of my study room thats why never post since morning. Wonder were are the other girls gone, may shopping like u said, haha...

twinsmom
Good for you to tidy up your rooms now. I started tidying up when I was in 30th week. Wah, very siong... Need extra energy to do it then. Hehehe...

My MIL is here today... Its her weekly visit to my place to help me clean up my house and cook a decent meal for me ever since I developed swollen feet. So I have time to log in.

How I wish I could be at the Isetan sale too...

Hi all twins/triplets MTB,

I may sound a bit offensive but i'd like to ask if all MTBs here conceived twins/triplets becos of infertily/conceiving treatment?

I'm asking this as when i went for my check up with the gynae, the scan showed 3 water sacs. I'm not sure if that means triplets cos no one from my family or HB's family had any history of having twins/triplets. Furthermore, we have never gone thru any treatment for conceiving.

The gynae is worried it's not a good pregnancy as she couldn't detect a heartbeat. I was supposed to be in my 7th week when i saw the gynae
sad.gif

<font color="ff0000">Peacy</font>, your triplets are so cute! M gonna forward this link to my DH for him to take a look!
happy.gif
happy.gif
Btw, so all $40-50K came out from Medisave? No need to top up with cash? But for some of us who will be delivering in pte hospital, will this also be applicable, or could we expect heftier bills? Been praying hard for my BBs, and that they need not undergo NICU.

<font color="aa00aa">Mu</font><font color="ff0000">mm</font><font color="0000ff">ies</font>, for us who are carrying multiples, on average, when do we pop? Got good chance to surpass the 36th week mark? If I were to eat more red meat and durians, could I help to keep my BBs in longer?

Hi Peacy,
Welcome! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Your babies are so cute!

Twins_MTB,
You very steady leh...Good that your babies are progressing well...jia you...you will be able to hold your babies soon!

Can I ask you something...I'll be going to TMC for my detailed scan in a few weeks. Do you know if we are allowed to bring video-cam to record? Also, do they give you any scan printouts or reports after the scan?

Pegsfur,
When's your next scan? Maybe you'll be able to see the heartbeat then? For me, I could see my sacs in Week 6, then saw blinking heartbeats in Week 7 scan.

twins_mtb,
Oh dear poor u...so who's cooking for u during the other days? or are u eating outside. My Mil had stopped coming down to cook for me now as i feel much better, but i hate my mums cooking hehe (so funny oh dont like mum's cooking but like mil's cooking) and cant eat much lately, so wondering if can eat outside everyday?

How long is the isetan sale? me only gonna shop after knowing the gender
happy.gif

pegsfur,
I have heard many mtbs say that they only saw the heart beat in week 8, so u may see the heart beat in next scan.

alethea,
I read in a book that the average is 36 or 37 weeks for twins and also read that many who gave birth in 35th week also had healthy baby, think it depends on the babies weight?

choco,
so are u plannin to deliver in TMC? May i know whether u have calculated the cost if yes can share with me? I want hubby with me during delivery since we cant do that in kkh me thinking of changing but very scared of the cost.

Hi AletheaT
If you are in private hospital, your bill will definitely be much higher than mine.......I think usually the dr will advise their patient to switch to govt hospital if your babies have sign of prematurity.....I think its better you check with your gynae.....

Peacy
Ur 3 little precious are so lovely! Guess they make everything u had to go thru all worth it huh?
happy.gif

AltheaT
Think the red meat ok but better watch the durians!!! Super high in sugar which might bring on gestational diabetes... this not too good! Read in all the multiples books tt proper bedrest n balanced nutrition is the key. Me also trying to follow the rules to keep my 3 in as long as possible... NICU bills no joke man!
My fren in private had her son at 26wks n her bill came up to 100k!!!

Twins_MTB
U sound really strong! Jiayou! Hope u manage to keep ur precious princesses in as long as possible! Take care yah?!?

Fwah! Trips, how much of the $100K could ur fren pay thru' Medisave? *shudder*

Btw, mummies, have you all decided to store your BBs' cordblood? If so, with which bank? M thinking of putting one in Stemcord and one in Cordlife. Both running promos currently, which end by this month.

Peacy, your girls look quite a like har? My boys are very different.

By the way, on night feeding, how did you manage it? I am very deprived of sleep as I am up almost every hour cos they do not wake up at the same time to feed and sometimes cries an hour later after sleep. I do not want to wake up the twins for consecutive feeding since I think that may inhibit them from naturally lengthening their sleep hours. I think it may prevent them from sleeping through the night if I habitually wake one twin to feed just becos the other is awake for feeding.

Do all three sleep together with you at night? And does one's cry disturb the others? My twins will be disturbed if the other cries, especially Twin 2 who is a lighter sleeper.

Hi tch
Initially, it is very tiring for me too during night feeding....Basically for now, my babies all slept around 9 plus at night after their last milk feed. They will only wake up around 2am for the next feed. They don't sleep with me. Initially, I do wake up my baby if the other is feeding. It will be much easier and not so tiring compared to waking up 2 time just to feed them. However , for my eldest one, she is starting to sleep throughout the night so I didn't wake her up for milk. As for my son, he is a very light sleeper so even if his milk time not up yet, he will wake up after 2.5h. We are training him slowly..... my 2nd daughter and my son will wake up each other if 1 cries but my eldest one simply bo chai....
happy.gif
She will just carry on with her sleep. I would say they are not difficult to handle. They will only cry if they want milk....Most of the time, they will be sitting on the cradles when they are awake.....
happy.gif

Hi tch
Initially, it is very tiring for me too during night feeding....Basically for now, my babies all slept around 9 plus at night after their last milk feed. They will only wake up around 2am for the next feed. They don't sleep with me. Initially, I do wake up my baby if the other is feeding. It will be much easier and not so tiring compared to waking up 2 time just to feed them. However , for my eldest one, she is starting to sleep throughout the night so I didn't wake her up for milk. As for my son, he is a very light sleeper so even if his milk time not up yet, he will wake up after 2.5h. We are training him slowly..... my 2nd daughter and my son will wake up each other if 1 cries but my eldest one simply bo chai....
happy.gif
She will just carry on with her sleep. I would say they are not difficult to handle. They will only cry if they want milk....Most of the time, they will be sitting on the cradles when they are awake.....
happy.gif

Back