(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

Hi Nov_mtb,

from what I know Dr wong style is when ur bb head engage, she will check whether if u had dilated or not. Maybe u can ask her when will she check for ur dilation? Perhaps, case by case basis.

Wah... cannot catch up with the posting....

hi gals, my update:
bb weight: 2.6kg @ week 34.
BB did not seems to gain that much last 2 weeks. luckily!

Starz,
I'm in finance... so now it's budget time.... generally I've not been having much stress except for this period.... hiaz!
Ya, my bb kicks alot nowadays... sometimes the sensation feels very funny.... she likes to rub her elbow or knee on me... so stomach will be out of shape.....
Wow, bb is very good size!
happy.gif

seems that it's very near for everyone now.. I also hope I can deliver by end of the mth... but I got to wait for it to happen liao.... dunno bb wan to come out when?

betterworld, I dun feel so much of the tightening last week liao leh... but been having more backaches... sometimes the pain is so sharp then I feel my back is breaking....
I did have it everyday when I was week 33....I think so long it's not too regular, you dun have to worry about it.. just that it's rather uncomfortable lor.....
doc did give me some ventolin to take during then and I find that helps... but you are already nearing EDD, so you wun need it bah....

Hi Gingercat, last week i checked up & baby head engaged liao, but my gynea didnt check my cervix got dilation or not. see this wed he will check for me or not.

Hi Elmo,

Is it your lower back that is aching? Be careful, ok? It might be a sign that labour is approaching. the staff at my gynae's clinic asked me whether I had such aches when I told about my contractions.

Hi Scribbler and Gingercat,
Actually, I think that The Premiere is not a bad place, even though it is a bit pricey. I might have gone for it if I had have my own place, but I am very happy with my current place of course. Yes, heard about the tiny kitchen, though I have not personally gone down to see the showflat.

Hi Bess, probably u check with ur gynae when is he checking for ur dilation? I think if for mummies who are going for c-section, gynae will not check for dilation, am I right? Correct me if i am wrong.

HI betterworld, I am disappointed with the kitchem, no place to put oven etc.. the fridge also hard to place the 2 doors type and my hubby is very particular abt kitchen. Dun let small one. The wardrobes in the bedroom... very small. Enuff for one person's clothings only. We rather spend money on reno, at least we can get what we want. Hope the next dbss project will be better.

Gingercat,

I think the common complaints are the kitchen and the wardrobes. Agree that wardrobes are important. When the baby comes, will need the extra space even more. No point getting ad-hoc pieces of furniture that will not blend in. Maybe you should consider getting a place nearer to you in-laws so that you can fall back on them taking care of the baby. Otherwise, can consider the new Design & Build projects instead.

*see clock*

sianz.. insonmia leh...

eh mummies, have you all decided who's gonna look after ur kids after going back to workforce?

mine will be looked after by my MIL.. headache.. dunno how much to gib per mth..

and hor.. i scared my boy will get too attached to MIL & SIL as he will be staying there day n night during de week.. as mi n my hubby's working hrs doesn't permit us to bring him home everynight..

anyone in de same situation?
sad.gif

Wow Bess,

If baby head engaged means soon soon woh u excited?
Gynae says week36 onwards is no longer premie. So if going into labor, let the body decide. No more medication needs to be taken. I wonder sounds scary or not? Gaspz!

Hi Gingercat, i'm decide on natural birth already, cos my baby weight stable & gynea also ask me to try for natural birth.

Hi Mononoke, Even my baby head engaged but gynea say also can't predict when the baby will be poping leh....somemore i dun have any contraction or signal come...

later call will call my gynea, cos i wake up at 4am till now can't sleep due to breathless...

Hi mummies,

Good morning!

I'm new here
happy.gif
My due date is suppose to me on 4 dec but due to my medical condition cos I have pre-eclampsia and yeast infection my gynea have put me on C-section on 11 Nov...

Kind of scare now cos c-section sound scary.... Gynea mentioned that if my pre-eclampsia is getting worse i may have to have my c-section earlier like 8 nov...

My baby was engaged in 32 wks and me now 34 wks...

my gynae also haven checked me for dilation yet leh. maybe this weekend? are they any signs that we can see on our own to know if we have dilated or not?

greybearie
me same as u, will be putting my boy with my in-laws when i go back work. but i wan to bring him home every night (or at least try to) cos i also afraid that he'll be more attached to them than to me. my mother and grandma (who's doing my confinement) also mentioned they wan to take care too, so if they do take care it will prob split 2 wks each side. the gd thing is that when my mum take care, she'll come over stay at my place.
happy.gif

welcome beibei!
wah, c-sect nearly one month in advance...sure ok anot?

whoa,

you ladies are really quick. i'm into my 36th week but my little boy hasn't engaged yet, in fact, he's still on the small side. though this week my appetite has increased and hopefully that means a growth spurt for him.

i haven't experienced much BH yet except for that one time on the train in the evening; mild menstrual cramps and hard tummy. no more after that leh; hopefully that means they've been there but painless.

all my aches have eased up though my fingers, toes, and arch of my feet ache at the joints. backache comes and go mostly cos of posture in front of pc.

gingercat
the ant bite like pain at my pelvis also stopped already... don't know what's happening also. only experiencing more movement from bb.

hi dumbger,

Ya she mentioned as long as baby is 36 to 37 wks it will be fine... Furthermore most babies only engaged after 35 wks and mine engaged in 32 wks...

Guess she wanted to be out earlier lor...

Mine preganancy quite tough lah now on hospitalisation leave till 31 oct... Sigh...

Where will you be delivering?

Anyone have gone through C-section and could share a little... Me very scare...
sad.gif

scribbler,

mi too been experiencing more movements from my boy.. wondering issit indication dat he's coming out very soon..
happy.gif

Welcome To Nov Thread Bei Bei~
happy.gif

greybearie

do you think that it could be cos our womb has not much space left? less fluid and more of baby, that's why we can feel them more clearly?

beibei,
welcome welcome!
don't worry about c-section and having a preemie bb. i saw my hb's colleague's bb recent photo (the bb also c-section and preemie by a month) and he's so chubby now at 3.5 months old! definitely caught up with his peers even though he was so small when born. and breastmilk helps!
as for c-section, just take extra care of your wound and rest more and rest for longer time!

Thanks Greybearie and Scribbler
happy.gif

Ya i hope the c-section will go ok... Can imagine myself shivering in the OT
sad.gif

Btw does anyone know how know after C-section can i go for the Massage?

beibei
i think i read about it in some other threads... maybe you should also ask your obgyn? at least 3-4 weeks, in my opinion. anyway, different folks have different healing rates as well.

so you going for c-sec with GA or with epidural?

hi Scribbler,

Me going for epidural cos want to witness baby birth... But abit scary lah cos can hear the gynea cutting me
sad.gif

When is your due date?

scribbler
i actually read somewhere that our tummy not much space left so bb movements lessen leh.

beibei
wah!! u going for c-sect wif epi? i salute u!! if it is me dun think i can take it hearing all the equipment and sounds of all the operating tools! *shiver* my massage lady says if i'm going for c-sect hav to wait at least 6 weeks after delivery. if wan to be earlier she wld need doc's letter.

beibei

my EDD is 15 Nov but my inlaws were saying that their grandson could be out end of this month... i hope not! haha. my hb hopes he'll be out on 11 Nov cos easy to remember. cheh. hehe.

Really! My gynea also fix my C-section on 11 Nov at 7am
happy.gif

Which hospital will you be in?

My MIL say 11 Nov not good date
sad.gif
She prefer 8, 10 or 13 Nov... Headache...

haha,

that's a nice coincidence. i'll be delivering in TMC.

i'm not 'pantang' and neither are my in laws, so not a problem. at the end of the day, cos i'm going for natural, it's all up to my God and this little boy. hehe.

Hey scribbler me in TMC too
happy.gif
My Gynea is Dr Yvonne Soong
happy.gif

If u deliver on 11 nov we may be at the hospital at the same time
happy.gif

U took 1, 2 or 4 bedder?

hi betterworld,
I forgot to ask my gynae about back aches...but she doesnt seems worried or surprised when I told her I got aches everywhere... she say I'm almost there liao... so hang in there....
ya.. it's lower back aches... getting more often... I first experienced it last 2 week.. but now like everyday also have liao.....

Hi Bei Bei!
happy.gif

Dun be scared.. so many women has gone thru C-section... I'm sure will be ok... I know lah.. when the time comes... will be scared... but dun think about it now and scare yourself... just take good care of yourself now...
happy.gif

Hi Mummies

Betterworld, haha!! No choice, we really fuss abt the kitchen and wardrobe. So guess, best choice still opt for resales.

Greybearie, wah woman, so late u have not sleep. My baby will be taken care by our maid and most probably PILs as they are retiring next year. Told my hubby, if i strike toto, then i be full time SAHM. Hahahah!!!

Scribbler, most bbs are really active from 34 to 35 weeks onwards. Not much of kicking and punching, more on wriggling and squirming around in ur tummy. Dun worry abt the ant bite... it will not occur everyday.

Welcome to Nov thread Bei bei

Bess, that's good news!! Btw, are u using epidural?

beibei

i'm taking 4-bedded to save money for the proverbial rainy day. really tempted to take 1-bedded but thinking about it, it's just going to be 2 nights, and my hb and i have decided not to go hospital until my contractions are v strong and close together so i just need to go straight to delivery ward and pop my son. my doc has ok-ed that, provided no complications, of course. oh, my doc is Dr Paul Tseng.

gingercat

yeah, mostly squirming and stretching.

i agree that kitchen and wardrobe space are 2 most impt things to consider in a home. these will be 2 impt criteria i'll be looking at too. that's why when i saw the virtual showflat, i was mentally prepared that it'll be tiny. v impractical space planning by the architects, i must say.

tampines has a lot of resale flats with decent sizes and at decent prices. you can check those out. let me know if you need interior designer *wink*

scribbler, if u choose 4-bedder, i think most prob u will be upgraded to 2-bedder. i was at TMC and realised that each floor only has 1 or at most 2 4-bedder rooms. so unless the day when u are admitted is unusually empty, u should be able to get yourself a 2-bedder free upgrade. u have to be prepared that 2 or 4 bedder will not allow u to rest much hor..will have alot of pple coming in and out of your ward... not to mention the different feeding times of all the bbies in the same room... alot of pple will be walking in and out and talking... i wanted to opt for a 2 or 4 bedder too, cos i dun need hubby to stay over, but thinking that i would need my rest after the ordeal... i changed my mind
happy.gif

regarding massage after c-sec, most pple say after 4 weeks.. but i would advise to check with gyane during your postpartum check on how the wound is healing before u start the massage.

jannie

thank you. i know that it'll be noisy... but boh pian, for the sake of saving money. haha. it's ok. good training for my bb too; he'll have to learn to sleep in all conditions.

Hi jannie,

heard ppl say 4 bedder quite spacious compare to 2 bedder. Is it true?

I going for 4 bedder in TMC also. Same reason as scribbler, trying to save money.
happy.gif

Hi,

I'm opting for 4 bedded too, hoping to be upgraded in 2 bedded..
happy.gif

The 2 bedded isn't bad, is quite spacious, anyway were going to stay there for 2 days only.

I went there to visit my friend who give birth lastweek, she opt for 2 bedded Normal Delivery w/ vacuum, after all the deductions she pays only $300 something in total.

The charges is 2 bedded, maybe no need to fork out anymore $$$ if opt for 4 bedded then upgrade to 2 bedded.

Can really save $$$$ :D

hello !

Gingercat, how u feeling now? aiyoh u r the potential #2 in our thread to give birth, so excited for u
happy.gif

Scribbler u r right though, must have some noise, if not later little bit noise the baby wake up.. u very bor-eng liao...

yeap later u will need more money for diapers...

finally this morning, i put my bag in the car liao haha!

how about the rest ?

starz, still 'tu' har?
eh how's your leave planning, finalized ?

me taking ML last week of Oct, so the 12 weeks will end around Jan, then top another 10 days leave so should be around early Feb then go back office. See mood, if need to clear till CNY.

Hi Littlecat,

Wah, u also MIA for quite sometime. Me potential no. 2, dun think so leh. keke!!

Anyway, maybe this friday will be admitted to hospital liao. Gynae maybe bursting my waterbag if my waterbag does not burst on its own. Importantly, she will check on me tomolo to see if my cervix had already dilated to 3cm. But if not yet dilate till 3 cm, then i think i rather let my son stays in my tummy all he wants. I see the stupid haze now, have mix feeling abt wanting him to come out. Haha!!!

Are u starting to het gan jiong already? I a bit, excited and happy. Keke!!

Btw, my nepia diapers had arrived. They are very prompt in their delivery. I called and order and it takes 2 to 3 days for them to deliver. $15 per pack for newborn and small size.
happy.gif

Hi,

Me took 4-bedded too... But really tempted to take the 1-bedded... My friend took the 1-bedded and it a lot more privacy lor... But not sure if i want to spend such money lor, somemore c-section is already more ex.....

Hmmm.... Just see how it goes lah...

Mummies here is very friendly...

me took 4 bedded too to save $$ and i know is high chance to be upgraded to 2 bedded room. Had visited my friend in 2 bedded room, quite spacious, just that the food they provide stil the 4 bedded room food.

nov_mtb, i tot all the ward food is the same regardless of ward type????

gingercat, can give me the contact to nepia? i m waiting to give birth first to see how many NB and S size to order.. in case i over order the wrong size....i have some sealer and pampers NB on standby liao... just that i lazy to go out and buy liao lah.. so heavy... rather order and they deliver...

HI Jannie,

The no. for nepia is 62262650. I bought 3 packets NB and 1 packet small size.

Btw, how is waterbag leakage like? is it the same as waterbag burst? Anyone knows?

gingercat, is the nepia brand good? how many pcs for the $15 pack?

i didn't get any diapers yet.. my hb like to wait.. this morning quarrel with him about buying the confinement herb, he said wait till CL come.. faint!

gingercat, i also asked my fren b4 (cos for my first one it bursted and ALL water came out, not leak). she said u will know cos even if u control (like try to hold your urine), the water will still come out.

Hi Mononoke, i sleep in right or left side also breathless n my gynea refer me to go n see heartbeat specialiest at Mt.E n juz back from my heartbeat checked up at Mt. E. n due to my heart got alot of electricity. So will cause this problem & no need to worry abt it & some pples will has this problem....today went for total 4 doctor checked up & cost very expensive, almost 1000 plus sin dollar...damn ex. at Mt. E specialiest.

Hi Gingercat, this morning went for gynea check up & my baby weight 3265 gram at 38 weeks. i asked him when will be checking for cervix dilation & he say only when i have contration then check for me, if not wont check. he also told my husband that will not allow me delivery after my EDD. so if within 2 weeks still not signal come in & he will induce me...cos i got diabetes.

I also opting 4 bedded room at TMC, hopefully they will free upgrade to 2 bedded room for me...

Hi Littlecat,

So far, wat my friends told me is nepia not bad. Very soft and good for day use ( in case cloth nappies cannot dry in time ). 60 pcs per pkt and it cost $15.

Hi jannie,

Thanks for u info. Cos this later afternoon, my panty liners ( 2 pcs ) are wet totally within 2 hrs so I am quickly called my gynae. She suspected is waterbag leakage and asked me to monitor for contractions. If contractions come in regularly, quickly go to labour ward, otherwise she will see me tomolo morning and check if my bag burst. :p My pregnancy really problematic... Think my gynae also scared of me liaoz.

hi mummies,
looks like all of us are counting down to our big day liao yah.
my baby cot is finally delivered today. didn't want them to deliver early..scared will get dusty.. hubby is happily pushing the cot around the house ..as if he's selling harkow or siew mai. haha

to all mums to may be giving birth soon..ALL THE BEST!!

i think for me, more or less got most of the things ready liao..except for the confinement shower herbs and dry shampoo.
by the way, does anyone know what brand we should get for the dry shampoo? where to buy them?

Hi Gingercat,
Take care and all the best! Update us soon.

Elmo,
Just remember that actually you visit the same gyane clinic as me... so the staff's advice should be the same...

Scribbler,
Are you an interior designer?
happy.gif

hi all,
Those experience mum advice me to buy only 1 small pack of diapers for new born, coz baby grow very fast, soon he/she will need to use S size and so on. So buy 1 small pack 1st.

Ya, my fren told even upgraded to 2 bedded room the food stil the 4 bedded 1, think it should be different.

sorry to interrupt ladies,

my fren wanna sell her brand new Pigeon Manual Breast Pump. it's at $90 and she is throwing in a box of breast pad ($12.90). interested, pls email me at [email protected]

cheers
happy.gif

Dumbger, erm without cervix check maybe another way of knowing dilation is whether you lost your mucus plug or not? I read that mucus plug dropping is part of the dilation thats why it dropped.
Or probably another way is to see if baby is already engaged cos alot of people told me if baby is engaged then pretty soon like in a week or two. If your baby hiccups, then you tell where the baby head is by the hiccups. I though that was so cute.
Littlecat, I pack my bag already. Finally! It looks like I am going on a trip. No bag so use luggage bag.
Gingercat, jia you! Please update us how you are.

mononoke
err...hehe, how do i know whether i lost the mucus plug?

oh, the prob wif the hiccups is that when my bb hiccups, my whole stomach shake! ya, very violent. so i not sure also. :p

Back