(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

Hi all,
BBblush, my mum also started Zavier on potty training abt 1-2 months ago. Each time he wants to poo n start showing his "poo poo" face, they would immediately bring him the potty and carry him over the potty to poo. It works leh! I was quite amazed to see it the other time....By the way, is it confirmed that we would all be starting the Gymboree class on 22nd Sept? Thanks.

Heh, count me in for the mooncake festival celebrations? Thanks mummies...
1. Jaline - sat or sun ok, prefer afternoon time, venue (still cracking my head)
2. Jene - sat afternoon or sunday afternoon
3. Stacey
4. Trixiebelle
5. Mei Lik
6.Babygal_1(anything)
7.Tiwi
8. Luanfang
9.Wayne's Mummy (Sat whole day ok, sunday evening)
10. Shannon
11. Bearyhugs

Bearyhugs, this week onwards we will start lv 3. You can join us whenever it is convenient for you. I have put Zavier's name down for 22/9 already. Most of us still have ard 8 sessions more, that's another 2 months.

Looks like weekend, I'll be shopping for Mr. Potty. Most ang moh baby website seem to state that potty training begin when baby is 18-24 months. Maybe Asian babies smarter??

Count me in for gathering and I also agree that carrying lanterns in the afternoon is weird!

Heh, count me in for the mooncake festival celebrations? Thanks mummies...
1. Jaline - sat or sun ok, prefer afternoon time, venue (still cracking my head)
3. Stacey
4. Trixiebelle
5. Mei Lik
6.Babygal_1(anything)
7.Tiwi
8. Luanfang
10. Shannon
11. Bearyhugs
12. Babyblush

Re Potty Training
My gal now can poo in potty liao and worse part is when we go out for the past 3 days when she poo halfway she stop and i have to bring her to the ladies and let her sit on the toilet bowl to release her needs and nowsaday at hm she will show me the look and i tell her wait i take towel and bring her to toilet her diaper is empty and she directly poo in potty and last sun i though she will poo in her diaper since sil bathing but i was so wrong she tahan her poo for 5-10min until i put her in potty.
Guess she now very particular when come to poos time btw i start train her at 8mth but as and when i feel like it lah like few days a time.

Mooncake festival celebrations Gathering
3. Stacey
4. Trixiebelle
5. Mei Lik
6.Babygal_1(anything)
7.Tiwi
8. Luanfang
10. Shannon
11. Bearyhugs
12. Babyblush
13. Strawberry (22Sept, Sat noon)

wow! I am really very impressed with all these babies who can poo in potty liao. My boy doesn't show any "poo poo" face and doesn't have a fixed timing. Difficult to train him now cos' he won't even want to sit on a potty for long. Been asking around those experienced mummies. They were telling me the age to start potty training really varies with indiv. babies. Some said it is easier to train when the babies understand what we are saying and is able to express themselves too (after 1.5 yr old).

Hi BBblush,
Oh no, so does that mean Zavier would hav 3 more lessons on his own as you all would be ending earlier? Hmm....

Dumbger, welcome back! So did Cayden resist you when u first saw him? I would be going on my trip too this sat with HB for a week to Japan. Gonna miss my Zavier too.... sob sob...But at the same time, thought we long deserve a break from work too.

Mummies, just tried the lychee martini cake from Pines garden during my nephew's first year birthday. The lychee martini filling was good but the cake itself was only so so cos tasted jus like any normal sponge cake. But overall decor quite nice.... Thnk I would still decide to order from roomfordesserts for Zavier's birthday.

Hey mummies,
Sharing with you on Divas is having Promo not to be missed!!!
Check it out and Hayley also been wearing her cute clips. The clips are handmade in UK, not those china stuff so you can be assured of the quality.

Quote:
Dear DIVAS'Vibes Shoppers :
Hear this out! http://divasvibes.spaces.live.com/
Now is the chance to grap your favourite clips (any designs) at a special promotion rate! <1>
Buy any clips at the special price of S$10.00 each + a FREE piece of your choice* of clips!
Minimum 2 pieces to order to qualify for the promotion.

ps: *while stocks last!
Hurry! it's just for 2 days only! Last orders on Friday 12pm via email.
Orders will be posted out the next day, Sat 8th Sept'07.

Simple. Chic. Unique.
Happy Shopping

Hi bearyhugs,
Thks for ordering the bag.Sorry didn't manage to go up to collect the bag personally, cos was feeding my girl halfway. Actually thought of ordering frm Pines garden for my bb birthday also. What is nice at roomfordesserts?

Peng,
Avril is same like Yuheng. She also cannot sit still on the potty to poo poo...she keep standing up.

bearyhugs,
That's cos we all didn't start at the same time, so some will end earlier. Js777 just signed her Reena so you have her for company. There are also other mummies, won't be alone.

After Chloe finishes her 15th session at Gym, I would probably not continue, (or take a break and just let her use the playgym weekly, perhaps with Alyssa and Nianqi instead). The three babes very 'season' already, familiar with the gym. And the mummies also know what songs to sing and how to conduct class.. hahaha.

ppp, doggymum, u ladies gonna continue after Gym ends? may be more worth it to meet up weekly and have playgym among ourselves, since we enjoy member's rate.

wow gathering! i dun mind, but where huh? are we jus gonna do our usual meet up or we going to walk wif lantern? ;)

Jaline - sat or sun ok, prefer afternoon time, venue (still cracking my head)
3. Stacey
4. Trixiebelle
5. Mei Lik
6.Babygal_1(anything)
7.Tiwi
8. Luanfang
10. Shannon
11. Bearyhugs
12. Babyblush
14. dumbger (22 sep)

strawberry, bearyhugs
haha, cayden like normal leh, his usual excited-ness like whenever we pick him up after work like that. think he still too young lah.

peng, apple
my boy also leh...i bought potty liao, but he doesn't like it. will start to make noise want to carry whenever we put him on it. think hav to wait older ba.

OH YAH HOR...cayden 10 mths liao...time to go pester my hubby to bring him to gymboree classes!!!

babyblush & PPP, most probably won't continue after the 15 lessons too... unless I'm really impressed with the stage 3 lessons.

yup, will be cheaper if we meet up on our own and pay the $8/hr for the gym usage. A lesson there and cover for 3 hrs of gym on our own leh..

welcome back dumbger
which ctry u go anyway? have fun? I am itching to travel (for leisure, not business). Have not travelled since my last business trip when I was 4 months preg.

Thinking of going Star Cruise with baby. Anybody did that? Thought it would be a lot easier than flying. Although I'm not sure if bb will get sea sick?

doggy, yup yup agree. ok, u be in charge of Gymbo.

Yes, bearyhugs,
Reena just started her first lesson last Sat. Apparently she enjoyed it! So signed her up to meet more friends...

Have not joined u gathering before. Seems a lot of fun. But not able to commit now as I might be on business trip then :-(see how first!

my msn kept hanging... hmm..maybe that's how my company stops people from using MSN..

so how ah? chinese garden? macdonalds? baby hold lantern? mummy hold lantern?

wow, seems like the response for mooncake festival celebrations not too bad, but we haven't think of a venue...

so how ah? chinese garden some say scared got mosqitoes and very stuffy,
which macdonalds can we go with to with such a big crowd?
as for lanterns, just get one n see if bb like to hold, most probably end up putting into their mouth, kekeke

if u ask me, i wanna go macdonalds at west coast park! there also got a big children playground. parking convenient too. hoho, but too far for our punggol mummies here.

Hello mummies!! Long time no talk liao...

bearyhugs, I heard pg cakes very nice... I'm going to order there my girl cake over there too...
happy.gif

Can't believe that our bbs are turning 1 yr in a couple of months time.. .time really flies!

babyblush
went to Pattaya, Thailand. no lah, went for work leh, got an exhibition which my coy took part. but i did extend over the weekend to go to bangkok kia kia.
happy.gif
haha! cruise? i worry i sea sick! not my boy. hiak hiak!

elmo, bearyhugs
i confirm taking pg cake, design already decided liao. the lychee martini not nice ah? i tot of trying that leh.

dumbger,

why did u get to see the designs leh? have to go down to their shop? also thought of take lychee martini and chocolate...can mix anot har?

has anyone tried the lychee martini cake before?
Is there any alcoholic content?
I asked them, they say children can eat also.. but i think better ask people who have tried before.

mousy_pig,
you can e-mail them to ask them to send u the design and the price list.

mousypig
oh, i emailed them to ask them if they have Finding Nemo designs, so they sent me photos lor. then i also went down to their shop to see wat are all the different flavours they hav. they will email u the price list for all the different flavours...but i wanted to see how the flavours look like so that's y i went down.
happy.gif
u can also buy ur own cake deco figurines and give them so that they can add onto ur cake.

haha! me same as u, also wan lychee martini and triple choc! yup, they can do for me as i wan a two layer cake.
happy.gif
i was actually also looking at Pina Colada, but they say that this one must be chilled then nice. and i dunno how long will my cake be left out in the open so i tot better dun risk it.

Jene...the martini added is minimal...the children ated did not collapse leh...kekeke...agreed with bearyhugs...the cream taste nice though is juz normal sponge cake...

hmm...then i may consider getting it too.
maybe one free weekend, I may ask hubby to drive to the confectionery at AMK to buy one piece to try try.

1.Jaline - sat or sun ok, prefer afternoon time, venue (still cracking my head)
3. Stacey
4. Trixiebelle
5. Mei Lik (both dates ok, but Pm might be hot for our kids?)
6.Babygal_1(anything)
7.Tiwi
8. Luanfang
10. Shannon
11. Bearyhugs
12. Babyblush
14. dumbger (22 sep)

West coast park? Ulu?

East coast park more happening, has kiddy rides and pushcart stores selling kids clothes. They also have McD, Coffe Bean, other restaurants.

Maybe can have picnic, bring your own mat, food and relax by the beach and bring along lantern.

Hi..

Someone was asking about Myanmese maids?? I have some Myanmese maids. They are recommended by my own maid. Personally.. my maid is great! Can come and meet her even..
happy.gif
I recruited her from the embassies. So the ones she recommends are from the embassy as well.. Can speak English!

I'm not an agent but the paperwork will still be done by the agent. Like application, insurance, medical, training, exams etc etc..so usual agent fees apply. No hidden costs!

Let me know if I can help [email protected] hp:81130573

Hi All,

Hmm..everyone ordering PG cake..me too. In fact long ago already decided to order from them. Have placed an order but they have not reply me yet.

Will be ordering a square cake from room for dessert and a 2-tier cake from PG, design will be Pooh & friends.

If going to East Coast very far leh cos no transport for me...

hi mummies,

I brought my gal for baby jumper gym trial class today.

Generally the class is not bad. It is a one hour class. About half an hour was spend on showing flash cards to the baby. The flash cards are being rapidly shown to the babies with the teacher voicing the words. The cards are categorize into
- single english words
- single chinese words
- dots card
- showing baby the first card, then showing 2 cards and getting baby to identify the first card. (suppose to train their photographic memory)

About 10 minutes was spend on kindermusik kind of activities (singing with musical instruments) and another 20 minutes was spend on gym.

The gym is generally like gymboree kind but a quarter of its size. The main difference is that it has the monkey bar.

I was shocked when the trainer got my gal to hold the monkey bar and she hold on to my gal's hand. Then she ask me to release my gal. Surprisingly my gal can hold her body weight. The trainer say this is suppose to increase their lung capacity so that more oxygen can go into the brain to simulate thinking. eh...dun ask me true anot...haha. 1st time I hear this theory also.
happy.gif

The trial class is $37/hr but they will waive off the cost if purchase their course at $370 for 10 lessons.

Mummies who go for gymboree, how much do u all pay for the course?

hi mousypig, sounds interesting. So did u sign up with them? they sound like an advocate of the GD method. GD method also encourage use of brachiation ladder (monkey bar), and the use of flash cards.

I have started my girl on GD method at home since she was 6M. That's why I didn't want to duplicate it by going to a class that uses flashcards. (But have been lazy and stopped for a while!)

If u sign up for gymboree package, one class works out to $24-34, depending on the promotion. Trial class is $34.

BJG sounds like good value, since they have so many different activities in one program. But for flash cards, best to do it daily to see effect.

Hi mousypig,

I am suppose to bring Wayne to bjg on 8 sept too, 12pm trial class but Wayne still got cough, so did not go. My friend too told me the class is good. She sign up for 1.5 term without going for trial.

Think Monday I got to call them again if I need to re-queue for the trial..haizz...waited for quite some time liao.

babyblush,

no didn't sign cos the schedule not out yet. they will revert to me again.

wah the gymboree class the price range so great? like that get during promotion more worth it. How many classes is their package?

Wayne's mummy,

yeah i also waited quite long for the trial. The new class for crawlers2 (9-14 mts) will start in Oct.

Mummies
Re:Gathering
Can we go chinese garden celebrate cos i saw from another forum the pic taken over there r great and colorful and can go in the late afternoon so most bb has taken afternoon nap hence if some wanna stay longer can enjoy all those pretty latern so it the best of both world cos i doubt all mummies will wanna go hm early.

Btw as for mosquito u can get mosquito patch or repellant from any pharmacy or watson.

Btw here r some detail about chinese garden though and if confirm go chinese garden we will have to pay though but if it sat it quite worthwhile for some parent cos 10pm will have fireworks though.

Catch Singapore's most extensive lantern display with over 5000 lanterns at the Mid-Autumn Festival Celebrations at the Chinese Gardens this year!

Learn more about this cultural festival and marine animals in this year's Magical Ocean lantern display. See the fabled underwater 12-m tall Crystal Palace, the famous 8 immortals as they cross the sea and enter the magnificent jaws of the Great White Shark if you dare! Visit the Sri Lankan cultural village and special food and gift marquees specially constructed for the festival and indulge in cultural food and handicrafts galore.

Highlights
* Szechuan acrobatic performance: Daily - 7.45pm and 9pm
* Fireworks: 5, 25 September and every Saturday, 10pm
* Special Appearance by Radio100.3 DJs: 5, 15 and 25th September
* Foodcourt, bazaar: Daily, 5pm 12am
* Kiddy rides: Daily, 5pm 12am, $2.50 per ride
* Inflatable kingdom: Daily, 5pm 12am, $5 for 20 minutes

Festival duration: 5 30 September 2007
Time: 9am to 12 am (activities start from 5pm daily)
Tickets: $12 (adults), $8 (children)
Free lanterns will be given to all visitors and the first 500 visitors daily (from 5.30pm onwards) will receive a free mooncake from SDS Bakery. Plus, stand a chance to win 2 cars (Geely and Dong Feng Star MPV) with each ticket purchased.

Purchase your tickets now from JKIDS Amusement Pte Ltd at [email protected], or call 6445 5828.

mousy_pig,
i also brought ashley for the trial class on sat at babyjumpergym!! wat time did you do?
mine was at 3.30pm.

i quite like the session..are you signing up for it?

HI Mummies

Quite lose in the thread liao. So the next gathering is in East Coast or where? Hahaha! Pai sey.. very busy cos many things happen.

Hi bbroom,

i went for the class at 12pm. Oh didn't know they had another one at 3.30pm.

I also quite like the class although my gal could not quite really focus on the flash cards. mebbe becos this is her first time. She prefer to crawl around.

They say they will call me on Tuesday to let me know the schedule then i decide.

How about you? Did you sign up?

Hi bbroom,

i went for the class at 12pm. Oh didn't know they had another one at 3.30pm.

I also quite like the class although my gal could not quite really focus on the flash cards. mebbe becos this is her first time. She prefer to crawl around.

They say they will call me on Tuesday to let me know the schedule then i decide.

How about you? Did you sign up?

Hi mousypig,

Wah, if Wayne no sick, we will see each other as mine trial class was also 12pm. Ya, heard the new term is in Oct. My friend already register for Sat, 12.30pm class. I am still deciding. Cause hubby now say wait till after 1yr then sign up.

hi mousypig,

i also haven't signed up coz i prefer sunday lessons. Coz if Sat, I have to bring baby on my own.

I also like the flashcard part.. First time the teached flashed the cards, ashley was busy looking at other people's daddy..then second time onwards, she managed to concentrate. quite good. She was very responsive during class..when teach calls her name, she 'll wave at teacher..and she'll clap every time they finish an activity..

I must agree with u that I didn't know they could do all those activities in the gym..quite scary actually..

I'll see how it goes, if timing is Ok, we'll consider signing up.

yah actually i am also comtemplating if should wait till my gal is 1 yr old cause she still can't really focus on the flash cards sometimes.

Oh u mean the schedule is out and your fren can already register? did she register for the crawlers2 also?

mousypig,

my friend register for 1 and a half term for crawler 2. So she is already in for the new term starting Oct.

I call BJG this morning, the person told me new term starts 6 Oct.

But I will be away from 17-23 Oct, Wayne will miss the 2nd lesson and 3rd Nov is Wayne 1st birthday celebration, he will miss the 4th lesson. We are only entitle to 2 makeup classes, which means the rest of the class I cannot miss liao.

The next new term will be in Jan. Maybe I will wait and register Wayne for Jan class.

Wayne's mummy,

By Jan, we should be able to join the walkers1 class since our babies will be 14 mths by then.

by the way, their 1 term is how many lessons?

Back