(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

Delphine

Oh my... is she alright? Remember sponge her k.. got eat medicine bo? poor thing.. ya, think is the virus going on.. you too must take care k.. my two girl girl also haven fully recovered.. then Daddy call back say he diarrhoea also.. haiz........
Must quarantine him from thekids liao.. heehee..

Jenny

ermm.. where's your office ar? heehee.. i can ask my hubby to go pick up if you help me buy lo.. =) , more 'hua suan' to buy with discount ma.. heehee.. by the way, you let me know the date they are coming lo.. so i can confirm the number of boxes. Thanks in advance.

<font color="ff6000">jackiejon</font> hehehe.. thanks, but i already saw e BP liaoz... i'm waiting for info on a better discount from my dear brother...

<font color="ff6000">haze</font>
thank you... i know which stall.. always long queue 1.. see already also lazy to queue..
kao_sticktongue.gif
but since so many of u say good.. see which day my hb in good mood ask him go queue for me.. hahahaha....
eh, u hv to try e raffles hotel 1 lah... at least i find it very nice... last year i think i alone ate 2 boxes... hehehe.. hubby said i made Ayden "drunk" with e rum n champagne leh... hahaha...

<font color="ff6000">jenny</font>, where is ur office?!?! im also interested if got good discounts... hehehe...
poor u.. ur AL also finish liaoz ar??? u better take care of urself hor...

<font color="ff6000">shirley</font>, hey.. u working in orchard now?? cos mention can go marriott during lunch mah... if so, can i meet u to collect e spree stuff in town?? cos weekends ur timing allowed very early leh... these r the only 2 days in a week tat i (and ayden) get to sleep late...
kao_sticktongue.gif

<font color="ff6000">mononoke</font>, eh.. i cant remember e brand of e toy liaoz... i bought it since A was 1mth old too... will try to take a pic of it n show u... remind me if by next week u stil dont see it hor... i got elephant brains now...
kao_sticktongue.gif

<font color="ff6000">delphine</font>
oh dear... how come desiree suddenly hv intestine infection??? wat caused it??? hope she'll feel better soon...

Haze,
I've PM you my office location. Best if your hb can come over. If he can comes over on those 2 days, he can buy on spot and carry back. Let me go check out more details on the venue, if is at the office lobby, then he can comes in to buy. I let you know who are the vendors and their prices once the details are out cos my colleague is working with them.

Ok gals, so far I only know the vendors will be coming on <font color="0000ff">13 and 14 Sep</font>. The prices... I still waiting for details. But I already confirm Four Season, Goodwood Park Hotel and Raffles Hotel are coming.
Last year, these 3 came also. Then still have da zhong guo, tung lok etc etc, a lot lor. And since a lot of vendors last year, they came on either one of the day, except for Raffles and Four Season, they came on both days.
Price wise, for the past few years, the prices are cheaper than credit card discount.
If they are using the meeting rooms at near the office lobby for the sales, outsiders can come in and buy. Pls bring cash cos not all vendors will have credit card or nets payment. I update those interested when more details are firmed up ok.

Starz, will PM you my office location.

Britax
izzit that good?where can u get it huh? read about rear facing as being safer.but then CY small lah, so keeping him rear facing as long as possible.

mononoke
CY doesnt like it rear facing i think.he also doesnt like to b strapped.but must always insist man.

As for dinner, we give him bits of rice, steam fish, soup (we dun put salt in our soup) and veggie in soup. he likes hard food...adult food. he gets angry when we give him puree, so we just gibe him chunkier pieces of fruit too. he'll spend sometime munching them, but it keeps him happy.

Aiyoh....
CY finally learn to clap when we sing 'if you are happy' liao....yeah......

delphine,
poor sweet desiree. hope she gets well soon. u must take care too.

Jenny/Haze/Star/Lilboymum,

Thanks for all your concerns.
Luckly she is not hospitalise.. still have to monitor her temperature.
Haiz.. guess it's the virus thing going around.. she also having diarrhoea in the morn. somemore hubby's newphew and niece also fever plus now sch holiday, they are all at home. think more or less will kana.
she have total of 5 medicines(2 fever, cough, flu, diarrhoea).. my god, feeding her medicines is like hell, she will scream till my heart so pain.

Jenny

Thanks, will let you know if he can make it on the two days. coz he is in car trade la.. very hard to say whether he can find time or not, he better la, coz i want to eat ma.. haha..

Starz

Since the vendor is going to Jenny's office, might as well get it from there.. got discount, can buy more and eat more.. heehee..

Delphine

Ya, i agree with Grace, if there's so many kids in the house, i would also suggest you bring over to your mum's place... at least she will recover faster when the environment is better. =)

Okie.. after the virus torture.. which both my darling still not full recovered.. here's an update of their photos.. Kylie dropped half a kg due to loss of fluid...

953478.jpg
953479.jpg

Birthday party supplies
======================
collection venue: raffles place (weekday)
Sengkang (weekday after 8pm)
Sengkang (weekend 10am-12pm / sunday 10am-12pm and 4-6pm)

I have decided to split the shipping cost by the amount spent instead of the number of items bought as some items are heavier. so i pressume heavier items costs more
happy.gif
let me know if there are any objections ya!

Hi lilboymum,
Can get Britax fr both Mothercare or Robinsons. I got mine fr Robinsons. So ur boy still reaf facing? My boy has been seating front facing since FEB cos he dun like to face the back.

Hi mummies, saw the post on mooncakes, i'll be going to CMPB for SAF mooncake bazaar on 20th Sep. Discount quite good for us, the durian mooncake that Shirley bought will be selling at 25% (marriot hotel), there will be tung lok, goodwood park , fullerton, regent, marriot and marina madarin but they do not have all the flavours. Will try to post the price list here.

Hi ladies

I realise that i have one missing ballon from the birthday party shipment although it is stated on the picking list. Possible to claim from the celebratexpress? anyone has similar experience?

starz,
You're welcome
happy.gif
Glad to help you save money. haha! Emma also doesn't want to stay in there. Think i'm going to sell it away soon.

Delphine,
Poor Desiree. Hope her fever has gone down. If her fever continues to be so high, ask the doctor if she can take brufen. Brufen brings down the fever very fast but it's quite a strong med so some may not feel comfortable giving it. But for me, i would give it cos i'm afraid of the other consequences of high fever eg fits.

freshpoison,
Just like CY, emma is still rear-facing cos it's safer for smaller babies to be in that position.

MARRIOT MOONCAKES
Those who have HSBC card can have an early bird discount of 25%. Tomorrow (5/9) is the last day.
I'm so disappointed that they don't have the baked skin jasmine tea with pine nuts one this year. I really loved that one.

lilboymum,
freshpoison has answered you on where you can get Britax carseats from. Hubby and myself are believer in the safe-testing of Britax carseat and both K's infant carrier and present carseat are from Britax. We had to get the infant carrier which just allows rear facing initially cos the seatbeat of our car is not long enough for the bigger car seats which can be used for both rear and front facing. If your seat beat is long enough, just get those car seat which can be converted both ways since CY will be able to use front facing in no time
happy.gif

We have checked out Britax's first class, royal and a couple of others and bought Britax Omega in the end cos we felt that the cushion is the softest and most comfy :p Oh, if you want to bring to car and test out first, go to Mothercare at Plaza Singapura. Their service is very good and they will even bring to the carpark to help test it in your car
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">jenny</font> i also scared. cant wait to be back home cos then i will have a better and more manageable schedule then will be on leave for caleb's birthday. cant wait man.

<font color="0000ff">delphine</font> Poor desiree. am sure she will be fine in no time. take care.

CALEB'S BIRTHDAY INVITE
=======================
FINALLY! got the invite confirm and out of the way. just like to share with you all. i really like it alot. designer is Caleb's yee yee, i.e. my sis.
953704.jpg

really cant wait now to celebrate for him. have planned so much. just hoping the cake will turn out good cos also just confirmed the final design.

Shirley
Haha play punk skip sch yah....hehehe
Seems focal travel their price is really good cos I checked out a lot lor since I an free ma n I even get quote of 1K for the same package leh. Big difference lor.
N hor D chalet clash with Issac's liao. Too bad we didn't book the same chalet else we can pop in on each other....Hahahaha

Gemini
The chalet is right after my trip so means will be belated by 2 days but who cares.....hahaha
Now I'm jus crossing fingers hubby knows how to break it to his parents. I won't want my simple BBQ n cake to be a chance to 'haolian' for my fil again. Scarly he go n invite his friends again I will DIE man.
Tell me about it jus today at my mum place I wanna go kitchen take water I gave D a copy of magazine to tear on the floor while I run ....hahaaha

Crystallised
Nope will be in HK THAT week so doing week after on 29th.....keke
Yah SOOO fast I'll be in HK soon can't wait......Haaahhahaha

Jenny
Jaslyn walk early ma like Jolene.....hehehe

lilboymum
Hi 5 me too yoke lover......hahahhaha
But 4 yoke very expensive leh so normally we will buy jus 1 from a nice nice brand to share......hehehe

Talking
------------------
Speech wise hor I feel Damien learns quite fast leh but then hor.....hmmmmmmm
Those words that he say are all should I say VERY similar......n you need to listen to hear the difference but he doesn't say them together lah so easy to know what he's saying.

Knows how to call PAPA when hubby is home. Now started to call me PAPA too n even my dad when he tried to call him.
Says BAO BAO(bun) when u ask him to.
Says BAR(bus) when he sees the bus or even cars.
N most recently is BEAR BEAR. That day I taught him the next morn he wakes immediatelty point to his bear n say BEAR BEAR.
He will say BAO BAO if he wants me to carry n only say it to me lor becos his stupid daddy's words are very expensive so very stingy to talk much.

Off topic
------------------------
The other day I was so pissed with hubby becos he was changing D n I was preparing to bath n D suddenly cried sooo loud. Hubby said D swing his toy n knocked his mouth.
Mouth got a bruise n he keeps crying so badly n looking at me in the bathroom. Since hubby is carrying n trying to pacify n district him with his bear I decide to ignore n bath lor. Then he started saying BAO BAO n looking at me this stupid hubby can BOCHAP him totally lor jus keep giving him the bear nia.
SO I 'REN' n D stop crying liao until stupid hubby shouted that D has blood in his mouth. Lucky was only a small cut which by the time hubby realise have stop bleeding already.

Sigh........daddy only care for few mins already like that I really gek sim aah.

Jenny,
Then if go restaurant and eat they sit in the restaurant high chair ah? Then food court leh? Eat in stroller? Envy you leh your dotters both so disciplined.

Starz,
Thanks thanks. Maybe I go buy one for Jon too!

CY de mummy,
Yup does not like to be strapped. Is he very active at home? The britax makes the seat more comfortable only la. Jon also using britax but when it comes to strapping him in, he also resist. Jenny biscuit idea is a good one.
happy.gif

Food wise, he got how many teeth? Can eat chunky one?

Mummies, do your babies gam their food in their mouth?

teddyhope,
So nice your son can talk so many words already. My everything also call papa and mama. And even if he sitting or crawling also keep papapa and mamama. Other than that, no other words. Clap or wave bye bye also no want to.

Morning ladies,

Me still super sleepy man.... but last nite finally got to sleep at 1am which is very early for me... coz I never bring back my laptop... hee.... but still damn tired leh...

DURIAN MOONCAKE
================
I WANT!!!! So the FourSeasons one nice ah?? Damn it.. coz sunday I was in taka leh. Walk past the four seasons' stall and the lady still asked me want mooncake or not leh...
Dun know why I never even think of it... sigh... Now after you all say abt it, I super craving for durian mooncake liao....
I just bot one Yam mooncake from bengawan solo... my all time favorite... still dun bear to eat leh... haa....

Shops in Concourse
================
I think Jenny mentioned abt the first shop and the last shop... actually I found out that the first and last shop are of the same company same boss. Coz I saw their staff going from one shop to the other. They also communicate thru phone or something. Their stocks are almost similar except some things are only found in one of the shops. Although their price are slightly higher, I bot from them coz they carry more variety and happens to have what i wanted. The other shops dun have what I want.... But it is fun shopping for party stuff there... so many things to buy... so little money we have... haa....

Delphine,
poor desiree... take care leh.... i hate it when I need to feed medicine to Rhys too... he cry and we heartpain... in the end, we make cocktail milk lor... you have so many medicine ah... if really difficult to feed desiree, maybe you can consider mixing them in a small portion of her milk. It worked for Rhys and at least every med feed is not war lor... he dun struggle and cry, we dun heartpain and cry...

Shirley....
I am ok with the shipping split. Your SengKang collection point is it at Compasspoint?? If yes, I should be able to collect from you on weekday evening.
Oh no... missing balloon?? Is it mine??

Selina,
Caleb's invite is so cute... Today I am going to print out Rhys' birthday invites basecards in school too hee...
still left the last part to be sent for professional printing... then still got lots of work to do.... sigh... this invite is really taking a lot of trouble... just hope that my guest dun just throw them away...

Good morning ladies

Didnt sleep well last night, stomach very bloated. now also super sleepy. *Yawn*

Vivian
Collection at compasspoint no problem. Jus sms me the time and date, preferably after 8pm cos zac will be asleep by then. Nope, missing balloon is order from momconomics, search high and low still cannot find. haiz....
wow a lot of effort must have put into your invites, still need to go for professional printing! i think the guests will appreciate ur effort lah!

Selina

Caleb's invite so nice! so nice u have a sister who can design and have time to design for you. looks super fabulous! everytime see ur posting reminded me that i still owe u money for the birthday supplies. can sms me ur account and amt i owed u? lost the thread that u previously posted. pai seh!

Delphine
Poor desiree! both of u must take care ya! pray hard for her speedy recovery!

Doreen
Alamak! same day celebration! then we have must have video conference to have joint celebration liao. haha since different chalets!

Birthday invite
===============
Share with u ladies on zac's invite. design by his mama a simple one cos his mama is an IT dinosaur.

954011.jpg

like selina, cant wait the actual day comes soon.

Mummies,
Desiree still not well yet, her temperature like roller coaster. after taking fever medicine, her fever will surpress. but once her medicine loses it's effect her fever came back. at 1 point in time, her fever shoot up to 39.9 degree. Really scare me out, keep monitoring her temperature throughout the night.
I need help here, desiree dun like to be sponged.. she will throw whatever i put on her forehead. any ideas where else can i put cold towel and fever patch?

Hi Gracesong/Haze,
will be off on firday, guess will bring her back on thurs. i cant bring her back to my mum's place during weekdays cos there will not be anyone to take care of her as my mum is working as well.

Hi Babygrace,
Is brufen an oral medicine? think of feeding her medicine really pains my heart.

Hi freshposion/selina,
Thanks for your concern, really hope she will recover soon.

Hi vivian,
It's really painful for me to feed her medicine, by adding into her milk will it caused the milk to taste bitter? just curious....

Shirley,
Ok, I sms you. Most likely either tomolo or friday. Wah... Zac zac sleep so early one ah... nowadays Rhys slept only after 10.30pm.
Anything earlier will only means that he will wake up in the middle of the nite/morning...
No lah... need professional printing coz i need it to be waterproof (laser gloss printing).
Your invite is so CUTE!!! Will be nice if every guest can wear it on lanyard during the party like attending some seminar like that... hee.... so cute...

Delphine,
erh... i thot most of the kids medicine are usually sweet?? erh... i never taste his cocktail milk... but I smell it.... eeeek....
I just mixed in more milk to dilute the taste lor...but dun mixed too much milk leh... coz if she refused to drink all, you wun know how much she took for the medicine. I usually used ard 50ml or less. Make sure shake well and feed when she is hungry. Give her the cocktail milk first then the rest of the milk. And must be fast hor....
At least try lor... that time I am already helpless coz Rhys saw the stringe coming will started to struggle and cry, refused to open mouth and no matter how we tried, he will spill everything on the floor. This is the only method that works. Anyway, I have asked the PD nurse abt this and she say can mix in milk so quite safe.

delphine,
Yes brufen is an oral med. The common brand name is neurofen. just like panadol is the brand name of paracetomol. Maybe you can check with the doc regarding that since her fever is still so high?
Joshua also doesn't like to be sponged. What i'll do is to dab water on his forehead and behind the neck and just let the water evaporate. You can also sponge her back and the back of her neck, she cant reach and throw the towel away.

<font color="0000ff">vivian</font> i actually wanted to send printed invites too but after consideration on the cost (i spent quite a lot for the deco & party favours) so decided to save on this instead.

<font color="0000ff">shirley</font> your invite is NICE!!!! agree with Vivian that it will be nice if your guests can wear the card like attending conference or seminars. you so creative. I got no time to do it so ask my sis for help lor.

my account POSB Savings 056-27396-4

realised the image i posted very small. cant see the details. try again here.
954214.jpg

Hi Babygrace,

Thanks for your advise. ya.. i think the doc did prescibe neurofen, it's orange in colour for fever higher than 38.5 degree.
yesterday keep waiting for her to go deep into her sleep and tried to put the patch on her forehead, she will wake up, very light sleeper. in the end, i got so agitated that i stick the patch behind her back. think should help a little ba. will try to tap cold water on her forehead tonight.

Selina/ Vivian

Thought of letting the guests wear it but I dont have time to go and buy the badge holder. haiz also i spent a lot on the cake, chalet and buffet liao. my hubby kept laffing at me that i never keep to my budget. he called it the rolling budget, forever expanding. haha.

Delphine

The patch no use de... U go buy the water pillow.. let her sleep on it.. it helps, my PD teach me de..that time Kyra also fever 39.4, i let her sleep on it throughtout the night.. and in the daytime, i realise she can sleep better with it also..I bought on for her head and one for her body.

Delphine,
oh no, Kennedy was also like that last week, beside fever he also got flu and cough, his cough was so bad that he had to use the nebulizer. We put the fever patch on his forehead, back, stomach, behind his neck and also his feet, you can see that the gel thing on the fever patch will dry up. We tried to sponged him too but very difficult. We were given 2 type of fever medicine, 1 was the nurofen and the other was the parcetamol, so he took them in alternate way in 3 hourly. 1 more method that we did, you all might think it's a silly way but as long the temp can go down I don't care liao. My mum actually use the "mo dan" method to absorb the heat out from his body and it quite effective but kid normally don't like this method.

Jenny,
I'm looking for stationery and mini games that can be put into the goodies bag and if they have the candies and cookies that I want, I think I have no choice to buy from them cos time is running out, trying to get the goodies bag done by this weekend.

Selina, Shirley,
both of your invitation card was very nice and unique. I have brought forward my party to 16 Sep, I done my invitation into a slide show and email to my friends, here is the main part...

954263.jpg

<font color="0000ff">shirley</font> can get the batch & lanyard from popular.

<font color="0000ff">delphine</font> you can try the pharmacy. they should have it. or just constantly use wet towel to wipe her face and body. especially the neck area.

Delphine,
My 2 gals also a lot of medicine now, bo pian, just give as long as it can bring down the temp.
Her fever temp is very high. Did you bring her to hospital??? She must be sponged. Temp too high already!!! Bring her to hospital, they will give her some oral medicine to lower the temp while continue to sponge her. My mum also used the "mo dan" method to absorb the heat from Jolene on Sun. She boiled a hard boiled egg and rub her body while it's hot. Scare fever too high will kena mo dan mah. The water pillow can be bought from Tom & Stephanie.

Selina,
Yr sis really puts in a lot of effort to do the invitation card.

Doreen,
Men are like that one. I also have arguements with my hb over the same issue. Sometimes we just need to close one eye.

Mononoke,
Food court also got high chair mah. If no high chair available, and I have the stroller with me, Jaslyn will sits in the stroller lor. If not, I just carry her. Jolene can sits on her own with us. Just need to introduce the idea to kids, they will get it.

Vivian,
I like Four Seasons durian mooncake. Full of durian, sinful haha..
Oh same boss ah, ya lor, prices ex.

Shirley,
The pass is cute too.

Medicine with milk
I dun really encourage this leh. Cos hor wait the little ones refuse the milk. I tried once on Jolene when she's young. She refused her milk for the next few days cos she thinked I mixed her milk with medicine.

Littlekid,
What type of stationery you looking at? Clementi Central now got major pasar malam, got a lot of stationery sets at reasonable rate.
I bought a pooh color pencil + ruler + eraser + sharpener for Jolene at only $1.50/set. There's also loot bag with a lot of characters at only $2/pack. Someone is selling the same loot bag at the WTS at $3.50/pack.

<font color="0000ff">jenny</font> my sis did the invitation way back in Jul. i super KS so ask her to start then slowly make amendments until finally confirm yesterday.

<font color="0000ff">delphine</font> agree with Jenny. best to bring her to hospital. at least you have professionals there to help monitor n do the necessary. last time my nephew also like that so we admit him. no choice dun like to sponge still have to do it. difficult for us to do it when they start crying so best let the professional handle it. otherwise very dangerous.

<font color="0000ff">littlekid</font> nice invitation too. why u bring fwd so early?

Shirley/Selina

Wow.. you two mummies really put a lot of effort in your DD's birthday.. Both the invite is so unique and special. =)

For me.. i think is through sms liao... so much time on hand yet so lazy to design invites... heehee.. my hubby was still asking me how's the preparations going on and i was like.. ermmm..okay lo... like that lo...heehee.. maybe it's time for me to do something about it...

FEEDING MEDICINE
================
so far i have no prob feeding caleb medicine via the syringe. initial few times yes he will refused n struggle cos we usually have 2 person to feed, 1 feed, 1 holding him down so he scared. then when my mum alone, she feed him ok. so we decided to just 1 person handle so he wont be scared. now everytime bring out the syringe, he will auto open his mouth for us to feed. n he drinks machaim drinking from straw like that. try to go slow and try to make it like no big deal like that when feeding them with syringe so as not to scare them. i feed caleb while carrying him upright. tis is what i learnt. hope it helps.

<font color="0000ff">haze</font> i like to be hands-on for such thing. even my wedding everything i do myself right down to the invitation card was hand made. for me more memory like that. i didnt do much for the invitation this time. all my sis effort. just tell her the theme n she go do it. i leave it to her to design.

<font color="0000ff">shirley</font> sama sama. i also always burst budget one. so this time, i nv set any budget lor. but still i spent damn a lot already. just the deco & favours cost me over $200+ and cake will cost me another $260. not adding the bungalow & buffet yet.

hi mummies....

wah.... hehehe.. can i ask, how much have you all spent on e birthday parties??? me too bursting my budget.. think i spent more on A's birthday then on my own wedding leh... my budget now already bursting at e seams at a staggering $2k liaoz... (incl chalet, buffet, etc...) dunno how much more to go yet... cos stil got so many sprees havent finish paying! but e lucky thing, my hb don't know.. n i dont intend to tell him... he'll *faint* if he knows.....
kao_sticktongue.gif

<font color="ff6000">shirley</font>
i'll arrange with you via sms on collection okay??? btw, have i paid you for e spree yet??? i seriously cannot remember leh... then how much more for shipping, let me know hor.. most prob i pass you cash when i collect e loot from you... thank you!!!

<font color="0000ff">starz</font> WOW! that's a lot. think i hitting $1.8K including bungalow which is abt $400 & buffet will cost me abt $800+. i didnt tell hb how much i spent for the deco & favours. he only knows the cake price cos i had to ask him, bungalow & buffet cos he handling them. he already shake head when he kept receiving my overseas packages with all the favours & deco.

Starz

Okie u sms me on the collection. Nope i have not collected for the spree so will let u know the amount via sms including shipping cost.

Birthday budget
===============
Hmm if not for the sponsorship from my beloved sister on the buffet i think my budget will be close 2k too.

Bungalow $400
Buffet $700
Deco & Favors $150
Cake $220
Agar Agar cake $40
Invitation $50
Poster $60

*fainting* grand total = $1,820

Starz, u r nt alone...... haha

hahaha.... i guessed as much...
same lor, my budget included $400 for e chalet, n $1k for e buffet, not including e $200 for e cake which my dad is sponsoring... i've already spent abt $300 on party deco n snacks without realising it... hahahahaha.... i dont think i wana let hb know how much A's party cost (other than e chalet n buffet cost which he already knows).. cos he's not paying for it.. everything coming out from mummy's pocket....
kao_laugh.gif

Selina,
no choice leh, a lot of people cannot make it on that day.

Haze,
thanks. I think there are a few mummies doing the Pooh theme too, more to see soon.

Jenny,
Clementi?? A bit out of way leh, I'm getting ready to go to Concourse later, hope can get something. Btw, Pine Garden don't have any pictures of Pooh cakes, they only do when we provide them the figurines, where to find these figurines??

just receive this from my coll..
info on medication recall...

SILOMAT, a cough medicine commonly prescribed for children, is being recalled by its manufacturer.

The voluntary recall started in Singapore late yesterday afternoon with the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) and the drug manufacturer sending letters to doctors, hospitals and pharmacists.

German pharmaceutical Boehringer Ingelheim is voluntarily recalling the mixture after studies found that an active ingredient has a slight chance of causing an irregular heart beat.

Doctors said Silomat is commonly prescribed to children to ease coughs. It is also popular because of its non-sedative properties.

HSA yesterday said patients should discontinue taking the cough syrup immediately, and contact their doctors or pharmacists for alternatives.

Only two patients worldwide have shown the irregular heart beat symptom in the four decades that the drug has been available. Nonetheless, the company said yesterday, it is recalling the mixture as a precautionary measure and in the interest of patient safety.

There have been no reports of adverse reactions to Silomax here, said doctors and the HSA.

All parties stressed that the risk was very small, and that there are good alternatives available to treat coughs.

In Singapore, apart from a doctor's prescription, Silomat can be obtained over the counter at pharmacies for about $8.80 for a 125 ml bottle.

Consumers who have bought Silomax should return their packs for refunds, by the end of November, to the pharmacies, clinics or hospitals which prescribed or sold them the medication.

For more information, the public can also call the manufacturer on 6391 8140.

Hi Selina/Littlekid/Jenny/Haze,

Thanks all for your precious advices.
Will take note.

Hi Selina,

xian mu si wo le... feeding caleb with medicine seems so easy...

Starz

My budget also bursting liao.. seriously.. i dun intend to spend too much de.. book my chalet at 255, buffet and bbq at about 600.. then the cake should be about 150 plus the marshmallow lollipops.. decor setting budget around 150, then loot bags for the kids setting about 120.. then Party dresses for my darlings already near 100.. *faint****** and there's still more to come coz i need to get ready beers and stuff for his colleagues and friends.. and tibits for the kids.. i' sure even after buying so much.. there will still be stuffs to be bought on the day itself..my shopping list goes neverending...heehee.. i think mine already consider low budget liao ba...

Hi Dephine,
Can let her sleep at cooler pillow also. Can buy this for future use also. IT's cooling when sleep at aircon room.

Me also mix the medicine into bottle milk, i usually will use two bottle, one fill with medicine with milk around 1oz like tat, then follow by normal bottle milk. In that way, bb can drink all the med lo.

If doc prescribe med that is bitter (maybe like antibiotic), the bb wont like it & will vomit it out. so diff to feed them on that. Can request to change to sweet taste one.

Ok... here's Rhys' party invite.
Erh... going to be a bit confusing here...

Front and back of the card.
954619.jpg
954620.jpg

The middle pix of the front is actually a magnet.
The front of the magnet have 3 designs. So different guest will get a different design, random picked.
This is the other 2 designs.
954621.jpg
954622.jpg

And this is the back of the magnet
954623.jpg

Liked the magnet idea coz my guest will have something to remember Rhys of, even after the party. And since Rhys has always been a smiley baby, right from birth till now, my "theme" of the party is Smiley... hee....

Mummies, wow.. u all make me very 'cang kui'. I prepare nothing, no invites, havnt order cake, didnt buy decor.. in short, I have done nothing for my boys' birthday.

Vivian, I also booked pool terrace. Not cheap nowadays hor.. $160 for wkend. They think civil servants earn alot. Remember to pose pics after Rhys' birthday.. I can get ideas on how to decor the plc when my boys' turn come. How much did u spend getting the magnets done? Very nice. I like Rhys' smile..

Back