(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

ladies, dun take soya beancurd! all the older folks asked me not to take coz it seems like the coagulant for the soyabean drink to solidify is not recommended during pregnancy. soya bean milk still ok, but not too much a day.
 


Gembaby,
A bit heavy to carry so many bottles of water leh... oredi carrying 1 bottle. usually I will just live thru it...

dun worry. think 2 litres still ok. so long as not more than what u normally consume will do or extreme. gestation diabetes is diabetes during pregnancy. most mtbs only discover in 3rd trimester cos think doc usually does a blood test or something... me not too sure oso... but will cause bb to b bigger in size than will have to go 4 c-section. my sis had to control her diet in the early stages n monitor blood sugar after every meal... but condition got worst later cos she eating less but blood sugar nv go down so no choice got to opt for insulin injection. everyday until give birth so quite shiong lor... further more got to inject yourself...
 
Hi selina,

so we are in the same boat. hopefully few more wks later, our problem will be resolved when our tummy getting bigger. i dun want to wear my SILs maternity clothes now as tummy is still a bit small and if wear, pple tot that trying to show off or whatever when the tummy is still not that visible....

Hi crystalised,

u can drink so much water in a day? My colleagues are saying that I can really drink, in office, normally about 12-13 styofoam cups of water.U even better.

Btw, MTBs, anyone of you planning/going pre-nantal classes?
 
ladies
I not going for the pre-natal massage liao
happy.gif
 
hi ladies, r u all talking about "dao huay", we cannot eat ar??? oh dear... me dun know leh... still had it few week ago...

doggiemummy: the toy r us sales really packed when i go down & see during lunch... but think today only for members only, will open to public from sat to mon
 
Delphine
Thanks, I going down today after work borrowed the member card from my friend
happy.gif
hubby wan to buy Lego for babies

Gemini
I was told the classes no need to go so early, cos at later stage with the weight increased (extra load from baby) then we can understand the class better
 
Selina,
U mean u bring ur own water to ofc daily??? there isnt any water cooler or wat? if so, then i strongly encourage u to invest in a kettle and a big btl so u can hold ur water aft boiling. i cant imagine jus surviving on a btl of water a day.
crazy.gif


yah lor, will watch out. usually its abt 2 litres. i drink lesser during wkends coz i seldom juz sit at 1 plc, so i 4get to drink water. in ofc, i will drink every now and then, and tts why i can hit 2 litres a day. and this amt is only in ofc. i go home can drink another 500-800ml somemore.

gemini,
i think 12-13 cups oso equivalent to at least 1 litres>? hey issit gd to use styrofoam cups? why not get a cup? hahaha, 4 me, a cup is not sufficient 4 me. i am using big btl to hold my water, so i dun hv to walk up and down so many times 4 water and end up lazy to get up 4 water, so my water consumption decrease tremendously.

i signed up 4 my antenatal class liao. starting in June in TMC.
happy.gif


delphine,
yep its dao huey. drink alrdy nvm lah. juz try to avoid in future.
 
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif


Hi hi crystallized..
Haha..oic..hmm..hard to say leh..sometimes our taste changes when we get preggy lor..haha..hmm..want to bet a not ahh..seems to be exciting in this bet leh..haha..haha..hmm..

Hi hi Vivian..
I guess u shd really start looking for maternity wear lor..coz u r so much earlier than us..heehee..so surely ur tummy will grow out more..also bcoz u r carrying a BOY, so ur tummy will grow pointing outwards..better go shopping then cheong to ur gynaes clinic lor..hehe..dun think so much..baby will be growing well one..u monitor for a while ba, I think its baby lor..coz at 1st u will feel some light fluttering or bubbles-like actions b4 u feel babys kick..heehee..

Hi hi Selina..
Tok to ur baby & ask baby to heal u of ur pjng-xue..i duno if u believe anot..but I do believe that baby & pregnancy will help change/heal us. Of our sickness...tell baby to help heal u of ur ping-xue..it might help somehow..anyway, no harm trying also..oh, ur dad will be doing confinement for u ahh..so nice of him..wow..ur dad very steady leh..i m so impressed!

kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
kao_happy.gif
 
Crystallized:

thanks.. guess will have to avoid it in future..

doggiemummy:

No prob.. but really the toys are going real cheap.. 5-10 bucks for each item.
 
wendy: izzit true that when carrying a boy, tummy will point outwards??? then think mine is girl liao... cos mine like growing side way... haha...
 
wendy,
so u wanna bet i am hvg a son or daughter?
proud.gif


delphine,
its said tt tummy will b pointy when carrying boys. and if its girls, the mummy "loses" sight of her waistline in early pregnancy. but then many old wives tales lah. see which one u wanna believe.

the one tt wendy said abt me tdy is a new old wives tales to me.
happy.gif


doggiemummy,
so early u wanna cheong toys alrdy? hehehe
biggrin.gif
wah u got energy hor, i lazy like hell.
 
Hi doggiemummy,

thks for the info on the pre-natal classes. Still considering whether to go cos I'm taking yoga now.

Hi crystalized,

The styrofoam cups is those normal size which pple used for "takeaway" drinks one. Me lazy to wash cup.;p so use styrofoam cups easier. My office got those water coolers. I can only drink from the hot water tap only. The cold water will create "havoc" in my stomach. I have filled my tea pot with hot water but too hot, I cant drink also, so will pour in the styrofoam cup for it cool down.

Gender of bb
============
My bb gender is still unknown, but there's already 6 persons that's guessing mine is a boy (to 1 person: girl). Cos of my nose. Got bigger. Though i dun see any changes myself
 
crystallized
hubby wan to cheong for Lego... he play liao then "teach" his children how to play :p nice excuse for buying toys rite? hahaa
 
hullo all!

havent log in for a long time!
just got back from shoppig.. share with you all..topshop and dorothy perkins at seiyu bugis having 20% off! quite good for maternity esp dorothy perkins..tho not much selection but on basics with 20% i think it 's pretty good..hehe
 
Hi Doggiemummy,
If u buy the toys, must buy 2 sets of exactly the same thing, including same colour. Otherwise they'll fight. I used to sell things and alot of mummies said that about their twins wor.

Your BBs helping each other to hide their genders har? Never mind lah. Detailed scan should b able to confirm. Hmm..another 1 month to go only!

Hi MTBS,
Heard if pregnant with girl, tummy will be round. If pregnant with boy, tummy will be pointy and mummy's nose will be oily and round.
 
Wendy,
My tummy now not very pointy... maybe later... haha...
But my mum say if is boy, usually tummy will hide for longer time then later show one... but girl hor, tummy will show very early...
Looks like quite true to me coz my tummy now, is my school's top bizarre topic... everyone has been wondering why 4 mths liao my tummy still cannot see... then plus me very choy lor... those who dun know me, cannot even guess that I am alrady 4mth preg. Everyday got different colleague ask me, where is my tummy... haha.... and I got another colleague having a girl, her tummy is so big when she is 3 or 4mths leh... haha.... Old wives myth lah... but fun to know...

Gemini, my nose is super big leh... sob sob... anyway, you taking yoga? I want to try also leh... any recommendation since if i rem correctly, you live near me right??
 
wendy,
me dad is the chef at home... he cooks for us since young. he's oso the sinseh n tui na da shi... my life is surrounded wif male cooks... HB loves to cook so he offered to help wif confinement food if dad is not free...

i will go try your suggestion. anyway no harm n i like to talk to bb often.

gemini,
me also looking ard for pre-natal classes but heard no need to attend so early. i looking for those that oso teaches how to take care of bb so HB can learn and share load... want him to b more involved as well so can bond wif bb too...

my water intake now consider a lot compared to pre-pg. m a known camel n can no need to drink water whole day esp when not working lor... now i try to drink more but still not too much as i will merlion... very scared...

Gender of BB
============
I used to be quite accurate in predicting other's bb gender but now my turn, cant really tell...
 
janice
huh buy 2 identicate toys ah?? but mine is non-identicate twins leh, different or not? I was thinking get them each a different toy as chou chou (smelly smelly) then the rest of the toys can share
 
Gender of BB
============
just remembered another way to guess gender. when my sis having #1, b4 their scan to find out gender, BIL used their wedding ring hung on a red string, put on top of your palm dangling (hands must b stable, cannot move otherwise not accurate) then the ring started moving. it went from side to side then stopped, then round, stopped, then side to side again, stopped, n round circle again and stopped n nv move liao. apparently tis shows sis will have 4 kids, side to side = boy, round circle=girl. her #1 is boy - bulls eyes, #2 is girl - another bulls eyes. She trying next year for #3 so will c if accurate or not by then. we tried on my mum n first 3 correct - girl girl boy, but there was a 4th one but we only have 3 siblings...

u ladies may wanna try for the fun of it.
 
Gemini,
but if u juz drink plain water, no need to wash cup mah. wah u the ultimate leh, dun wanna wash cup so use disposable ones?
lol.gif


the nose bigger one i heard b4 so it might b true u hvg a son!
happy.gif


doggiemummy,
ur hb so nice! such a perfect excuse leh!
biggrin.gif
say until so nice tt he wanna teach thw twins how to play later. but then lego can invest lor. no harm.
happy.gif
sometimes i oso use bb as an excuse 4 sthg silly i wanna do or eat. hahaha
lol.gif


janice,
preggie wif boys neck will b dirty dirty! GOSH!
crazy.gif


vivian,
another similarity for us!
happy.gif


my tummy oso not showing then so many pple hv commented am i really pregnant? where's my tummy since now i am 17 wks!
lol.gif
i find it so funny. now i start 2 hv tummy and need to wear maternity pants 4 comfort but thing is my tummy dun seemed to b like pregnancy swell lor.

wah urs confirmed boy boy liao, it seems.
happy.gif
 
Hi Vivian,

Pai seh. Cant rembr. I'm staying at Punggol.I'm learning from the Punggol Park CC at Hougang (facing Punggol Park). But if you have not learned yoga previously, I will suggest you go to those yoga classes specially for pregnant ladies. As for where you can attend these classes, I'm not sure leh.

I used to learn from CC so that's why the master willing to teach me as CC cater for normal people.

Hi doggiemummy,

hear from my mum that for twins, when first brought them home, both of them cant enter the hse at the same time. Must be one in 1st then the 2nd one. Or else, if 1 is sick,the next one will be sick too. Dun know true or not.
 
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif


Hi hi delphine..
Ya, if u r carrying a boy, ur tummy will be more pointed..if girl, will be more round..actually now quite early to tell..usually when bigger then can tell..now its more on craving..haha..

Hi hi crystallized..
No lah..thats not really a old old wives tales leh..hehe..it comes together with the old wives tales I got to learn abt the tummy..haha..i think I got post it out b4..need to go & check the old wives tales that I have posted out previously..hehe..wah..u taking bets ahh..illegal gambling leh..hmm..u must tell me more leh..wait ahh..i post out the old wives tales..me go & search the archives 1st..heehee..ya, Vivian is carrying a Prince..she confirm it I think few wks back..but I think ur chance of getting a Prince is very high leh..hehe..

Hi hi Gemini..
Hmm..u mean so early ur nose expand liao meh? Really ahh..i thot usually is nearer to EDD then bcome more obvious? Hmm..

Hi hi Janice..
The neck black & dirty I think quite hard to tell leh..haha..i also heard that if boy boy is slightly ugly as compared to b4 preggy..but if girl girl then becomes more pretty leh..heehee..

Hi hi Selina..
Wow..so lucky of u..i guess it must be very wonderful to have a daddy doing confinement for u hor..hehe..so sweet..So glad to hear that u r thinking of trying out my suggestion..i m sure it will be very very useful & helpful also..i m sure baby will heal u also..i believe it does help lor..baby will help to heal u or ur sickness also..hope u get better also..i m very keen in trying out the suspension of the rings also..but I dun think i get it..dun quite understand how I shd hold the string with the ring in it on top of where ahh?a bit lost..haha..

kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_smile.gif
 
hi hi ladies..
here's what i found abt some of the Old Wives Tales to share with everyone..some seems interesting..haha..

http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/pregnancy/owt1.htm
http://womens-place.com/pregnancy/oldwives.php
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/general/aches/old_wives_tales.html

Pregnancy If a pregnant woman is denied a craving, the first place she touches with her dominant hand will become a birthmark on the baby.

If you want a boy, drink cola products, eat more red meats and stick with salty snacks like pretzels and chips.

If it's a girl you desire, both partners should eat lots of vegetables and fish and bulk up on sweets-especially chocolate!

Is it a boy or a girl?

If you're carrying high it's a boy and low, it's a girl.
If you're carrying in front, it's a boy and wide, it's a girl.
If you crave sweets, you'll have a girl.
If you crave meats or cheeses, you'll have a boy.
If you get red highlights in your hair, you'll have a girl.
If your belly gets hairy, you'll have a boy.
Dark nipples mean you're having a boy.
If you have morning sickness early in pregnancy, it's sure to be a girl.
If you look a little "rough around the edges," it must be a girl because girls steal their mother's looks.
If your skin breaks out, you're sure to have a girl.
If your right breast is bigger, it will be a boy. If your left breast is larger, it will be a girl.
If your hands are dry and chapped, it will be a boy.
If your feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy, you're having a girl.
Suspend a needle from some thread and have someone hold it one inch above your hand. If the needle swings back and fort, a girl is in your future. If it moves in a circle, you can count on a boy.
Hang your wedding ring from a strand of the father's hair over your belly. If the ring moves side to side, it'll be a girl. If it swings, it will be a boy. Also, be sure to count the rotations that the ring makes to find out how many children you'll carry in your lifetime.
(alternate version) To predict the sex of a baby: Suspend a wedding band held by a piece of thread over the palm of the pregnant girl. If the ring swings in an oval or circular motion the baby will be a girl. If the ring swings in a straight line the baby will be a boy.
 
hi doggiemummy,

hv to check wif my mum. Will update you.

hi Selina,

The method u mention,dangling the ring. I heard b4 . Previously, tried with my friend ring when I'm in poly, the ring did not move at all. At that time, I did not think much of it. But when my gynae tell me that I may have problem conceiving, I was so scared that the ring method is so accurate that I will not have kids. Luckily, things turn out for the best.

I'm staying at blk 160B. If I'm not mistaken, vivian is staying at blk starting 17xx... Vivian, correct me if I'm wrong.
Y r u staying temp at your mum place?
 
wendy,
loop your ring onto the string, with the ring dangling, hold it over your right palm. station it there without moving your hand that is holding the ring. wait n see if the ring moves. make sure u or the one holding the ring dun move your hands...
 
Hi Doggiemummy,
I think no difference if the twins are identical or non-identical ba.. The mummies told me all the things must be exactly the same - school bags lah, clothes lah etc. must be same colour, same pattern. Otherwise they'll think it's not fair and will fight.

But u can try and buy different things first? Mayb those mummies always buy same things for them since they were babies. So they used to having the same things liao??

Hi Delphine,
alot of old wives tales lah. Hey! Y dun we try and see if it's true? Sounds interesting leh? I do have a feeling that my bb is a boy, though not confirm yet. And like Vivian, my nose also becoming bigger.. *SAD*
 
gemini,
after i was discharged from hopsital ve been staying wif mum cos dad scared no one cook for me cos i had to stay home after that for another 30 days or more. had some bleeding in early stages.

i stay 637A.
 
hi hi Selina..
hmm..when u said "hold it over your right palm", do u mean i use my left hand to hold the string with ring hanging on top of my right palm?then dun move & observe if the ring is moving which direction ahh?seems interesting leh..hmm..
 
Gemini/vivian/selina...

count me in count me in.. haha... me staying in 161A... wow that's so near... maybe can meet up to drink coffee...

Janice: hehe so is that your preferred gender? if yes, then nvm lah... for the sake of bb...
 
hi hi ladies..
seems like there's lotsa of mummies in Punggol hor..hehe..hmm..actually will be quite nice if we can meet up also for a Oct 06 mtb's gathering..for dinner & chat-chat also..what do u all think?
 
Thanx for the book titles...
Actually me more on trying to find excuse to go out lah.....hehe
Too bored at home liao...

Selina if I decide to get the book will let u know.
The ring thing actually very accurate for my mum and sis. Can just use your necklace and pandent or any string or hair wif your ring. Works the same. But I realised some ppl cannot hold the string cos it won't move. My hubby is one of those ppl. I tried it also and apprently I will have 5 kids.....hahahaha

Wendy
Me going to see baby same day as u. My gynea so nice she even tell me if I want to go weekday she can give me MC....hahaha

Maternity clothes
I bought a 3/4 pants in XL(only one left) which was too big but my mum help me sew the side so hip area not so big so I thought at least a bit loose and comfy. But when I wore it today I realise it fits just nice already. Booo hoo.
My tummy also show but in normal wear I look fat. In maternity top cannot see my tummy....hahaha
 
wendy, so we will see at my next scan then. hopefully bb cooperative then we can see gender and observe the other things we supposed to see.
happy.gif


wah alot of mummies stay in punggol ah. thats convenient 4 u all to gather.
happy.gif


Happy Labour Day!
happy.gif
 
Wah, so many MTBs staying at Punggol area ah!

Jasmine,
Dun think so. But this (water retention) happened to me in my last pregnancy. I guess maybe part of genes problem also. My intake of water quite a lot, but I dun understand why still kena. Gynae told me to drink lots of water to flush out the tonix.

Wendy,
Cos DOM contains 40% achohol. When one is TTC, should watch food intake. You see, by the time we realise we are preggie, we are usually 4 weeks preggie le, by that time then stop achohol stuff, a bit dangerous lor. So I stop achohol once I start to TTC.
I can feel the "zhong zhong" feeling when I move my feet. If water retention is very serious, can even see. Then when you use finger to press, it will leave a mark.

crystallized,
Not sure of what to prevent water retention leh. My water retention for my last pregnancy was very terrible lor. Serious till gynae did a blood test for me, he wanted to test if the water retention caused my blood pressure to be high. Who knew, the next day, I delivered le. Wasted my blood!

gemini,
Ya, soya bean milk may consists of "shi gao". Thats why max is one glass per day only.
Me no plan for pre-natal class. My gynae said if want to go, later near later stage, so can remember the things clearly.
 
Gemini,
it's good to attend pre-natal class from 6 mths onwards. It's different from yoga class. the pre-natal class will only cover about 2 sessions of exercise. The rest will be on nutrition, breast-feeding, the birth process, baby care and a hospital tour. i find that it's good for 1st time parents especialy for husbands cos they don't read up on pregnancy books or learn from forums like us. haha!
there are weekday classes and weekend classes. good to book early to get a slot at the preferred timing.

janice,
my 1st one is a boy. true that tummy is pointed but not true about the big nose or dirty neck leh. everyone says i still looked the same.
 
Jenny,
i think water retention is in us rite? Some will kena, some will not. so i think its not coz of water intake. anyway even if its due to water, i dun think i can cut down on my water consumption as well. hahaha
lol.gif


now i alrdy feel i am v heavy though my tummy not really showing and i hv not reached my pre-pregnancy weight. but my guess is, COMING SOON!
crazy.gif


U din go 4 pre natal class ah? mine will start when i am 23 wks. i think juz nice bah. when i finish i am ard 30 wks.
happy.gif
i cant get a later slot, coz tt means i will start at 31 wks and end ard 38 wks. wah too close to EDD, and i will b so clumsy by then to do any exercise!
proud.gif


bbgrace,
lucky u din kena the big nose and worst, the dirty neck!!!!

how much weight did u ladies in ur 1st delivery gained? managed to lose all? i noe there is one of u whom lost until it was lesser than pre-pregnancy but cant rem who liao.
 
crystallized,

I think so. Some ppl will "store" more water than others kekeke... I guess I can't escape from water retention this time again!

Ya, I din go for pre natal class. Firstly, my gynae said not much help lor, but he dun mind me attending, but he advise to go after mid 2nd trimester (about 5th mth), cos will remember what are taught in class. Of cos the class dun end at 38 weeks lah! Too late le kekeke... sekali you going to delivery during the class at 38th weeks ah!

I gained 19kg. Lost all by 1st mth. I think babygrace is the one who lost until it was lesser than her pre-pregnancy weight.

Ya lor, you wake up so early for wat ah? weekend leh! I wanna sleep late also cannot, my gal woke me up at 7+
sad.gif
 
jenny,
i think i oso got water retention prob thus my beautician says its easier 4 me to lose weight, coz mostly water mah. will b dreafdul if they r fats.
crazy.gif


hahaha, so i go at 23 wks is ok lah.
happy.gif


wah lost all the weight by 1st mth. thats wonderful. 4 my BMI, max weight gain is 18kg.

i dunno why i woke up so early. coz my hb woke up 4 work and my sleep was disturbed. aiyah it usually happens to me when i no need to work one. weird freak! tts y only on wkdays i wished i dun hv to wake up 4 work!
lol.gif


aiyoh, u got an auto "alarm clock"... my turn will oso come ah...
 



Back
Top