(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

edksd,
Gabriel dunno how to flip from tummy to back. Hahah.. he kind of skipped learning this. He can only flip from back to tummy now leh. :p

edksd
so funni..urs low fat milk, then mine is high fat milk liao (7kg 62cm) haha.

javier used to drink around 80-100ml every 2hr. now trying to increase to 130-140ml every 3hr. sometimes work, sometimes fail (50/50)

daisybutton
u got the rainbow pooh design huh? its 12mm thick. me ordered the world map. hmm..dont know want to change to rainbow pooh since its 1mm thicker. same price anyway
happy.gif

my mom says no nd to bring kai to PD, he's fine. sigh... i duno leh... i try not to be so paranoid too but it's really quite worrying as this's the first time he's coughing.

im worried if i dun bring him today, tomorrow is wkend liao... sigh...

later 3pm im going over to breastfeed him, give him more antibodies and see how. he doesnt seem to drink much last night when i breastfed him.

today still thinking of bringing him to the airport to fetch his father. now duno whether i shld or not.

edksd, why don't you let your mum know about your worries and bring kai to PD? I'm sure she'll understand since she's mummy herself. Then if kai is alright, you can bring him to airport. I'm sure he missed his daddy too!
happy.gif

joon,

i didn't get to c the phlegm colour. MIL told me abt it. Last nite Yun look okie to me leh, still play wit us except she dun wan to drink & more sleepy. Maybe i will monitor her over the wkend first.

Ladies, I got a stupid Q. how do i knw yun cough not becas of choking on salivia? She cough a few times & i always thot it becas she like to play wit her salivia

phoebe, yah mine is rainbow pooh.
happy.gif
no leh, there is 2 types of thickness actually. at least from the babejoyu webby that my friend bot it from. got 12mm or 15mm. mine is the thicker one.

edksd, yes its foldable. in fact, it came folded in a bag. my friends joked that its like a "di lum" hehehe. how to clean ah? hhmm we only use water plus a bit of dettol to clean the 1st time.

anyone knws if its ok to clean with dettol?

can I ask mummies a question? anyone of you started the 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 at 2.5mths huh? mine started around that age leh. i dunno why i do that. i know supposed to start at 3mths, but that time the appt was scheduled at 2.5mths so i just went ahead. the 2nd jab was at 3.5 mths. is this okie? will it be bad for the baby? now i so worried leh. though i know ang moh countries sometimes let their baby take at 2mths, but their country also higher rate of SID leh. am i being paranoid? pls someone assure me. i feel like such a lousy mom. i am usually so careful about things and will do so much research before doing, but this jab thingie i not sure if i did wrongly. and is it true that each jab must be 4 weeks apart? can be longer right?

yesterday got quite a scare by Jovann loh. gave him a little bit of infant panadol before jab. end up afternoon my parents said his hands and feet cold and temp was 36.3 when usually its 37.3! i so freaked out. and when i called nurse at sbcc she said shldn't give if child no fever coz may cause him to be hypothermic. i so worried. lucky after that wrapped him with blanket and off aircon, he okie liaoz. we didn't feed him pao shen or ling yang coz dunno how his body will react to chinese herbs so young. esp since his daddy my hubby is very super reactive to it.but i think if feed small amt like in rice water shld be okie lah hor?

oh my Jovann is on high fat milk then. he is 6.9kg and 62cm long at 3.5mths. i still feel its light leh, this last mth his weight gain like slow down like dat. but i heard from friend that 5in1 and 6in1 will cause baby to lose weight ah? oh dearr.... i so worried now...will he lose weight? is it purely coz appetite not good?

dumpty, i hope kai can recover on his own if it's just a cold.

like melody, i think i'll just monitor over the wkend.

my ameda pump motor stopped a while when im pumping. i quickly off it n on again, it worked for 2 sec n stopped again. i off/on again, it's wrkg now. alamak. so dangerous. wat if it broke down during wkend. called infantree. they said will chk w manufacturer. if it's down during wkend, call them on hp no.

joon, oh sala lah! i make mistake i super blur. think hubby was talking about anderson and not st andrews. i knew i make a mistake when u say its at potong pasir. so far for us! hehehehee...paiseh. is anderson good? basically which are the good primary schools in the west huh anyone knows?

daisybutton, after folded how big n how thick is it?

urs is 6-in-1 right? 6-in-1 normally take in 2nd mth coz of the incorporated hepb jab.

Littlepony,
Yes I too think it would be better for the son to talk to the mother instead of me.

How wish BB would be good and we adult can just understand what they are gaga and gugugu about . . hehehehe

Joon,
The last time we brought Sherilyn for her first jab she weights 5.6kg and 62cm. So hope that she will be gain more after one month.

Yes you are right she let me have a longer sleep but I still get up now and them just to take a look at her.
crazy.gif
I think it is very natural that any mummy will do lor.

edksd and melody,

with my bb's past experience, i really think if u hear bb cough.. monitor. My PD did say that bb will definitely cough a few times but if you hear it happening very often, i suggest you bring bb to doctor.

There is this viral infection going around especially this time of the year until Feb. So try not to bring bb out too often to crowded plcs.

daisybuttons,
Just to share with u, keira had her 5in1 jab at 3mths 1week bcoz PD was away and the nurse called to change the appt. keira was supposed to have jab on 16 Dec (3 mths) but changed to 23 Dec (3mths 1 week) and at that time, I asked nurse if it has to be past 3 mths or can take earlier than 16 dec and she said gotta be >3mths cannot be earlier than 3 mths. Hope that answers.

Daisybutton,
Sherilyn is on 6 in 1 and her first jab was done on 04 Dec when she just turn 3 months we wanted it to be earlier but the nurse advise us not too as the baby might be a bit weak coz after the jab baby will feel abit tired.

I went to the Chinese medical hall they and my mum say that it is ok to give them some pao sheng to drink the day before the jab just put two slices into a cup of hot water and later mix it with milk. This is supposed to boost up their immune system.

hi edksd no mine is 5in1 leh.
sad.gif

hhmmm, how big and how thick ah. let me agar agar hor.......think the bag about 4-5inches thick. as for how big. imagine the playmat folded into 6's. the playmat is 125 by 185cm. so about 60 by 60cm lah?

hi cereal and sha, oh dear. then i so worried now. dunno whats wrong with me. oredi read that start at 3mths dunno why go and start at 2.5mths. cereal, did the nurse mention why 3 mths? i know its MOH guideline. sha, if my baby seems okie after taking the jab, shld be okie lah hor?? will have long term effect a not?
sad.gif

then for those who take 6in1, many take at 2mths right? isn't it the same since 6in1 have all the things that 5in1 has just that it has hep b. so how come that one most ppl take in 2mths leh?

edksd,
wayne started coughing many months before. think on his 2nd month. it wasn't very obvious kinda cough. We ignore thinking he choke on his saliva. within a day, he choked on his own phlegm and turned blue. We rushed him to A&E. He was infected with viral infection, flu, fever, cough, blocked nose. Hospitalised and have tube running down his throat to take out his phlegm.

Now, he is better but i know his body is weaker than before

littlepony, my mom said kai's coughing is not phelgm type of coughing. he coughs becoz he chokes on his salivia as now he has blocked nose, so when he lies down, he'll get choked.

i duno leh. but i try not to be super paranoid too. i shall monitor kai over the wkend as i'll be latching him 100% over the wkend, hopefully pass him all the antibodies to recover.

if he's still not ok by monday, i'll definitely bring him to the PD first thing in the morning.

hi daisybutton,
i also bought e rainbow pooh 15mm one, e salegirl told me just wipe with damp cloth & not to put dettol ( I forgot e reason behind it liao) anyway i ask my maid to wipe with damp cloth every morning then wipe with a dry cloth again before putting baby down.

melody, edksd

if i were u, I'll bring bb to see a PD. Cos of the weather, a lot of ppl fall sick and there's lotsa virus passing around.

Angeline

I ordered the Tippy Toe socks for my Rachel recently. The lady who organise the BP is starting a new BP and want us to order via email.

You can mail to Joanne Tay at [email protected]
with subject "Tippy Toes - 2nd BP" and advise her on the design and qty.

if u r ordering for Trinity, I believe u r refering to the Mary Janes series. It comes in 6 colors per box at AUD$17. very nice !! Rachel wore it a few times and it even attracted attention from sales gal at the shopping mall ! heheh they tot she's wearing shoes !

My Rachel sleeps at 10+ - 11+ depending on her last feed and wake up at 6+ - 7am. Quite good arrangement for me
happy.gif

edksdk, my EBM is low fat milk too. Rachel's weight gain super slow. but ok lah she is healhty, alert and happy !!! ;)

Littlepony

rem to post Wayne's pic of BEFORE and AFTER shave ok !! that time when I saw him, his hair was quite short ya ?

Sha, if sherilyn cannot finish her milk, she should be given the same amt EARLIER or more milk at the same timing right ? why reduced the milk intake ?

daisybuttons,

yun had her first 6-in-1 jab when she 2 mths old. me must be a blur mummy, i dun even knw cannot take b/f 3mths, they gave me the date & i jst go.
uhoh.gif

daisybuttons,

I did not ask the nurse why cannot b4 3mths.. but i think that is the standard duration for bb to be able to "withstand" the jab ba (like wat Sha has mentioned).

for 6in1, I tot supposed to take 4th mth? mine arranged for 4 mth leh. Again, cannot be earlier, has to be >1 mth after 3rd mth jab.

And I think as long as ur bb is fine and healthy now, I dun think u need to worry la. I feel they want to take the jab at recommended timeframe to minimise any risks. But since ur bb ok now, then shld be no cause to worry.

i agree with ilovebb about bringing bb to see doctor. However, if not.. please monitor closely and don't leave them alone even for a sec.. blocked nose is fine for adults becos we know how to clear it. But for bb, they dunno so maybe abit too challenging for them.

ilovebb,
haa. long liao leh. but all standing one.. unless i make him wear camp. I like to trim alittle and make it spiky spiky.

6-in-1 shld take in 2nd mth. coz 6-in-1 includes hepB 2nd jab which is to be taken in 2nd mth, therefore bb has to take their 1st 6-in-1 in 2nd mth.

whereas for 5-in-1, hepB not included, so bb shld already hv taken hepB 2nd jab in 2nd mth, therefore 1st 5-in-1 can wait till 3rd mth.

Trinity had her 1st 6 - 1 jab a little less than 2 months. I think it was about 7 wks old. Didn't know that cannot take before 3 mth. PD said OK so I just went ahead. Will be bring her for the 2nd jab later this month.

Ed,
maybe should standby a manual pump in case the electric breaks down again.

ilovebabies,
thanks for the BP tip, will write to Joanne. I like the sneaker design that Joon bought for DN, I am the tom boy kind and my shoe cabinet is filled with sport shoes. Maybe I'll get both sneaker and mary jane for Trinity. Have to think about the cost first.

Ilovebabies,
I had the same sentiment as well as BUT not my MIL she worry that Sherilyn will waste the milk if she dont finish it therefore the next feed she will reduce it.

This really upset me. Thou I did not ask her personally I ask my maid but I dont think the maid will lie to me about such thing right???

oh..sorry, then i confused b/w 5in and 6in1.. sometimes also dunno what jab bb taking hehe. i just send her to take jab accordingly to scheduled timeline :p

Sha

understand ur situation. very very difficult cos it involves MIL. u feeding her EBM or formuala ? anyway in both cases, I think wastage is not an issue anymore. We rather trial and error cos bb sometimes have big appetite at times, just like adults. So why not give a bit more right ?

hai.. i dont know how I can help u in this ? how abt giving Sherilyn more at nite ? Rachel somehow has bigger appetite in her last feed. Prob her body knows that it's sleeping time so shld store more milk before sleep.

Angeline

I think the socks designs are nice and gals usually can wear boys' design BUT not vice versa ! ha !

littlepony

can gel Wayne's hair too .. eheh

littlepony,
Wayne's hair grow so fast ah? Cut first month now long already? Did you rub anything? I wanna know coz Gabriel's hair hardly growing ever since 1st month's shaving. Every weekend I hv to answer to my MIL why his head still botak!
uhoh.gif

dumpty,
ya.. long alreadi. probably about 1.5inch-2inch tall.. so we are planning to trim abit especially at the ear area.. becos his hair touches the ear so should be abit itchy...
I didn't rub anything leh..

He was born with lots of hair.. so i guess his hair grow very fast

dumpty
my rachel too. cut hair hair at 1st and 3+mth. cannot wait till 4th mth cos her hair grow super fast. She was born with lotsa hair too.

don worry, i know of kids who had their first hair cut when they are 1 yr old ! ahhaah

Littlepony
Wayne's hair grown rather fast wor.. keira's grown out i think abt 1" - 1.5" and the back still quite "raw" as in not much grown out yet...

Ilovebabies,
I know that is why I am upset and my hands are tie and there is very little my hubby can do. Precisely to me wastage is not the issue here as we do not know, feel and understand the baby but she does not think it this way. I can only sign and show face to my hubby.

I am giving her FM have just throw away few packet of my BM and dont ask why as well.

Sha,
normally for me, i will give trial and error too. Wayne sometimes get hungry n feed on 120ml..sometimes, 100ml.. unpredictable... so we see the time interval and then give 120ml. If he can't finish, then nevermind lor.. but if he can finish, we very happy.

But don't worry too much. If bb hungry, they will cry n cry.. so don't have to worry about bb's milk intake.

Sha,
maybe can tell your MIL that PD said BB is underweight and should try to feed her more. Then she probably cannot defy PD's instructions right?

Angie,
haaa. evil tot but hey, it's good suggestion isn't it??

Sha, maybe you can try!!! It works most of the time.. coz i know my mil listen to PD alot leh.. She always say dr ngiam says.....

Littlepony,
Yes if she can finish the milk I am very happy as well but I think mostly all babies will have this problem as well lah.

Angeline,
Try that and she did increase by 10ml???

Aiyo we mummies got lot to worries. . .first we worry about our babies not drinking enough then whether they got poo poo anot and the colour of their poo poo as well
rofl.gif

Then later we worry about them getting the right the jab and so on. . . .we are JUST GREAT MUMMIES!!!!! I will go home and hug my mummy.
lol.gif

Sha,
haaa. ya lor.. each feeding is like a little achievement sometimes leh... i tell u, the other time when wayne was hospitalised and he was drinking only 30ml (doctor say can only feed so much).... he cry the moment the milk was finished. It's obvious he wanted more but we can't give him.. I end up crying as well.

Yes, we are just great mummies!!! haaaaa!!! i love my mummy too! :)

Littlepony,
ya each feed is like an achievement and if I managed to feed her all 180ml I will wake my husband up and show him see she can drink and see how hungry she is and why???? hahahaha. . .I am so bad!!!
wink.gif

So all mummies all there give yourself a hug!

hi rainnie and emma, can give me the name of ur PD again and his number pls? me wanna change pd leh.

cereal, yah lah i oso tell myself since he is fine now, i shldn't worry too much. bo bian, i am such a paranoid mummy loh.

sigh, its weekend i shld be happy. somehow mood a bit dampened by the fact that hubby going to play golf early morning tmlw. sometimes i do resent the fact that our lives changed so much while our hubby's one remains almost the same. i do enjoy being a mummy so much, just that sometimes when i want time to myself my plans have to be shelved coz of some reasons. like once i oredi prepare ebm told hubby in advance i wanna go out in the afternoon ask him feed. before i go out J suck his fingers like hungry like dat. hubby called for help, coz he tot i am stil at home might as well feed fresh milk. hhmph. end up i latch him he dun want, still suck fingers. we had to keep guessing and worrying is he or is he not hungry. end up i din go out loh. very sian about such things sometimes. now hubby sleep liaoz, know he tired lah. but i also tired what. sigh......

that being said, i wun exchange all this for the world loh, being a mummy to such a perfect darling.
happy.gif

melody, no lah, i think like what someone else said here 6in1 supposed to take in 2mths. so dun worry kae?

daisybuttons

I fully understand how u feel !
becos of our bb, we gave up our lifestyle, put on fats, endure hormonal changes and many more. But we dont complain much cos we love being a mummy to our darling baby.

Sigh .. i am still at work now ^&*^*(%&*%%$$#% !

and still missing my ger, called mum hse a few times to chk on her. glad that hubby is there to help my mum. Luckily i gave mum enough EBM for the day cos I already had a premonition I might work late today ...
sad.gif

hi ilovebabies, my goodness u still at work? its peak period for u issit?

yah mummies are the ones who give most to our babies loh. no matter how much the daddy adores them, i guess its us who's lives change more.

not really peak period but some last min request frm customer. sian ... so hungry now .. having gastric pain somemore. Colleague buying food back soon.

So afraid toxins will build up in my body due to hunger and pass to my BM. see .. we worry so much !

phobe
i placed my order for drugstore spree liao. i oso ordered the toothpaste leh. is it too earl to buy for my boy who is now only 4 mths old huh? can keep or not one?

daisybuttons,
i feel you girl. i'm in between jobs now and got a lot of things to handover. i know i promised my hubby that i will be back early but i cannot help it if a lot of things are unsettled. on top of that, everytime i go out to work, i feel guilty for leaving my girl behind. once i'm back, i find that i have 1001 things to do and yet i'm so, so tired. worse still, my girl very smart, when she sensed that i'm not around, she will sleep all day and wake up every 2 hours every night for feed. very jia lat for me. anyone can recommend any booster for me or not? i'm lacking of sleep already and yet i have to serve so many people at once. sianz. if only they can understand how tired i am.

ilovebabies,
orr you work so late huh. that's the life of a server administrator lor hehe. i pity my LAN guys as well, always on call for 24 hours. hey is gastric pain only caused by hunger? sometimes i'm full and yet i still get gastric pain. very sian liao.

angeline,
yoohoo.. found my list. here it is..
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif

Sep_Mum_List-495595 pt2.csv (3.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>

melody,
how's yun today? i hope she's back to her normal self
happy.gif

daisybuttons,
don't worry mummy
happy.gif
he was alright after the jab right? jovann looks real healthy and fine to me! the best thing to do is check with the doc again when u next bring J to the PD. at least that will be one less worry on ur mind! why do u want to change PD btw?

littlepony,
i wish my hair and DN's hair can grow as fast as Wayne's!!! i just started dropping hair... SO SAAAAAAD! i'm going to be as bald as DN
sad.gif

melissa,
wow, i read the list and didn't realise that so many mummies here are so young! now i feel like an old goat.

can i ask u all something? i'm now using the avent milk bags to store my EBM. i only just read on another thread that it's not good. any idea why ah? coz the medela / gerber bags are just so exp!

joon
any idea y it is no good?

michelle
ur boy 4mth old. can start to use the toothpaste and massager to 'brush' his gum area 1st. let him get used to it that u are cleaning his gums/teeth.
stated on package, 3mth onwards can use liao.

Back