(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

hi all, my hubby's laptop is in office, cant download pics leh.

zucchini, i stayed single bedded optional c-section 4D3N, total $5000+, after medisave, pay $2700. my co. subsidy $1400. so we only pay $1300.

Hi all, me also still on waiting bench... I had cramps on Thursday night (feel like diarrhea kind of pain) and more BH contraction since yesterday, dunno if these are signs? Seeing my gynae tomorrow, hope cervix is starting to soften.

Congrats to edksd, Melissa & cereal! bbs are so cute
happy.gif

domesticgoddess
when is ur EDD? did u noe mine was originally on 4 oct? keke
lol.gif

oh there is still vivian aka mummie_of_Rhys lah, oso originally a oct MTB. she is supposed to visit gynae tmrw and most likely will deliver liao. in addition, 2 Oct MTBs had alrdy jumped queue and became Sept mummies.
happy.gif
Vivian might b the 3rd one.

so this is ur 2nd child?
happy.gif

edksd,
wah so nice, ur co subsidized some delivery charges ah... then the burden not so heavy. thks 4 sharing.
happy.gif

how is recovery so far? does the wound hurt?

hi zucchini,

so far the wound seems ok leh. i didnt take any pain killer as during the stay, the nurse asked me daily whether i needed any.

tomorrow going back to change the dressing of the wound. changed once during the stay the day after the operation.

hi melissa,

Congrats to Melissa and all mummies who've given birth!

melissa,
DOn't mind help me to update on the birth of my little princess.

Birth date: 2/Sep
Weight: 2.86Kg
Birth method: VBAC

Thanks!

dear Edksd,
According to the books I read,
- EBM can be stored in chiller for up to 48 hrs
- in a 2 door fridge, can be stored in freezer compartment for up to 2 weeks
- if you have a deep freezer (temp kept at -18C) milk can be store up to 3 months

Melissa and Joon

I probably stop after 2-3 mths. Really find it very difficult to TBF if I'm back to work. So by the 3rd mth muz stop liao. At least both of you are looking for such a long period...peifu peifu.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual Date</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD>Weight (Kgs)</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method</TD><TD>Actual Method</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Amylim</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Julian</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>emerg c-sect</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Mrs Chng</font></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>21-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jordan Chng</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Jasmine Lau</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>03-Sep</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Jadelle</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>naural assisted with epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Elle</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.86</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">E-ling</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>21-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Amabel Loh</TD><TD>3.005</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">;) (ilovebabies)</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>19-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>2.41</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">joon</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Denen</TD><TD>2.89</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">lichristin</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>natural birth WITH epidural + forcep</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Sha</font></TD><TD>33</TD><TD>07-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kowa Nam Sing</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Sherilyn</TD><TD>3.185</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Ming_liew</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>07-Sep</TD><TD>06-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>CCK</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>induced &amp; natural birth w/o epi</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">elaine</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>20-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Zhaohui</TD><TD>2.385</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>induced &amp; assisted (forcep) delivery w/epidural </TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Hellobaby</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>09-Sep</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr K W Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Joo Chiat</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>Emerg. c-sect</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">riushiki</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>10-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr YG Tan</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Tampines</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">elmo88</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.43</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">chocolat (chocolat)</font></TD><TD>?</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Emma</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Enzo</TD><TD>3.09</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Little Pony</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Wayne</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Chng's wife</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">77(peachie)</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Clarence</TD><TD>3.3</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>C-sect WITH epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Telok Blangah</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Cereal06</font></TD><TD>32</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>13-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Tanny Chan</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Jurong East</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.15</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>Emerg. c-sect</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Olsen (sandi)</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD>03-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.895</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural wtih assisted forceps delivery</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Bena</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD>07-Sep</TD><TD>Dr K.W.Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Novena</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.65</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">rainnie</font></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">forgetmenot</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>06-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>90% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="ff6000">dumpty</font></TD><TD>?</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>melody999 </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Xin Yun</TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherrie</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Roy Ng</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">pjen</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>01-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.52</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smileys</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>80% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">*sasha*</font></TD><TD>24</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>dr benjamin tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>toa payoh</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Saarah Anisha</TD><TD>2.65</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Melissa (veryhappy)</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.185</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">edksd</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>None</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>C-sect WITH epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>watie</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. H.Y. Wee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">bjiou (bjiou)</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.095</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Teoh</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Pasir Ris</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Newton</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr SC Yeoh</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Trinity?</TD><TD></TD><TD>C-section with Epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="ff6000">Mummie_of_Rhys</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yi </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Rhys </TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Edksd,
Good to hear tt ur wound is healing w/o much discomfort.
happy.gif
actually ur baby is not as heavy as wat ur gynae had anticipated rite? u mentioned at birth is only 2.8kg...

I think puppylove has given birth coz she sent a picture to me last night! But too bad my handphone can't read the picture
sad.gif
Anyone else got her msg as well?

Melissa, I'm still at home. The contractions subsided already. Now feeling much better. In fact during Saturday night, I can hardly sleep and keep going to toilet to poo. Lasted until yesterday around noon time then it got better and so I'm still at home waiting
biggrin.gif

domesticgoddess, my problem with my gal is that she is hungry and she cant get herself to suckle my areola leh. Y huh? i even help her put it on her mouth when she open her mouth, but she turn her head away from it and open her mouth open open want to look for my breast. I really dunno y lor.

Congrats Melissa and Cereal. Welcome to our baby club

E-ling, sounds like latching problems. I suggest you call/go see a lactation consultant from your hospital so they can give you hands-on help. It is best to correct latching issues before bb turns one month old. Good luck!

crystallized, wow... from oct thread!
happy.gif
my EDD is 30th sept and this bb will be my second boy. My first is now 2 y.o.

cereal, your birth story sounds traumatising to me too. you poor gal.. but all over now, so can enjoy baby keira. What is her birth weight?

melissa, yeah, your bb looks so alert at birth! But what a lovely first picture.
happy.gif

domesticgoddess
actually our EDD is v nearby, juz tt urs is end Sep and mine early Oct. in any case, we r both on the waiting bench. hehe
lol.gif

can u still rem ur bill size for ur 1st kid?
happy.gif

domesticgoddess
actually our EDD is v nearby, juz tt urs is end Sep and mine early Oct. in any case, we r both on the waiting bench. hehe
lol.gif

can u still rem ur bill size for ur 1st kid?
happy.gif

crystallized, i had elective c-sect with epidural and stayed in single-bedder for 6 nights. Hb stayed with me throughout and my bb had jaundice, so we hired the machine (donno what it's called now). I think my bill was massive, something like $7k. We paid cash as I didn't want to use Medisave.

Gals,
i am so happy to announce on Daisybuttons behalf that she had just given birth naturally to a healthy baby boy this morning! They are both doing great and for the rest of the details she will update u all later!
happy.gif

domesticgoddess
actually ur bill wasnt considered exorbitant given tt u stayed so many nites in a sgl-bedder and bb needed tt machine. anyway all the best to the 2nd delivery. will u still b doing e-sect?

hi gals

First let me congratulat MELISSA, EDKSD, CEREAL, PUPPYLOVE and DAISYBUTTONS !! WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD

have been v busy these few days as I celebrated Rachel's full mth yesterday ! phew .. glad it's over.. can imagine 70 persons in my 5 room flat ? hahah it was chaotic !!

Eling

for your problem of latching on ur gal, use the C-Hold position. Let her grab the areola first then let go and she will suckle from there. That's wat I did for my gal.

jasmine

glad that you called Sister Kang..jia you ok !!
hey my gal stretches before she poo also !! somehow I oredi know when she poo by her expression .. hehe so can save on diapers.

Sha

Rachel is 50cm at birth. Seems like both gals are quite tall.
happy.gif

I had 5 sessions with Mona. Btw I weighed myself on Sat .. i am 56kg now !! I was 66kg before I deliver. Wow 10kg in a month ! I cant believe myself too ... wonder if Mona help me shed off some kilos as well .

but I guess it could be due to the sleepless nites for the whole month so I lost weight at the same time.

Chocolat

i have the same prob, cant really burp Rachel most of the time. My MIL says that's becos she has wind in her stomach, so now I apply RU YI oil on her after bath daily.

HI Angeline

I sterilise my pump after every use lor. I pump a few times a day.
I am using Avent Steriliser.

crystallized, oh no.. not c-sect if i can help it. My first boy, Marcus was a breech baby, so had to do elective c-sect as it was safer than vaginal delivery. But with #2, he turned long ago, so most likely VBAC. All the best for your delivery too.
happy.gif

ilovebabies, that sounds good! 10kg in one month is very encouraging. Did you put on much weight throughout the pregnancy?

hi hi

i put on 16kg for this pregnancy. I was abt 50kg prior to pregnancy. will cont to monitor my weight and see if I can really shed off those fats before I return to work
happy.gif

congrats to mummies who graduated! all the pictures are soooooo cute.......

Cereal,
ur story very alarming.. guess will put u off more kids for a while eh?

Melissa,
so cute ur girl! Glad u are enjoying BF and bonding with your girl...

ilovebabies,
looks like your weight loss is fantastic siah...... i gained a total of 13 kg in my pregnancy.. last weighing of myself showed i still got 5.5kg more to lose..

After the session with Mona, my tummy went down, but not completely leh.. now racking my head over how to tone it up and make it flatter...... does it go down by itself?

regarding BF, sister kang's words sooth me, but it doesn't remove the stress leh.. i hope i can express milk before i return to work, otherwise, how to continue to BF bb?

Mummies,
i very headache over my girl's crying now.. i dunno izzit she is hungry or she wanna be carried..

a typical situation is like this:
BF her 30 min each side... (she is on 2 hr schedule in daytime and 3 hr schedule at night) then after which i will slowly put her down in her cot. 1/2 hr later, she will start to cry.. those like very chaim one..when CL carry her, she not willing to be soothe after a while and wails again.. when put her to the breasts, she will suckle and swallow leh.. but only max 1/2 hr at 1 breast before she falls asleep again and can't be woken for another feed.. and the cycle repeats...

how? she crying cos she using me as pacifier?? we tried to rock n cuddle her n put her in an infant rocker but it doesn't hold off her crying.. she wakes up yelling lor.. not even making some sounds straight away..
Any advice??

ilovebabies,
I've tried domesticgoddess's suggestion of resting bb at shoulder to burp. It works better this way but needs more practice cos not really comfortable yet in holding bb in that position...so scared of suffocating him so always need to chk myself in the mirror to ensure the position is right.

Recently, my bb got this heat rash on the face and it's spreading from a single spot to whole face. Anyone has any remedy? He's also not sleeping as much as before alrdy. He's now usually awake after mornin bath all the way till afternoon after 2nd feed which is abt 6 hours later. I thgt newborns usually sleep a lot? But at least am glad this happens in the day time..hee *fingers crossed*....

Amylim... my initial plan was TBF... but but... not enough milk coming in.. and bb is hungry hungry hungry..so now on partial BF..
sad.gif

chocolat...for me, i see the "type" of burp bb produced. If it is mild sound, i will try for few more attempts to see got burp or not. Sometimes, try still no burp, then i will stop.. and try again..and so far..if mild burp, bb will tend to burp again.. If the burp is big one, then i usually stop

Hi everyone,
Only just had time to log on and read the posts... motherhood is no joke man! I am SOOO tired...

Chocolat,
Maybe u can try Aloe Vera Gelly? Or Aloe Vera Propolis cream? There's a mum selling that stuff at the Marketplace thread and my neighbour tried it for her son who has sensitive skin and it did help. When BFg, I usually burp him at least twice for each boob. He does burp 75% of the time.

Jasmine,
I KNOW WHAT U MEAN! Every time he cries, I get quite flustered coz I don't know what he's trying to say... but so far, it's always these 3 reasons...
1. Wind : burp him
2. Hungry : shove a boob in his face!
3. Cannot sleep : patpatpat...

I think my bb is like urs... he falls asleep nicely after BFg, but cannot fall asleep on his own... die lah like that...! :p But he manages to last 2.5-3 hrs between feeds. Could it be that ur bb is not drinkg enough, thus have to wake up earlier to eat again? Maybe u can try giving her more?

ilovebabies! 10kg! WOW!
I've lost abt 6kg to date... 5 more kg to go...
sad.gif
hope I can lose it before the 1 month celebration... :p

Hi mummies, long time nvr log on liao...or rather no time to log on...

Hi Cereal, read ur birth story. Dunno how u survive thru. My labour pain was less than 2 hours and my hubby called off the production factory le. Hahahaha.

Sha, u used to ask me what's for dinner? Now....I can only think for sleep...sleep...&amp; sleep!

For those mummies who haven pop, PLS sleep as much as u can now!

joon,

i burp my girl also, but i can't get anything out most of the time..... i heard that BF bb dun have so much wind??

I shove my nipple at her when she wails, and it always works.. but, if she really needs a feed, she will take 1 hr.... but nowadays, especially in late afternoon to evening, she wails, i shove a breast at her, then within 10-20 mins, she stop active suckling and starts comfort suckling, upon which, i will take my nipple out from her mouth and juz cuddle her until she sleeps deeper.. before i put her down.. even then, she last max 1 hr.. before she yells..

my girl on 2 hr schedule in day leh.. this is normal rite?? 2 hr iz from start of 1 feeding to start of another feeding.. i dun count those feedings where she suck for comfort lah.. i keep a record though...

these 2 days, she hasn't been emptying my breast.. and i pump but not much come out.. arrgghh so frustrating!

Melissa,
Frankly with BF, i dunno how much my bb has taken in la.. but how i know she is enough or not is thru her facial expression and crying. My bb sticks out her tongue and looking all over the place for something and she will cry..initially i thot she looking for comfort sucking but she refused pacifier...and she can't sleep. So I supplement her with formula...

Right now, I am trying to achieve this:
- begin feeding her direct w my breast, just let her latch and suckle..
- then if not enough (thru the above indications), I will give her my Expressed BF (right now, expressed milk is still very little..only reaching 30ml today over bloody 1hr)
- then if still not enough, I will give her formula milk but I try to limit

Chng's wife, ya man.. it was an emotional roller-coaster for me during my stay in the hospital too.. as I cld not do anything being bedridden for 2 days.. and looking at my hubby helping with everything which makes me really bad and useless... But now i am fine, otherwise, i think i wld have gone into post-natal depression... lucky i snapped out of it...

CONGRATS TO PUPPYLOVE !!

Jasmine

i am facing the same prob. My gal wails non stop at nite (and at nite only !!) abt 1 hr after last feed. Nothing can soothe her. Once I latch her, she suck swallow and sleep. Dont know why. Tmr I'm gonna ask my PD and let u know.

Eh my tummy is not flat leh ... still very flabby. Think we gotta do lotsa exercise to tone them up but I am very lazy leh. I rather nap when I have the time hahahah

Chocolat

usually i burp my gal and let her rest on my shoulders for atleast 10mins in a 45 deg position.

gals, my gal also tends to latch on to get to sleep. I am afraid that it is going to be habit. SO i have decided that for the last 2-3 weeks before my ML ends, I will not latch her and bottle feed her instead. My mum says bb will miss mummy's breasts leh ...

some tips for expressing milk.
1) drink hot milk before express
2) massage breasts in circular and downwards motion
3) cont to massage breast in downwards motion DURING express .. it helps ! I saw some milk coming out from some milk ducts if i do that.

so far my milk supply has incr a bit by doing the abv
happy.gif

cereal

hope u r ok now. Be positive these few days as post natal depression may set in during the 3-4 days after delivery. It happens to me
sad.gif

come in to this forum often ok !

Congrats puppylove! Wow looks like by end Sept, all Sept mommies will have delivered already!! Well done!

I will experience leaky nipples if I feed my baby with one breast. Sometimes I'm too tired to sit I will lie down and latch her on the bed with her lying beside me, that's when I realised that she will have droplets of milk on her cheeks then I realised that wow I have so much milk on the other side it keeps leaking. Even with a cheapo brand of manual pump, i could get 10ml in a few minutes. Maybe my body listens to the baby too well.

I am still sore from the episiotomy pain. I think it's still quite raw and no matter what brand of sanitary pads I use it feels very uncomfortable! I have been washing up with Dettol after every bowel movement but it's not helping much. Anyway still in pain?

Der Nen just fell asleep so I have time to log on, before I fall asleep at the comp!

Unpopped Mummies Take Note : Chng's Wife is right! SLEEP AS MUCH AS U CAN NOW!

Jasmine,
Yeah, I heard that BF bbs don't burp as much and it's true. When I BF, he doesn't burp all the time, but when I give him EBM with a bottle, he burps all the time and quite quickly. If ur girl is on a 2-hr feed cycle, isn't it very tiring for u? I'm not sure if it's normal, but before we left the hosp, the nurses told me to feed every 3 hrs. Sometimes he can tahan 3 hrs, but sometimes 2.5 hrs. Shack man :p

Cereal,
What FM are u using? Coz I'm also afraid my BM will not be enough during the growth spurts... then really jia lat! I know what u mean abt feeling useless... coz my hb did everything too while I just lay down... but don't feel bad... they didn't have to go through the months of backaches, the horrible weight gain and of course, the labour pain!! How's ur confinemt so far?

ilovebabies,
U're right! When I need cheering up (coz BFg is so tiring!), I always log on here just to read and post and it makes me feel better! hee hee hee... er, my tummy is also still quite flabby... it wobbles like jelly :p

Just to lighten things up, what are all of u dreaming of eating after confinement?? I want...
1. Carl's Jr Bacon Cheeseburger
2. Waffle Fries
3. Ice cold 7-Up
4. Vanilla Milkshake

waaaaahhhhhh............. cannot wait!

Joon

hehe u r v funny leh .. already missing your fav food ah ?

my hubby asked me the same qn and I have no ans for him ! somehow my mind is set on BF so we cant eat those sinful stuff right ?

my tummy is v flabby too.. yucks ! still cant wear my jeans leh
sad.gif

Melissa,
I leak too and it drops all over the place! So messy... but I started using the Medela collection shell and it helps to keep everything neat and tidy
happy.gif
(I'm a neat freak!) If u sterilise the shell, u can even store the little milk that collects there
happy.gif
... not so sayang!

It took about 2 wks for my pain 'down-there' to go away. Yeah, the pain sucks... big time! I found the Kotex pads the most comfortable, didn't really like the Pureen ones. Now, I'm using pantyliners. I got an antiseptic spray from my gynae and spray that every time I go to the loo. Did u get the salt bath? I got a tub from the TMC pharmacy (cost abt $10) and put salt and warm water in the tub, then sit in it for about 10 mins a day. Painful, but it does numb the area and the pain does diminish for a few hours.

ilovebabies,
I guess u're right... but I'm so sick of fishfishfish! I'm all ngor hee'd out man... ngor hee for lunch, ngor hee for dinner, heng I don't have to eat ngor hee for breakfast... :p YEESH! But I think I deserve a little treat for not bathing, hahahahahah!

mummies, seems like quite a few experienced the same issues/challenges. I have an excellent book to recommend and many mummies i know swear by the methods taught by the book.

It is called "The baby whisperer solves all your problems" by Tracey Hogg. This is her latest book which is much better than her first which was the one I read in 2004 when i had my first child.

i know you are hard pressed for time right now, especially during your confinment month, but can delegate to hb to read and brief you. :p

I personally found that book a life-saver when it comes to deciphering bb's cries and soothing bb, bf and sleeping issues etc.. It was almost like spot-on for me and a lot of mummies i know. Go check it out if you are keen.

hi babyzucchini,

i stay @ TMC 3days 2nites with hubby company in 1 bedded (hubby opt for breakfast only)... my bill came out to be ard $4000++ with baby's bill. after medisave deduction I need to pay ard $1600+ cash. n my delivery is under assisted delivery with epidural, PD is a senior consultant so charges is a bit higher, n i got FBI so got some discount on e bill too...
therefore e bills actually dependson ur gynae charges,PD charges, n also whether got discount of not.

joon, you are so funny at your "ngor hee out" comment. I laughed so hard that my bb kicked me big time. .

A lot of mummies here are very ambitious with your weight loss plan.
happy.gif
But jia you, yeah.. 'cos it will give me some motivation to lose mine real fast too.

wow joon, you only put on 11kg in total. good for you gal! can easily lose it with just tbf alone.
happy.gif

ilovebabies, i put on 16kg with my first preg too.

my bb lost some weight (300g) upon discharging from hosp (4th day). today is the 6th day and bb lost some more weight (30g). how ah? is it normal?

im on total bf. how much am i suppose to give per feed? i can only pump out the most 25ml from both breasts for 20min.

today bb was admitted due to high jaundice level 16.8. will be in hosp for 2 days. im delivering expressed breast milk to him and oso to breast feed him when im there. quite tiring.

ive a friend who visited polyclinic for jaundice check. 17 but their doc didnt say anything. alamak. maybe PD at tmc more kiasu?

i lost 3kg during my first trimester. and then subsequently put back on 3kg during the remaining pregnancy. once after delivery, i lost 6kg. so im now 6kg lesser than my pre-pregnancy weight.

edksd, you weighed 6kg less than your pre-pregnancy weight??? WOWWWWW!!!

re. bb's weightloss, it is perfectly normal for newborn to lose 10% of birthweight in the first few days, especially those who are TBF as they have to wait a few days for mum's milk to come in. But usually they will put back on some weight and reach their birthweight by day 10.

since you are TBF, you don't worry about how much to give per feed. Just feed on demand (i.e. whenever bb wants, you feed and for as long as bb wants to feed). This is to help establish your supply.

who is your bb's PD at TMC?

Back