(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

So many photos of our little ones! They have all grown so much!

Here's one taken of Clarence 2 weeks ago. He found the cookie jar in the kitchen cabinet, and decided to indulge! By the time mommy Peach found him, all the cookies were on the floor. =(

1555205.jpg

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Phoebe</font></font>, St Joseph is one kindy that I've shortlisted mainly becos of the environment and proximity la. But I'm still not sure about their curriculum or how are their teachers and fellow students like.. Let's chat after you've visited the place, I'm also trying to make an appt to see them!

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Peach!</font></font> hahahah! another DN in the making perhaps!

Hi ladies!

Back from my insane weekend which my elder gal took control of me, having a messy living room. Luckily my CL is around to help me with the little boy (but she will be leaving next Tues
sad.gif
), at least can focus on her.

Hi Melissa,

I have stopped BF my gal as she weaned herself off BM when she was about to turn one. Now BM mainly for little Bro. : )

Hi Brenda and Emma,

Yup! That greedy little monkey just ate off the floor. Actually the pic which I posted was after he finished half of the loot. When I first found him, he looked like this:

1556177.jpg

Phobe,

You are going St Joseph too! Heheheee... Brenda ah, you gals can meet up there soon!

Sarah,

I totally agree with you that it's absolutely heartbreaking in the initial few weeks (or even months)! Separation is darned tough, not to see the little ones down with one flu/cough bug after another. Glad that they have settled in nicely!

<font color="0000ff">peachie</font> the cookie sure looks tempting. Haha..

Actually, me a blur mummy.
I forgot that Javier will be in N1 next year. Coz he's not past his 2nd birthday. So, I keep forgetting about it, until a colleague of mine is busy looking around for school.
Then it dawn on me that Javier is ready for N1 next year!!!
Opss...so now I'm busy looking around for school. And rather late lor. Some of the more well-known schools are already full, and has to be on waiting list.
Thus, after visiting some other schools, I think I should be settling with St Joseph
happy.gif

phoebe!
you're not the only one??!!! when should our little ones start school? i'm still enjoying my baby and suddenly they have to start school??? oh dear i'm more blur than you!

peachie,
Wow Clarence is a big boy now! Though I can still see the baby faces of all our almost-2 years old Sept babies! Hannah's already sick of that Gerber biscuits kekekeke!

sarahteddy,
hey me you sama sama about bf. actually i didn't intend to stop breastfeeding Hannah but my milk supply dropped drastically and she's doesn't seem interested to latch at all and I was already 4 mths pregnant with my Tricia so the weaning just happened. but still i was sad. luckily now i could relive the experience with Tricia! still TBF with her.

Hi Melissa,

Just like you, I have just given birth to my 2nd child, so now more confident in BF. So far, really on TBF, unlike my 1st one where I did partial BF. We all Jia You together lah!

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Melissa</font></font>, actually there's no rush to send them if you're happy to keep them at home. N1 to K2 are not mandatory education, only from P1 is..

I'm just sending A off to N1 becos we're really not doing much at home, and my helper and I are her only playmates(and she's watching TOOO much TV!). I need her to hang out more with kids of her age to learn to live with people la.. so that's why need to send her off.

<font color="ff6000">Melissa</font>, what Brenda say is also true. Its up to individual if you wish to enrol you kid at later age. The general guide as follow:

<u>Year 2009</u>
Nursery 1 (Pre-Nursery) - Born 2006 (3y)
Nursery 2 - Born 2005 (4y)
Kindergarten 1 - Born 2004 (5y)
Kindergarten 2 - Born 2003 (6y)

Its only look at some school websites, I then 'realised' my boy will be '3yr old' next year and is ready for school. hahha...
But he will only be 3yr old in Sept lor...still a long way....

Brenda &amp; Button, so are both of you going down to St Joseph again?

phoebe.. MOE guidelines states that a child must be at least 30 months old to be able to enrol in N1.. so that means Javier can only start in st josephs in March? hehe..

<font color="ff6000">Emma</font>, er...if they are going to be strict, then Mar lor. Heehee...meanwhile will still register him. After that, he stay at home 1st. keke.

phoebe.. Grace house is v strict.. they will not promote their students till they are 30 months old.. hehe.. maybe cos they charge more for PG than N1 lahz.. keke..

emma, ya. i went to grace house. the lady told me only in term 3, then will promote them to N1. like that they can charge more. haha..

so, again i ask the lady wouldnt my boy be 'shortchanged' 6mths in N1. then she told me wat they teaching is almost the same. so, which mean earning more $$ for us lor. sigh...

phoebe.. well if its MOE guidelines, then nothing much we can do lohz.. aniwayz.. now that enzo's started sch, i can realli tell the diff between beginning of the year babies and yr end babies boy!!! there's a boy in enzo's class born in feb.. can speak very well, knows everything... but another born in dec, has yet to utter his first words... so those ttc ones... muz aim for jan/feb/march babies!!! hahhaha.. although such diff will not be so apparent when they are older lahz.. hehe...

Brenda, Emma, Phoebe,
Thanks so much for your input. I still feel like Hannah is a little baby even though I have another baby kekeke. Maybe considering starting her at 4yrs old lor. Since playgroup is mainly interaction with other kids. Her cousins always visit her and play with her at home so it's like I have an in-house playgroup for free kekeke.

Emma,
Good tip. Luckily my 2nd is born in Feb! Kekekeke! Think due to seeing her sister playing and singing, her development milestones seems faster than jie jie. She's very vocal always trying to speak at 4 months old. Maybe it's true, their best teacher is always their elder sibling.

melissa.. u're lucky.. enzo's lil bro on the other hand will only be out in oct.. even later than enzo.. but as long as baby is healthy.. nothing more i can ask for..
happy.gif

Emma,
It's purely luck. I spend three years trying to conceive Hannah and Tricia was immediately conceived when I was caught unaware. Life is so funny. Think I'm not the first Sept mommy who's pg with #2. Think it's emoment? Is yours planned? Do you want to close factory already? Last saturday NST has a special features about having kids. Most would stop at 2 and gahmen still worried. Personally I don't mind having another but not so soooon! Maybe I'll change my mind when Tricia can walk already! Kekekee.

melissa.. well.. mine ah.. my hubby planned it obviously, but i din.. lol... i wanted to have another when enzo was like 7 (when he's no longer as cute).. haha.. but now.. maybe the 3rd will be when both boys are in pri sch.. lol.. still want a girl!!! no choice!! hehe

hi mummies,

anyone knows where can I get kitchen playset? Went to Kiddy Palace and Toyrus but didn't see anything nice. Anyway, their selection is extremely pathetic.

Melissa &amp; Emma,
So fast already plan for 3rd one? Heehee...
I dont dare to think of it lor. 2 nottie boys already hard to manage!! What if another boy again? Haha...headache lor.

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Em</font></font>, eh.. really? not a single kindy or cc we visited mentioned to us about this MOE's guidelines for N1, funny le.. most of the schools told us they enrol the kids based on the year they are born not month. In fact at Gracefields, the principal was still telling me that for their school if a toddler enrols before 30 months for N1 and is hard to catch up with his/her peers, the school will 'repeat' this toddler for N1 in the following year. Do u know where I can have more details on this?

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Presario</font></font>, I got my at ELC. It's quite cute, comes with stove and a grill on the other side which Arianne can make Ramli burgers with heehee ;)

presario,
how about mother garden in vivocity?! really love their toys!!! so very adultsy hehehee.

brenda,
i went to visit your blog again. wow such effort for feeding Arianne! she's so lucky to have a cooking mommy like you. me, i can't even get Hannah to eat a decent rice meal. she HATES eating. if she has to, she'll take cookies, crackers and some fruits. so i made sure she has plenty of milk to make sure she's not deprived of nutrients. but still, i wish i have a decent eater. she's so fussy about food and prefer not to eat them!

phoebe,
i would like to try for a boy cos i have 2 girls but like you i oso scared what if i get another girl again? so this time i'll be extra careful lor and better wash my brain to accept another girl so that i won't be disappointed kekeke. after 3 kids, factory will be closed forever!

glad the forum is alive again. I got 2 question to ask and get feedback.

1. Have you all started to use toothpaste on your child yet? I brush Trinity's teeth twice a day with just water, but sometimes her breath still smells bad.

2. Are your kids using pillow when sleeping? I am not sure if using pillow will affect their spinal cord developement etc... Any comments on this.

Angeline.. enzo has been using toothpaste since abt 6 months old.. first teeth milk enzymes toothpaste... apparently its safe for babies to swallow. he falls asleep on a pillow but because he is all over the bed, he is on the pilllow for less than an hr everynight.. so dun think pillow or not makes a diff..
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Still remember me? Ya, long time no chat. Miss the good old days.

PrincessEmma,
Enzo still have the charming smile. Simply love his smile hehehehe!

Angeline,

We brush yun teeth twice a day too but also with just water. She love to suck on the toothbrush so will wait later stage then introduce toothpaste.

Yun got 2 pillow, but she never use them cause she sleep 360 degree turning. Muahahaha.

Angeline
There was a period of time when R loves to brush teeth (he doesnt know how to brush properly but rather juz playing wif the toothbrush) but now he absolutely hates it. refuses to hold the toothbrush n whines when i asked him to brush. So i hv to literally hv brush his teeth 4 him now. bad thing is there is inconsistency. I only hv time to get him to brush during wkends...
sad.gif
wkdays is always a scramble rush for work... and at nite, he has his last milk feed in bed n thereafter, i made him drink water to "rinse" off n he goes to bed. Bad habit, i know!
lame.gif

I oso dun use toothpaste n yes i do find tt R's breath smells! my mum uses a hankie to wash his tongue coz she says the residue made his breath smells!

R oso dun use a pillow though he hv at least 4 pillows now... no only does it make him perspire (pillows r all made by my mum), the pillow flies all over the place once he moves his sleeping position... so no diff whether he sleeps on them or not
lame.gif

Hi mummies,

long time no chat..

Melissa,
my gal also love to eat biscuit &amp; cracker, she hate rice, so sometime we have to cook noodle or kuay teow for her, so headache when feeding her, cannot sit still.

Yunma,
i have started to use first teeth milk enzymes toothpaste on my gal since she's 12mths till now, i find it okay.. not bad. she also sleep on a pillow, however also sleep 360 degree turning..

I intend to send melody to nursery when she is turning 4yrs maybe.. let her enjoy her childhood first as i find too stressful to go school early.

Nice to see Sept mommies coming back!

Angeline,
Hannah has been brushing regularly every morning with Colgate kids toothpaste. She can also rinse from the mug after brushing. At first she swallowed it! But now she's able to do it already. Of course, when we first started her at around 14 months, there's been lots of resistance. She hates brushing but one day she saw the Elmo video about brushing teeth in YouTube, she wants to immitate. So now to get her to brush, I must sing that "If Elmo has teeth" song. She enjoyed it and brushes regularly like an angel. Her cousin, who's 3 months older already got decayed teeth due to neglect! Dunno why her mommy never make her brush her teeth regularly!

Hannah don't use pillow. Give her her favorite Elmo soft toy oso she will push away when she's about to doze off. The only thing that accompanies her to sleep is her left thumb! She's a super thumb sucker!

Laura,
Do you think it's a passing phase? I found that if I sit down to eat my rice meal and put her on my lap, she will eat if I put some into her mouth. But not much, only like 4 scoops of rice max, then she will struggle to play again! Hey you starting you gal at 4 huh. Ok that's a relief. For a moment I tot I'm left behind liao kekeke. I think she's too young to go to school next year. I still miss her very very very much.

hi hi, dunno why i tot i posted a reply yesterday but now i check bo leh! how come ah? i long time no post they ban me issit? hhhhmph!

About brushing teeth, i just started stage 3 toothbrush for J 3 nights ago, with first teeth toothpaste. he seem to enjoy imitating me, so he will try to brush a bit before losing interest. but hor, for the toothpaste, i still can't get him to spit it out. i gave him his own cup to put his toothbrush and toothpaste, and i use his cup to demonstarte to him how to spit out water. he nodded to show he understood, but when its his turn, he swallowed the water THEN make the spitting action!
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
how how how? any advise how to prevent him from swallowing?

Melissa, how did u do it? can you share with me the youtube video url?

Pillows - J uses a flat 1.5inch latex pillow at night. the big uniformly flat kind. i find its good for him. but in the day at my parents or ILS pls, they use normal kiddy pillow.

Laura, what kinda stimulation does melody has every day on weekdays, u a working mum right? coz the reason i wanna send J early is i find he super bored at my moms plc. they either let him watch taiwanese serial, or play some alphabet or counting DVDS for him to watch. seldom play interactive games with him, or teach him things. basically he is running around the house thats all, and going to NTUC sometimes. i think when they are in NTUC they also dun interact or teach him things, just carry him around talking to aunties and flirting hahaaa.....

buttons,
LOL hey my girl is oso stimulated the same way your J is lei. Lots of TV and she will play alone. So everyday when I get back to work I will play and sing with her. She always go for night classes kekeke. About spitting, at first Hannah did that too, she swallow then spit but not long after that, she's able to spit. Think that's b'cos my mom taught her everyday without fail.

Sorry that Elmo video is not in YouTube but Sesame Street website. Go to http://video.sesameworkshop.org/ and click on Elmo. You should be able to see it, it's in the first page.

melissa, i can't find the brushing teeth video in the website leh. whats the title?

at least ur mum teaches her something everyday without fail - brushing teeth/spitting out. my parents side, they basically dun teach him anything lah. ask them to read chinese books to him, they say he too young to understand. ask them to teach him chinese words, talk to him in chinese, they say he too young. i say until my mouth dry oredi....that he dun learn things suddenly one day mah...

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Em</font></font>, u still haven't replied me le.. so is the before 30mos cannot attend N1, MOE's guideline true? cos we'll be having a problem if it is.

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Melissa</font></font>, aiya all those efforts more often than not go down the rubbish chute cos my A also doesn't really eat all of them too. But I just keep trying lor.. what to do.. I guess when our kid is not eating well, we feel disheartened right.. but if I know I already put in efforts to do it then I won't feel so bad la heehee..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Buttons</font></font>, maybe can hang J upside down then he won't swallow the toothpaste?! heehee

Button,
my girl oso stimulated the same way, watch barney &amp; elmo dvd, disney playhouse. I find melody had learn a bit of things when she watch tv.. like identifying animals, when i teach her things, she dun seem interested, only interested in barney etc show.. haizz.. good &amp; bad in a way. I'm considering to start her nursery when she is 4yrs, but my friends told me if she intend to play alone, its kinda difficult to start late, better to start early to help her to interact with other kids. Anyway, i always sign up weekend class for her, now trying to sign up at zoo phonics.

Melissa,
i find it's a passing phase too. sometime melody eat alot, dunno, maybe depend on her mood. I understand &amp; know we sure miss our kid alot when they start school, many of my friends told me IT is good when they start early, to let them interact when other kids first so it is easiler to start K1. i'm still considering.. headache

Hi mommies,

Sept thread is suddenly ALIVE! Great!

Angeline,

On the brushing teeth part, we are still having a TOUGH time in getting Clarence to brush his teeth, let alone using any toothpaste.
sad.gif
But he definitely knows how to spit out all the cough medication with great gusto. Haiz....

Oh yes, like Jovann, Clarence sleeps on a 1.5 inch latex mattress. He's used to it. Latex is good cos it dries quickly after each wash, and he has got 4 of such pillows.... 1 at Ah Ma's place, 2 at our place to inter-change and wash, and 1 for him to bring to school everyday.

Brenda,

If you send A to a registered Childcare Centre (which comes under the purview of MCYS), then there is no policy on the minimum age requirement (otherwise infantcare will cease to exist). However, if you send A to a Kindergarten (which then comes under the purview of MOE), then MOE guidelines will apply. Based on the below link, it seems like the child must turn age 3 on 1 Jan before he/she can be admitted for that year. Maybe you can quickly call up the school to check?

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/preschool/faq/

Laura,
I'm using kids toothbrush for yun.

Regarding Classes
PrincessEmma,
Did enzo had bad experience at school? Maybe you could do a spot check?

I intend to start yun on 1 or 2hr playgroup next year as she is the only child and hope that she could learn to interact wit other kids rather than stay at home. I'm quite lucky as MIL also try to teach yun by reading to her, sing to her etc...

Peachie.. thanx for helping me answer Brenda..
happy.gif

B.. i guess it depends on the kindergarten itself.. these guidelines are closely followed by PCF and several other kindergartens which comply to MOE guidelines.. i guess there are other kindergartens which do things their way..
happy.gif

yunma.. enzo is juz being difficult i think.. i've stood hidden to observe the lessons.. he is ok when playing, he will only cry when he wants the teacher's attention... he will want to "gaigai" when he's bored.. think he's not used to being confined in the classroom for close to 2 hrs.. then again, he has to learn somehow..

Oooh.. <font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Peach/Em</font></font>, thanks for highlighting that. I called the school for clarifications already and their explanation is such that MOE is refering to the YEAR of birth at the point of enrolment. So by 2009, A is supposed to turn 3, regardless of the month la.. phew! (<font color="ff0000">Phoebe</font>, u reading this ya..?) But I supposed some kindys might have other practice like what Emma mentioned.

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Yunma</font></font>, hi! good to see u here again ;) My A also alone at home, facing me and I'm so lazy to play. socialise or to teach her.. so same rationale as Buttons, quickly send to school.

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Laura</font></font>, hihi! How's Melody? For sending my A to school, I also consider the fact that she needs to be disciplined, besides having friends to play with. At home it's hard.. someone always tend to give in to her and I never fail to end up the bad person
sad.gif

Actually I won't hesitate to keep her at home till P1! but I've got no facilities here to nurture her well.. also feels heartache just by thinking of her going to school..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Angeline</font></font>, oooh I just saw your post about the pillow thing :p according to the chiropractor we went to for my hub's back ache problem, he advised that the best is to sleep with a thin pillow. As long as the head and is alleviated but not too high or too soft. But my A doesn't like pillow..

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">Brenda</font></font> hoho...just got time to read and catch up on some postings last week. St Joseph's school fee list indicate as Year 2009 N1 for babys born 2006. So dont think they are that strict as compared to Grace House
happy.gif

Good for us also.

So far, you found other alterntives for St Joseph already?

Back