(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

sweet Dame,
welcome.....since u r an experience mummy muz share lots of experience wif those 1st time MTB like me......hw long is the waiting time?

hello sasha,
welcome u too....as mentioned to sweet dame, u both r experience..so muz share all the experiences u haf wif us.....wow 4th one..so i guess u r expecting a girl to balance the gender rite? how did u manage to cope since u haf 3 toddlers......btw which gynae r u seeing, anyone in mind? din wan to go back to ur previous gynae?

d woof,
thanks for the welcome. yeah, we are hoping for a girl to balance them out but doesnt matter if its a boy either, as long as baby is healthy
happy.gif

so, far am managing wt 3 toddlers just fine. my hubby works frm home so i do hv the extra pair of hnds to help me out.

i hv not seen any gynae yet and honestly, hv no on one in mind. both my previous pregnancy, i was living in europe so i hv no idea abt gynaes here really. most probably, i will go back to KKH. am not sure yet...

hi gals thanks for all your reply.

joon: i see ya i think diff baby has diff growth rates too. somemore i m quite big size, so i suppose my baby would be big too.... hee hee. hope not too big, scare cant go for normal delivery later.......at gynea, the nurse measure weight n blood pressure every session but no urine test yet. when i went to see my gynea for 1st time, gynea also never test urine to see if i preg or not. he just say ok let's take a look at the scan..can see my baby about 1.6cm at 5weeks. just before my mense due date i already suspect that i might be pregnant cos i keep burping n is our first temp for baby ( i did count my ovalution date n try). usually my menses is very accurate hence when due is not here yet, i had a very strong feeling that i m preg thus went to gp to test. so i told the nurse that i m test positive at the GP maybe that is also why they never test my urine again.
i only got folic acid on the first visit.

for those who wish to visit the gynea at later like 8 weeks, do try folic acid (tiny yellow tablets) now. ya like what RT said can get from pharmacy very much cheaper. the ones my gynea given me is 5mg at 28 tabs for $9!!!!!! next visit i will not get from him.

BC7778: i ROM in 2000, customary in sept 2004, just started TTC n kena the first time. quite unbelieveable.
happy.gif

this two days, i am feeling more nausea last night i puke for the first time. this morning was really very tired. keep having the feeling of going to puke, no mood to work....

anyone still take coffee daily?

coolqoo: during early stage of pregnancy, if there is continuos spotting or bleeeding MUST consult gynea immediately, is dangerous as the baby is unstable.

first trisemester is atually how many weeks?

sasha: where u stay? maybe get one gynea near ur place?

DaBee: First trimester is actually 3 mth. about 12 week.
Hiaz, I scare my tummy show when I go for my customary on 17 March 2006, though we ROM just last year June 2005.
Didn't expect baby to come so soon. Haiz...
I am confirm preg only on 10 Dec 2005 and ultra-scan show only on peanut size cell. However 1 mth later it became a baby like human. OMG
I also have Bloating problem, can someone help solve my problem??

hi all, this is my 2nd pregnancy. Like sasha, I too am undecided as to which obstetrician to see. But I'm deciding between Dr Adrian Tan and Dr Eunice Chua of TMC. My daughter, now 19 months was born in the States. I probably won't see the Dr til wk 7-8.

I found the stretch mark cream not much use the last time. I was VERY big and til today, have stretch marks.

Have a good week everyone.

Hi ladies
I am from Feb MTB. I have 2 maternity social evening tops and one shrug to go. Clearing as i am in my last trimester so woldn't be wearing. It's brand new for the 2 evening tops and lightly worn for the shrug. For picture and price pls email me at [email protected] Thanks.

hihi

Anyone taking the Neurogain PB fish oil? I am doing a bulk purchase from a friend and she is able to offer $26.50 for a minimum of 5 bottles. I am from the June 06 thread. :

Anyone keen, pls do hurry email me at [email protected]

Happy Chinese New Year!

Dabee,
I'm staying in Toa Payoh at the moment so I think nearest for me is either TMC or KKH. But because my twin pregnancy which was an unbooked case was wt KK, then I might go back there since they hv all my records. Also I might fall under high risk since my last pregnancy I had preterm labour. Most probably, will be seeing Dr Tony Tan or Dr Benjamin Tham? Not sure yet...still discussing wt hubby.

Mommies, I still dunno if its too early to go visit the gynae. My first 2 pregnancies, I didnt visit the gynae until abt 10-11wks. What is the practice like here? Shd I go to GP first to cfm or just call to hospital of my choice and make appt? Pls advise as both my pregnancies, I was overseas although I travelled back to deliver them here.

This pregnancy so far is much better than my previous ones. No morning sickness or anything. Just feel like got a lot of wind esp in evening before I sleep and backaches, probably frm the twin pregnancy and epidural during the delivery of my boys. Other than that, everything else seems fine so finger's cross will stay like this till last trimester
happy.gif

Hi
happy.gif

Sandy, don't eat cabbage and onions! No 1 and 2 causes of gas. Trust me, I ate and felt miserable ALL NIGHT. Avoid beans too. I now pick out slivers of cabbage when I buy bee hoon!

BC, I'm 31 this year, got married 2 years ago, known hubby since I was 17 (!!), 1st time pregnant, very scared!

Ladies, about stretch mark cream, I asked my friend (with 2 girls) and she recommended the Mothercare one. Affordable and good. I checked out a few at Guardian and they ranged from $45 to $60. Haven't checked out the Mothercare one, but will prob do so when I feel better. I get horrible evening sickness so have been staying home every night. She said to start using from the 3rd month on.

I went to check out KK's Private Suite today and got all their rates. Planning to visit Mt Alvernia soon to compare prices. If anyone wants KK's rates, email me at [email protected] and I'll tell you the details. Too many to list here!

Anyone's delivered at Mt Alvernia before? Can share your costs? Am thinking of a 1-bed room. How was the experience?

Priveledged, I went to Dr Eunice Chua for my 1st visit. She's very nice and easy to talk to, but the wait was frustrating. She's very popular, so making my appt was tricky too. Don't know about Dr A Tan though...

Hi ladies...

Yup bc..Im putting on weight..I was a 47kg, put on 2 kg alrd..only twds my 9th week now..Gynae said its ok its good in fact. Cos im eating well, no MS at all.

Hi daBee..I also did normal scan at 5 weeks..I tot it was the baby(embryo)..actually cant really see yet..Its only the pregnancy sac..Could only see the little embryo(foetus) when i went at 7weeks..& he pointed out the tiny heartbeat. Im going bck tis sat, he said should b able to see the features of the foetus more clearly now & hear heartbeat.

Hey joon.

Yup at your advice & yr own experience, Im goin back to exercise pretty soon..Seeing my gyne tis sat, if everything ok, which should be lah..then Im signing up for 3 months at Amore again. but I think i'll go easy on ab exercises then..I've always did ab exercises everyday almost 100 times, but better be on safe side for baby's sake!

hi mommies,

any1 heard of alex ooi from Mt E?i hv jus visited him last fri..n tis week will b e 6th week liao...keke same like coolqoo & dwoof i thk..cant c BB at all jus one small dot of e pregnancy ring..excited thou

BC:me jus celebrate my 26th bday last dec.. n my Ad was oct last yr..so tis pregnancy was totally unexpected one

hi sasha,
jus go give gyane a chk lor..since u stay TP,there's 1 at TP central leh..thk Dr rosalind something,cant rem..pai sei

hmm most likely i wont take alex abit ex...wil check out adrian woodworth at SK

Hi Charis,

Glad to hear that
happy.gif
Enjoy urself at the gym! But be careful, don't do Hi-Lo aerobics. Even if you do Step, don't jump or bounce around. During the 1st trimester, the womb is not stabilised, so jumping around is not good. (spoke to another trainer on Sun) Exercise is good, but make sure both feet are planted on the ground, and stop when you're tired! Your baby is telling u to take a break!

Just wondering ladies, how long do u wait to see your gynae? I was complaining about my 1.5 hr wait, but everyone says it's normal. Is that normal?

hello joon

last fri me at alex ooi clinic also waited as long as u wor..hb even complained tat wait for medication oso at least another 20mins..hiazz..
guess its normal bah..

morning everyone
Today's a bad day! This morning about 4am, I suddenly felt very cold and shivering, imaging no air con in the room. Then woke up very nausea, just throw up again.

Thank God, I am seeing my gynae tomorrow!

Hi Ladies,
If u subscribe to SCV, be sure to catch this programme " From Conception to Birth" on Discovery Channels. I watched it yesterday morning. It follows the pregnancy of 4 women from conception to delivery.. For 1st time MTBs like me, its very enriching.. especially on delivery... u see them going thru the contractions, epidural and watch the baby come out of the birth canal.. scary....

hi bc7778, I saw the programme on discovery before... it's a real eye-opener....

hi joon, which pf branch do you go to? My last visit to the gynae took around 3 hours... checks for the urine, blood pressure, weight + ultrasound were done separately by nurse/technician. The gynae only checked my health condition and described the foetus's condition to me based on the ultrasound print-out.

I'll be passing by mothercare later. Will check out the price of the stretch mark cream and let you gals know.

Hi ladies, I'm expecting my little one in Sep 06. =) I'm currently at my 5th week, did a scan and saw this little bubble which my gynae claims to be e waterbag. Is it normal to see the waterbag at this stage??

hi moms..

i'm a mtb in my 7th week.. juz went to the gynae today for my check up.. he says that the water bag has incresed in size since last week, but still cant see baby's heartbeat.. is that normal? me getting a lil worried.. when was the earliest u guys saw a heartbeat? he did point out like a lil white dot, saying that's a v vague image of the heartbeat.. but i feel he's juz saying it to put my mind at ease... so worrying....
sad.gif

Hey,

I jus found myself to be + on sat and confirmation with gyn on mon. He had made a scan yesterday but could not see anything, not even the waterbag. However he mentioned that the thickening of the blood could be seen and this is signs of pregnancy.

since last week, i been feeling some pulling pain on my right abdominal. It is on and off but it is reducing from last week. I asked my gyn but he says it is ok as the pain will slowly go off.

Does anyone encountered the pain during early stages? I am getting worried and i also could not see the water bag. Gyn say it is too early as i missed my menses for only few days.

Kindly answer my queries as i am getting worried.

Hi Eve, you are seeing and feeling the exact thing as me @ my initial stage (which is like 2 weeks back). If you try shopping for 6hrs w/o resting...tat's it! You will encounter more cramp and pain @ night. Give urself 1 or 2 more weeks to see the water bag ba.

Hi all...

Sorry, I been busy preparing for CNY. Today and tomorrow baking Kue Lapis.

d woof: You mean waiting time for my gynae? At least an hour - 2 hours if she has surgery. Everytime I go there I register and go have something to eat and come back again. Do you plan to go to her as well?

amylim: Hi. I used a salon brand named Ranaissance body lotion. You can try the ones by Medella. (I think that's how you spell it.) Robinsons have them.

Hi Chng's wife,
u feel some pulling pain also at your lower abdominal? I am very worried cos i heard of etopic pregnancy where the embryo is deposit outside the womb. i am very worried...but my gyna say it is normal and the pain will go away. Unless the pain is getting stronger and frequency increased, then need to be alarm.

I also read that quite a lot of ladies could see the water bag around 5 weeks but i could not. My LMP is 18 dec so i shld be ard 5 weeks too.

That is why i am worried abt it. Does anyone has teh same problems?

Hi ladies..

Thanks for advice joon...cant wait..feeling really off w/o exercise.

Yup pjen..im flying to Sydney for a short trip in mid feb..but it'll be alrd end of 1st trimester. Listening to my body so far i believe can..tat's why its a really short trip & no backpacking..but as usual my gynae is the 'everything cannot' practice! But my frens' gynae all say no prob flying if its only once or twice.

Eve, my LMP is 18 Nov...but i'm only 5 weeks+. Need not worry lah, dun be too stress. When's ur next appt with e gynae? I did have the pulling pain and cramps, but i guess so long there's no spotting or bleeding, it should be quite ok ba. Btw, which gynae are u seeing?

I hav ex stewardess fren who flew all the way till she was 6 months..w/o her boss knowing of cos. She & BB turn out well & healthy.

Of cos will go with much prayer & preparation in case anything...u know..so i got my fren to find me a gynae over in Sydney...do a check when i arrive & will see gynae immediately when i come back to S'pore.

Hi Amy, I usually go to the PF @ Caltex, or FES. So far, I've only been going during the weekend. I feel lousy in the evenings, so I go straight home after work
sad.gif
Thanx for finding out the price at Mothercare! But rachel posted that it's lousy, so I don't know!

Eve, don't stress over it too much becoz everyone's pregnancy is different. Okay? Be a happy mummy!
happy.gif

Charis, I'll be travelling too, in March. (planned long time ago so cannot cancel) I'm just hoping my MS will end by then, otherwise the flight will be unbearable!
sad.gif

hello sweet dame,
ya the waiting time for the gynae...i m seeing Dr Adrian Woodworth...

hi eve,
i saw my gynae last sat.....i m in my 5th wk n i thot will onli visit a gynae at my 6th or 7th wk...but there's oso mild abdomen pain...quite worried so after much hestiation, decided to c the gynae......in the end, gynae scan n said tat itz normal.......will experience the pain due to some expansion in the uterus....unless there's spotting or bleeding den itz serious.....if not, itz ok...but if u r very concern, den go n c a gynae to reassure urself...

Hi Eve, don't be so stress up ok.... Probably yours is still in the very early stage, wait for another 2 weeks then visit your gynae again... I think should be able to see the waterbag...

For me, I didn't experience any form of pain at the abodmen... I guess like what joon said, everyone's pregnancy is different.

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the reassurance. I feel better after reading all the posting.

I am currently with Dr Adrain Woodworth too, same as d woof. But mine is at the sk. He told me that it is normal too cos the womb and uterus will expand and might cause such pain. But very worried when he say could not see the sac. So he ask me to go back on 7 feb.

Actually cant wait to visit him on the next visit.

I just went to see my gynae yesterday. did a scan and we saw the BB's heartbeat. Its actually like a star, blinking away. My EDD is 08-09-06. Am 7wks + 4 days.

To all MTBs, if u have family members who have Hep A, pls separate your food servings and utensils as there is a risk that you may be infected. Im sure no one wants to get jaundice.

Hi morning

Do we have to sign package on our first visit? I will seeing my gynae for the first time later. What will be expected?

Hi pig2,

i have my first visit two day ago, they never ask me to sign any package, but they give me the price list for the package.

Morning, seems like many of us here are visiting Dr Adrain. =)

Eve, did Dr Adrain give u any hormone pills??

pig2,

the first thing they do is to check my weight, height and protein and sugar contain fr my urine. (all this done by nurse).

After that the doctor will ask u some question regarding yr family medical background etc and then follow by a scan...

hello eve,
i m seeing him this fri again......dun worries ok if he says everything is alrite.......

bel,
congrats!

pis2,
from wat i know, some gynae starts their package onli 12wks or 16wks onwards...as for mine its starts on the 1st visit....u haf to check it out wif ur gynae....they will ask u abt ur history, scan and prescribe multi-vit,hormone pills and folic acid..ans ur questions if u haf any.....tat's abt all...

hi woof,

my gynea only start the package 20 weeks onward for S$500.

yrs package start on the 1st visit? how much they charge??

I think I probably will skip the medical history part, since I already went for the pre-conception examination with them liao. Kind of excited over th scan.

How you all feel watching the scan for the first time?

Back