(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

melissa
of course i remmeber our bb hv the same b'day
happy.gif
ur bb is really cute too! anyway i was admitted straight to the delivery ward when i checked in that nite so i spent the whole nite in there. tot i wd be given a normal ward too but apparently they didnt leh. dunno how they decide one.

here's my labour story:

14/9:
12.30am check in at hospital and admitted straight to delivery ward, nurse inserted pill

6am nurse come and give enema

7.30am dr came to break water bag; check only 2 cm dilated. said wont be so fast most likely give birth at 3 or 4pm only

8.30am intense contracttions start and are every 2 min apart!

10am ask for gas to relief pain

10.30am buat tahan liao ask for epi. nurse check and said oredi 7cm dilated so too late for epi. recommned injection which i of course took!

10.45am dr came and said can oush liao

11.07am ethan appeared after 5-6 pushes

so actually it was quite fast for me
happy.gif

i'm givin bb EBM using NUK latex teats - he definitely nipple confusion oredi. refuse to latch on so i just keep expressing for him lor. bo bian. and he's quite smart too. i tried to change fr latex to silicone teat but he simply refused to suck! so in the end gotta buy back all latex ones,. guess he oredi got comfy wif it :p

ui gals are sooooo lucky. can secretly bathe. for me very tough cos there's always someone ard, not my MIL then it's my mom. anyway i bargain for my first bath next tue liao and my mom has agreed !

but now she'; saying i cannot use those herbal water for the 1st bath and must use lemongraass/spring onion boiled instead? anyone heard of this weird recipe???

michelle.. my mom boils herbs with lemon grass and ginger for my baths... i like the lemon grass smell.. hehe... but will get bits and pieces in ur hair lahz.. hehe...

Mommies, latest message from dumpty. She had given birth to a 2.9kg bb. Mommy and baby are well.

Will let her update the details when she next have internet access.

hi everyone, I'll logging in from Mt. E, Baby's just been fed, so got a little spare time. Here's my exciting day on the 19th.
1100 hrs - when for routine check, amnio fluid too low, doctor advises to induce same day rather than wait for next day

1200 hrs - went for buffet lunch (no more junk food after delivery mah, so must fill up tummy first)

1430 hrs - home, shower, take luggage, leave for hospital

1600 hrs - hospital admission

1730 hrs - in delivery suite, inserted with 1 tablet of 'prosgladin' (don't know the correct spelling) to induce contractions. Did start to get stronger contractions right after

1830 hrs - doctor arrived in suite. Checked readings and found baby's heart rate to be erratic after induction (fetal distress). Ordered for emergency c-sect

1930 hrs - in operating theater (c-sect with epi), with hubby next to me

2000 hrs - baby Trinity is delivered safely and all is well. Her eyes were wide open looking all around :)

2100 hrs - returned to ward and baby brought in for 1st feeding soon after.

Thank you God for being with us and blessing us with a healthy baby Trinity.

can't seem to load her photo here using the network. Will try again when I get home later this week.

chocolat,
the cream is called Fucidin H

melody,
wow lucky you. your labor was short!! did epidural really numb you?

michelle,
wah lao you also another lucky bugger. we have the same procedure on the same day and yet i only managed to deliver at 4.25pm! before that it's 8 hours of torture! learnt my lesson, should've asked for the injection earlier!! did the doctor perform episiotomy on you?

dumpty,
congrats!!!

Dumpty, congrats!

ilovebabies, i'm one of the few still waiting to pop...everyone told me their 'neck getting longer liao!'....haha....me too! My EDD is 24th, actually bb's head engaged for 2 weeks already but my cervix very stubborn. Seeing gynae on sat to see any progress.

Melody, did you manage to find a confinement lady?

Hi All
This is my 3.5 weeks old bb Jaden
happy.gif

He can understand "wee wee" and "mmm mmm" ... will pee and poo when we do these two sounds ha ha ha ha :D

522173.jpg

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual Date</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD>Weight (Kgs)</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method</TD><TD>Actual Method</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Amylim</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Julian</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>emerg c-sect</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Mrs Chng</font></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>21-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jordan Chng</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Jasmine Lau</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>03-Sep</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Jadelle</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>naural assisted with epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Elle</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.86</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">E-ling</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>21-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Amabel Loh</TD><TD>3.005</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">;) (ilovebabies)</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>19-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>2.41</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">joon</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Denen</TD><TD>2.89</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">lichristin</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>natural birth WITH epidural + forcep</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Sha</font></TD><TD>33</TD><TD>07-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kowa Nam Sing</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Sherilyn</TD><TD>3.185</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Ming_liew</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>07-Sep</TD><TD>06-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>CCK</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>induced &amp; natural birth w/o epi</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">elaine</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>20-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Zhaohui</TD><TD>2.385</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>induced &amp; assisted (forcep) delivery w/epidural </TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Hellobaby</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>09-Sep</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr K W Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Joo Chiat</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>Emerg. c-sect</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">riushiki</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>10-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr YG Tan</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Tampines</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jaden</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">elmo88</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.43</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">chocolat (chocolat)</font></TD><TD>?</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Emma</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Enzo</TD><TD>3.09</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Little Pony</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Wayne</TD><TD>3.15</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Chng's wife</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>daisybuttons</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">77(peachie)</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Clarence</TD><TD>3.3</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>C-sect WITH epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Telok Blangah</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Cereal06</font></TD><TD>32</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>13-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Tanny Chan</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Jurong East</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.15</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>Emerg. c-sect</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Olsen (sandi)</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD>03-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.895</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural wtih assisted forceps delivery</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Bena</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD>07-Sep</TD><TD>Dr K.W.Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Novena</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.65</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">rainnie</font></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Ning Xuan</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">forgetmenot</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>06-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>90% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">dumpty</font></TD><TD>?</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">melody999</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD>15-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Xin Yun</TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherrie</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Roy Ng</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">pjen</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>01-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.52</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smileys</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>80% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">*sasha*</font></TD><TD>24</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>dr benjamin tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>toa payoh</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Saarah Anisha</TD><TD>2.65</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Melissa (veryhappy)</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.185</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">edksd</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>None</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>C-sect WITH epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>watie</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. H.Y. Wee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">bjiou (bjiou)</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.095</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Teoh</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Pasir Ris</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Newton</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Angeline</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr SC Yeoh</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Trinity</TD><TD></TD><TD>C-section with Epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Mummie_of_Rhys</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yi </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Rhys </TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>

congrats to dumpty! She has gotten off the bench!
happy.gif
now who else is waiting wif me?

oh i see Cherrie still on the waiting bench.
happy.gif
not much mummies ard liao...

Riushiki,
ur baby is so adorable! and so alert looking!
kao_happy.gif

Congrats to dumpty!

Riushiki, ya.. your son looks so alert and hey, very adorable!! I am sure you find lots of fun just by looking at him!

melissa
yes, i did get episiotomy. now the wound less painful liao but still can feel little bit lah. cant wait for it to heal completely theni can sit properly!!

Melissa,
PD also prescribed Fucidin for bb when he's got a infection from the heat rash at the neck area. But mine is without a 'H'..juz Fucidin (Fusidic Acid Ph. Eur. 20mg/g, antibiotic cream)..wonder if it's the same...
Did u apply the cream on face? If can, then I dun have to go back to consult PD again...can juz use the cream...His full mth celebration this sun really hope he can be 'handsome' on that day
happy.gif

ilovebabies,
I believe it's ok to do rebonding even while bf. The only worry is the long hours at the salon cos what if need to express milk...hee..

Hello all!!

Long time din come in liao...the PC at my mom's place is down...so cannot get online. Wow...looks like a lot of mummies have popped liao!

So how's everyone doing? And how's the babies doing?

I just finished my 7-days of massage...tummy is quite flat already, but still flabby leh...dunno how to tighten it. Can't work out during the confinement period right? Must let the uterus/womb and all rest well before starting exercises right? I think my tummy looks flat, cos my overall waist line is still BIG! Still got about 4inches to loose before i reach my pre-preg waistline...same goes for the hips and thighs...haiz!

chocolat,
yes the heat rash is in the face. so i think it's safe.

ming liew, michelle,
did u girls asked y the doc wants to do this? it's been 8 days and i'm still uncomfortable!! wonder when it's going to heal. how do u sit down?

hi edksd,
i'm using NUK premium teat (latex) for my boy... so far so good... i realised it change colour so usually I try not to soak it in e water until next use and also i change it once it turns very light colour. now i stopped expressing liao cos my boy finally can latch on my nipple, think becos my nipple becomes more protuding after pumping for 1 month
happy.gif

hi mae
when is ur EDD? mine is early Oct and gynae predicted bb will pop out earlier thus i am on the Sept waiting bench.
happy.gif

ladies whom hv started massaging,
how do u cope wif massaging &amp; bfg? i mean our body will b quite "oily" aft massaging and gotta b binded up rite? then how to BF ah? and since NBs need to b fed frequently like every 2 hrs, scully in the midst of BFG, they wanna to b fed, how? and since we do not wanna hv nipple confusion in the early wks, i dun think EBM is the soln... juz wanted to hear ur views. thks.
happy.gif

im on total breastfeeding i realised my bb poo only once today. yday poo-ed 4 times. urine is ok. anyone has the same problem?

congrats to all mummies who recently popped.
happy.gif

I am still on the waiting bench, with mae, watie and crytallized I think. Have puppylove and smileys given birth?

edksd, i have only used medela storage bags for freezing EBM, never bottles, so can't answer your question of which is better.

crystallized, good question! I have also wanted to ask the same question about massaging and BF.

Mummies doing confinemt, what kind of confinement dishes do you eat everyday?

domesticgoddess, my confinement food suckz.... be it fish, vege or pork/chicken, it all taste e same...all got ginger, rice wine &amp; sesame oil...

babyzucchini, i dun latch on. But I'm suggesting u prepare a basin of warm water to wipe ur arms after massage. Tat's wat I'm doing cos I dun wan to carry BB with oily hands. My massage lady dun massage my breast, so I hv got no prob pumping. =)

What brand of diapers are you girls using at home? I'm using Pampers (red packaging) b'cos I find it quite cheap.

I have one question. Do you girls always change after bb wet the diapers? My mom said, you can use it until she wet it twice. But won't she get nappy rash? Or the nappy rash only occurs for cloth diapers only?

Congratulations Dumpty &amp; Angeline &amp; Melody!!
happy.gif

Riushiki! Jaden is just adorable!
happy.gif
I notice u're using nappies... isn't that A LOT of washing? Where did u get Jaden's pillow? Is it especially for preventing flat heads? I'd like to get one too
happy.gif

Edksd, the TMC nurses told u that? When they gave me the bottles they didn't tell me leh! I've been using them for about 3 weeks! But I really prefer to use the bottles compared to the milk bags.

Babyzucchini, abt the massage - I still carried on BFg while wearing the binder. (had it on for 8 hrs) Becoz it's so tight, ur movements are really restricted, latching on is not that comfortable for us, but ok for the bb, so still can lah! Just tahan I guess... when I did the thigh binding, that was worse! Thighs all bound up, tummy too... really shou bu liao! But I still carried on BFg. Abt the oilyness, just before I BF for the 1st time after the massage lady left, I washed my arms with soap to get rid of the oil. She told me I can just use powder to dry up my arms, but I didn't want any of the oil touching the bb, so I just washed everything off
happy.gif
Don't worry, it'll be ok
happy.gif

Domesticgoddess,
Actually, my confinemt fd is quite tasty, but I'm real sick of that ngor hee fish...
crazy.gif
It's fish, chicken and pork every day and like Chng's wife said, GINGER GINGER GINGER in everything! I'm farting like there's no tomorrow man... poot poot poot everywhere I go, even more than the bb. Even my hb cannot stand it!
lame.gif

Melissa,
I don't change the diaper after he wets it, coz I don't know when he pees! I change after he poos though, which he <u>always</u> does while feeding. I don't like the idea of him sitting in all that crap! hahaha... my bb had nappy rash when we brought him home from the hosp, and he's been using disposable diapers, not cloth diapers since... but after using the Johnson's nappy rash cream, it cleared up on the 3rd day!
happy.gif
So happy
happy.gif

Thks Chng's wife &amp; Joon 4 ur feedback. wah gotta put on binder 4 so many hrs... dunno i can tahan. somemore i got sensitive skin. see how bah...

As 4 halal caterer, i tried one v gd one, International Catering. but i dun hv their number off hand... mayb can try searching online 4 their website.
happy.gif

ya.. chng's wife.. i am getting four seasons for both sessions of enzo's full month...
happy.gif
have tried their food at work before.. got standard..
happy.gif
cheap and good..
happy.gif

Joon, what does the thigh binder look like? Where can i get one? I looking for something to slim down my thigh. Any creams that you apply before putting on the thigh binder? Can you PM me, pls? Cos i hardly come into forum.
Many thanks!

Hi Babyzucchini,
If u have sensitive skin, have a bottle of calamine lotion on standby, in case ur massage lady doesn't give u one. The jamu herbs can sting a little, especially if ur skin is sensitive. U can put on the calamine lotion after removing the binder. For me, my tummy area was fine, but my thighs started stinging after a while. :p

Hi Bena,
I don't have an actual thigh binder. The massage lady just rubbed the jamu herbs on my thighs, then wrapped them with clear wrap and wrapped over that with a long long bandage. And I kept it on for 4 hours... it was very hot! That's it!

Hi Babyzucchini,
If you have sensitive skin and fear that binder will make your skin more itchy. One suggestion is to tie the binder outside your clothes instead. I will just tie the binder outside my pyjamas and go to bed!

Melissa, I am using Drypers!

Chng's wife, i have craving for alot of things as well. But luckily, my confinement food taste not too bad! However, I do wish to go out leh!!! haaaa!! Confinement means confine at home. so boring at times!!!

If anyone looking for a PD for baby, I like to suggest Dr Ngiam from Singapore Baby and Child Clinic.

Alot of people go c Dr Ngiam becos of his expertise and patience with kids. However, also means u have to spend time waiting as well.
The clinic is at Gleneagles and Ang Mo Kio Town Center.

ilovebabies, thanks i called up Avent to check liao, knew how to sterilize liao. Thanks.

Went to consult Mdm Wong (TMC) on latching and brestfeeding. Learned alot from her (storing of milk, expressed milk info) and my gal now willing to guai guai suck my milk liao. She also help me to clear my block milk duct.Really tire lor, take so much of the time then in the end she fall asleep but i knew she still not enough but i let her continue sleeping.

Regards to the vacinnation, i take the 5 in 1 ject but dunno what the difference, is just that the PD recommend this so we take this. It cost us $590

actually i dun find confinement boring coz everyday is a busy day.... massage, breastfeeding, milk pumping, massage, breastfeeding, milk pumping, ....

today bought my son to PD for jaundice followup. but no blood test done. 2 days ago when he was discharged from phototherapy, his jaundice level was 9+. i asked the doc he says is ok, even no nd to sun bathe anymore. somehow i still feel insecure... alamak...

hi edksd dont worry..
tat time my boy jaundice also go phototherapy then e PD says must drop till below 11 then can discharge cos after it drop under 11 e level seldom goes up again to dangerous level... therefore since ur boy only discharge 2 days ago so e tenderance of his jaundice level goes up to dangerous level is super mild... maybe tat's y ur PD dont want him to be prick by needles unneccesarily... anyway ur PD can see whether ur boy yellow or not mah... they shld be very expert
happy.gif

btw is ur PD same as mine?? Dr Ong E.K from TMC?

if after 3rd wk (21days) ur boy still yellow then u need to bring him back for liver functioning test... just like my boy he is stillvery yellow till now but lucky he pass e liver functioning test so PD says his jaundice might be breastmilk jaundice which can last another 1-2 months

Joon
oh thks!
happy.gif
luckily i got 2 btl of calamine lotion at home. kena v bad rashes a few mths back and GP gave it to me. but find tt it dun really help. juz make my skin icy cooling 4 a while only. the itch comes back quickly. but thks anyway 4 the reminder.
happy.gif

littlepony
wow! 1st time i heard can wear binder o/s clothes! hehehe wat an idea!
lol.gif
it works the same way huh? so tt means our clothes shld b as thin as possible?

E-ling
wld like to check how much did Mrs Wong charge u 4 the session? she is v experienced and nice lady.
happy.gif

Joon, thanks. i cannot do the jamu
sad.gif
Tried on 2 days and my tummy had a pretty bad burn. Started peeling really badly...so the malay aunty stopped applying the jamu. I just did the massage and the tummy wrap. So i reckon i can forget abt the jamu on the thigh, especially when u are using shrink wrap+cloth...Thanks for the info tho.

Confinement Food
mummies, do you just eat chicken/pork/fish and vegetables that are stir-fried with ginger, rice wine and seasme oil? Or do you eat any outher traditional confinement dishes?

39th Week
I just did my scan this morning and bb is quite small leh.. don't know what has happened in the last month or so. Only 3kg! My first boy was delivered via c-sect on 39th week (which is like now) and he was already 3.28kg. I still have no labour signs.

E-ling, please share with us what Mrs Wong taught you when you have time. How does she get your gal to eat better now, was it due to change in latching position?

joon, what about eating other types of fish like cod or seabass for a change? I remember eating different types of fish during my confinement. Actually I don't fancy ngor hee's texture.. too rubbery for me. Prefer cod anytime!

I read before that too much ginger will worsen baby's jaundice level. I remember restricting the amount my mum used in cooking my food during first few weeks as my boy had jaundice.

Back