(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

jfong,

feeding every 1 hr if breastfeeding is actually ok leh.. according to my PD. Especially if like my girl, who i gotta nurse 30min each breast... they count the interval from the start of feeding time to that start of the next feeding time..

Total Breastfeeding = min 8-12 times in 24 hrs.. i trying to pump out milk, but, i think it is hard for me to achieve let down with pumping. Using the IQ Uno.. but, think i am getting the hang of it..the milk is slowly flowing more easily now.. hope things will improve.. if not, i might consider getting another pump..

I pump after every nursing and only get like 10-20mlml still.. i so far still okie with it, as my girl really know how to drain my breasts.. gyane say i got no engorgement n blocked ducts when i see him yesterday for my 1 week follow up. Although i don't have enough to store in freezer..hoping the extra stimulation after nursing will prompt my breasts to produce more milk as time goes by.

At first, i very stressed, tot i not enough milk to feed my girl, especially when pumping releases so little milk but after i read up on it, realised she is feeding min 8 times a day, her poo is yellowish mustardy colour and she wee wee like >6 times a day..so i do have the milk to satisfy her.. juz that, my milk not responding to the pump and refuse to be let down... this is especially when i total breastfeed most of the time and formula milk is only supplemented when she appears especially hungry after a feed, each time 30ml, until she satisfied.. so far, after breasfeed, she normally iz full and takes herself off the breast and even if we give her formula milk (which i try to avoid), she never asked for more then 30ml, often, she can't finish it.

My gynae informed me that i am likely one of those people who can BF, but don't take well to breastpumps.. but ask me not to give up and stress over it.. sigh.. easier said then done when one is so tired!!

hi jasmine,

ya, bf every 1 to 1.5 hrs is perfectly fine, that's y i ask butter if her bb is on formula or BF. If formula, that means mayb not enuff liao. Cos' formula bb shd be full and tahan at least 2.5 to 4 hrs.

Sorry to cause any misunderstanding:p
BF got to nurse on demand.

Hi fjong n smlow,
my bb usually wake up to feed abt 12+ to 1+am and bec sometimes i will feed him till abt 2hrs, coz he seems to like poo poo in the night n it is those reali alot alot type that is so messy, plus i burp him, hold him a while so he wont puke his milk and sometimes he will also fall asleep drinking his milk...so the next feed is abt 5+am and the next feed is abt 8 to 9plus am..it depends also on how long he takes to drink his milk...I feed him FM at night...Btw regarding the burping position, i also fnd it difficult to burp him at times n i get so upset..sometimes i tried burping him for 15min but still dun have...regarding the shoulder position, my boy is now abt 1mth and a few days already, so is it ok to put him on my shoulder to burp? As i usually burp him by holding his chin etc as taught by the nurses from thomson..but he usually struggle a lot too and i find it v difficult to hold him to my shoulder...tried once but gave up...
sad.gif

Btw i heard that Dr Brown milk bottles is v good to reduce wind in our bb, has anyone used it b4 and is it reali that good??

jfong,
the thing abt my boy is i find it difficult to establish to him, what is day or night, coz for him, after his stomach is full, he will fall asleep..but if he is not, then he will be awake n cry...so how can i let him know when is day n night since after feeding, he usually sleep if he is full..this is for both day n night too...

Augbaby

I wud say it is pretty okay for bb to feed 2 to 3 times at nite (that means wat u hv been doing so far) especially so when ur baby is still bery young.

They need the milk and tho tiring but trust me u will get the staisfaction when u see ur baby chubby chubby in a few mths time.

My ger is now into 10th week. Was a premmie, now 5.2kg and very chubby. She is also starting to differentiate btw day and nite only now, so tahan a bit more. Takes time...

As for burping, it's okay to burp over shoulders now, more effective than the chin method. My ger also dun burp well, and a puker too so i fully understand wat u say abt hving to carry bb longer so that they dun puke
happy.gif
According to my PD, some bb are jus nt good burpers.

Hi jfong,
thanks for the encouragement..okie..i will try the shoulder method tonight...sigh...v heartpain hor, whenever i see my boy puking his milk..but he even puke his BM which i latch him on..is that normal? Coz i thou they will puke only FM??
sad.gif

jfong,
my baby is on formula.. u are right, and i agree with u...
happy.gif
but my CL sometimes insist on still giving him 90ml... and see how.. so he will fall asleep and not finish his food, or puke up if eat too fast.

i have a suspicion she is not handling the feeding amounts rite.. sometimes 60ml just to please him after bath, and then very quickly after a short nap he will need one more feed. so when she goes back i will have problem
sad.gif

if i give my EBM i know he would get hungry faster, so we only give in the day not at nite.
i had talk with CL and she is finally finding it hard to sleep the past few days, cuz he wake up so often. i think last nite she finally increase the milk amount to 120ml :p but not for the day...
i wonder why she do it like that? might as well try to increase a bit and see how rite? when she leaves tomorro i will try and monitor see how.
sigh sigh.

augbaby and rest on the burping postiion,
my CL has always put my bb on the shoulder...
not too young rite? now i would switch from sitting position n shoulder if i cant get the burp out.

i oso feed baby about 2 times per nite.. if u do not count 10pm last feed, then prob about 12, 2 and 4am considered nite feeds. then 7 plus is the 1st feed of the tday

augbaby,
i oso wondering if should get some better bottles. anyone use those she mention or the BFree ones?

my boy now having puke up with lots of phelm. what should i do?

Hi cocomo,
i am experiencing the same as u...so cheer up okie..thou i know sometimes it is difficult..I try my best to burp him n if cant, i also no choice...

Jfong/smlow,
Thanks for advise. This morning we sent our maid back to her agent. This maid of mine got attitude problem, ask her do things she just face black black and 'ping ping pong pong'. So hb and I decided to change another one. I am now at my own taking care of baby as well as house work, this make my life even more stressful. The new maid take abt 2-3 weeks to come so I really hope I can tahan till then. Pray hard my new maid will not give me any problem to add on to my stressness. . .

hi augbaby,
i burped my bb on the shoulder position from 2 weeks onwards, easier that way for me. i find it very hard to handle bb if i burp holding her chin.
sometimes my girl doesn't wanna sleep during the day, like today from 11am - 2pm, she slept very little, dozed off for 10-15 mins then wake up and eyes big big, .... i fed her at 2pm, and after feeding until 4pm just now refused to sleep, jus looking around her eyes big big and goo-goo ga-ga to herself......

smlow,
At least your baby willing to hear you goo-goo-ga-ga, I damn scare my baby awake coz that means I have to carry, shake and walk around till he fall asleep. super tired!

augbaby,
Life just isnt get better for me la. One thing havent solve here come another problem. Damn stressful now.

hi cocomo,
she goo-goo ga-ga to herself
happy.gif

at times i can leave her on her bouncer for quite sometime and she amuses herself, kicking and flapping her arms....!! the bouncer is the big type, so i guess more comfy than the small type. kiddy palace selling the big bouncer (the one with net) for SGD39.90 if i'm not mistaken, i got mine from msia for RM45. hahaha
happy.gif

hi cocomo,
if u cant cope, can get a helper to come and clean ur place once or twice a week.
if u need someone to help just for these 2-3 weeks, i can ask for you. let me know.
why don u get a maid with experience? can request from agent. that's what some of my friends did. i dont hv a maid, so cant really comment.

cocomo,
me same as u, scared for bb wake up..
when he wakes now, its always a loud cry man.. i hear oso stress... his cries getting louder and sharper..

also my maid is quite new too.. i hope i can keep her on and dun have to change.. now observing. maid is another headache, and some more we have bb to look after.

hope u will get your replacement soon.. and get a nice helper...
happy.gif

smlow,
ur gal so good, can goo goo gaga herself.. my boy only like that for a while early in the morning, n CL leaves him in the playpen... i would go and try to play with him, or put him in boucer for few min, but not for long, only maybe 5min. then cry cry cry...

smlow,
If I can't cope then will definately ask the no from you. Thanks!

My maid is experienced one and she worked for 7 years in Singapore before therefore she very 'ya ya'. At first she wake up at 8am then when my mom's here my mom ask her to wake up earlier and clean up the floor b4 we wake up. Then my mom not here she will play trick lo. You know she take afternoon nap everyday, sometimes even from 2pm-5pm!!! Sometimes rather get none experience maid then they will just do whatever you ask them to do.

Butter,
Not all ppl so suai like me la got this type of maid! Think uour maid chin chin chai chai also better than mine. At least you will not 'so4 qi4'!! Initially I requested for experienced maid tot can reduce my pressure who knows adding on to my stress now!

cocomo,
well my maid only has less the 1 year exp, but u may have a point, those not so experience one, a bit more kuai initially hehehe but wait lar.. wait till she familiar, can joke with us, then if do somthing wrong, not apologetic at all.. take for granted.
take it easy, in the past, b4 this maid, i oso prefer just parttime maid come in to help with housework , but dun stay with us... better..

maybe u can get agency to give u a medium exp one hehehe like mine... at least work for sporean b4..or have exp for a bit with babies.

hi cocomo,

i read from childcare book that constant shaking may cause bruising and damage of the baby's brain as it is still very fragile in first 2 mths... so try not to shake your baby too much k... my CL tends to shake my baby if he cries very loudly (despite my reminders)... think she kinda panic... its exasperating as it is beyond my control... even my granny says dont shake the baby... guess sometimes its hard for us mummies... but i'll try to just carry him and walk around the house and sing to him if it helps...

hi butter8,

regarding your maid, was wondering if she needs to wake up at late night during feeds? or her timetable is strictly from say, 6am to 9pm only? was kinda worried when im going back to work and if i have to wake up few times at night then i will be very tired during the day... and do you draft out a timetable for your maid?

hi mummies,
i also tried putting him against my shoulder. seems to work a little. in fact, yest, he was cranky again so i lie down with cushions against my back and lay him flat against my body with his head against my shoulder/chest. He fell asleep after some time and i could also sleep while holding him.

my baby also the same. daytime can sleep longer n i have to decide whether to wake him up for milk or not. but when it comes to nite, he gets hungry very fast. he'll want milk like 2 - 2 1/2 hrs interval. so tired.

brought my son to kk yest to see pd about his thyroid prob. luckily, he din inherit my thyroid prob. phew! dr. says he's happily discharged. finally can breathe a sigh of relief.
happy.gif
pd also says my boy has colic but he told me if my boy wants to be carried, then by all means carry him. he din advise me to take infacol or colic drops saying that there's no proof that it helps.

baby is now 4.6kg, length is 57cm as at 1 month and 7 days. pd says he's of avg size so ok. with regards to the amt that baby shd be drinking, he gave us a formula but he also states that we shdn't follow strictly cos it also depends on baby's appetite. i'll state the formula so that u may use it as a rough guide. The formula is baby's weight (in kg) X 20. pd calculated for me and baby shd be drinking 92ml but rite now, my boy is taking abt 100ml (most of the time) to 120ml depending on how hungry he is.

Have received the sarong stand from hb's colleague's yest nite. dunno whether my boy will take well to it or not. will see how today.

Hi cocomo,
Cheer up ya..hugs for u..i guess sometimes life seems so tough, but look at yr darling n all be better...heads up..I also dun noe when my boy puke milk when i latch him too..is it bec he tend to move abt alot?

Smlow,
wow..at least yr girl play by herself..mine, when awake means he is either crying or want to be carried..sometimes he cries, i dun reali know if he want to be feed or juz wan to be
carry..sigh..anyone can advise???
sad.gif

Hi butter,
i also know wat u mean abt the maid..sigh..worry abt her hygenice as well..sometimes she sweat while doing housework n when bb cries, she will go carry him...i dun noe wat to do when i go bk to work in 3wks time...worry she cant handle the bb herself as my dad dun noe anything n my mum will only be bk to take care of my bb at 1pm...reali worry if she knows how to feed him n if he cough or choke when feeding, will she knows how to handle him...damn sian at times....so many things to worry but still need to go bk to work

augbaby,
i worried my maid is a bit rough when handling baby.. esp the carrying position when bathing or wiping...

my bb same as yours i think, once wake up just cry... not much play time. cry immediately for food... very fierce...

Hi ladies,
how is everyone coping?

my CL just left, so last nite, my hubby supposed to help me with 1 feed... heheehe he so tired.. i had to help him in the end, and sit with him. sigh..

can u gals share,
does your baby sleep in a seperate room from u? do u think its ok to put him alone in room + a baby monitor?

my boy is now just 1 month only and eating a mix of EBM and FM... eats about 80 - 110ml each feed. is that ok?

today is first day he has not poopoo... just when CL left... how come? should i be worried? last nite no pooh poo and today now already 1pm no poo... how?

hi butter,
babies taking fm doesn't poo very often unlike those taking bm. mine poos once every 2 to 3 days. talked to pd and he says it's ok as long as his poo is soft and yellowish. does ur baby take more fm or bm? did u check with ur cl whether he poos every day? my cl did tell me b4 that he doesn't poo every day.

jasmine,
phew he just did a poo hahaha
happy.gif

but its good to know that as they grow bigger they poo less... peace of mind & oso less mess hehehe

erin00
actually my bb every morn about same time poo... sometimes also poo at nite. i have been monitoring.
he takes more FM then EBM... so should be less poo ya
happy.gif

anyone really bored at home? i am at home w maid, but so bored... what do u gals do? must find something meaningful to kill time, if not will get depress again man...
just online and dressed in home clothes all the time is getting on my nerves.. even FM95 not helping... guess just waiting around for baby to wake again is a bit making me feel stifeld.

Butter8,

Currently my 2 wks old BB sleeps on the bed with me in the night. HB is relegated to the study room cos he's a light sleeper and has upcoming exams. CL sleeps in BB room with cot. I do the diaper changes and BFg at night.

This is a better arrangement as CL has originally intended for BB to sleep in cot and to bring him over to me in my room if he cries and wants his feed. But that would mean HB will wake up. To save the hassle, I decided on the abv arrangement.

After CL leaves, my plan is that BB will go back to cot with BB monitor. If he wails, I'll go over and feed him till we both fall asleep on the mattress on the flr or I'll put him back and return to my own room. Don't want to make it a habit for BB to think that he will always sleep with his mom - train independence. Also, I have a TV in my room and it is not conducive to have TV blarring in the backgnd and lights turned on when it's BB's bedtime.

Butter8,

I'm feeling the same as you too - B O R E D! Prolly worse (?) for you since you hv a FDW and there's no housework to do. Else that shld keep you occupied.

Your confinement over right? Dress up a bit and go downstairs with BB to walk walk lor... or to the nearby mall. A bit of fresh air and sunshine is good, even if it's just for a while. No need to go too far also. I wish I can do just that now.
happy.gif

Hi Butter8 and Leia,

I tot i was the only one BORED!!! haha... Thank goodness tmr is my bb's one mth already and i'm moving back to my mum's place (staying at MIL's presently) in the east then can go walk walk with bb to the beach!!!
happy.gif
Yippeeee....

Leia,
my bb slept in his own room the entire time for my confinement. Cl was sharing room with him, cuz i dun have any more room. when BF, she used to bring him over, until i started expressing she sometimes helped with nite feeds, so hubby n i can catch more sleep. now with her gone, i tried 1 nite with baby monitor and i go over when i hear him fussing.. but since its my first nite, i keep staying awake to hear the different sounds.. a small noise i also wake up...panda eye now. since i see u also leave him alone, i feel better too...

yes pretty bored.. even in confinement i started to go out nearby with hubby when he is home.. cant be confined would go crazy.. now CL no longer around i have to help my FDW just in case she cant handle.. until everyone a bit more pro maybe i fang xing go out. till then, boredom for me. :p

mums,
do u use blankets for bb? or always switch on air con for bb? i find its been so hot these days in the afternoon. usually we only have aircon on at nite for bb, but today i decided to switch on.. he is sleeping soundly now.. but hope that dun mix up his nite and day... put on the radio now... and working next to his cot.
u gals must have heard of SID rite, sudden infant death.. they say we should not leave blankets or pillows etc in the cot which could suffocate the baby.. but CL used to put like blanket, or nappy to cover bb, n also have pillows to stop him from rolling around.. should be ok rite?

by the way, do u think i am very bad so leave radio on in the day in baby room so he knows its daytime?

iu just dun wan it to be too quiet...????

my bb gal poos many times a day, average i think 3-4 or sometimes 5 times. always watery and yellow in colour. she's on full BM. i always thot those on BM would poo less.

smlow,

I thought those on BM will poo more for the reason that BM easier to digest than FM. Therefore, they also get hungry faster. Make sense?

i actually stay wif my MIL in jurong west but my mum's place is at siglap and i'm moving back to my mum's place for the next 3 months with bb cos DH is gg to the States and i'll go insane staying at my MIL's!!! Now practising how to use the MIM sling. Getting ready to go out alone with bb! Must go get some fresh air! was thinking of gg east coast. haha... but a little scared leh!!! go out with bb like got so much barang barang to bring!

juz jewel,
how is the practising going? i tried once yesterday, but bb cry n cry so stopped fast fast.
sad.gif

seems like we are opposite, my mum place in west and my place near katong
happy.gif
but if i go from here, east coast is very near, b4 give birth i used to walk there almost every evening with dogs.

Speaking of East Coast, before I got pregnant, I used to blade there during some weekdays and weekends with friend... Now cannot liao...
sad.gif

I stay in Sengkang/Punggol.

juz jewel,

I bought the MIM sateen sling during the last Kiddy Palace sale (GSS - 20% off). Is it as simple as putting the ends through the loops, sling it across the shoulders and put BB in?

Took it out few days ago but haven't try yet. My mom and CL also can't figure out how it works though the instruction manual says just that. I only test try putting a small toy dog in the sling and it stays put. Looks like it has passed my safety test :p But my mom and CL reckon the toy dog is too small/light compared to BB. Bummer!

Hi all, I am new here. Joining in to tap on expereinces with babies of the same age. My twins boys are coming to 1month next Mon. Initially, I worry that they are drinking too much but seems like some of the babies here drink even more...guess they should be fine then.

Butter8 and Augbaby, hmm..now makes me wonder if boys are truely more "noisy"..My boys would also wake up, plays for a short while and cry..and normally they cannot fall asleep themselves and hv to carry them to make them sleep.

Hi Butter,
Ya me too worried abt the maid..i worst..haha i dun even let the maid bathe the bb..now only slowly letting her feed my bb and teaching her to change diapers...coz i be going bk to work in 3wks time..how time flies...
sad.gif
My bb sleep in a cot in our room as our hm only got 3 rooms and 1 my maid sleep in and another is the study room..i do the nite feeding myself so more convenient to haven bb wif us...BB used to poo poo so often every day but now lesser..like every 2 days then poo and each time he poo it is like alot n covers his "little brother" too..haha..gross...N worst he likes to poo at nite like 2-3am...when i am half asleep n feeding him..arghh... Now my boy is also on both FM n EBM n latching...coz he seems to be eating more n my BM like not eno..Think he is going thru a growht sprout...plus i juz return the Medela PIS pump n now have to use my single electric..damn depressing to see so little EBM when i use PIS have abt 6oz...sigh...Now looking for a PIS...if anyone got sell 2nd hand PIS, pls let me know asap..
happy.gif

hi Leia,
i actually thot BM digested faster so got nothing to poo. hahaha
happy.gif

sometimes she poos after every feed during the day :p so i go through like 7-8 diapers daily. heartache.... lucky i stocked up on lots of diapers during sale. but it's going fast fast fast....

hI gals

leia,
for me blading at east coast seems like history - hehehe i feel old now man.

tch,
hello. my boy either needs some carrying or milk to sleep... he does cry each time he wakes... seldom coo n stare by himself in cot.

augbaby,
did your CL teach maid how to bath and wipe bb? mine did , and ask her to do trial run.. my maid just try to do last nite n today.. with me hovering around and spot checking.. :p
wow so much poop ah your boy
happy.gif
he he
time passes fast ya... u taking 2 months only?
what about 3rd month?

hi butter,
Me no CL..my mum help me do confinement one.
happy.gif
i took 9wks n rest i be taking in within the 6mths lor..thou of going for a short trip to pamper myself wif hubby..my boy also dun coo n stare at himself one..haha

Butter8

you've got dogs!!! What breed? hehe... DH and i were planning to get a sheltie after we came back from our honeymoon last year but got pregnant instead. Haha! So doggie plans got put on hold!!!
sad.gif
Miss the east!!! Its so much less congested then the west.

Butter 8 and Leia,
I think just thread one end through the rings. i tried to follow the pics on the webbie but MIM sling difficult to use properly leh... no matter how i try, still have to support the neck and head but i see the pic on the webbie like no need to support! Think i'm not doing it rite! And its also very hot so i tot i'd spare bb the agony and try again tmr... !!!

tch
hihi!!! how do you cope wif 2 bb boys?!? my arms are about to drop off wif just one!!! He demands to be carried 24/7!!! otherwise he just wails and wails!!!

hi all,

would like to ask those who given birth at TMC, before the baby is discharged from hospital, Hep B jab 1st dose was given. There was this TMC appointment card which say when the 2nd dose is due. Do we need to go back TMC for the 2nd jab? Or go the designated PD? Or can we just go any PD for the 2nd dose?
happy.gif

Hi Butter, juz_jewel and Leia,
Talking about boredom, i just slip out to do my rebonding on the 18th (monday)day of my confinement. hehe.. it really helps to de-stress after staying at home for almost 3 weeks!
Finally wave goodbye to my lion hairstyle after a year!
Wat's more, you have all completed your confinement! Cheer up and start planning programmes with our babies with our remaining maternity leave!
:)

Butter8 - we really have a lot in common. My CL just left this morning and panic has set in! Tonight is the first night on our own. Actually, quite upset cos baby doesn't seem to like it when I carry her (except for when she is b'feeding). Hubby too. But my maid is really good at doing it, so thank goodness she is able to help get Chloe to go to sleep, otherwise we peng san already. But feel very inadequate tho.

I also have baby sleeping next door on her own but tonight will probably spend all night listening out for baby monitor sounds. Thot of having my maid sleep with her but decided better for her to get used to being on her own - am I very cruel? ;p

I also have a dog - a Shih Tzu - who has been really good about the baby. Must keep paying him attention too so he doesn't feel left out!

P.S. Went downstairs with baby for a short walk today. She seemed to like it. Will attempt shopping centres next week!

Back