(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

*Silly Billyz*
Orders taken for
1. Jul04
2. MTDT
3. Stephanie
4. Peach
5. Eeyore
6. Dsii
7. Jasline
8. Blessings

Blessings... 8!! Haha. They dry very quick btw. Another good thing.

Jul04,
The thing is, you will be jetlagged yourself, prob more so cos bbs ar supopsed to overcome it faster than adults, so there won't be a problem energy-level wise?

YB,
Insurance.... Thanks. I would like know nothing apart from the standard info. And it's outpatient I'm more interested in. Premium, excess, list of clinics/hospitals..... A few mummies mentioned it can be deducted from medisave?
 


*Silly Billyz*
I calculated and it's S$18.20 each. Is it alright if we make it $18.40 to cover kopi-money for my friend? Will be buying him lunch.... I'll make it optional. You can pay either $18.20 or $18.40. I don't mind.
 
Zoe, u need us to transfer funds when? I may not track this thread as often.. so can u pm me instead when in times to make payments?

Thanks a MIL
 
eeyore
cos too many ppl view the website liao....exceeded their bandwidth..i think david mentioned weekedn then can view ah...hehehe
 
Stephanie
No hurry with the money. I'll let you know. I won't have regular access myself from next week.

More experienced mummies,
How is it usually done with money matters? How do people pay each other and what are the preferred methods?
 
Zoe,
If you are talking about outpatient visits with the GP or PD, we don't have outpatient insurance here, unlike the UK or US. It's mostly offered by companies as a form of employee benefit, either through some company doctor network or on a reimbursement basis.
 
zoe
normally we use internet banking to transfer funds while dealing with some mummies organising BP here...but of cos at times we'll COD loh..hehehe....
 
Jul04,
Oh. Hmm.... I guess in Spore we have polyclinics which is the more affordable option but Dylan isn't Sporean or PR so he'll be charged normal rates comparable to private GPs..... I think NTUC income has an outpatient plan. Heard something some time back. Will need to research more.
 
Zoe,
i see.....guess he won't be entitled to subsidised rates in the polyclinics. But for most of us, we go to pte GPs and PDs and the rates are fairly reasonable. Dylan shld be paying the same for these pte ones, I think.

actually, is Dylan eligible for dual citizenship since you are singaporean?
 
Jul04
Yes, Dylan will pay same rates at private clinics. SP govt doesn't allow dual citizenship. Read about the $400 bill.
 
Mummies
Can my baby go for his 5th month 5-in-1 if he is having runny nose? He is schedule to have his jab tmr but he is having runny nose for the past 1 week. Won't go off even tho he is on medication. guess must be the weather. I dun wan to waste my trip to the polyclinic if cannot go for the jab.
 
yenny
normally when i went polyclinic for ian's jab...the nurse will ask if he is feeling ok for the past few days ...like fever...runny nose or cough...maybe u can call up polyclinic to check?
 
Anyone has friends working for NTUC income? Wanna get the sheild plan too.

Zoe, I dont mind trying out the bibs. I'll get one. Thanks!

Mums, anyone tried giving baby spout cup already? I bought a mag mag pigeon spout, but i think emerson doesnt really like, maybe take him awhile to get use to it.

Stephanie, I use kodomo or pigeon. I tried tollyjoy before but dun like it at all, coz after washing it, u can still smell the "bubblegum" scent.
 
PM,
Ok. Reserved a bib for you. Any colour preference?
Dylan uses a cup with a spout. He took some time to get used to it. We used to feed him with a teaspoon but he started blowing bubbles into the water instead of drinking it each time we offered him water form a spoon. I find the Tommee Tippee First Cup works well. It's a very standard one I think.
 
PM
i got the Avent one...free when bought the pump..ian dunno how to drink from it leh..hahaha..but he bit the spout..hahaha...now my right breast pain pain manz...block ducts, pump for an hr still not more than 20ml milk...cham ah....me scared of block ducts manz...
 
Dsii, u still can feel pain and block, mine is totally soft and sag
sad.gif
but i only latch once a day now. U mean the magic cup arh.. I was deciding magic cup, pigeon and combi, end up i buy pigeon coz it the cheapest, wont heartache if E doesnt wanna drink from it
 
me still pump everyday ard 3 times loh...but wanted to stop soon...see lah..thinking to stop then now got block ducts...damn sianz...block nevermind still pain...super sianz...and think going to fall sick AGAIN...cos now feeling so cold...wahlau...y like that....
 
dsii,
dsii how come block ducts leh, u lazy wait too long then pump is it? then how must use warm towel n massage is it?

PM,
haha..mine oso soft n saggy liao..sad
sad.gif
can tell lesser n lesser milk oredi,but Gillian still likes to latch so im a bit sad then sometimes she suck n suck got nothing will get pek chek, i will use a very sad voice n tell her,"Baby, mummy no more milk oredi."

re: spout cup
i got a free one from tollyjoy, she quite like it but it's a simple one without handles n a lid to cover d spout when not using. i was looking around also but haven get cos cant find d colours i like :p

Baby E's hair so neat in d pic
happy.gif
so u have been cooped up at home ah since he has to be isolated?
 
dsii, pm
thanks, will call up b4 the appt. Actually this is going to be the 2nd time i postpone. The jab was originally schedule last sat.

dsii
i think u must massage to clear the blocked ducts or else it will get worse. My sis oso like u. when sick cannot take medicine as she is bfing, so she's quite weak, oso always get sick.
 
Hi Peach,
Thx. I got the hat from a pushcart in Compasspoint.

Hi Jasline,
Where do u see the Frog Pod in S'pore? How much is it selling?

Hi Steph,
Wah, it'll come up to S$42 also. Hmm...have to think carefully first.

Hi Zoe,
K, will ask my agent when I see him. But I remembered him telling me tat only outpatient consultation in hospital's specialist then can claim. Else, normal GPs & PDs cannot.

Hi PM,
Just now I was drinking water from mineral water bottle. Then bb Kaylyn saw & opened her mouth. So I tried to feed her by tilting the bottle. Amazingly, she can drink! Think I wanna train her to drink from cup liao.

Hi Dsii,
I think u have to take really gd care of yourself. Be healthy & ur BM will b more nutricious for bb too. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of BFing,right? Sorry for being so harsh, but I keep hearing u fall sick so often, it's very worrying! Pls pls take care!
 
Hi mummies,
Just came back from collecting my 2nd mth supply of reductile from doc. I signed on the package, so the 3rd mth is FREE!! Yippee! Lost 1cm from waist & now weighing 48kg. But the fats on my back is still very stubborn. Doc says have to exercise lor..else can only do injection or suck the fats out...sob..so sad.
 
YB - Wah.. magic tablets? SIGH. my flabs on my tummy r the WORST. I've lost weight everywhere else except for my tummy. my bellybutton looks gross... Tummy is flabby n saggy juz like d breasts. soooobBb


NTUC income insurance - hehe. what a strange coincidence u all talkin abt insurance again now. i'm meeting up with my mum's insurance agent from ntuc income this sunday. if got anything sounding good will share with u all.


dsiitan, blocked ducts huh. n pain? n feeling cold n feverish issit? sounds like mastitis.. think it's better if u go see doc n get antibiotics. remember to tell them that u r still bfeeding so they give u the ones that wld be OK for bfeeding. get lots of rest n drink lots of water.
happy.gif
take care..

Zoe, $18.40 it is.
happy.gif
thanks for actually buying in advance hehe.
 
Hi Jasline,
On closer look, the Frog Pod seems small. Do u think can fit in bigger btls of baby shampoo/shower gel etc? I'm too lazy to check the measurements..hee..hee...

Hi Peach,
Reductile is a slimming pill. Can only b prescribed by doc. Not sold in retail. I only take 1 pill a day. But ex lor, it's $150/mth supply. My tummy is also flabby even though I've lost weight. Doc says only exercise can tone up the muscles.
 
OC, ya ar.. i never thought of that.. just quietly pay the medical bills. abit dumb. just brought lycia to PD for review today. was supposed to bring kai, but since he's fine, decided to bring the 'still wheezing' lycia. and she has to take medication for 2 months. so sad.. and the bill was $330. *faint* And i paid for all the $700+ myself. feel like scolding my hubby. haha.

lala, tried fitti b4. like the print. haha. but for absorbency, i duno leh.. cos i used it when germayn was just born (the NB size), and she poo-ed every 2-3 hours. haha. so i have to change the diapers anyway.

yenny, i also postponed Germayn's jab twice cos of her runny nose. think it's better not for babies to take jabs when they'll not feeling too well ba.

Zoe, can i reserve one bib? Any colour is fine for me...or rather..my gal. hahaah. Thanks!
 
Jul04
I took a look at NTUC and Aviva's websites. NTUC seems to have what I'm looking for. Aviva appears to only cover hospitalisation, as you said. I'll wait for you to meet your agent to find out.
 
*Silly Billyz*
Orders taken for
1. Jul04 - light blue/navy and red/navy (2)
2. MTDT - light blue/navy and red/navy (2)
3. Stephanie - 2 boys one (2)
4. Peach - one pink n one lilac (2)
5. Eeyore - Lilac/Purple & Mauve/Lilac (2)
6. Dsii - red/navy (1)
7. Jasline (jas) - light blue/navy (1)
8. blessy - all colours (8)
9. Lala - red & mauve/lilac (2)
10. PM - lilac/purple (1)
11. Z-Lia - girl (1)
 
thks for the concern...*touched*

yenny
ya loh...cant take medicine thenafter recovered...1-2 weeks comes again..damn sianz one...

YB
i know i must take care of myself..but hor..if i cant take medicine the very difficult leh..can go to doc to get BF-safe medicine..but not cheap loh..one time see doc..nealy $30+..then the medicine very mild..so oso take long time to recover...if fever or headache..i cant take panadol cos ian allergic to it..so how...doc oso scratch head that time i told him not to precribe panadol...thats y i tot of stopping BF..so i can slowly build up my health and take gd care of ian and isaac loh...hb said 6 mths liao..can stop...but very sad loh..just now told him maybe is 'tian yi'...let me stop naturally cos me kept hesitate loh...haiz...damn sianz..
 
Hi Zoe,

Yup, thanks for allowing me to buy the 8 bibs...will preferred to have 3red, 3 navy and 2 light blue..boy's colours, not inclusive of girls' colours
happy.gif
Thanks thanks! Oh yes, $18.40 is fine with me. Total for me is $147.20. Let me know when to pass the $$$ to you.
happy.gif


Dsii,
I think is already very good since you have BF Ian till now. Dun have to feel bad. I also stop BF not too long ago (though I am feeling bad like you do too) but as for me, cos Ryan is on solids now, I do not want to confuse him between, bottle teats, spoon and nipples. Moreover, since the "volume" of my supply is not as much so I just stop after much consideration.

Talking about health, mine was not as good as before after delivery. I guess lack of proper rest is one thing and another major thing is EXERCISE. No matter how many massages I went, I still feel tired and fatigue so I think exercise will play an important in building up one's health.
 
Hi Zoe,
Thanks for the bib. $18.40 is fine with me. Let me know when to transfer the payment to you. Thanks
 
blessings
thks for the encouragement..dunno leh...frens asked me if im still bf..i told them stopping soon...they all said ok lah..since already 6 mths..even hb oso said can stop..cos he sees me pump every now n then then complained breast pain...nipple sore..thjis and that..hahaha...most impt...if i pump milk..he will hv to take care ian..hahaha...hb said i now like 'big size lin dai yu' 'ruo bu jing feng'...aiyo...fully FM then will hv to spend more $$ on milk powder liao..hahaha...
 
Hi YB,
I also don't know whether bigger bottles of baby shampoo/shower gel can fit in. The measurement is 48.26 x 41.91 x 17.78 cm. Let me email the sales and see what she says. Will let you know when she reply.
 
re: health not as good after delivery

blessings, dsii,
my gf shared that confinement played an impt part in her health after she had her son, before that she wasnt as healthy n cant even withstand air con if stay in it too long. but after she 'guai guai' eat all d very 'bu' tonic n rested well during confinement, she seldom fall sick like before.

but health not as good may be also bcos taking care of baby then not enuf rest etc...?
 
blessings
ya massage no use, but i dun really exercise leh...only bring baby out for walks. now she is bigger hope to bring her for a swim, or maybe more like a soak in d water
happy.gif
 
Hi dsii,
Follow-on FM is cheaper than stage 1 right? Btw, Wat's the diff between Similac Excellence Follow-on & Similac Follow-on. I have a sample tin each & dunno which one to give bb Kaylyn.

Hi Jas,
Thx for helping!hee..hee...I know I'm simply too lazy...

Health:
I didn't eat a lot of tonics during confinement & u all know I dun really to those confinement practices too...in fact, I even went out for prata on my 3rd bight of confinement..hee..hee..But I sleep a lot during confinement...mayb cos I dun BF. Now, I find tat I'm very afraid of heat nowadays. I used to b afraid of cold. Rarely can tahan aircon. But now, when ppl complain it's cold, I'll be warm!!
 
YB
ya..cheaper...but still ex..wahahaha...Nan 2HA i think is ard $29+...but maybe they start to take solid food..consumption of milk may not be so frequent too...but still hv to buy and make him drink..cos milk still impt to them at this stage...
 
YB, u only weigh 48kg huh... aiya me still so heavy... i ever ask my gp to prescribe for me but he say not advisable so sad...

check out his portable chair... loks so convenient but very ex...

656172.jpg


zoe, I dun mind paying $18.40 ea too... hope to receive it at the gathering too...

zita, i dun mind giving my name to MyGym too... mayb I'll drop by this weekend to look around...
 

Hey YB,

Wow..u 48 kg only! 48 kg is my ideal weight leh...I still have lots to go..currently at 54..sigh!! BUt I read that reductil should be given only if your BMI is overweight range. Dun think you are lah. THink I put on weight more after I return to work. ALways sitting down..backside bigger n bigger :_)
 

Back
Top