(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB


lala, you sure have a lot of milk... two pumps a day! Keep it up. Which pump are you using?

I also intend to breastfeed as long as possible. But not sure how long lah... PD recommended me to breastfeed for 6 months since I have enzema.

Brambles, will try to scan and send to you later. Let me know your email address.

Going to feed baby...
 
kloe,
I am using Medela PIS and I think is the pump that is giving me so much milk. Don't think I will bf longer than 6months. I know many people will say have supply should bf longer but find myself v tired working and expressing ... haiz I am trying to cut down supply slowly.
 
PM,

Agreed wif Kin. Perhap u wait till a week, if he still dun poo, then it's best to bring him to see doctor. Me brought my boy to see family doc yesterdae coz he din poo 4 10 dae liao.The doc insert a pill ( cant recall wat the pill name )inside his anus and within an hr, all his " SAI " came out.

However, the doc advise me to monitor his pooing. If he still dun poo within 4 dae, must consult PD straight away.
 
lala... WOW! you're one lucky lady! haha... think i gotta combine duno how many days' of milk to get 800ml
sad.gif

anyway, i'm using the avent manual pump. what about u?
 
Hi brambles,
I have Avent Manual Pump too but realise that when I use that, my supply will dip but once go back to PIS, supply shoots up again ... I know it's good to have lotsa supply but feel more guilty when want to wean off. Now trying to reduce supply to 600ml per day ...

Have you started work?
 
Kloe,

Wld lik to noe hw to increase milk supply too. Mind if u can send me tt articles as well? Thankz....My email : [email protected]

lala,

wow, ur milk supply really good. Me went to try out the Medela PIS demo set at Mums & Babes last week but to my disappointment, only manage to pump out 60 ml from each breasts. So was deciding if i sld stop breastfeeding too.....Haiz
 
lala... started work long ago. in fact already @ work for bout 2 mths plus now.

i want to wean off but it's a struggle with myself. cuz on the one hand, i want to wean off but on the other, feeling guilty bout depriving my girl. after all, i've just 1 mth to go to hit teh 6-mth target. btw... i'm not on tbf, just partial as supply is low
sad.gif
 
brambles and claudia, I have problem with using the scanner... will try to send it to you once I managed to scan. Waiting for my hubby's instruction :p

brambles, so long as you have tried your best, then dun have to be guilty. Guess in the meantime try to relax and not stress yourself. Eat well and drink lots of fluid and rest when possible.

lala, how long do you pump at each session? And when do you pump? I am using Ameda pump.
 
Hi Kloe,
I pump for 15mins. Pump at around 5.30am and 5.30pm. Intend to give bm till 6 months only. Reason being that my HB has been the one feeding baby during night feed and early morning feed, he said I need to express milk in the morning thus took over the feeding from the every beginning. Poor HB has lost so much weight since then and esp when I started work
sad.gif


Hi brambles,
me also work for 2 months liao ... I started my girl on 2 feeds of FM at night when she is 4months old.
 
Hi mummies, thanks for yr advise...

Yesterday night BB suddenly woke up at 4.30am and refuse to sleep. I was very tired coz i slept at 3am. I was very pissed with him and almost killed him.. almost wan to take te pillow and suffocate him... I Ikept patting him very hard...

I am also intending to stop bf-ing low supply plus no mood to pump.... So tired.. and so pointless.

Hong, I think i need to change the size... but i forget which is the one liao, can fwd me the Pm i sent u? thanks, sorry for the trouble.
 
Lala, so envious, if i were u, i will be very motivated to express. Now my supply is like only 125ml in every 8 hrs interval, i also pump 2x a day.

BB pooed today, but it's abit only like come out together when he fang pi and it's not watery. There's this piece that is lumpy but not hard... Dunno how...


Latching - Baby E refuse to latch now nd I'm very sad, coz i missed those feelings when he latch. he can really differentiate, like when I put pacifer near his mouth he will turn to it and suck, but if i change to nipple he will close his lips so tightly. It really saddens me, I treat him like my precious, but he doesnt want me anymore........ just like his daddy..?
 
Hi brambles and claudia, I have sent you the plan liao.

Think we should give ourselves a pat that we have come this far in breastfeeding our babies.

Lala, I also envy you leh. Your milk supply is good and takes so little time to pump.

Hello PM, i can understand how you feel about being tired. When we are frustrated and tired, it is so easy to get agitated. Must remember not to take it on baby. Maybe baby E is going through a nursing strike? Not that he doesn't want you lah. Came across an article. Like to share with you. http://www.mobimotherhood.org/MM/article-refusal.aspx

Take care..
 
Hi PM,
Dun like tat lah...I can't BF at all & I really envy all mummies who's done so much for their bb. Kudos to all mummies who's survive BFing till now! It's really no mean feat. U should pat yourself on ur shoulder for the hard work!
 
PM,

Do cheer up. My boy has been super distracted when I latch him too...he rather look ard then drink milk. He has also been biting me...Perhaps it's just a phase Emerson is going through, or he's not hungry...Can try stretching him a bit more before feeding?
 
Mummies,
for those who wanna to join me to get items from Old Navy. I trusted all wun run away so i wun ask for $$ 1st. I will only ask all to pay me after i got my credit card bill. OK for everyone?

MTDT, it takes abt 2 - 3 weeks to get my stuffs.

PM, I had forward u ur order.

Yenny,
now the vpost charge higher. so i guess each items will be slightly higher than last time. I cant determine how much more.

Dsii,
i only ask u to pay me once i got the shipping cost and credit bill so i give u more time to let ur $$ earn interest in ur bank hor. hahaha..
 
helo mummies...
super busy at work, so no time to post.

PM - party at ur hse... me also tentative. will try to come.
happy.gif


saw alot of new nicks leh.
happy.gif
WELCOME

here is the table of jul mummies.
if there is any updates, do PM me. i might not hv time to read thru the posts.
happy.gif


<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Updated as of </TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>July mummies</TD><TD>Love Nest</TD><TD>Career</TD><TD>Sex</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>DOB</TD><TD>Age (wk)</TD><TD>Current Wt </TD></TR><TR><TD>Li May</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Keon</TD><TD>14-Jun</TD><TD>25</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MTDT</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Zavier Teo</TD><TD>15-Jun</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>7500 @ wk15 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fruitee</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Kayden Tan Yu Cong</TD><TD>27-Jun</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>6200 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zita27</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Vernice</TD><TD>29-Jun</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>4800 @ wk10 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joline</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Alfred Chng</TD><TD>1-Jul</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>5800 @ wk12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Millie</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Arianne</TD><TD>2-Jul</TD><TD>23</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>NOIF</TD><TD>Dover Crescent</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Bryan Koh Jun Jie</TD><TD>2-Jul</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>6700 @ wk12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poppy</TD><TD>Sing Joo Walk</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Kaedi Lim</TD><TD>3-Jul</TD><TD>23</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>missmoon</TD><TD>Simei</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ethan Seah Jung Kit</TD><TD>4-Jul</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>6830 @ wk12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kin</TD><TD>Upper Paya Lebar</TD><TD>WAHM</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Gladys Lim</TD><TD>5-Jul</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>4450 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lala</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Charisse</TD><TD>6-Jul</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>5000 @ wk7 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Liverpool11</TD><TD>Pasir Ris</TD><TD>FTWF</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Gerrard</TD><TD>6-Jul</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>5500 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>OC</TD><TD>Pasir Ris St 51</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Gillian Chan</TD><TD>6-Jul</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>5600 @ wk13 </TD></TR><TR><TD>YT</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Jayden Tang </TD><TD>6-Jul</TD><TD>22</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lollypop</TD><TD>Senja Rd</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Wallace Kung</TD><TD>7-Jul</TD><TD>22</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Japepearl</TD><TD>Serangoon North</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Garrick Tan</TD><TD>9-Jul</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>6300 @ wk13 </TD></TR><TR><TD>PM</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Emerson Tay</TD><TD>9-Jul</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>7200 @ wk12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>yenny_tay</TD><TD>Jln Besar</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Xavier</TD><TD>10-Jul</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>4800 @ wk4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jurong Gal</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Larissa Tan</TD><TD>11-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>5500 @ wk13 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hong</TD><TD>Cassia Crescent</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Julian Wong</TD><TD>12-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>6060 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>Pasir Ris</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Edward</TD><TD>13-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>4700 @ wk4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>RT Wife</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Dayton Toh</TD><TD>13-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>YB</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Kaylyn Yeong</TD><TD>13-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>5000 @ wk12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Alvina</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Kyra Lim</TD><TD>14-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>4300 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lok</TD><TD>Sin Ming Walk </TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>boy boy</TD><TD>14-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>5810 @ wk13 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jaslin</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ryan Lee</TD><TD>15-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>4700 @ wk6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michelle Liu</TD><TD>Serangoon North</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Xaria Soo Thoo</TD><TD>16-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>5300 @ wk12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Misaryeo</TD><TD>Tampines</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Elliot Chin</TD><TD>16-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>6000 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>SandyKerk</TD><TD>AMK Ave 10</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Benjamin Lee</TD><TD>17-Jul</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>4700 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gebbera</TD><TD>Aljunied</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Fionne</TD><TD>18-Jul</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>4000 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessings</TD><TD>Flora Road</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ryan Goh</TD><TD>19-Jul</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>7905 @ wk12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dsiitan</TD><TD>Pasir Ris St 72</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ian Tan</TD><TD>19-Jul</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>7250 @ wk7 </TD></TR><TR><TD>melody110</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ryan Tan</TD><TD>19-Jul</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>5500 @ wk6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Z-Lia</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Germayn Yeo</TD><TD>20-Jul</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>4550 @ wk6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jazzyjas</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Joelle</TD><TD>21-Jul</TD><TD>20</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joykel</TD><TD>Flora Road</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>24-Jul</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>7095 @ wk 11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jul</TD><TD>Simei</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Keagan Goh</TD><TD>24-Jul</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>7365 @ wk12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Red_Ridden</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Tyrone Lim</TD><TD>24-Jul</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>5000 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lucida</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Li Yujie</TD><TD>25-Jul</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>4400 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephanie Goh</TD><TD>Mcnair Rd</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Josiah Elisiah Anandha</TD><TD>27-Jul</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>4950 @ wk4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunshine</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ashton Chew</TD><TD>29-Jul</TD><TD>19</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eeyore_03</TD><TD>AMK Ave 9</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Charlene Soh</TD><TD>31-Jul</TD><TD>19</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daisyduck</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JM</TD><TD>Whampoa</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Ng Jaelyn </TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joan</TD><TD>Whampoa</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Julian Sng</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SleepyGarfield</TD><TD>Simei</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Phoebe Tay</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tan Fen Fen</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
 
question:

how to make formula milk?

i am usu enfalac. the tin instructions is 1 scoop with 30ml of water.

so it is:
a) 120ml water + 4 scoops = ard 140ml of FM?

or

b) 4 scoops + ard 100ml of water = 120ml of FM?

becos the powder also hv volume rite.
so which is the correct way. :p
 
MTDT,
i use method "A".

Btw, are u ordering anything from Old Navy?

Mummies,
i am sending my order to Old Navy tmr nite. So if u want pls send to me by noon cos i need to compile, incase i need to ask u qns i can still email u.

Another thing, as there may be tendency that old navy may reject my order cos of my credit card. if cant resolve then i will cancel the order. OK for everyone? That is also the reason that i dun want mummies to trf me the $$ now cos i will need to do refund later. too troublesome.


Thanks!
 
hello mums, im also pumping twice a day now, and latching Germayn the last feed at night and in the middle of the night when she wakes up. im so tired of pumping, but im enduring cos like lala, think ive quite a good supply. but now, ss seems to be decreasing and my twins are now 'eating' into the frozen milk. hope to tahan till germayn turns 1 yrs old... hope...

These few days, or mabbe few wks, she's been flipping while slpg. then she'll end up waking up and crying. then whole night i'll be flipping her back. super tired.

PM, don't be too demoralised.. u've done very well already. and i think u and baby E abit..xiang yi wei ming..so i dont think he'll wanna see u upset.. and it's not tt he doesnt want u la. oh.. but i think germayn doesnt quite want me already. haha. she's been reacting alot more to my MIL. she laughs alot when my MIL is playing with her.. but when i play with her, sometimes she'll just stare at me. quite saddening..but i expected tt la.. cos my MIL is now her primary caregiver. last time my twins were also like tt.. but when they are bigger things got better.. so i keep telling myself tt it's ok...
 
GATHERING AT PM'S LOVENEST (SENGKANG) ON 30 DEC
TIME : 1.30-2PM AS USUAL...

1) dsiitan
2) z-lia
3) lucida
4) YB (tentative)
5) Hong
6) yenny (not confirm but most likely)
7) kloe (tentative)
8) nite_gal (tentative)
9) kin (tentative)
 
MTDT,

Wah, nice pics of Baby Z. He can sit upright on his own already???? So clever leh....

BTW, Ryan has been "talking" alot these few days....Talking I mean like shouting and screaming all day long...do all yr bb also like that?
 
Hi mummies, ytd night i was just saying that ive been so tired cos germayn's been slpg and flipping over and crying..

and so..ytd, she didnt cry... but flipped..and...finally ended up on the floor. sigh...
 
sigh! i hate it when xavier goes for his jab. Yesterday went for his 4 mth jab. So cranky last nite, fuss for half an hr at 2.30am. Luckily slept thru until 7am after tat. But hor, he has not been drinking milk since 12am last nite. While I'm typing now, he still hasn't drank. Somemore got fever, subsided after taking paracetemol...
 
PM,
Don't think negatively pls. Not that baby doesn't want you, he def needs and wants you. You are his mummy. My girl will almost always cry everytime I give her my nipple but the moment I change to teat or pacifier, she will be quiet and suckle. In the past, I was affected too ... but think about it, they are just babies!! My girl is also closer to my parents instead of me. Grandparents just called her name and she will chuckle but I have to try all ways to make her simply smile.... PM, you are not alone okie ... cheer up. At times when we are too tired, will get depressed and think of those nonsensical things like suffocating babies, etc but deep inside our hearts, we know bcoz we love them too much.

PM/Kloe,
Don't be envious of me. Actually having a good supply is giving me dilemma. You see, I feel like weaning off but got good supply and only takes short time to express, all people will say must feed bm till 1 year, blah blah ... if I were to stop at 6months, will feel super guilty. HB has been very supportive but recently, he also asked to wean off at 6months saying that at least give her bm for 6months liao ... Think HB is very tired too. My girl doesn't latch thus is like doing double job, HB feeds, me pump.

I also agree we should give ourselves a pat ... have wanted to give up initially but didn't know can endure till now
happy.gif
 
blessings - ya, he can sit upright already. usu can tahan for 20-30mins before falling down. :p

zlia - aiyoh... then she ok now? sayang hor.
yenny - sayang xavier also. :p

actually how ur babies sleep at nite?
nowadays, i will put him sleep on tummy. then he dun really flip, the most only do pushup n cry liao! haha :p
 
blessings,
my Charisse is also "talking" whole day ... then when night comes, will get grouchy coz too energetic in the day liao. Try to give him water since he "talks" so much
happy.gif
 
blessings - my boy will "sing' every morning once he wakes up. he will "sing" in his cot bed. can last for 1hr sometimes!! :p
 
MTDT,

I use method A too... But to me... I think abit off nevermind la.. it's difficult to be so "exact".


Baby sleeping at night...
When I put her down, I always put her down on her back. She'll sleep on her side, no preference, but it's easier for me to pat her butt if she's facing to the side. I'm less worried about her choking if she pukes also. Ever since she learned to flip, she sometimes will flip then fall asleep on her tummy. Think she prefers that position sometimes but I'll let her flip by herself instead of flipping for her. Once I tried to help her flip to her tummy to fall asleep faster but she got even angrier at me. So learnt my lesson, just let her choose her own position.


PM...
Cheer up k... rest well n be a cheerful mummy to ur bb
happy.gif
U probably need a break? I find that when I go to work n come back to see bb.. feel more cheerful n more ready to handle her nonsense (even tho tired from work). But when I'm home the whole day taking care of her.. a little nonsense also I buay tahan. Too tired and sian already. Absence makes the heart grow fonder (in my case la)... So go get a breather!


My hubby has been home the past 2 days caring for the little girl with the maid. It's his turn to feel like an incapable daddy cos when the maid carry the bb calmed down. Somehow, I just feel like hugging him for even thinking that cos it shows that he has really tried and wants to be good at it. Juz take it that sometimes other pple have more experience.. and also cos of that, they're more relaxed at handling the bb...so bb also more relaxed with them.
 
Peachsobert,
how is ur ger. I rbr u told us abt ur ger problem. U went for more test? Ok now? Did u ask Dr Sim abt it? She ok with Dr Sim?
My nephew will smile at Dr Sim but he will bawl if other dr touch him. My sister said cham liao must stick to Dr Sim forever. hahaha..

I heard from the clinic assistant that some of the bigger kids already teenager still come to see Dr Sim cos they have being with him all the while.

There is a time my daughter got Herpes. I asked him if he can translate into Chinese cos i will like to let my MIL know wat is it in mandarin. He really took out one book that translate some medical term into chinese. He even wrote it down on a paper for us. We said his chinese handwriting is quite nice. Best part, he dun write like a doctor, at least we know wat he wrote on my kids medical records.

My ger like Dr Sim so much that she tells us she wanna be Dr Sim. We told her shld be Dr Wong. hahaha..

PM,
sorry wat happen to u. Busy didnt read very carefully. E dun want u? There is a stage the bb will be like that. Dun worry, he still loves u.
 
hong,

My hubby likes Dr Sim as well. Have a good feeling about him I guess. He noticed that Dr Sim had some printed articles in his office. Say that this doc must be trying to keep himself updated, which is pretty assuring.

Hai. Her original problem huh? Dr Sim noticed that she's a little different from other bb. I didn't want to discuss it at the first visit, but when we had to go there for another visit. He kept asking us if there's any problems at birth that other doctor's highlighted. So we told him that he guessed right lor.


Now I need to rant about how it sucks to be a subsidised patient @ kkh. I'm such a frustrated mummy. Don't need to read the next few paragraphs la. Just needed to vent it all out.

2 weeks ago had to go for an operation to check her ear canal. But looks like my girl has no choice but to wear a hearing aid. It's very frustrating this whole process because I keep reading up that babies with hearing loss need to have some form of therapy n wear hearing aid before 6 months old. But I think because I'm seeing KKH docs as a subsidised patient, they're very heck care about the whole thing.

I read up in US the bb at 3 months start wearing hearing aid n having speech therapy already so now she's like normal children can sing n talk. My bb is 4 months and still waiting for the stupid audiologist to CHECK THE PRICE of the hearing aid with the vendor. So darn slow n unprofessional. That was early wednesday afternoon. It's already Friday and they still haven't get back to me on the price. I don't know how long it takes them to check the price but I gonna give them until after lunch time to call me.

Last week I went there, it was some different registrar who saw us and told us that she could hear?! He was so confused and kept flipping thru her medical records not knowing what's going on. I told him he didn't know what the hell he was talkin about cos we have spent hundreds on her hearing test n operation n the prof had told us she needs to wear hearing aid already. WAH wasted me n my mum's time and leave and money to go there just to be told to make another appointment to see the usual doc. Am tempted to just ask them to upgrade us to paying class just so that they give us some priority.

And you know what? At the rate everything is happening, if I didn't push to have her hearing tests earlier and if I wasn't lucky enough to get her operation done the day after (the slot was available only in January actually but someone cancelled when I was just making the appointment) my girl could probably only get her hearing aid done in February!! Which is when she's already almost 7 months old!

End of rant. Grr.
 
Peachsobert,
so Dr Sim actually sense something not very right for u ger. Very gd that he is so observant.
Do u ask him for alternate opinion or other dr he can recommend u? He is from NUH, he advise me to go NUH when Julian got nymph node infection. ALthot he said i could still go KKH but we decided to listen to him and went NUH. The doctor there is very nice. Althot alot of housemen but there will be a sensor dr attached to one patient. NUH have a department specialise for children or they call paedetric specialist.

I heard u have to queue very very long for Speech theraphy in KKH. Even if u manage to attend one it will be like over a few months once and they expect parents to follow up at home. I have a collick who went cos her son have speech problem told me the session is pretty useless.

U may want to read up more and started ur own section and attend therapy session with ur ger and enhance ur skill.

However, beside this she is growing well right?
She can response well to all of u? I wonder if music (those with heavy beating with help her). U know music have beats, sometime we can also feel it not necessary to hear it.
 
peachsorbet,
is your baby wearing hearing aid already? Hope she is .... this kind of thing caanot wait. Can understand your frustration.
 
hong,

We didn't ask Dr Sim about alternatives cos we were already seeing the KKH doc.

WHAT? Queue very long for speech therapy at KKH? Okay. That's it liao. I sick n tired of queuing for something that should be done fast. I must discuss with my hubby to see other places already. Must seriously consider going private. This weekend there's a deaf-carnival. So hopefully can speak to some specialists who can advise me the best route liao.

Other than that, she's growing well. Must make her face u to play one. It's quite hard to make her smile n laugh. Don't know if it's because she can't hear or it's just her smile is super expensive. She's quite a frowny little baby. Comecome... see the blog I did for her: www.xanga.com/poopfactory


Lala,
Not yet
sad.gif
I really want her to wear the hearing aid soon. Ya... cannot wait. Especially since this is the time bb's develop their language skills.
 
MTDT, I also use Method A.

Mums, I think I'm ok already... Tell u all something, As usual la, I drama in front of Baby E.. sobbing in his chest and his rompers all drench with my tears, as I was doing this he was slapping my head with his two hands... NVM, suddenly he stopped and make "smack" sound like kissing like that.. and his head was on my head... and was smiling when I looked up at him. I didnt know what it means, but I jsut took it that he's consoleing me with that action. My spirits just went high again =) But he's still as nauughty as before lah.

Z-lia - Germayn got "ba lu ku" on her head? Emerson still cannot flip yet.. If he can i think he will have more ba lu kus
 


Kloe, just read the article. Useful. Think My baby is having a nursing strike too... maybe it coz of the milk flow as sugested by the article..
 

Back
Top