(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Lok,
Daktarin- the one i know is for athelete's foot. the brand could carry something for oral thrush, i am not sure. please see the label clearly before use!
 


Hi mummies,
I used Pure Glycerin bought from Chinese Medical Hall to clean my bb's tongue & mouth. Will dap a bit on damp hanki. Guess it tastes sweet so my gal always open her mouth wide wide for me to clean. Then I will clean again with just wet hanky. My gal's mouth & tongue very clean. No prob at all.
 
Hi YB,

Pure glycerin? Will the uncle in chinese medical shop know what I am talking about if I said in English? Any chinese name for it, just in case?
 
Lok..ya please make sure, it stated Daktarin (Oral Gel) in orange, only for treatment of thrush n nothing else...

Please b sure leh, if not the better buy from PD lah...

Blessing..i tink if u go chinese medical shop n tell them the medi for washing tongue n milk stained they will noe! My mum oso use that on us, pass down veri long liao...
 
Hi YB,

I bought from Drugstore bulk purchase destin creamy, when non offer is $14/- for 4oz, during promotion is around $10/ inclusive of shipping...

btw if u need i can let go to u a tube, i stock up too many liao : )
 
hi zita,

I also dunno whether I shld buy the glycerin or go to see a PD cos I cannot determine whether it is thrush or not...
 
Blessing...maybe u should buy the glycerin YB recomend to try, if still cannot clear then c PD loh...

Cause is sweet so baby mostly will open mouth for u to clean...: ) that time my gal reject daktarin oral gel, every time apply will vomit, so people reccomend to buy from medi hall, but by time i wan to buy she already recover liao by day 2...
 
zlia good...heheheso i add ur name ah

Gathering at yenny's place Sturdee Rd (opp Lavender Food Centre) Farrer Park MRT Station on 2 Oct ard 130pm or 2pm....

1) dsiitan
2) Mich
3) Lucida
4) JP
5) Orange Cloud
6) PM
7) eeyore
8) YB (no lunch)
9)Mich's gf
10)Lok (no lunch and will cfm later)
11)Misaryeo (will cfm later but mostly will be going)
12)MTDT (will cfm later)
13)Kin (cfm later but mostly going, no lunch)
14)Z-Lia
 
Hi dsii,

realy wish to join you gals but I cant...hopefully I can next time....perhaps next time in the east???
happy.gif
 
blessings
east ah??? hmm...ok ...will try to ask mummies stay in east to offer their lovenest then..hehhee...next time must join ah!!


so far from the list i dun hv YB and Zlia numbers.. can u pm me ur numbers??? so anything we can keep in touch???
 
lucida
i dun mind but will he feel bored since all of us are ladies and will be toking abt baby and women stuff.

z-lia
u've got mail.
 
Hello Dsii, just PM-ed you.

Hello Yenny, thanks thanks! Anyway, i'll only be staying till 4.30pm, cos my kids are returning from childcare at 5 plus, so gotta be home to help out.

See you all on Monday~! Haha
 
dp / zita,

dun worry, i will check properly. just that the cream is at home but i'm not, so cannot read the warnings.

blessing,
TMC teaches us to use sterile gauze (available at all pharmacies) to clean the tongue. my mil wants to use hanky to clean but i dun allow her, at least the sterile gauze is used and disposed (not reused).
 
hi lok,

sterile gauze? those used for bandages? how big is it? is it in ready-cut form or I have to cut myself in square pieces?

BTW, mummies, what is your feeding patterns of your babies right now? what is the time interval like during the daytime and nighttime?
 
Hi Yenny, Think he won't want to come also ;p

I wonder how you all manage to face your baby whole day. Without my husband, I'm on the verge now that I juz look at the baby and dun know what to do with him. At first I played with him, sing to him. Now I juz stare at him. I'm exhuasted. Confirm will not be a SAHM. How did those SAHM manage!!?? I think I will either go crazy or develop "zi bi zen".
 
Now he's crying for attention again. I juz feel like giving him my breast coz this will shut him down. What should I do leh?? What do you all do what your baby cry for attention.
 
Hi Blessings,
I used the glycerin twice a day. Once in the morn when I bathe my gal, and later in the evening when I wipe her clean.

I think u can try the glycerin 1st lor...cos it's cheaper than PD. If really no use, then c PD also no harm.
 
Hi Blessings,
Yes, I'll dap a little glycerin on a wet hankie, then wipe the tongue. Then will use clean the mouth & gums in 1 big circle.

Babies feeding Pattern:
My gal will sleep from 10.30pm to 10.45am. Then drink 5oz. After bath, will nap for about 3-4hrs, then wake up for milk (4oz) again. During the day, she can drink about 4 times before she goes to sleep at night.
 
YB havent received leh...aiyo this hotmail hor..very slow one..hehehe

lucida
me a SAHM..at times me very fustrated too...especially he cry for nothing...somemore me has a 5 yr old boy too..so will ki siao especially the korkor go n disturb the didi when didi sleeping or quietly lie on bed...when bb cries..i will normally ignore unless he hungry loh..if for attn only..will let him..but if too long and getting louder especially see the tears liao..will carry loh..and will tok to him..normally will pacify him abit loh...but most of the time wants him to koon..hahahaha...very bad hor..me home alone with 2 boys from 5 plus am till 8-9pm..cos hb only back ard that time...but he not much help though...and my dad dunno how to handle bb so no help from him too...but will soon get used to it lah...just elac and dun stress urself..hmm..me a bit zi bi zhen liao..hehehe...seldom go out of the hse ..one day 2 times...to send my elder to sch..then fetch him back...anything wanna buy will be these 2 timings..other than that...at home liao
 
YB...wah ur bb hor...sleep thru the night liao ah..and somemore for such a long hr..issit really true that gals are more easy to take care??? my boy still wants milk in the middle of the nite...which is driving me crazy loh...dunno when he will sleep thru...haiz
 
YB,

I was just wondering whether it is gd to introduce sweet things to bb now (wat if bb develop sweet tooth and always want sweet things, tooth decay etc). do u hv to use a lot? i was thinking maybe to use the glycerin to clean first and then just plain water once it's gone. do u think it will work?
 
blessings,

i usually buy those small ready cut square ones which can easily wrap around the finger. Yup, u can find them at the bandages section.
 
Hi mummies,

Can i join the discussion? My baby boy was delivered on 11 July. This forum has been a very useful source of information to me for the past month
happy.gif
 
Hi YB,

Wah, your gal can really sleep...my boy feeds like evry 3 hours during the daytime...and also got to feed him at most twice in the middle of the night...I am wondering when he will only feed once at night and sleep thru the night....
 
hunnypoo
welcome to this thread..hehehe...

blessings
yaloh...YB's ger really gd manz...YB oso gd life loh...aiyo..that ian when can sleep thru the nite..at times during daytime he can drink every 2 hrs leh...so sianz..after burping him put him to sleep..then wash bottles...then see the clock..alamak...abt to drink milk again..hahahaha...no rest manz
 
dsiitan
Am in the same boat as my boy wakes up for his night feeds at least twice on good days and on bad nights he can wake up every 1/2 hours!
I truly envy those mummies whose babies can sleep through...
 
aiyo, I'm so excited on monday's gathering...

zita, u have additional desitin to let go? i would like to stock up 1 oso...

Babies feeding Pattern:
My gal will sleeping pattern not very fix... but her feeding pattern quite fix already... during daytime her feed is every 3 hrs from either 7+ or 8+am, the nafter night feed either 9+ or 10+ she'll slp thru the nite till the next morning...
 
Hi dsiitan,
My gal used to wake up twice a night. But after moving her to my bed at night, she can sleep much longer. Guess cos she can smell us around & feel more secure. But I'll move her back to her nursery after tis week. Dun wanna her to over-depend on us. Have to start training her to sleep alone in the nursery.

My gal is not easy to take care. During the day, she'll always have nightmares & cry very jia lat. And her cries are really terrible!! So loud until my ears r ringing in pain.

Let me know if u've recieved my email.

Hi Lok,
Am not sure if plain water works as well as glycerin. I gave my gal water to drink too..so I dun think she'll develop a sweet tooth. Anyway, after using glycerin, have to use plain water to wipe off too.
 
Hi YB,

I bought the glycerin...how much to apply per session? I used the sterile gauze to clean..must I wet the gauze first? I realise it is not easy to clean the top part of the mouth...if clean too hard, afraid it will turn sore...btw, does glycerin has any side effects?

When I tried to clean with glycerin, my boy's face looks torturing...the same when I used cloth with water! aiyo!

Hi Lok,

When you clean with gauze, did you wet the gauze first with warm water?

Baby feeding patterns:
It seems like baby girls can sleep thru the night easier...they dun seem to feel hungry in the middle of the night...I read that boys' milk intake is actually much more than girls...probably that explains why lor...
 
Lucida, at the moment I am staying at home. I understand your frustration. Sometimes, I feel that way too. Recently, my bb has gotten more interactive. That helps a lot. These are the things I do:

1. I bring him walk around the house.
2. Sit him down on his rocker chair. Let him have some time to himself. He will play with the toys or talk to himself. That's only for a short while though.
3. Talk to him
4. Play him some music.
5. Carry him and dance to the music.
6. Read to him.
7. Push him around the house in the pram.

I think that's about it.

Mummies, any other suggestion?
 
hi missk,

hmm..push him around in the house in pram sounds good...my boy doesnt seem to like to sit in the pram...I once put him in there to go for a walk, he stiffen up and darenot move....a while later, he began to fret and cried....so I think I must train him to sit inside the pram....
 
Hi Blessing,
Yes, have to wet the gauze first when u apply the glycerin. Clean gently, else bb will develop a phobia. It'll take a couple of days till ur bb used to it & also to remove the milk stain completely.

My gal used to struggle when I cleaned her mouth. But after using a couple of days, she's used to the taste. Sometimes, after cleaning, she'll lick her mouth as though it's very delicious...haa..haa...

Hi Lucida, missk,
I'll also try to let my gal sleep cos tat's the only time I can eat & do my own things...otherwise, I can't even go toilet in peace. Will only play wif her when hubby is around at night. Mostly, I'll feed, clean then put her to sleep. Sometimes, I'll put her on my lap & watch TV together too.
 
Hi Blessing,
Ya, I'm also training my gal to sit in the pram. I'll push her around the hse in the pram, or prop her higher to watch tv. Now, I'm even thinking of training her to sit in the bb carseat. Else she'll always cry hysterically in the car seat.
 
Um, necessary to clean bb tongue arhz? Me till now neba clean lehz, 2 months plus liao... Use wat to clean huh? Cham arhz, dis mummy very d blur...

Feeding

My bb still feed every 3 to 4 hours lor, only nite slightly longer, about 5 hrs interval.

BB cry

When bb want attention, I will talk to her, if still cry, carry her walk around, den haha bring her to my kitchen red wall for therapy session, haha, no lar jus kiddin.
If she still cry den no choice liao, give pacifier den she keep quiet.

But now I can tell her cry whether its hungry, ask for attn, or want to sleep. Can differentiate liao...
 


Mich - With regards to bb's tongue, me also never clean. Just ensure that bb drink water after milk so that there's no stain. Must clean meh? As for feeding, my boy also feed every 3-4 hours and at nite, only once about 6 hours interval. Thought it was like a new schedule but...haiz.... Good leh, you can now distinguish the different cries!

dsii - Not to sure if everyone is agreeable but do you think its a good idea to e-mail all our info and contact no.? Of course we will only give the list to those who give us the required details. What say you?

YB - We managed to train our boy to sit in the pram so that we don't have to carry him when we go kai-kai. So far, we succeeded except that when the pram is stagnant, my boy will cry...haiz! So, how's the training so far?

missk - Another thing which my boy loves besides the list that you stated, sit him on my lap and watch TV or surf the internet. He loves it.

Blessings - With regards to the milk intake, not that true leh coz my boy is still drinking around 90-100ml per feed. I think some bbs are drinking more than my boy.

eeyore - Same here...so excited over the gathering...can't wait to meet you guys!!! OMG, your girl can sleep through the nite liao?!!! Can't wait for my boy to do so too...

hunnypoo - Hi there and welcome!!!

Yenny - Thanks for the e-mail!
 

Back
Top