Lucida,
My husband also always go on biz trips, twice a month that kind, plus at nights sometimes have to go out entertain clients. I kind of can understand how you feel. Take care of baby whole day, when he comes back at night then can relax a bit. But if he not at home, then very sien liao. How do you settle your dinner then? For me, if husband don't come back for dinner/abroad, I don't feel like going to my in laws. Very uneasy. But they will want to come over, because they are the kind that need to see their grandson everyday. I move to my mother's house when husband not in country. HAve to bring loads of things- steriliser, bottles, fm, daipers..... but alone 24hrs is very tiring for me. Since your mother is working, why don't you bring to your in laws? Are they like mine- always welcome baby with open arms?
My in laws... sometimes make me very fan2. When we go for dinner, both of them will compete to finish their dinner to carry the baby. When I bring baby over in the stroller, halfway on the road I will be "hijacked" by them. Yesterday we went to a party. My mil don't want to eat because she wants to carry the baby. Not that I don't let them play or carry the baby. We go there pretty often. Sigh.... I am going back to work soon. Baby will be there for long hours. They won't have to fight nor rush to carry the baby anymore.
I think it is better for me to go to work. Staying at home makes me talk about nothing but baby's poo, feed... I think my husband is sick of hearing all these. And also it makes me very possesive of baby, so I always complain about my in laws. My husband don't like it. I think all these makes the flame go out of our marriage.
Many people say the baby makes the bond between husband and wife stronger. i think I have to work hard at rekindling the passion in our relationship!!!