Hi Girls,
Me check-out today! Here's my short birth story...don't want to bored you guys to death.
2.30am - After a night out with my dh's friends (eat Thai buffet), felt the real contractions (about 5-6 mins apart). Waited since its wasn't that close.
4.30am - Bui tahan liao! When there was a show, dh insisted that I should go in. So, we checked-in and I was sent to the observation room. The thomson angels proceeded with the enema, signing of papers, etc, etc, etc.
4.40am - As I was 3cm dilated, I was sent to the delivery room. Here's where the long wait started. There was no sign the water bag bursting. However, the contractions progressed slowly but surely.
9.00am - My obgyn came and did another VE and I was 5cm dilated. However, my waterbag still holding strong. He decided to break my water bag and will check on me after lunch time. Here's where DH and I waited like ages for the contractions to multiple.
12.00pm - My obgyn came back and was pleased with the contractions. He also highlighted that its time for me to take my epidural if I still thinking of using it. I have never experienced such pain before in my life. However, after going through this, I really admire mothers who just go through the whole labour process without any help / medication.
12.10pm - Epidural doc came & proceed to epidural. After it was done, I was in seven heaven...no pain at all. The only side effect - shivering like an eskimo...hahaha!
3.00pm - The head nurse came and checked my VE. I was fully dilated. Two thomson angels and DH coached me to push. By the 3rd set of contractions, everyone could see baby Garrick's head. The head nurse called my obgyn. When my obgyn arrived, baby Garrick was ready to see the world. By another set of contractions, out came baby Garrick.
3.28pm - My obgyn welcome baby Garrick into this world.
DH and I thank the good Lord for protecting mommie and child during the delivery.
So, here's my delivery story....trying to make it short and sweet.
I will post Garrick's pix when I have more time.
Take care everyone!
CONGRATS to all new mommies!!!
WELCOME TO THIS BEAUTIFUL WORLD to all new babies!!!
HAVE A SHORT, EASY and SAFE DELIVERY to all MTBs!!!