(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

hi ladies

need advice. my bb girl hasn't poo-ed in more than 24hrs. she tbf and usually poos twice a day until yesterday tried feed of fm (nan ha) cos going back to work soon.

she is still drinking normally and pee alot but just no poo. is this normal? she seems ok but dunno if sometimes her cries is due to wind or bcos cannot poo. how long should i wait before i take her to the p.d? have stopped fm for now.
 


Hi Mummies,
Long time never login le! Very busy working....

Just wanna check somethings, remember someone said her confinement lady is good...who ah??

Can PM me her contact no. My gf looking for confinement lady lo!

Thanks ya!
 
halo mummies
wanna share something with u all...

remember ian has those rashes on his face..??? no doubt the cream get from PD is very efective..but after a while it will come back again...and hor his cheeks always got rashes...milk rash and hear rash...then i tried using Hazeline moisturising cream...the glass bottle with yellow plastic cap...very gd leh..hehehe...now hor..now rashes reduce in fact skin smooth smooth leh..me using that too..hahaha...so mummies who bb got rashes..can try using that cream..to me quite gd loh..hehehe...ian so young oso mei rong liao..hahaha
 
missmoon ya loh...hehhe....finally find a remedy liao..cos ian always has milk and heat rash leh...headache....these 2 days after applying the cream...effect quite gd!!!

516484.jpg
 
Hong
i dun think it's the hole leh cos once i put the teat in his mouth, he starts to fuss liao.

my mum told me she saw a one white spot at his gum where the tooth suppose to sprout out. she suspects it's ulcer tat's affecting his apetite but bb so young hav ulcer? my sis told me it's a pimple, no need to worry.

zita
my boy same scenario
 
my bb is "saliva rash".... he uses his saliva soaked mittens to clean his face...
will try dsii's mi fang out, hope it clears cos I have spent $200 over dollars to see 3 diff pd under pressure from parents from both sides... though all 3 pd say the same thing- to leave it alone... but they will not hear of it... keep saying there must be some cream that can be applied... this dr no exp, dunno anythg...faint....
 
oc, u might wanna try pacifier, i tried on my bb last night and it works, he can sleep better last night. although dun feel like giving him pacifier to suck, but see that he can't sleep well at bnight very like poor thing... he seems to find it very comforting...

dsiitan, ian really looks like u!
 
Hi NOIF,

My CL is not free in Decemeber....so sorry. She is only free from March 07 onwards.

Will like to ask mummies who is not on TBF, but supplementing FM...do you mix the EBM with FM or just give EBM first and not enough, then give another bottle of FM? What if one bottle of EBM is not enough, do you mix with another bottle to get the required ml?
 
dsiitan
Ya.. Ian look so much much like you.. Cant really tell the other day but seeing this pic... photocopy out one.. ahhaha.. So cute loh..
 
mummies
when u all start going for injection??? im choosing 5 in 1...but havent go for it leh....can i go when he is 2 mths??? or too late liao?
 
fruitee
hahhaa..thks leh!!!!

just now tok to hb abt the injection..he said go polyclinic...then not the 5 in 1 leh...is individual jab...everymonth go n jab one time...he said his colleagues said no need pay $$ and hor..cos 5 in 1 still in trial stages...haiz....
 
It's my turn now to say that my MS decrease. Think could be due to last few days went out and did not express milk until many hours later. Moreover, my diet has been not very nutritious - bo bian, noon time only eat instant noodle with abit of fish put in. Night time hubby ta bao from outside. haiz.. I think when I go back work definitely need formula already. Kind of mix feeling. On one hand I wan to stop BF, however, on hte other i want to continue but now supply not enough how to continue leh.. Any instant remedy??
 
dunno leh...
he just told me heis colleague told him no need pay $$...all his 3 kids went to jab at polyclinic...somemore got free medication...even if can pay by medisave..oso nevermind hehe...
 
lucida
ur instant noodle still got put fish ah...my instant noodle just the noodle..hehehe....ya loh..my left breat used to produce more milk...but these 2 days pain pain..then milk supply decrease till very miserable...then always engorged..but pump and pump no milk leh...then realised got red dots...then very painful....
 
Lucida
can understand how u feel.. me also no milk, pump until not enuff supply for my boy.. fed up.. so I stop completely.. fully on FM. But they say inorder to have enuff BM, must eat right & sleep enuff ley.
 
Hi ladies,

Finally had the time to log in and chat. Here's my two cents worth regarding breastfeeding - for me, i stopped after one month as my milk supply disppeared. I cried really badly as I could not provide the best nutrition for my daughter. I went to the lactation consultant at TMC but it came a bit too late the help..sigh. Anyway, for those of u who still have some milk supply, you may want to try the following:
1. Constantly massage your breasts many times a day (it works for me a few days after I delivered. It stimulate the glands.)
2. The lactation consultant says we have to take fluid every ONE hour! It can be soup or beverage but not plain water.
3. Take 15 mins rest before you BF or pump.
4. Take Fenugreek from GNC (It works for a few of my friends.)
5. Order green papaya fish soup from TMC cafetaria. The lactation consultant says the soup works for a no. of pple and you need to order a day in advance and self-collect.

Sadly, I tried the above a little too late and my supply just went off. Till now., I still feel very guilty and regretted not reading enuff about BF. For those of u who are still bf, hang in there and Gd luck!
 
I just went to buy Fenugreek supplement. Bought DHA (Nordic brand) also. haiz... wan to stop as very troublesome - cannot go out too long. But again, another part of me dun wan to stop coz I like the way baby latch on me.. so cute..

Yup yup. Going to ask my hubby to get the TMC soup on Monday - get 5 packs. Then afternoon can use that to make noodles and night time drink soup.
 
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Updated as of </TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>July mummies</TD><TD>Love Nest</TD><TD>Career</TD><TD>Sex</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>DOB</TD><TD>Age (wk)</TD><TD>Current Wt </TD></TR><TR><TD>Li May</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Keon</TD><TD>14-Jun</TD><TD>14</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MTDT</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>FTWM (11 Sep)</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Zavier Teo</TD><TD>15-Jun</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>7400 @ wk12 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fruitee</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Kayden Tan Yu Cong</TD><TD>27-Jun</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>6200 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zita27</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Vernice</TD><TD>29-Jun</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>4800 @ wk10 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joline</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Alfred Chng</TD><TD>1-Jul</TD><TD>11</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Millie</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Arianne</TD><TD>2-Jul</TD><TD>11</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>NOIF</TD><TD>Dover Crescent</TD><TD>FTWM (11 Sep)</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Bryan Koh Jun Jie</TD><TD>2-Jul</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>6010 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poppy</TD><TD>Sing Joo Walk</TD><TD>FTWM </TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Kaedi Lim</TD><TD>3-Jul</TD><TD>11</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>missmoon</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>FTWM (5 Sep)</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Li Yujie</TD><TD>4-Jul</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>4000 @ wk4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kin</TD><TD>Upper Paya Lebar</TD><TD>WAHM</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Gladys Lim</TD><TD>5-Jul</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>4450 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lala</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Charisse</TD><TD>6-Jul</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>5000 @ wk7 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Liverpool11</TD><TD>Pasir Ris</TD><TD>FTWF</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Gerrard</TD><TD>6-Jul</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>5500 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>OC</TD><TD>Pasir Ris St 51</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Gillian Chan</TD><TD>6-Jul</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>4600 @ wk9 </TD></TR><TR><TD>YT</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Jayden Tang </TD><TD>6-Jul</TD><TD>10</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lollypop</TD><TD>Senja Rd</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Wallace Kung</TD><TD>7-Jul</TD><TD>10</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Japepearl</TD><TD>Serangoon North</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Garrick Tan</TD><TD>9-Jul</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>5600 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>PM</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Emerson Tay</TD><TD>9-Jul</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>5000 @ wk6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>yenny_tay</TD><TD>Jln Besar</TD><TD>FTWM (11 Sep)</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Xavier</TD><TD>10-Jul</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>4800 @ wk4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jurong Gal</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Larissa Tan</TD><TD>11-Jul</TD><TD>10</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hong</TD><TD>Cassia Crescent</TD><TD>FTWM (4 Oct)</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Julian Wong</TD><TD>12-Jul</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>6060 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>Pasir Ris</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Edward</TD><TD>13-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>4700 @ wk4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>RT Wife</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Dayton Toh</TD><TD>13-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>YB</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Kaylyn Yeong</TD><TD>13-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>4000 @ wk6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Alvina</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Kyra Lim</TD><TD>14-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>4300 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lok</TD><TD>Sin Ming Walk </TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>boy boy</TD><TD>14-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jaslin</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ryan Lee</TD><TD>15-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>4700 @ wk6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michelle Liu</TD><TD>Serangoon North</TD><TD>FTWM (18 Oct)</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Xaria Soo Thoo</TD><TD>16-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>4200 @ wk6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Misaryeo</TD><TD>Tampines</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Elliot Chin</TD><TD>16-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>6000 @ wk8 </TD></TR><TR><TD>SandyKerk</TD><TD>AMK Ave 10</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Benjamin Lee</TD><TD>17-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>4700 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gebbera</TD><TD>Aljunied</TD><TD>FTWM (16 Oct)</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Fionne</TD><TD>18-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>4000 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessings</TD><TD>Flora Road</TD><TD>FTWM (11 Oct)</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ryan Goh</TD><TD>19-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>5200 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dsiitan</TD><TD>Pasir Ris St 72</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ian Tan</TD><TD>19-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>7250 @ wk7 </TD></TR><TR><TD>melody110</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ryan Tan</TD><TD>19-Jul</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>5500 @ wk6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Z-Lia</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD>FTWM (6 Nov)</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Germayn Yeo</TD><TD>20-Jul</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>4550 @ wk6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jazzyjas</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Joelle</TD><TD>21-Jul</TD><TD>8</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joykel</TD><TD>Flora Road</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>24-Jul</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>4700 @ wk 4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jul</TD><TD>Simei</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Keagan Goh</TD><TD>24-Jul</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>5365 @ wk6 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Red_Ridden</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Tyrone Lim</TD><TD>24-Jul</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>5000 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lucida</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Li Yujie</TD><TD>25-Jul</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>4400 @ wk5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephanie Goh</TD><TD>Mcnair Rd</TD><TD>FTWM (16 Oct)</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Josiah Elisiah Anandha</TD><TD>27-Jul</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>4950 @ wk4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunshine</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Ashton Chew</TD><TD>29-Jul</TD><TD>7</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eeyore_03</TD><TD>AMK Ave 9</TD><TD>FTWM (17 Oct)</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Charlene Soh</TD><TD>31-Jul</TD><TD>7</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daisyduck</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JM</TD><TD>Whampoa</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Ng Jaelyn </TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joan</TD><TD>Whampoa</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Julian Sng</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SleepyGarfield</TD><TD>Simei</TD><TD></TD><TD>F</TD><TD>Phoebe Tay</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tan Fen Fen</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD></TD><TD>M</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>#VALUE!</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
 
Lucida, i have the same thots as u!!! dunno to stop or not? i am hanging in there now, pumping in the toilet during lunch time at work. very tough as i need to pump when the toilet is not crowded. have to catch the timing well. got to bring all the barang to work n got to rush home to store the milk., got to eat in during lunch time cos only left half hr after pumping milk. very tired really. n becos i only pump 3X a day, i try to empty the breast which requires abt 45 mins to an hr to pump at home. on top of pumping, i still hav hsework to do.. haiz.. everyday not enuf sleep. not to mention abt social life, where got time! everyday is just work, pump milk, eat n sleep... haiz

i also love how my bb latch on.. will definately miss it when i stop BF, so that's why now i trying to endure at least till 6mths. initially only wanted to BF 3mths, but after realising i hav the supply its really a pity to stop..
 
Hi misaryeo, Same here. Tot I wanted to do for only 3mths. I see supply how.. think most probably start mix with formulae by oct if supply still not up. Going back work on 16Oct.
 
Any of you intending to give Rotavirus vacination to your baby? I have given pneumococal but not sure if Rotavirus is necessary.
 
Do u all still give ur baby size 1 teat or already upgrade the teat to more faster flow one?
Will it affected when latched on?
 
I had given my boy Rotavirus. For Pneumococal, i intend to give him after 6mths. can save on one jab mah. :p

shining - i also wondering when to upgrade his teat. NUK teats states for 0-6mths leh. but sometimes i see him like suck until v xin ku. :p
 
MTDT, Shining
I find NUK really knows how to earm parents $$ and their teat is so complicated.

They have 0-6month (small, medium, large hole)
then 6-12 month... like no ending.
Unless other brand, just small, medium and large.

Bo bian got to buy NUK cos my boy only take that teat. I wanted to switch him back to pigeon but he has difficult drink milk with other teats.
 
Hi All mummies... How have u been?

I've been very very busy with breast feeding and also a lot of things happened at home..

Any way, just wanna check if anyone wants to buy Fenugreek cause I'm organising a BP to buy from drugstore as my supply is going to finish..

Check it out at BP threads..

Thanks
 
shining, i already changed the teat cos avent ones are no1 for 1mth, no2- 2mths, my bb already 9 weeks so i change. he seems alright wif the change.
 
dsii,
what I understand from the Polyclinic is that if take the MOE prescribed 4-in-1, then no need to pay $. However, if want to take 5-in-1, have to pay. Package is $320. The cost is actually for the additional jab.

Regarding milk supply - The past week, I changed to expressing milk using Avent Manual Pump, then realised MS dropped real quick, from the usual 300ml to 150ml!! Switch back using Medela PIS, MS comes back again ... don't understand why.

Hong,
My girl is also using NUK teat (the silicon ones) - 0 to 6 months (small), she sucks until like very pek chek liao. Your boy using the medium size one ??
 


Hi Stephanie,

How is your MS after taking the feenugreek? I have a bottle but di dnot really take regularly....

Hi lala,

Does that mean that Medela is better than Avent? I have an Avent electric pump but I find that even when I am engorged, it cannot fully extract all the BM out...I have to get my boy to latch on and it really helps...now I wonder if I shld get Medela...

Hi Mummies,

Anyone using Avent bottles? When is the time to change the teats? I am still using No. 1 which is for newborn and I find it is still ok for my baby who is 2 months old.
 

Back
Top