(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

hi whitelady,
try using hazeline snow moisturising cream,it's works on my bb.I apply it on my bb's face n the rashes r gone.I only apply for 2 days after he ve his shower in the morning.
 


Whitelady, u shld try hazeline. My sister did that n the rashes gone.
May be ur bb protesting for bring him to the noise place? Dun worry he will adjust back.

Kin,
yes my girl is super whiny but understandable cos there is someone to complete the attention from u. Initally my girl is very whiny, now still ok but i have no patience sometime to explain to her.

What ur girl whine abt?
 
Hi dsiitan,
my bb is oso having blocked nose,cant sleep well n keep on choking while drinking milk.take him to c chinese sinshe...dun know got cough or not cos like ian didnt make the cough sound when he was at the clinic.the sinshe said my bb is 2 young for med therefore only gave some pkts of herbs/med to put it on his belly button...external.He is much more better after the sinshe gave my bb whole body massage.
 
joykel
wah..body massage?? really works ah?? where ah???
the PD gave cough syrup for ian...last nite gave him ard 10 plus 11 when he woke up for milk...i think due to the medication...the next time i woke up when he made noise was 6am this morning...i oso slept till 6am..no wake up...gd loh..but only becos of the medi only..haiz...still hope he can sleep thru ..hehehe
 
Whitelady,
yah that is the one.

Dsii,
Ian sleep thru after taking medi. So gd, then u can rest lor
 
dsiitan
the clinic is at changi rd opposite kembangan mrt station,near to hotel 81.it specialize for kids..acupuncture n child massage.after seeing the sinshe then proceed to massage follow by collecting med.
YU GUO
398 CHANGI RD CASTLE COURT.
TEL:64474761.
Walk in only..got to wait long long..coz many ppl.
whitelady,
yes the glass bottle with yellow cap.
 
poppy - My boy is about 1 mth 4 wks old. We wanted to give him some tummy time but my boy had other plans I guess...lol, therefore, he turned himself.

Lucinda - Yup, I do feed my boy with gripe water when required. I agak-agak one...30ml of water with about 1/2 tsp...must not be too sweet, ya! I feed my boy with a bottle.

dsii - How is Ian now?

zita - Yup, bbs' do have cross eye but according to my Pedi, it will correct itself by the 3rd month onwards. With regards to the hair thingy, its like that. But don't worry coz it will grow itself out evenly.

mtdt - Pls update..thank you very much!
happy.gif

Weight at wk8: 5.6kg
 
hi mummies, i ralised a method to reduce rashes, that is to put a nappy liner on top of the diaper, it helps for my gal, even for the existing rashes heals well too... can try...
 
Hong,
she whine abt everything.. i must bathe for her, make the milk for her,bring her to the toiletwith her. She even ask me to stop working today and her favourite phrase : "i want mummy!!1" Really cannot stand it sometimes. Like you say, i also got no patience....
 
Hi Missmoon, My baby reject water also but how did you manage to feed him later?? I tried carry, walk around, give pacifer but he still cry and cry until I give in and feed him.

These two days my baby wants milk like within 1hr plus - is it due to growth spurt?? he's like very hungry even his feeding was just an hour or so ago.. Is it normal?? Now he's 6th week old. Should I restrain and not give in to him??
 
Hi Lucida,
My Boy is also like that sometimes. I try to feed him some water and it can only last him abt 15min to 1/2hr. After that he will cry and no choice I have to feed him.

Could it be the amount of milk you give is not enough for him already?
 
Lucida, i read from August thread that baby will experience growth spurt at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months. So it could be growth spurt.

Just went to gynae to do pap smear today.. Another 6.5kg to pre preg weight.. seems so far away...
 
Hi melody, he seems to be satisfied with the amount of milk I give him leh.. maybe I try water next time.

Hi Z-Lia, I also have another 6kg to go. Want to go on diet also cannot since I'm breastfeeding..
 
hi lucida, melody
when he reject, i just leave him be, give him pacifier then take it out. wait until he cry again (think maybe feeling more hungry) then i feed him again. but so far, i do add a little bit of glucolin inside. ya, my bb also want milk like every 1.5 -2 hrs interval so i've increased his milk liao.

my fren just now told me to listen to bb's needs, just feed bb. so far i've been controlling his feeds. this evening gave him 180ml and he's still sleeping! so far so good.
 
Jp
same same loh...hope his block nose will soon be unblock..hahaha...cos hear liao like very xin ku leh....as for the cough...dare not give him too often..cos even PD cant confirm issit cough...so just gave 1 time last nite...think when hear him cough again then will give him loh...
 
whitelady: the same thing happens to me when i bring my bb out. Probably over stimulateD? A break from the routine?
 
Hi all, have been following the thread but never really posted anything..
My house now virus filled.. Both older kids taking med, Girl girl even having fever on and off since Sunday, doc say if tomorrow still have any fever, must go back take antibiotics already.. sigh

Lucida, Me also bleeding on and off... Mine 5 weeks liao... previously got stop for 1 day then come back, the last time stopped for 4 days... then now back with fresh red blood.. wondering if its menses but I breastfeed leh..

My baby now have been sleeping through the night for the past straight 5 days liao I think... Still cluster feeds in the evening, drink around 30+ml of milk in the last 2 hours at night then can sleep till 6-7am in he morning.. very lucky me cause his Jie Jie has been crying in the middle of the night and cause she's sick, she is very cranky and vomits in wee hours in the morning... then have to bath her like 4-5 am in the morning.. Am still having sleepless nights...
sad.gif
 
Stephanie, it must have been hard on u...

dsii, hmmm... fenugreek? or those nursing teas? could it be blocked ducts? or some change in diet? mabbe pump more frequently? after awhile ms should increase again. or hmm..are u stressed? hehe. sigh. think im abit...not really sure wat im talking abt now. tired...
 
z-lia
u so funny..u pumping milk ah??? thats y blurz blurz...nevermind...maybe blocked ducts leh..cos my left breast usually alot of ducts one...hehe..but now hor pump liao like only a few can shoot out milk...
 
eeyore
i still hv 8-10kg too
sad.gif
m going back to yoga as soon as gynae says ok. think hv to try the massage way liao, to lose all that weight. nurse told me takes up to a year to lose since i no longer bf
sad.gif


yenny
i haven't had my menses yet. how long does it take to come huh?
 
missmoon
mine came two days ago. This is my second month after delivery. I no longer bfing. But 1st menses a lot leh, compared to my pre pregnancy menses and i experienced cramps last nite.

I starting work next week, so these few days been busy doing cleaning up like hair rebonding and coloring, and oso buying new clothes. cannot fit into my old clothes at all. got abt 5-6kg to lose. Gonna start my dieting and workout next week too. Aiming to go gym everyday for an hour. Gave myself one month, very ambitious hor, but now couldn't bear to see myself in the mirror wif all those blobs of fat jiggling abt. Sigh...Luckily this is the last time i going thru this, close factory liao. Very sian, got to put in lots of effort to slim down.
 
hi yenny
i also stopped bfiing already but still no sign of menses. this is my 9th wk liao. i heard that the first couple menses after birth will be heavier for some reason?

can understand, i still wearing maternity jeans and work clothes. very depressing to see. some more after taking meds to stop bf, breasts like shrink a bit. me starting to diet liao but so far like not dropping in weight also. heh, ya, must beautify before going back to work. that's wat i did before returning to work, at least can look presentable and not so auntified.
 
hi, my menses came last wk at wk 8.I am TBF. for my older girl, I bf for 24mths. My menses came only after that. So extreme...How I know that it is menses is becoz fresh blood and becoz I got menstrual cramp.
 
HELP!!
My 7wks plus bb don't sleep well either day or night. she'll startled and wake up and cry if she slept for 1 hr. This have been carry on for 2-3 days liao. can anyone help?
 
shining
my bb also startled very easily when he was 6-7 wks old. my massage lady taught me to put him to sleep on his tummy and he slept much better in that position. but then must always keep an eye on him. bbs startle very easily during their 5-8 wks, PD said. it will slowly ease away. my bb now 9 wks+, he doesn't startle so much now. hope this helps in a small way
 
Shining,
I agree to missmoon method cos i think that is one of the best solution to it. Many mummies worry abt SID but if u keep watch out for u bb the chances of SID is quite slim.

Missmoon,
My mense is not here yet too. I stop during Julian full month celebration. 1st mense after delivery is very heavy so be prepared.

Kin,
i was telling another mummies from the other thread that i just scolded my girl yesterday. She went overboard but i have no choice to scold her. She wanna take the front seat of the car but i dun allow, fuss none stop and i drag her out of the car and asked her to stop before she can get it again else we will leave without her.
My MIL was ard, stime i just needed to do something very drama to "warn" my MIL not to interfer when i am disciplining my girl.

BTW, did u hear of this before. A frd of mine even told me this. A chinese sinseh said if a bfing mother have mense that mean the BM there is lose of nutrient in the BM.

Yenny,
me too. I have alot of KG to get rid of. Thinking to join a gym after i am back to work so i can dropby the gym to work out during lunch time.
 
eeyore, my gynae gave me meds to stop ley. before that, i pumped longer hours and shorter tiime, supply naturally dropped.

hong, really ah? aiyoh, dun look forward to it!
 
eeyore
reduce ur pumping or latching everyday bit by bit. Eventually it will stop. I dun even need to take medication.

missmoon
really, 1st menses really a lot. I oso stop bf when my son is full month old. I had my 1st menses abt 1 month later.

hong,
maybe ur gal is trying to get ur attention. try to assure her tat u loves her just as much as her didi. Oso try not to neglect her. As for my weight, I can imagine all my colleagues commenting on my fatness next week when i start work.

hey mummies who 'close factory' liao, wat kind of contraceptive r u planning to use? I am considering IUD, anyone oso planning to use?
 
yenny,
i am closing n will use condomn. IUD need to go thru procedure? how much?

my gal ah, she misbehave when my mil ard or my boy not ard. doesnt look like seeking attention.

i am alredi fat so not much diff.
 
Hi mommies,

I've extra 4 tins Brand new 900g infant similac formula, expiry feb 08. Selling $27 per tin. If buy all 4 tins, will sell at $26, plus a $2 S size mamypoko voucher, expire in 31/12/06. Interested, pls PM me. Collection point: Toa Payoh Central
 
Gebbera, reply u liao! I tink yr gal cant fit liao lah...My gal cant fit when she is 55cm tall, width not a problem. at wk10 she cant wear liao...leg cannot straighten.
 
Hi mummies,

Steph and Lucida, I experienced the same thing as you both. Had fresh blood discharge last week @ 6 weeks, but I also on TBF. Is it menses? Anyway it ended already just in time for my pap smear today. Alamak...forgot to ask the gynae abt it. Blurzz....

My baby has also been waking up for night feeds every 2 hrs the past few days...super siong. Steph, how did yours to start sleeping through the night?

missmoon, I also came down with mastitis 2 weeks ago. Gynae gave me antibiotics and I can continue BFing. How come you needed to stop completely?

Shining,
We also have same problem with my baby and we went back to swaddling him. Helps a lot and he is calmer too.
 
Hi Kin and Hong,

My older child (2.5yr old boy) also super 'sticky' to me! I had a hard time handling him and my bb girl at the same time. Worse is he's always sick (coughing). It's so difficult to cope wif 2, and need to express milk. My mil is helping me but still cant really get her to do much really... my freezer is full of EBM now and she is suggesting to give to my son (cos he's always sick... thot can help him build his immunity) what do u think? Shld i or not? He was given BM till 4mths when he's a bb.

Hong,

the website on bb's clothes... is it good? The company is in China one right? How long does it take to send over?

Kin,

Reeally admired your determination... can bf for so long... me just trying to hang on... it's so tiring...

Lucida, didnt know u r a teacher too. Me too! I took unpaid leave till year end... will be gog back sch only next year. Hoping to bf my bb till at least 6 mths. I think we have lots in common. Anyway, I was told not to give bb water if u r giving BM.
 
Hi Alvina,
Will bb reject water later if you dun introduce them water now? I hv a friend whose bb dun really like to drink water cos she dun feed her bb water when she BF her. Maybe just a little bit of water to let them get used to it.
 
Alvina,
Yah it is tough especially when the 1st one is ard the Terrible 2 age. Yes is from China but my frd told me the material is gd and pretty cheap too. They deal in USD.
I have ordered and according to the organier, the items is here and she is sorting them out.
I give u my feedback once i got the items ok.

I think is ok to give ur son ur BM. Give it a try, since u have so many to spare.
 
hi jul04
i was expressing and throwing away BM when i had mastitis. gynae told me best to stop cos it will come back, so i stopped
sad.gif
milk supply was also dropping at that point, so i decided to stop. some more on antibiotics, no good right, for bb?
 
Hi melody,

I didnt give my boy water when i bf him when he was bb. He turned out ok wif water too, now he drinks only water, nothing else. Lots of water in fact. He doesnt want glucose or honey even, just plain water.

Hong, do u have to be member to order? the winter clothes looks good cos i'll be gog to Australia soon.

How old is your older child?
 
Alvina,
I join the spree, i didnt order directly.
My girl is 2y and 8 month now.

We are not suppose to give honey to NB now. If i am not wrong, honey can only be given after 1yo.
 


hong,

How to join the spree... what's the diff? You email them is it?

my boy is almost the same age as yours. He just turn 2yr 6mths this sept. how do you cope? Anyone to help u?

Ya, these bac in honey not good for bb... sorry, i mean now my boy doesnt take any fluid other than plain water...
 

Back
Top