(2006/06) June 2006 MTB


sharing a receipe from July mum (YB) - I understand she use Quaker's Oat

Hi Mummies,
Sharing some recipes from the book I bought. Meant for 1-2yr olds.

Minced Meat Oatmeal
Ingredients
38g minced beef (can change to other meat)
1/4 cup pumpkin flesh
3 tbsps oats

Method
Rinse pumpkin. Dice & steam for 10mins.
Bring 1 cup of water to boil.
Add pumpkin & oats. Bring to boil.
Pour in minced beef. Cook for awhile till done. Serve.
 
<font face="tahoma"> oki,
Wes is also seeing Dr Koh since baby. He had jaundice on Day 4 then I "cheong" to SBCC since it's nearest and happened that Dr Koh attended to us.

Found that he's alright hence stick with him since then. Wes going to "see" him again this Sat for his 2nd dose of Prenvar jab</font>
 
<font face="tahoma"> going off now... talk to you gals tmr!
happy.gif
</font>
 
spicegal - huh, i never tried the above receipe (as I seldom cook for my boy lah)

but if use pumpkin, shd be sweet bah.. :p
 
mtdt,
HOw to prepare the black beans?
A loves my mum's "cha ba lang" beans soup a lot...
You have found a very good nanny for Zav... Your nanny is super productive.

A used to sleep at 2am when he's very young. Then slowly 11pm, 10pm, 9pm, 8pm.. and now finally 9-10pm...


Paula,
Not my house.. It's sunflower's house...

Where is your announcement?
 
Harlow mummies,

I went to Chinese Garden last Sat. It was VERY crowded. Dun think I really enjoyed much there because my boy kept wanting to walk and I stopped from doing so because it really too crowded and he ended screaming and crying...

We wasted ard 1hr + queuing for parking lot. Suggest that you all park at block 331-333 cluster which is maybe 2 busstop before the entrance to the loop/circle to the car park. Once you enter the loop, you'll be stucked there...anyway have fun! Happy Moon Cake Festival!!
 
Mspiggy,
I see... C will be seeing him early next mth for her MMR jab. Previously C admitted to MtA for UTI also seeing him. So far almost all the jabs for C are administered by him
happy.gif
I alway go 7 early 8 morning to see him. ie. 830am appt.
 
Re:CG
I went there last Friday, not that crowded. But realised it wasnt as fantastic as the past years which I went. C did enjoyed herself, swinging her lantern while walking
happy.gif
 
<font color="0000ff"><font face="century"><font size="+1">BAD NEWS</font></font></font>
<font color="0077aa"><font face="century">office blocked access to SMH...so i can't access forum fr work. Can only check forum at nite..sob sob</font></font>
984743.gif


<font color="0000ff"><font face="century"><font size="+1">sunflwr</font></font></font>
<font color="0077aa"><font face="century">no worries..i can chit chat with your MIL. Josh is ok. After hb came to fetch us, went chomp chomp for dinner, saw Lyn there. Josh K.O. immediately after dinner.

Re: Chinese Gdn. See photos on my blog. Haha..think J dunno how to appreciate yet..a bit tired oso. All the pics sian sian look. Tics veri ex..adult at $12 & child at $8, FOC for below 3yr old. Fixed price. Oh carpark another $3</font></font>

<font color="0000ff"><font face="century"><font size="+1">Lyn</font></font></font>
<font color="0077aa"><font face="century">ya..u looked tired when i saw u at chomp chomp...i was at the satay bee hoon stall ordering, i waved to u but think u were deep in ur thots, nvr see me...haha. A oso fast asleep..think all the kids were tired.</font></font>

<font color="0000ff"><font face="century"><font size="+1">mspiggy</font></font></font>
<font color="0077aa"><font face="century">Re: Millet. Can just cook them together with porridge/brown rice. http://www.aaoobfoods.com/graininfo.htm#millet</font></font>

<font color="0000ff"><font face="century"><font size="+1">oki</font></font></font>
<font color="0077aa"><font face="century">i was at Chinese Gdn on Fri too!</font></font>
 
sunflwr,
ya lor...SUPER sian leh..can oni read out-dated posts & may not log in daily cos tired, hb complain, J disturbing..wanna surf web oso, etc...SIAN x infinity
 
have not started. actually only collected from toto on that sat. haha... think may not give daily... thinking give 2-3 times a week. cos now he's taking vit-C daily.

how about you? are you going to give daily?
 
J oso taking vit-C daily. Haven't & dunno how to start Sambocol. Think will not give daily...give only if i think/sense that he is not well? hahaa..dunno can or not hor

btw..thanks for the pics
do u hv rodeo's email addy? i hv some photo of ER.
 
re: cc

yesterday was S's first day in lorna whiston preschool. He is in playgroup this year. He is already one of the older kids there... its child care setting. The teachers were good, patient and the teacher to student ratio was 2:12

but maybe its becos its just first day and then we are in the playgroup, I felt the content is not there leh. Din learn much yesterday. Just teacher read english book and chinese teacher read chinese story in story telling. Then music and movement and pretend play. That's all. Alot of time spent on eating, cleaning the kids after that, wearing shoes and taking off cos the music room is in another house. Today one of the parents volunteered to teach the kids mooncake making.

I am still apprehensive abt them cos I still need to assess them against chiltern house and also the PCF, SFA that I also enrolled in plus zoo phonics. KS rite. CH has a slightly better attraction in that the songs they sing will be the same as his JG playclub so that will be a more comforting point for him.

I am looking for rich content cos I really want S to be more grounded in his phonics and academics leh. I think I better speak to his teachers by end of this week to find out if it will be the same thing in N1 next year else my heart is more tendency towards not continuing for now

anyway I got a dillemma now, cos I dunno whether I should start leaving him in the CC alone since I myself is still half hearted abt the CC's syllabus. sigh... yesterday, he keep looking back to make sure I am around and during music time he keeps wanting to sit on my lap only.
 
Laoren mai
There is a nice brand that we tried..Aussie one...cant remember now. Quite good and it is rolled oats. Just cook for about 10 mins and leave the lid on for about 15 mins. Add fruits etc and it is yummy. Quaker oat is a bit more processed so maybe less nutrients. Let me recall the brand and post again.

Millet
I dont like the taste but suppose to be good. Personally I prefer Quinoa..taste similar to normal rice and easier to cook. It is suppose to be the grain with highest protein contain.

Panda,
Thanks for the pics! So office block internet access all together? hm...

Paula,
What announcement?? Sunflower got my nosy noise up..hehe
happy.gif
 
rabbitkid
hee hee.. i was also there at Chinese Garden on Sat.. yeah parking is quite bad, got to wait for awhile.. found the plc quite small, walk abit finish liao.. dun noe whether last time it's cos it's pak tok time, so the last time i went with my bf now hb, we walked for so long.. but with ethan walked an hr finished liao.. haha..

Paula,
what announcement??? Every1 is curious.. is it p...? haha..

Tinkle
congras to ur 3rd kid.. wow.. pei fu pei fu..
 
panda,
Yalor... that day I was tired. Last Friday nite, my hubby worked till 2am then come home. So in the morning, I took care of A and let my hubby sleep. Then he woke at lunch time to take over while I nap a while before going out.


poohy,
hmm... Maybe give LW a little bit more time to see if there's improvement? I also will want more academic content when A goes to pre-school. Wearing and taking off shoes is also another development area actually
happy.gif



Wen,
Is it Lowan brand? I am using Lowan rolled oats
happy.gif
NOwadays, I add black sesame seeds plus almond plus walnut. It will be something like blended muesli. I have a recipe book that has a muesli recipe. It's like adding other kind of food into oatmeal
happy.gif
Most recipes will add dessicated coconut, but I think that's too processed, so not comfy to feed A with that.


Paula,
Where is your announcement?
 
<font face="tahoma"> Good morning ladies
happy.gif


re : feeding
currently am giving Heniz Museli and Apple cereal but going to change as it's indicated till 15 mth only. thinking of giving rolled oats but not sure what to add in to make it tasty else it's rather blend for his liking.

any suggestions?

Lyn,
you added black sesame, almond & walnut into the oatmeal. is it tasty or still quite blend?</font>
 
Cutie, Rodeo,
Aiyoh, we will be there at 10.00am. Changi Beach Club is at Andover Road. Check out http://www.changibc.org.sg/.

Come lei come lei. It will be so fun! If I am free on Friday, I will make a poster saying Celebrating our second Children Day and the kids could have a group photo.

Rodeo,
Where you stay?

Sunflower,
Keep on drumming!
 
Re. feeding
Kell is on Healthy Times cereal. I feed her with different favors on alternate days. It could be Mixed Grain on Monday, Oatmeal on Tuesday, Barley on Thursday and Brown Rice on Friday. Quite good cos it is fortified with iron.
 
Cutie,
Can, I can sign you in. Not a problem. Can let your gal gal ponteng class a little? Hahahah.

We should be there till about 12 or 1-ish. Think we will go home after lunch. Or, you all can drop by my house after that.
 
Good morning!

panda: I received the photos. Thanks!

paula: I stay Tampines. Need to 'book' car from my hubby 1st but generally shld be fine cos he'd still be zzzz. Ask stupid question ah, so what's our kid's attire? Is it a swim at the pool or on the beach? ER only has thermal swimsuit.... tot it's quite wierd & hot for beach loh. Will there be shade? cos can be very hot. Don't want to chau ta.
 
Rodeo,
Let ur child wear swimming pants and let him wear a t-shirt when we are at beach? At pool, we can change them into swimming attire. Bring sun block hor!
 
Paula,

Wa..very good schedule for food. looking at it, i am really a lazy mum. I seldom cook for Zach and he will just eat whatever available.
Terrible mummy rite...
 
paula,

hand pain liao, threw the drums away lo!
wahaha...


poohy,

maybe give them more time...


re: oats brekki

can add fruits to it too.
 
paula: Sounds good...ok, will do that. See you at 10am err, club receiption?? I will be there till abt 12noon, then head home for lunch. Btw, I'd be bringing my maid along.
 
Cutie,
The cereal is quite easy cos it is instant cereal mah. Just mixed with water or milk can liao. Alternatively for breakfast, can served wholemeal bread cut into cut bite sizes and have it buttered up with applesauce, strawberry sauce or mango sauce.
 
Hi Everyone

I bet the gathering on Sat is fun. Hope there are more next round. I wan to see pictures... Any link to see?

Some update: Mandy took her MMR last sat. Didnt even cry at all. We are waiting for her wail but she suprised us.haha... PD say the normal jabs dun hurt as they are injected thru skin while the prenavar jabs are into their muscle and that is more painful. No wonder the 1st prenavar jab, she screamed and cried.

Her wt is 9.8kg and is 76cm tall.
happy.gif


Paula
I forget to get you the white flat noodle that i hv told you before during GUG. The chinese name is called Duo Qian or Soya noodle. I think we are able to give our toddlers rite. Mandy has eaten them.. she likes it.

Btw, what annoucement you wan to make???
 
<font face="tahoma">Dor,
yeah Prevnar jabs are more painful... our poor babies. Wes going for his this sat </font>
 
Dor
My gal also took her MMR last sat...but she cried..this was the first time. She was actually staring at the nurse poking the needle into her arm...all was well, until suddenly, she just screamed and cried....even ignored and pushed whatever toys the nurse passed to her later on... she's 10.4 kg at 15mth....

Paula
Ya lor, i have been refreshing the screen since yesterday afternoon to see what news u have for us leh
 
Haha, you all very cute lei. Want to know the announcement, come to Changi Beach Club okay? Muacks. Hahaha. Further suspense ... can throw eggs at me liao. hahahah.
 


stephanie

Mandy's PD pinched her arm and inject. I think the pressure is there, so she cant feel the pain. Those normal jabs she had previously, she didnt cry too.. except the prevnar one.

She was also looking at her arm while the needle was poked in.

Paula
Wat are you up to this time?? hehehe.. U better bring extra clothes, later they really bring eggs on Sat. hohoho
 

Back
Top