(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

Hi mummies,
Forum was down yesterday when I tried to log in.

Trial class at JG playnest and JWT gym globalplay
I managed to bring Xin en for trial to the Tue 9am class at JG and today to JWT gym globalplay class. Surprisingly, I was a little disappointed with JG class. Maybe I heard so much good comments about it that I have a high expectation, so I was sort of disappointed with some parts of it. Now, JWT is good! Again, mayb cos i don't have much good feedback before the class, so no expectation from me.

A comparison:
JG
Lousy story telling session
Good music session
Ok teachers
Big class, more interaction
Far location (for me)

JWT
good story telling session
so so music session
Good and experienced teacher
Small class, less interaction
Near location (for me)


I didn't like the JG storytelling session, the teacher was not good in engaging the bb and was not dramatic enough, not much of storytelling skills. The JWT storytelling session was good, the teacher was dramatic, has lots of facial expression and able to engage the bbies.

The JG music session was good though, becos has live guitar music! And the teachers can sing quite well too. Xin en loves music and she really enjoys the music part. The JWT music session was not as good as JG, cos its music from CD player, and teachers singing so so only, hee hee.

The teacher in JWT is definitely better and more experienced than the JG teacher. I feel that the JWT teacher is more attentive and more experienced. Whereas the JG teacher somehow gives me the "they are going through the motion" feeling. But on the other side, the JWT class is very small (only 3 bb), JG class has 12 or 13. So mayb that's why JWT teacher can give more attention.

Now, Im sort of in a fix, sort of prefer the JWT class, cos of the location and the experienced teacher. But the class size will be smaller than JG, so there may be less interaction and social skills learning. JG has more bb, more interactions involved, fantastic music. Worse is, the JWT teacher cant confirm the Wed class for me cos of the small no, so has to wait for him to get back to me about more options. And cant keep holding JG class slot, sigh so dunno want to choose JG instead, cos Kiasu mummy here scares that later no suitable class times at JWT and JG gives my slot to other pple cos I cant confirm now, then end up nothing.
 


<font color="ff6000"><font face="century">spicegal</font></font>
<font color="0077aa"><font face="century">ok ok..we meet at Jurong. Haha..this will be the 2nd train ride for J </font></font>
 
happymum - who is ur teacher in JG?

personally i dun find the small class a problem... i wld prefer a smaller class than a big class.
happy.gif
 
happymum

u went JWT at east coast or UE Sq. As i know, some good JWT teachers are used to be teaching in JG lei.
 
paula,
cannot change to apt coz it's arranged by his co. it's in San Fransisco, but need to go further down, quite a small city. weather 26-17 deg. Btw hubby couldn't imagine the trouble of bringing F in super loong flight (actually me too). So in the end we decided to offer it in prayer, and if i can get visa then that's a sign that i can go w/ F. If not then so be it
happy.gif


lyn,
is it better to sit by the window or aisle? coz i imagine if F cranky or need to go to toilet then it's more convenient by the aisle. Btw how didi u change if A poo during the flight? Was A guai-guai never cry, fuss or cranky during the flight? How long was ur flight? F is not that guai-guai type n the flight is 17hours long, so we are really worried.. Food, she still eats BR porridge w/ other grains n lentils, plus veggie, tofu/fish n wheat germ. she doesn't like cereal and oatmeal anymore
sad.gif
yes she eats steamed potato n sweetcorn. but won't all foods from restaurant sesoned already?
 
paula,
i see in ur blog that K has nice room w pretty furniture. lucky girl
happy.gif
F's bedroom looks more like storage.

panda,
i was also thinking to join the gathering but also have transport problem. in the end never join but that's also because i'm still having flu, dun want to spread the virus
happy.gif
 
i_panda, i meet you at clementi MRT cos have to go down to outram park to change to north east line.

Mum2B, by then your flu would have cleared already? We can also go together.
 
Earthquake
Did anyone feel it? I was working late in the office and felt the quake. At first I thought I was just dizzy becuase stared at the computer for too long. Then my colleague said she also felt the same. So, all of us left the building and went up again after a while. Sigh...work till 8.30pm. By the time I got home, G already sleepy....
sad.gif


Rodeo,
I got a pair of plastic scissors from Popular but because it is quite big (13cm), I didnt post here. Quite hard to work on for G. I think I will see if sinsei can tell me where to get the smaller pair first. If cannot get, then I ask you to buy.

Sunflower,
The gathering, need me to bring "mommy & me dvd"? Any food?

Thanks for tip on blog. I managed to spend some time last night and figured out a few things..So think it is up now..just have to keep adding entries. :b
 
happymum - ya, who is the teacher at JG for ur session? u went evans or forum? i can understand wat u mean by too small a group size..ideal i think is abt 5 perhaps? less than that can be quite boring at times cos u need to feed off the energy of other pp...hahah..that makes the class more interesting n sthg to look forward to.
 
Thread is up. Finally, been a long time I online almost thought I got terminated.

GUG: Paula, what time are we meeting and do we gather outside GUG?
 
Carebear, Cutie,
I will confirm d trial class tomorrow okay? The school is doing their best to work on an exclusive class for us so they have some bits of human resources management to work on. They will be able to confirm by tomorrow.

Cutie
Our tots are only 15 months old lei .. hahaha

Panda,
Haha, no choice have to let her learn through the hard way.

Where you stay? I stay in CCK I could give you a ride if you are nearby.

Rodeo,
I also want can help me to get?

Sunflower,
So paiseh suffering from quite bad memory these days.

Lyn,
You could email me at [email protected]

Happymum,
Do you know if JWT does organize trial classes during weekend?

Mum2B,
SFO is okay no problem with finding food! Perfect place for shopping too!
 
MTDT & Cheri,
I dunno the name, but I went to JG website to look at the list of teachers, and from the photos, seems like shes a senior teacher, oops. But I really feel that shes not dramatic enough. But the transitions of the class is smooth. In comparison, the transition between the various session at JWT is less smooth. Btw, I went forum branch.

Yesterday, the trial class at JWT only has 2 babies cos 2 didnt turn up, then a 3rd bb joined halfway. I dont mind if the class starts off with only 3 bbies, cos as the class goes on, more bb will join. But one of the bb is older and is going to the older age class.
Cheri, I also think ideal class size is 5-8, so JG class to me is a little too big.

Dor,
I went to JWT at east coast. The teacher at JWT is indeed from JG, he told me he was with JG chiltern house for 15 years. Hes more dramatic and lively, when Xin En sees his facial expression or little actions, she will throw her head back and laugh.

Paula,
I heard the weekend class is full, so not sure if they will organise trial class on weekends or not. The teacher will call me these 2 days, will help you to ask
 
morning...

happymum - think for playnest main teachers are Lin and Huimin.

class size - maybe the program still new? that's why group is small...
 
Hi MTDT,

Just like to confirm whether u get the animal book for us. I will go down Orchard tomorrow.

Paula,

Thanks. Can u SMS me if confirm, I hv PM u my contacts did u rece.
Ya, ours is onli 15mth but I think in average most of them should be around 15-18mths and u all hv started hand painting. I am really far back behind. Lazy mum haha...
 
Hi hi

So sorry for the gathering on 22 Sept..Don't think i can join u gals.. sotong me realize that i got a prior appt.. so sorry.. u gals enjoy

Btw, chk with u gals whether u noe how to treat nappy rash? my younger son, Egan has very bad nappy rash..have applied cream for quite some time, still no signs of recovery.. Tks!

Happymum123
hee hee... me sotong.. what's JWT?? tks! How long is the lesson and how many parents can go in? Tks!
 
Peng

Do u use those wipes to clean him after each change of nappy or just boiled water? Cos some babies may be sensitive to the wipes.....
 
<font color="0000ff"><font face="kristen ITC"><font size="+1">Re: Nappy Rash</font></font></font>

<font color="0077aa"><font face="century gothic">What's the best way to treat it?

The best remedy is to keep your baby clean and dry by changing her nappy frequently. If the weather is warm and she can play outside or in a room with an easy-clean floor, leave her nappy off for as long as possible to allow the air to speed up the healing process.

You might also try switching disposable nappies and detergents to fragrance and additive-free brands: they'll probably clear up the problem if the nappy rash is allergy-based.

A normal nappy rash should clear up after three or four days of at-home treatment. If your baby's rash persists, spreads, or otherwise worsens, try an anti-yeast cream, such as Canesten, for a few days.


How can I help prevent nappy rash?

The best defence against nappy rash is a dry bottom. To help, follow these five easy steps:

Change your baby's nappy as soon as possible after it becomes wet or soiled.

Clean your baby's genital area thoroughly after each bowel movement, and allow it to dry.

Coat your baby's bottom with a thin layer of protective ointment, but don't use talcum powder - it can get into a baby's lungs.

Don't fasten nappies so tightly that there's no room for air to circulate. Nappies, wraps and clothing should fit somewhat loosely to let your baby's bottom breathe.

When your baby starts solid foods, introduce only one new item at a time, and wait a few days between introductions. That way it'll be easier to determine if nappy rash is due to a food allergy.</font></font>
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/nappyrash/
 
<font color="ff6000"><font face="century">paula</font></font>
<font color="0077aa"><font face="century">thanks for ur offer. I stay at Toh Tuck (bt timah). I shld be meeting spicegal at Clementi..</font></font>
 
paula,

its ok
happy.gif
keke few has mix our ID up

peng,

oh... its ok, next time will have gathering again
happy.gif

wash with clean boil water after each nappy change, wipe dry before putting any cream. or if possible allow him to air before using diaper. Are you using cloth or disposal? I'll use cloth if got such problem.
 
hi ladies,

few has asked about the food list for the party.
no list out yet. maybe you can list down or just bring anything you fancy.

On my side, I'll prepare drinks, tiong bahru fishballs/taupok etc, profiteroles.

For those mummies coming on their own in train/bus, don't bring anything as you have lots to handle with your baby and barang2 already.

How's that to all?
 
Morning ladies!

Re:Scissors
I tried it last night. It's no good. Don't cut after the 1st few tries. So I don't recommend getting it unless u just want your toddlers to 'play' with it, ie using both hands to open & close the scissors. So Paula, Spicegal, MTDT and Sunflower, do u still want it?

Wen: Yes, the SM class scissors much better. Let's try to get that instead. MTDT said poohy mentioned it may be avail at Kiddy Palace. Maybe can check it out.
 
<font face="tahoma">
good morning ladies *yawn*

so tired now... wes having fever yesterday. was down but came up again at 4am then he didnt sleep till 5am. poor baby... hopefully fever will be gone for good now.</font>
 
Sunflower,

not too sure if i could come next week.

if can, then maybe will ask hb to make cake if he is willing.

Will let u know again
 
mum2B,

Sitting by window or aisle got pros and cons. But if you are going to have bassinet, I think aisle will be a better choice. I think take off and landing will be a challenge cos they are not suppose to move around and gotta be strapped down. I will imagine during the flight, it should be fine. You can let her walk around, but you gotta chase after her and can be quite tiring. Toddlers at this age got loads of energy and they need to get rid of the energy, else will get cranky.

Or take the midnite flight when F is sure to be sleeping. That will be easier to cope for the first half of journey
happy.gif


I went on SQ flights. Dunno about other airlines yet. They have changing table in the toilets. So changing of diaper is no problem. When lazy to get the diaper from the top, just get from airstewardess. I let A stand on the changing table to change. Quite easy.

hmm.. what about boiling sweet potato and sweetcorn? Or see if can find something small that can do steaming? BR porridge a bit difficult to cook if there's no kitchen. Or maybe bring a small slow cooker?
 
peng,
Just wipe with cotton wool and water, air dry, then wear diaper. I dun really believe in creams. It only make the skin dry, or those red patches to start peeling. Last time A had nappy rash, I find using just cotton wool and water to wipe is better. And be very vigilant and keep changing.
 
sunflower,

I should be able to go for the party next week
happy.gif
Probably will schedule gynae visit in the morning, then go from there.

Your freezer still full of eclairs or not? Finish them up before the party hor... kekeke...
 
paula,
The earliest May can start a class for us is in Feb08. Every Saturdays for 8 Saturdays. If weekdays, I think maybe she can start earlier, but I havent ask her. Fill up the registration form first. hee... I havent finish...
 
pawprint,

happy.gif
sure.. look forward to seeing you & I.

rodeo,

then no need to get for me. thanks
I saw 1 pair yesterday too, at 50 cents. Bought it but also no good after few tries.

vivi,

ok, sure update me via SMS
happy.gif



Dor,

will be sending out email to all soon.
happy.gif


lyn,

great, see you
happy.gif

haha... don't worry reserved 1 tray specially for you & Dor.
 
rodeo - oh, in tat case, dun need to buy liao.
thanks for testing it out.
happy.gif


I like the SM one... can cut really well.
happy.gif


Lyn - the form I also havent finish... aiyoh... so long! hahah :p

if start in FEB, means we hv to stop SM in Dec loh? or can we schdeule to start in Mar? after the Jan Term? btw, no mention abt the cost yet hor? location also?
 
Peng,
JWT is a gym, the program I go to is similar to JG playnest program and available at its East coast branch (next to Roxy Sq). Its 1.5 hr. Not sure how many parents allowed, but yesterday, both my hb and I were there, the teacher was ok with it. but again, its a small class lah, so maybe teacher don't mind 2 parents.
 
spicegal, joyfulmum,
eh ya just realize that the gathering is next week not this week ya? would love to atend if my flu is better
happy.gif


sunflower,
can i attend the gathering but still tentatively?

paula, lyn,
sigh.. yesterday hubby said i n F better don't go w/ him, scared he spends time worrying about us n cannot concentrate working there. in the past weeks F also been cranky at bed time, might be a nightmare in the flight like that. also his co cannot apply visa on our behalf. so we won't be going
sad.gif
well too bad. thanks for all ur advices.
 
hihi
am totally lost in this forum....

MTDT, summarise n update pls... hahaha....

So what google grp do we have now? ALAMAK.... headache ar you all... creating more n more stuffs to make everyone busy busy...

Sunflower,
Hws the gathering goin? who goin? hw i hope i can be there.. aiya... i will try....
 
wah...

Now everyone travelling with Babies ar....

You all go where huh? I want to go HK leh... but HK air so filthy dun know good for Chelsia or not... and if bring her go.. at nite cannot go chiong leh hor.... unless bring maid... but if bring maid then waste my $ unless i strike 4D this weekend.. haha
 
Sunflower

Think I will be going alone with baby too. If it is alright, I will just get a couple boxes of Healthy Times cookies for babies.
happy.gif
 
sunflower,

Think u better post a list here n post what food each of them bringing.. if not all bring same food... hahahah
 


Paula, thanks for the offer. Let us know then.
kao_cheers.gif


Sunflower, if we can tompang Paula's car, will get some tiong bahru char siew bao and tau sa bao from my flat downstairs.

Rodeo, then dun have to buy the scissors for me already. Thanks for the feedback.

Celeste, join us for the gathering at sunflower's place on 22nd Sep (Sat).
 

Back
Top