(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

MOAP...my gal normally takes 90ml every 3 hours...at times she will cry for milk again every hour...i will then give her 10mls each time cos sometimes she is not hungry...just wan to suckle the teat...

Bathing:
my gal will wail her lungs out if we bathe her when she is hungry or sleepy...otherwise she is fine most of the time...i will keep talking to her during bathing...like mummy washing your eyes and face now...mummy wash your hair now...pat some water on her chest...then tell her as you put her down into the water..reassure her that you are holding her tight and not to be afraid...when she is not crying..praise her and say that she is a good gal..etc...

Mittens:
I did not let my gal wear any mittens after she is full month old..only wear mittens at night cos we sleep in aircon room and when i bring her out shopping...

Nepia/Mamy Poko :
I personally liked both brands of diapers..find that material very soft and absorbant..price is more affordable too..pampers premium is also good but too expensive..

Hidora..my gal is ok with nose digging..she will only jerk away so have to hold her head..normally i dun reach all the way in...just use cotton bud to dig at the nostrils opening...

hidora,

i'm currently using avent bottle, heard of dr brown but i've never tried before.

you can find out bb's weight by carrying bb and weight yourself and then weigh yourself again without bb and then take the difference, that will be your bb's weight.

btw, how heavy is your boi when he's born and what's his weight now? how old is he now?

how much you paid for nepia yesterday? i went to ntuc yesterday and saw there's offer $28.95 for 2 packs. have you tried fitti premium? i find that it's very good and it's cheaper than nepia. i wanted to try buying yesterday but there's no 'S' size, so was thinking of trying 'XL' for my boi boi but no 'XL' leh... coz currently my boi is wearing 'XL' for fitti premium and pampers premium and i dun wanna buy 'L' size in case too small for him coz i dunno how's the cutting like. so end up din buy.

nose digging - same for my girl so my hands gotto be really quick using the smallest cotton bud and swirl one round in each nostrils. i will usually do that after her bath, easier to dig "gold" out. hahha...

spicegal,

Yup, Dr Brown's is really good. You wun see any additional bubbles from the drinking. And you wun hv to shake the powder hard to dissolve it. Just turn sideway instead of up and down will do. SO even with similac, not a lot of bubbles, unless you shake very hard lah. You can get it from Baby Hypermart or carrfoure. Those w/o a colour tube is not authentic (as told by the sales ger from Baby Hypermart)

cloud9mummy,

I know can weigh like that but hor, my weighing machine is spoilt. Hahaha... He was 4.075kg when he was born. Now 1 mth and 1 day old. =)

I paid $14 for each pack, still cheaper than the offer. And free home delivery somemore. Nv try fitti. How much is it?

Hi Mummies

how often is your baby awake and usually how long?

My son is abt 7 weeks old..and he is awake for abt avg of 3-4 hours daily..is that normal?

Is Mr Brown bottle really good? Where can we get them?

hi, mummies..
im using dr brown bottles for my bb gal. she is going to 5mths soon. Ya, the bottles are very nice to use. do not have much air in it after shaking. can be bought at metro causeway point.
i first got it from USA cos thot SG dunt have. Then i saw it at Metro. U can go there and have a look.

hidora,

Woah... your bb so heavy? Did you had natural delivery or C-sec?

In NTUC, Fitti Premium is $18.95 (not sure if it's for all sizes as currently I only buy XL - 50 pcs size for my son). But I usually buy from medical hall, it's cheaper $16.80 It's really similar to Pampers Premium where the tapes at the sides are velcro type not the sticky type.

What's the contact # to order Nepia? Free home delivery if you buy how many packets?

missk,

aunty daisy is the confinement lady? how is she like? good? tell us more about her (age, how many yrs of experience, skills in cooking, etc). her name sounds like she speaks english... how much you pay her?

hiaz...
My little missy cried non stop again today during her morning bath... donno how long this is going to last... looks like only my bb is the rare one who hates to bathe.
now she cries every time we want to change her shirt, maybe thinking we r going to bath her
sad.gif

Her cries r so bad that pp would think that we illtreat her or something like that... she took in so much air that she vomitted last nite
sad.gif

feeling v sian....(literally sian as in low morale and physically tired)
How's everyone's wt loss coming along.... when i see the weighing scale, it's so depressing ... more than a mth already and still have 5kg of weight to lose
sad.gif
sad.gif
since last week didnt lose anything although i ate less, walk more... look after bb at nite.
sad.gif

tinklebell,
sorry to hear that... cheer up! just tahan a bit more longer and the next thing you know bb will be older and easier to handle. i felt the same for my #1 son, so tired, depressed, tired and what not... now he's already so big, so fun to play with. den history repeats itself for my #2 girl it's like that lor... but it's all worth it. enjoy what you can now as bb grow up very fast.

my weight also never seemed to dip. i still have 6kg more to lose. try taking lesser carbo like rice and noodles and cut down on sweet stuff. must perservere!
happy.gif

Hi Missk

eh no la not 1 stretch..usually morning he will be more awake..abt 1-2 hours not sleeping..then after that will wake sleep wake sleep...i figure in total should be abt 3-4 hours bah? Was wondering if its normal...like if he sleeping too much?

soh1dful,

Yup, I swear by Dr Brown's. Erm., I wanted to buy at Metro Causeway Pt initially, but I didnt see the colour tube, so dun dare to buy. The salesger kept reminding us to look out for the colourtube inside the bottle. The bottle shld look like this. http://www.babybfree.com/

The other one look like this. http://www.handi-craft.com/#

Actually I think they are diff brand, but the salesger said Bfree = Dr Brown's. Aiya, I dun care lah. As long as it works its magic can liao. Lol. You can get Bfree at Baby Hypermart and Carrfoure baby's corner, also at Tampines Metro.

cloud9mummy,

Natural w assisted. Hehe. For Nepia, regardless of size is $14. Free delivery when you order 4 packs. Number is 6226 2650.

tinklebell,

Haha, my son crys so bad when I dig his nose.. I also say people surely think I ill treating him. It's no surprise he's so "windy".

And my weight is still up there too.. My stupid weighing machine makes me think I have lose weight, until I weighed myself at the gynae... @$#%&(@#@

regarding dr browns bottle - how do u wash the tube? v difficult rite?

also, when my boy drinks from bottle, he will "leak" alot of milk leh. any way to reduce it?

MTDT,

No leh, quite easy to wash. First time may find it hard, but after a while you realize the parts you hv to wash is the long tube and the stopper on top.

Is it becos the tits hole too big, and you son cannot swallow in time, so the milk leak? Trying holding him more upright?

using size "1" teat liao.. still too big? ;p

i think becos he too kan cheong to drink? or he too used to "nipple"?

uprite... hmm shall try.

spicegal,

Abt $20 for a 300ml bottle. If 250ml is abt $18. If you buy in the 2 in one pack, 4 in one pack, will be cheaper. The teats can get refill. But not sure for Dr Brown's and Bfree, their teats same or not.

MTDT,

I also thinking shld be size one teat. Lol.. Shld be too used to nipples. You bf most of the time? Cos nipples, usually the flow wun be so fast, and bb can control the flow from his sucking. But bottle, no matter how he suck, the flow is as fast. For my bb, I have been fm and bf him since day one, so instead of milkflow too fast, my prob is milkflow too slow during bf, esp when the milk is ending.. He gets frustrated very easily.

hidora,
thanks for the contact #. is there a way that i can get samples from them? coz i scared order 's' size too small for my bb and 'm' too big... currently i'm using 's' size drypers for my girl. i think need to upgrade to 'm' size liao coz getting a bit too small for her. she's 6 weeks now.

mummies,

here's what i have retrieved from my old archive from my laptop on how many hrs bb sleeps in a day. just a guideline:

Birth 17hrs in every 24hrs

Age Day Night
3mths 5hrs 10hrs
6mths 4hrs 10hrs
9mths 3hrs 11hrs
12mths 2hrs 11hrs

cloud9mummy,

Er, they dun provide sample. Chk with them already. But I compared before, S is same as mamypoko S. But not sure how is mamypoko compared to Dryers.

hidora,

oic... what a pity! i've tried mamapoko b4, cutting is very small, their S compared to other brand would be XS haha...! that's why mamapoko has XXL if you realised... so hearing what you say... maybe i should be buying M instead.

Hi Hidora

so must look out for a coloured tubing inside the bottle else is not the real thing?

Hi Tinklebell

maybe you can try to bathe her back 1st? My son initially keep screaming whenever we bathe him but we realise he stop crying whenever we make him like "swimming" position and wash his back..after that we quickly move him "normal" bathing position and bathe him as quick as possible..coz after that he will resume crying...it took him quite sometime (over a month) to get use to the water..now he dont cry anymore..just open eyes big big and stare..

Hi everyone
i found a website that sells Dr Brown bottles and accessories

http://www.firstfewyears.com.sg/pdts.asp?cid=16

soh1dful,

I also dunno leh. The salesger say got coloured tube is the real thing.. But I think they all work the same?

hi tinkerbell
I also have the sian feeling on and off, 3 weeks into my confinement liao. really 'confined' to the house, plus have to take care of bb from 6pm to 9 am next day when my CL off duty. now at least epi and piles pain better, 1st 2 weeks have to deal with pain and express what little milk i have and also scared my figure wud be gone forever cos i was having a super abnormally huge postnatal tummy
kao_frustrated.gif
quite depressed...
now things are slightly better after taking sheng hua tang and massage. am extending the massage to 10 seesions cos i find maya very skillful and the results are good. now tummy not so big liao. maya said by the time i go back to work after maternity lv, my tummy will be gone... hopefully that is so
happy.gif

so dun fret, now we xin ku a bit, when we get used to the routines of looking after bb, things will be easier. sometimes i look at my bb, i find it's all worth it... cos he looks very adorable haha. of cos he has the usual bb tantrums when he is hungry/frustrated, but i think as long as we stay calm, bb will also calm down...
gals,
my bb likes to be bathed by my CL in the morning but doesn't like to have his body wiped by me in the evening... so will cry v loud whenever i change him. but now he more used to my fumbling so things are getting better... last nite he sleeps from 9 plus to 4 am!! i was so shocked cos he usually wakes up 3 times at nite crying.

now my only worry is that my milk ss getting lower... think i will pump every 4 hrs regardless the output cos demands determines supply... right now i only pump 2 to 3 times per day, milk sure will disappear soon.dun like the idea od feeding FM but right now i really no choice... really envy those of you who have abundance of breast milk... will breast massage by lactation consultants increase my milk ss?

Hello gals...

Hidora,
I also swear by Dr. Brown bottle. Now, I dun use NUK, Avent, mothercare bottles I have.. Only use Dr. Brown for bottle feeding.

soh,
I got extra Dr Brown bottles. Unused and brand new... It has a blue color tubing inside, and will turn pink to tell you that milk is too hot. I sell to you... want? PM me..

Nose digging:
My boy will let me clean when he's in good mood.

soh1dful,

But I think if you wanna get, shld get the one with colour tube. Cos it's not made of polycarbonate and so is free from Bisphenol-A and so supposed to be safer. I'm not sure whether the other one is made from polycarbonate as it is not mentioned on the website.

Bisphenol-A, a known hormone disruptor, is a common ingredient in hard plastic baby bottles and has been shown to leach out of the plastic, especially in older bottles. Even at very low doses it has been linked to obesity, early onset of puberty, learning disabilities (including ADHD), reduced sperm production, increased cancer cell growth, and conditions such as endometriosis.

http://www.babybfree.com/Default.aspx?pid=256

Just a note. Popular brands like Avent, Nuk, Tommee Tippee and Chicco are all made from polycarbonate.

hi hidora/spicegal,
i oso use babybfree bottles.. babybfree is actually the improved and better version of Dr Brown. i bought it from hypermart too... i'm oso swear by it, bought 2 big and 1 small one.
happy.gif

hi tinkle/ paula,
know that u gals ordered the sling and like it very much. do u hv the website again.. i'm thinking of ordering one.
by the way,

lyn,

I'm still using Avent bottle for water feeding. Maybe will chg to Bfree soon. (Still wondering, is Bfree = Dr Brown? Blur)

Haha, it seems that my son is nv in a good mood. But his nose is always blocked leh.. Damn jia lat.

i bought some Dr Brown bottles from Walmart in USA. so when i came back from there, i realized SG got sell. Mine is 8-ounce Standard 3-pack and Standard Starter Kit which was bought from USA.

well, i guess i love using the bottles for my gal loh.. she likes it. but im not sure of the colour tube inside the bottle. only have the lightbrown colour vent inserts in the bottle.
is it the same as the colour tube?

hidora,
I am not sure about Bfree relationship with Dr. Brown... hee... I am a researcher.. I surfed and found research articles by Dr. Brown. I guess Dr. Brown is the original. I got the honey colored ones
happy.gif

I think water feeding also can cause gas, so better use Dr. Brown...
kekeke... I wanna sell my Avent bottles...

hi ladies,
i oso hv 2 btls of fenugreek to give away if anyone of you want. my gynae prescribed me domperidone instead so i've stopped taking fenugreek.

re: bb sleeping hours
my bb sleeps only 2-3hrs in the day & sometimes less.. he looks sleepy but when we put him to bed, he'll cry and want to be carried. he'll sleep in our arms instead. luckily he can sleep in the nite from 9-10pm till 8am.. of cos in between he wakes up for milk. but is that normal for bb to sleep so little in the day?? i'm so worried.

duffybuff,
my boy also some days sleep 2-3 hours in the day. he also likes to be carried in the day and sleep in our arms. he's sleepy but cannot fall asleep, i guess. What I do is, put him down in his cot or on my bed when he's fast asleep.

hi lyn,
same here.. my bb wants to be carried in the day. we tried to put him back to his cot when he fell asleep in our arms but he'll wake up and cry again when we put him down. so jia lat.. dunno what to do to make him sleep.

duffy,
I carried my boy till he sleeps, then put him on his tummy and pat pat a while... when cry again, carry again lor...

hidora,
My boy sleeps in between me and hubby at nite... but I dun hug him...

Hi Hidora

think yours is the wide neck version...i saw from the dr brown website they have the standard and wide neck ones...prob i will get the wide neck ones too since the avent ones i am using also wide neck.

hi

issit a must/neccessary for baby to burp after each feed? cos some feeds i can stroke/pat her for 15mins but she never burp leh, how? In tis case, i wil put her to slp.

also during slping 1/2 way through, i noticed she can leak/puke out some milk which contains some milk residue. e residue means milk not digest?

Hidora & duffybuff...thanks for all the info on dr brown/babybfree bottles..i will go and buy them...

Mum2B...for cradle cap...apply some baby oil on the affected area and wipe it off with a small towel...the flakes will come off bit by bit...

soh1dful ..I think it's pretty normal. Someone posted a chart on the amount of time babies spend on sleeping. I think that's a pretty good guide.

Apparently, naps are important for him to sleep better at night. Now, I try not to overstimulate or overtire him.

My next wish is for him to sleep thru the night. Does your bb sleep thru the night?

cloud9mummy

R you looking for a CL?

Anyway, Aunty Daisy is English-speaking. She's a Peranakan. And she cooks really good Peranakan food. I really like it very much.

She's very patient with my son. I think it's not easy dealing with my son cos he wants to be carried all the time. At least she didn't just pass my son to me when he cries. My other CL did that.

Overall, I am happy with her.

Mum2B,

My bb also has a huge patch of cradle cap.. Think if I dun do anything to it, gonna become cradle halmet soon. Anyway, I just bought Dentinox cradle cap shampoo last evening. Have just tried washing bb's head with it this morning. Maybe you wanna try?

Back