(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

medusa,
hmm...sound like quite accurate...my friend's son #1 looks exactly like daddy, her #2 turn out to be a boy, also look like daddy...so we tease her, say u can forget abt having girl for #3...

tinklebell,
I think we dont have to worry too much bout baby's weight now. As long as our gynae say everything is gd. When I mentioned to my gynae "hah, bb so big ah". He still can tell me "No lah...baby's average weight at birth is arnd 3kg range so urs not tat big also" *lol*
And maybe my bb went thru a growth spurt for that time....will see how the bb's weight is again during the next appt
happy.gif

hidora,
I hope its only bb going thru a growth spurt...will slow down a bit in gaining weight...cos hoping that bb will be like 3-3.5kg when i am due to deliver
happy.gif

MOAP,
ur gal got dimples...very sweet!
happy.gif
I am hoping my gal got dimples also....cos hb got dimples although i dont have...scarly one side dimples only...*lol*

Medusa,
ur gal quite gd at posing in front of camera hor...hehe...quite photogenic
happy.gif

tinklebell,

thanks for the contact for the beansprout pillow. the pillows look nice as well.. my MIL might be sewing 1 for my ger so probably will no be getting another one yet.
happy.gif

My girl also looks like daddy. The most funny thing is that my husband has a gap between his two front teeth and my girl has that too!!! Didn't know can be alike until that extend!!

Hello Mummies

Just came back from my check-up, baby is on small side only 935g at 28w. Quite worried but I guess that means I have to eat more durians !

Any of you have to go for any detailed scan after 28w ? Am going for one in 2 weeks to check that blood flow to/from placenta is fine.

joy: my baby was 700g at 25 weeks and 1300g at 30 weeks ! so dont worry, the growth spurt is coming soon !
I just got back from 30th week checkup - nowonwards will be once a fortnight checkup.

i put on almost 12KG already !!!

mummies, can i gripe abt my gynae ... she's a rather cold person i feel. like today, i asked her if i sld decide my birth plan soon, and that i wld like to go for natural w/o epi ... and she looked shocked, said that not everyone has an easy delivery, and that we'll see when it comes ... huh ? i mean, sldn't a doc be more positive abt a patient's decisions ? and i asked if there was any breast massage to prepare for breast feeding (my friend who delivered in TMC said there was) to help produce the milk, and the doc said no, no such thing, just leave it to the nurses after delivery they will look after you ...
i just feel she is not very responsive wif me as a patient ...
sigh ...

k ong.. i noe what u mean.. i used to c 1 gynae b4 i cfm my current gynae.. I keep telling that previous gynae that i am concerned of bb trapped by its cord.. u noe what that gynae says? all bbs no matter what will be trapped by the cord.. very common.. juz accept it.. i was like huh????

and when i dun feel well, he said that it's like that 1.. so how many days mc i want?? i so pissed off.. he din do the normal diagnosis n juz assume that i c him cos i want mc.. so mad at him..

K Ong,
some gynaes are like that. After I delivered #1, there was another gynae attending to the lady next to me (double bed room mah). Could hear everything discussed- I tell u, I was *SHOCKED*. The lady had delivered her 2nd baby, and was saying she felt tired breastfeeding. The gynae told her that "1st few days got no milk, the nurses bring u baby for just practise-practise latch only. Don't need to breastfeed lor. Discharge from hospital then breastfeed!".

OMG- doesnt a DOCTOR know that 1st few days is the MOST VALUABLE colostrum (pre-milk)? I think impossible she doesn't know, if want to give benefit of doubt, it's that the Gynae's priority is patient's quick recovery, so she doesn't care abt bfg aspect.

okipoki:
oic cos the pillow u ordered is of 15cm x 45cm which contains 220grams of husk ($17 + $7= $24). While tinklebell bought from Studioij one costs $12.90 (15cm x 28cm) with 150g of husk. Hmm $12.90 pillow is smaller so tend to feel more husk while the one u order is bigger, wil feel less husk.
but i tempted to order from Linsaw as more cute designs to choose from + can customise names on it. did u?

Josephine_tan:
i intend to work til my delivery day. Wat if waterbag burst during my work at office? oh dear, i cant imagine as most of my colleagues are males.

Hidora:
i m using crabtree n evelyn moisturising jojoba oil bodywash. b4 that was using dettol n scare my nipples to be very dry n itchy. after using jojoba oil, nipples less dry n less itchy. partly bcos i also applied the Avent nipple cream recently but not daily. I think e jojoba oil helps alot
happy.gif

eh y must buy those green big coconut instead of e small ones?

Paula/Carebear29:
look like our pre-pregnancy weight are the same n also on e petite size w 150+ height. well my bb ger is 1kg at 27wks 0 day n i hv gained 9kg (from 43kg to 52kg). ya agree that bcos of our small built, gynac has to control our diet.

Btw i heard cordyceps can make bb big. Not sure though. But my mum has been boiling cordyceps for me weekly leh. Paula, maybe u can to try cordyceps instead of durians.
happy.gif
but beware of fake cordyceps, must buy real one.

Lyn!
wow u are into ur 36wks, so wil be gg to deliver anytime?

Carebear29:
Dr. YC did mention to me that my cervix length is 4.5cm. For normal cervix length is from 4 to 5cm, that wat she told me
happy.gif
hehe maybe i wil buy e sheet protectors u mentioned. any particular brand?

Amy:
yes i hv been drinking cordyceps wkly boiled by my mum. N yes i heard cordyceps can make bb big leh. oh dear. hehe
happy.gif

MOAP:
perhaps ur gynac never mention abt ur bb's size if bcos bb right for ur size, also depends on mummy's size.
happy.gif

Shan & Mummies:
u can try cordyceps. i wont advise durians
happy.gif

Durians:
My gynac advised me NOT to eat durians! heard that try not to eat too much durians during 3rd tri, wil make bb BIG. Also, it wil cause fever in baby when bb comes out. not sure how come.

Ice-cream:
these few days been addicted to eat Haagen dazs new melon flavour ice-cream. issit okie to eat ice-cream during pregnancy? scare too cold n fattenning for bb.

398829.jpg

398830.jpg

hi carebear
thanks a lot for the sharing the info abt cleaning companies. will check out those 2 that you think offer good rates.

Morning Mummies,

Kite,
I think its ok to eat occasionally cold staff.I think i may be far more worst than you.These days i have been drinking alot of cold drinks,fizzy drinks.Don't really eat much but drink alot.

By the way,do you have any colostrum NOW? I have been massaging my breast every time before i shower.My aunt taught me to peel off the skin that cover the nipple.I didn't ask y but i did as she said.Sometimes after massaging the breast,i tried to squeeze the nipple,and my my, there is colostrum discharge.Does that mean i will have more milk or i should not do the squeezing.Any advise from 2nd preggie and BF mummies.Medusa or Tinklebell,MOAP.

Medusa,
actually I was told by someone from medical industry that a lot of gynae still don't believe bf is good for babies...hence they are not pro bf...a lot of them either don't encourage the mummies to bf, or they just stay neutral abt it...

that's why there's many efforts to promote bf by organising bf seminars for the gynae....

kite,
I have been eating ice-cream throughout my pregnancy...don't think it will cause much problem except gaining fat on ourselves...hehe
happy.gif

jojo,
u also second time mum mah...last time, do u bf your no #1...think u can more or less gauge your milk supply since u given birth to your #1?

I read that even if u have colostrum now, it is not an indictation of milk supply later on...

morning ladies
happy.gif

Jojo,
I also have colostrum already...in fact now its with those transparent sticky liquid first followed by a bit of slightly yellowish inner internal liquid....i tink that shld be colostrum bah
happy.gif

Re : Eating Ice-cream
My mom kept telling me not to eat cold drinks/ice-cream. But for cold drinks i still take except i always take w/o the ice or when after taking out from fridge i will wait like 5-10mins for it to "defrost". Ice-cream i only took like 5 times throughout my pregnancy and in small-amount.....haizz..wat to do...older folks tend to relate eating cold stuffs with asthma? I also donno how true it is....juz try to restrict myself
sad.gif

Re: Any of u ladies feeling tired when walking now?
I seem to feel tired easily when shopping...even when like after work walk for 1 hr then must find a place to sit...otherwise the legs feel really tired
sad.gif
and i am 29 wks 3 days liowz.

Morning Gal,

Jojo,

That is colostrum.and it means that your breast is preparing for BF. some of the mummies will start to leak at 21weeks while some don...and that does not mean you will have a good milk supply in future.and you should stop squeezing.

celeste,
me too..feel tired easily...nowaday, need to sleep 1-2 hours more...walk a bit, legs feel like going to cramp...when shopping, muz rest regularly loh....

okasan,
i wonder later stage will prob be even worse. Now i sleep at bout 11+pm and wake up at 7am like still not enuff sleep. Maybe i shld start sleeping earlier
sad.gif

Good Morning,

Kite/ Okipoki, yes true, linsaw's bulk purchase has nicer design. BTW, studioji increased the wt of the husk to 200g. so, with a smaller pillow, it appears to look heavier. I didnt order thru the bulk purchase cos i prefer getting a smaller pillow.

Jojo, i do have colostrum but not much. In fact after i stopped bf, i noticed i still have that even after 2 yrs (before i was pregnant again). thought it was normal for mothers who have given birth. But then later on when i told my hubby abt it, he got a shock! Said it could indicate a tumour in the pitutory gland! So i went for a blood test and thankfully, blood test results were ok so I didnt go for a CT scan. Will wait and see after this pregnancy.

My previous gynae also didnt mention much abt bf'g. i thought it's bec he was a man. I also didnt bf during my hospital stay the last time round... in fact, nurses also just brought bb to me to suckle and stimulate the flow but no milk leh... no lactation consultant available as she was on leave the last time round so i couldnt ask the expert.

I think men wont know as much abt bf'g compared to women. my female friends who are docs are v pro-bf'g. And naturally i wont expect those who have no children to have in depth knowledge and skills on bf'g too. KOng, your gynae not married is it?

Celeste, yes, these few days, i feel tired walking and even sitting down
sad.gif
just want to close my eyes to sleep. i didnt sweep the floor for 4 days already cos i was really tired. Yesteraday went shopping at West Mall for a while. When i came home, i was really v tired.

Ladies, i finally bought my mattress for my playpen last nite fr seahorse. $39.90 triple fold. since my old pp doesnt have a bassinet, i have improvised it by placing layers of mattresses inside. The size fits perfectly. But i think 1 set is not enuf- will buy another one during the weekend. I suppose later on, i can use the mattress for my bb to sleep on while she is older.

re: baby's comforter set
where to get nice bb comforter sets? went to Tom and Stephanie last nite... the design not nice, quite dirty and somemore so expensive!

tinklebell,
same here....gynae never mentioned anything bout bf'g to me. I guessed cos we have the same gynae and he's a guy...*lol*
I was at West Mall yesterday also! Wanted to get a new hp and renew contract for my mom, but the phone was sold out...so hot-selling *sigh*. I was only there for 2 hrs and felt really tired n went home liowz....luckily i have bought most bb stuffs oledi, otherwise dont tink i got the energy to shop
sad.gif

Re : Baby's comforter set
I got the whole cot set from bbsafe during the Mother n Baby Care expo tat time. The design is quite nice
happy.gif
Alternatively u can try Aussino, i tink their bb comforter sets are quite nice too
happy.gif

Celeste, u were there too? heh heh...didnt see u. i was at T&S most of the time cos wanted to get a present for my niece but in the end didnt get bec the toys sold there r of quite poor quality.

Aiya, i didnt go Aussino to take a look. They sell bb comforter set as well? okie, will bear that in mind during my next shopping trip (arrggghhhh but a bit tired to shop leh)

celeste,
ya, every morning, I woke up, I still feel sleepy...but I already sleep a lot...nowadays, I just feel sleepy early in the evening liao...

think will get worst as our tummy grow....lucky I already finished most of the baby's purchases, else can't imagine carrying a big belly and shop around...

Okasan,
Though this is my 2nd time preggie.But i failed terribly bf my first boy.Give up after 1mth loh.Can't believe the gynae do not have enough knowledge about BF. Maybe after we all deliver, we should bf in the public to encourage and educate them as a group..haha!

Celeste,
I am also 29wks 4days liao,i do feel tired recently.Always feel sleepy. Just don't feel like doing anything except sleep. Feeling my leg abit swollen already.So try to walk lesser and eat less salty. Oh,so your EDD is about the same as mine?

MOAP,
Oops. I did i am too curious about the colostrum..lol..okie...better stop squeezing otherwise may encounter side effect.Tks!
And thks for the diaper bag...i had saw this aution too but still hesitating to buy or not.Do you know how much is the usual price?

Tinklebell,
Will you still deliver in NUH this time round.I am still hesitating to go to KKH or NUH.

okasan,
ya lor....i also finished almost all my purchases liowz. At least now can relax
happy.gif
Btw, u said u also attending Mrs Wong's classes rite. U attending her Wed nite classes izzit?

Jojo,
My EDD supposed to be 20th June 2006
happy.gif
My leg still not swollen *touch wood* and i hope it wont be...haha
happy.gif
But I still feel tired when walking....
sad.gif

Morning ladies,

Kite,
Dont mean to say the pillow is light... was refering to the ingredients.
happy.gif
Yup, I did include my ger's name in but make sure u dont hv long wordings cos it might be slightly out of alignment.
happy.gif

Jojo, i wont be at NUH this time round... will be at TMC. Last time went there bec got co-payment benefit and bec my first pregnancy got lots of potential complications initially. But NUH was quite sweet. They organised a candlelight dinner for my hubby and i during the second nite. But i agree bf'g support not there lor.

Hi Okasan & other mummies

Good morning! I'm joining in to this chat group. My EDD is also June'06.

Btw, I think Aussino's bb comforter set is most value for $. I've bought the ABC design. Before i found this set @ Aussino, i was looking everywhere, Kidsmall, Kiddy Palace, Tom & Stephenie, John Little, Robinsons but didn't see any i like. Aussino's is 100% cotton, i feel most worth the $.

Okasan,

U delivering @ TMC also yah? When is your EDD? Mine is 12 June, now at 30th week. Have you book the bed @ TMC? Has Adrian discuss with you about normal birth & C-sect? So far, he hasn't say anything to me.

All mummies,

Do you all have any recommendation of good/experienced post natal massage lady?

hi tinklebell wow was it your anniversary or something like that, why have candlelight dinner?

Celeste: we same due date, you delivering at TMC as well?

Tinklebell,
Ya.I read from one of the thread delivery in NUH can have a candlelight dinner on the last stay in the hospital but i think that only applies to A1 ward patient.I think i still choose NUH cos it is nearer to my house.Will seek advise from the hospital for BF on my next visit.

Hello Serene,
My initial EDD is also on 12 June,happen to be my wedding anni too.But after ultra sound scan,the correct EDD should be 25 June.Too bad,cannot celebrate both bb birthday and our Anni.

a friend recommended ms rasidah 94305956 free lance. My friend's figure went back to prenatal after maternity leave, so i asked for her contact.

her chg are $350 for 7 sessions.
she sounded nice on the phone, booked her already.
no other charges, like oil, and wrap costs.

Jo/ JoJo, no leh, not our anniversary.. the hospital organised that and i think it applies only if u stay in A1 ward. I love their 1 bedder...super big!

Hi Serene, welcome ! u also under Dr Adrian at cck? Must book bed so early? He only asked abt wh hospital i will be delivering... never mention abt the beds.

BTW, one word of advise for MTB... if u happen to be in labour, dont call 995 hor. One of my frens called 995 and ended up in the hospital nearest to her home. No gynae to attend to her during delivery.

Morning Mummies,

JoJo,

I was reading the "New Well Pregnancy Book", and I shall quote down a few paragrahps in the section "Preparaing to Breast-feed"

1) Many doctors advise that mothers begin breast massage and manual expression of colostrum after week 36 of pregnancy. Massage and expression are not recommended before that time because they cause the release of the hormone oxytocin, and there is concern that this might cause premature labor in a few women.

2) Studies have shown that expressing colostrum does help prevent breast engorgement and sore nipples in the first weeks.

3) Expressing colostrum stimulates the tiny muscles around the ducts that suqeeze the milk down, and stretches the ducts themselves so that they can hold more milk.

Breast Massage Method

1) Place hands palm down at top if one breast
2) While keeping thumbs in place, firmly rub the fingers of both hands down the sides of the breast and around the bottom, without touching the nipples
3) Bring thumbs and other fingers together, firmly squeezing the breast tissue, and then slide the fingers off breast
4) Repeat these motions teo to fifteen times with each breast
5) Lubricate hands with oil or cocoa butter if desired

Manual Expression of Colostrum or Breast Milk Method

1) Use one hand to support the breast
2) Use thrumb and index or middle finger of the other hand to express milk, placing fingers opposite each other on the outer edge of the areola
3) Press fingers back into breast; at the same time, spread fingers apart, then bring them back together, squeezing the areola gently buy firmly
4) Move fingers around the areola in a circle, pressing at each location until the flow stops. This empties all sinus around the nipple
5) Begin this exercise at 36 weeks

p/s: this book is quite interesting. Can go to any library to borrow.

Serene,
hihi..welcome to this thread
happy.gif
I bought the bbsafe one at $79.90 and it comes with the latex pillow...also 100% cotton, i find it quite worth it too
happy.gif
Cos normal price i tink is around $89.90 or $99.90. That time the Expo they having discounts thats y cheaper
happy.gif

Josephine_tan,
ya...me delivering at TMC also
happy.gif
Ur gynae is?

tinklebell,
Adrian already asked u which hospital u wanna choose? He havent ask me yet.

Kite,

Dunno leh, but my mom said her fren said must be the green ones. I also dunno why.

celeste, okasan,

Ya lor, I also feel very sleepy and easily tired nowadays.. Think worse than first tri. I'm yawning away while typing now..

JoJo,

My feet are swollen too.. Felt that my Crocs are so tight now. Like wrong size like that.

Hi Serene,

Welcome to the thread. =)

Re: Malay massage lady

One mummy advised me that for natural delivery, you can start the massage asap. But for those who had c-section, must wait for 6-8wks b4 doing the massage.

tinklebell: my gynae married wif 2 kids ?!!!
that's why i was really surprised that she not very pro natural labour nor interested in talking to me abt bfeeding ... strange horr?
maybe it's easier for her if i opt for epidural ?

tinklebell,

Dr Adrain got ask you which hospital you want to go meh..he never ask me leh..but i told the nurse i want 4 bed at TMC.so she book for me .

jojo,

i am not sure abt the usual price.but i think could be higher then what you saw at the auction.

oh yah 1 more thing my hubby don want me to go for induce...he want my gal to choose her own time to come out.

JoJo,
hehe sorry am slow, the other mums advised already abt the colostrum. Nipple stimulation *may* cause premature labour, but removing dead skin cells seem ok to me.
happy.gif

hidora,
i was so tempted to take leave and juz sleep n worm at home today...*lol*

Josephine_tan,
my gynae is Adrian B Woodworth. Mine is gerger
happy.gif

Celeste/ MOAP, every visit, Dr Adrian will ask me wh hospital i will be delivering but i thought he just ask casually lor. Need to book is it? But he hasnt mentioned anything abt the 32 week detailed scan. I thought there is supposed to be such a scan??? my next visit will be at 32 weeks already. Detailed scan will be at TMC again, i suppose?

KOng, maybe she just make a passing remark lor :p dont take it to heart
happy.gif

tinklebell,
I only remember during my first visit he passed me a list of the prices for the various hospital charges. Thats all lor...he never asked me where i wanna deliver before yet.
And we must book thru the hospital ah? He didnt tell me anything bout this yet...hmmzz...maybe he will mention prob when during next appt bah.
As for 32 week...got such thing as detailed scan ah? He never mentioned bout it also. I thought there's only the 20 week detailed scan?

Kite, did your doctor measure your cervix length? maybe can ask my gynae later... seeing her later...

Re Breast Massage - thanks for the info hidora.

Back