(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

spicegal,

no sorries la. I must say a big THANK YOU
happy.gif

paula,

haha... K so cute. laughing non stop at her split legs & duck walk!! :p

herbal
just read your blog....you have 2 beautiful kids. We nearly become neighbours if you have got a property at Telok Kurau :)
Me staying there now, and congrats also on the way to be SAHM soon, I took that step at end Mar this year (but got into PT work recently), it's something I have enjoyed every moment on, of cos it helps that I am running out of steam to climb the corporate ladder, so SAHM was a perfect excuse to stay low :)

Hi aishite
did you also move to telok kurau because of your kids? We are looking at The Adara at chapel road now... but still having headache thinking to buy or not. Most likely not,... too expensive. And some more for condos, I heard the households need to rotate to become the management committee right?? I find it too troublesome...buy a house still need to put in that hassle.. cannot live comfortably..? Sigh!

And now, although I have the SHHK membership, it still doesn't garantee I can register my child in phase 2B, need to have recommendation... wah, it's really tough to enrol our kids in good schools nowadays!!
sad.gif

Hi tinklebell
which sch did your child get into? Do you know anything about Hokkien Huay Kuan and their recommendations into phase 2B? thanks!

herbal,
My boy got into Catholic high. The only 2 schools wh got balloting <1km for Phase 2B.
U can join RC. one of my friends did that. they u can join phase 2B for any school. I thought that's not a bad idea cos it's not restricted to religion or dialect.

Herbal
What's SHHK?
Me ah, been in Telok Kurau since 1983, but moved out from 2001-2006 when I got married and stayed in HDB during that time. Then moved back to Telok Kurau cos the kid came along and my mum promised to take care of her (but she fly kite on me, have not taken care for a single day!).

Hi aishite, SHHK is Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan.
So you are staying at your mum's place in telok Kurau now? That's why u need to be SAHM to look after the kid? I find the place quite inacessible leh, have to walk a long way to bus stop and then only few buses.

Actually currently i stayed near Nan Chiau, so might enrol my dd there next year. But still need to be PV or clan member to be in phase2B. I already have the clan membership but just knew that still need to apply thru the clan (SHHK) to be recommended into phase 2B... !
real headache.

Hi Tinklebell, Congrats that your child get in Catholic High. My colleague also registered her son in Catholic High. The one in Bishan is it? Her son got in cos' her husband is from the school previously....

Herbal
Wah, so confusing, SHHK and Hokkien Clan, so many clans and associations to link through.

No lah, I am at my own place now, next lane to my mum's. Become SAHM cos I think staying home is easier than going to work, no lah, more like cos I want to enjoy my girl's growing up years. I didnt like the feeling I was not there and inadequate for her when I was working or travelling for work. But it's all my personal opinion, my sis, who has 3 kids, can't imagine anyone not working, so she knew secretly in her heart that I will head back to work, which I did recently. But it's part time, at most one week a month, so suited me v well lor.

Hi aishite
sorry, I think i made it sound too confusing. SHHK and clan are the same thing. Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan (SHHK) is a clan association.

Good for you, now you can watch your girl grow and at the same time keep in touch with work and outside world. That is most ideal and balance worklife. Ok. take care and enjoy your time with your girl.
happy.gif

Sunflower
Haha, no no, u r never lonely!
SAHM, it's been v good. Though I am becoming a little bit more lazy.
Today: go lunch with PTWM and their kids, then prob swim in the afternoon with her
Wed: Go garden festival with her and dad
Thurs: Maybe re-start gym class for her
Fri: she has class at kidsloft

And when she sleeps, I do my consulting work lor, which works out ok. I am thinking of looking around schools for her this week or next, but my dateline for myself is early Sept, so have plenty of time there.

How about you, what's your plans? Maybe we should all organise something for next week hor. Get other mummies to take leave and go chong somewhere...

aishite,

wow... SAHM for you sounds good and the best part is you found PTW. I feel that's the best of both world
happy.gif

Which gym are you bringing S to? been thinking about it since reading pawprint's blog on A&amp;I's gym!!

Is your class at Kidsloft full? I've tried emailing them but no replies
sad.gif

next week not a goood time for me but go ahead, I'm sure I will be able to join in for one of your activities
happy.gif

I'm also hunting around for schools but not planning to place him in til next year. hope to find one suitable
happy.gif

tinklebell,
How are you coping with 3?

herbal,
Your kids are beautiful.

aishite,
I also planned to go Garden festival tomolo
happy.gif
Gotta confirm if my hubby can take leave
happy.gif

Hi all...

Hope all are well...

Chelsia recovered liao and went back to school yesterday... Tell you all ar... during the HFMD period.. she never eat proper meal at all.. survive on baby bites .. cornflakes.. fresh milk .. yakult.. ice cream... I was thinking sure lost weight like that... BUT.... guess what! She look more chubby now.. n she gained 0.5kg.. weighing 11.5 now... so funny....

Me here... but running out with the kiddos soon.

Congrats Tinklebell on the sch thing, one thing happily settled
happy.gif
. And the wtloss! :D
I'd probably settle for neighbourhood pri sch... somehow I think based on personality, my ahgal might push *herself* too hard... dun wan her to be depressed if she flounders. She's pretty sensitive. Will probly be co-ed then can dump Ahboy in together. Anyway LONG time more for Ahboy, still have to see how he adapts to Kindy Pre-nursery next yr!

RE : INJECTION..

dun worry.. those govt people will call u or sent u a letter if they dun receive updates of your kids COMPULSORY JABS..

In the letter it will states that your child is due for xxxxxx injection and we have yet to receive any records .. please update us your childs immunisation records.. blah blah blah...

So dun worry that u will forget... these people are paid to remind us.. hahaha

PP : u were asking abt amazon shipping last week ?
i bought 3 books (hardcover) and 2 DVD, shipping was USD30, arrived within a week. direct.
I reckon if via vpost, will be about the same price, cuz it's quite heavy.

<font face="tahoma"> Hi ladies,
I forget who is looking for 2nd hand piano here. 1 Oct08 mummy is selling, details are as below :

<font color="0000ff">I have a Bohemia Upright piano which i bought from Gramercy Music 2yrs ago, cost around $5K then. Sighs bought it for my daughter when she expressed interest, took a few lessons from Yamaha but just doesn't has the time to practice anymore (she is in Primary 2 now). Am thinking to sell it instead of letting it sit at home, it's a beautiful piano with impeccable tone to it, don't wanna waste it. I'm thinking to let it go at a very discounted price so please contact me at 91894970 if anyone is interested.</font></font>

Thanks herbal/pp
happy.gif

Lyn,
It's been v hectic for me since i started work... 3 weeks after starting work, I'm sick again. Last nt i was having chills but no fever though. I think i need a break soon.

PP,
Next thing on my agenda is to prepare F for preschool. Been searching around for one...I havent registered her though.

<font face="tahoma"> tinklebell,
congratulations that A managed to get in Cat High! Where do you intend to send F to?

sunflower,
sorry, i think i must have missed out your postings earlier... you're now SAHM too? </font>

sunflower

where u move to now? tt time i thought i saw your post tt u say u move to east?

aishite...

next week sound good lei...been v lazy to get out of house...always stay home &amp; laze around or do some cleaning....let me koe if u got any plans...c if celeste or paula n the rest can take leave.,....

<font face="tahoma"> sunflower,
i see...

my office also at east area, which part??? if nearby we might be able to meet! </font>

Lyn
Solid, c u at the festival tmrw. Joyfulmum and her dad will be there too.

Other mummies, Angeline
Next week go where? Anyone can suggest, I currently have zero inspiration. Fidgets, science centre, anywhere? Once the brain juice starts churning, then I will have some idea. Too bad I am banned from driving for a little while, otherwise I can bring all of us to some faraway animal farm.

Btw, the driving ban is not a legal nor government ban hor, it's hubby-imposed one. Cos I had 5 car accidents in 4 months (all self inflicted one, bang wall, bang pillar that kind), so he's phobic whenever I get the car out on my own. In case you gals think I am up against the law and think that my face will appear in the papers one fine day :)

k_ong
can't leh, I just got back from PP, needing to run some work now. Next week you join us lah. Maybe Shan and I go visit u sometime this week.

Sunflower
Gym: i used to put her at JWT Kids gym cos she's physically v strong and has lots of confidence with her body and what not. And I thought the equipment there was more fun, and I started her with the older kids (2.5 yrs to 3.5 yrs) when she was 21 months, which has worked out v well.

Pawprint
Kuedos to you on recognising Ah Girl's unique character and flowing with that, instead of expecting to fit her into a typical mould and structure.

Mummies
Get together, next Wed, 6 Aug, not sure where and when, but book your time first, and lets catch up. Pls feel v happy to shoot along some suggestions !!

1. Aishite + S
2. Dal + JZ

sunflower

oic..thot u move house...haha...long time nv meet up liso...me shd be 35 weeks now...haha.EDD 3rd sept..around 1 more month ba...

aishite

haha..i just went fidgets on sunday..very fun place.tink shannon will like it...defintely a place for them to burn their energy..but tots above 2 pays $15 for unlimited play n u need 1 adults to supervise coz some of the slides etc abit high...

Mummies
Get together, next Wed, 6 Aug, not sure where and when, but book your time first, and lets catch up. Pls feel v happy to shoot along some suggestions !!

1. Aishite + S
2. Dal + JZ
3. Angeline + C

Aishite : heehee, ok ok, next week on !!
was thinking of going to the flower show tomorrow too, if time permits - will sms u la ...

Mummies

1. Aishite + S
2. Dal + JZ
3. Angeline + C
4. K_Ong + 2Ks + helper

Aishite : heehee, ok ok, next week on !!
was thinking of going to the flower show tomorrow too, if time permits - will sms u la ...

Mummies

1. Aishite + S
2. Dal + JZ
3. Angeline + C
4. K_Ong + 2Ks + helper
5. Cutie + Z (TBC)

mspiggy,
i want to send Fiona to st nics but i'm out of 1km so most likely no chance. Maybe i'll send Fiona to Marymount convent since historically no balloting required.

ashite,
so fun! i wish i could join in .

angeline,
where is "fidgets"?

Back