(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

celeste,

wah... your post so bold & red, sure can't miss.
when is C starting at SBB?


panda,

How's J? better?


re: saying goodbye

agree with Lyn & Joyfulm, should say our goodbye, where we going, what time come back and not just disappear. Also don't use 'mummy go toilet' as an excuse to get away, if not next time, your little todd will never let you go toilet as he/her register toilet visit as a very loooooonnnnggg disappearing act.
 


Amy, i've also emailed you BUT dunno why all the mails i send out seem to be going into people's junk mailbox. so in case u never receive my email... i've posted it here.
 
tinklebell,

when are you due?
happy.gif
so exciting, a princess!!


mspiggy,

when will you know if its gal/boy?
 
mspiggy - u were asking GD or SM good rite?

For me, i started with GD first....
(also becos tat time i dunno anything abt SM lah! hahhaa)

but i find GD is more like foundation... focus on "flash words, black/white images, dots" and also motor skills.

SM - more of when kid is older... can expect small output like looking at which pic, or following a speed reading book.

some SM skills u can do for infant maybe would be "eye training, photomemory - using their eyes".

MY SM/GD knowledge only like tat lah. hahaa
think guru must ask Lyn n poohy. :p
 
<font face="tahoma"> Celeste,
Thanks
happy.gif


Sunflower,
not sure.. during NT scan, gynae can't see anything between the legs but she said too early to comment hence she's not saying anything. i also agree too early at this pt. i guess maybe during next visit in May else will be during the detailed scan.

MTDT,
thanks for the info. it's helpful enough for me.
happy.gif


personally i prefer SM, must go find out more. for SM beside attending the classes, do parents have to go attend seminar to learn how to teach at home?</font>
 
vivi

hope you will be able to get a good school for your next search...
happy.gif


Lyn

wah..so fast contraception liao..hehe..ask liao tell me hor..coz i oso dun want to tie up so early but hor scare wait accident..haiz...

celeste

haha..u wait long long lah..kelly wun go there lah..so far......HFMD? then n must be more frequent in cleaning chelsia..esp the hands/legs/ etc..mus bathe immediately aft come back home. my PD told me 1.

sunflower

long time nv see n &amp; xander liao..hehe..no more gathering?
 
lyn,
ya, unless you see the degree cert, else dun treat them as have finish the whole course. My agent did show me the copy of the cert. Of cos, the myanmar ppl tend to be more honest too, haven encountered lie abt age, lie about experience etc.
The agent i have work with a burmese supplier in yangon. That supplier have a school that teach them coversational english and the basic housework. But bearing in mind we have diff appliances, so best is to treat them as totally dunno anything. For example, their way of cutting fish cake or meat, is thick slices...really thick leh..I can cut 3 slice in her 1 slice. So must teach her loh.
 
vivi,

sorry to hear about your boy's falls.. I will be so heartached if it happen to J. My S also got bruises and fell a few times in school... now he got scar on his leg liao
sad.gif
I am trying v hard to put Aloe Vera cream for him to see if it will go away with time.

which other CC do u have in mind? u ever consider Pat's at Arena? Another place which can be accessible by school bus would be the Town4Kids (at the other swimming/sports complex in Jurong)

re: hfmd

my 2 kiddos whole week never goes school. My hb on ICT for 2 weeks liao. Monday I was on leave so never bring them. Tuesday I brought S there on cab and end up teacher said he got 1 ulcer so gotta bring to see doc to play safe. So ended up I took leave to bring him to doc. Its not hfmd... its just that one ulcer till now. But I kept the 2 of them at home cos the school has a case of hfmd... so just keep them away for a while since hb not around .. transport is a BIG problem.
 
poohy,

i went to pat's schoolhouse when my boy is still a baby as i wanna look for infant care. Pat's sch house looks dark and gloomy so in the end , we didnt choose it.

I think the one at jalan bahar and talentplus at blk 65+.
 
lyn,
haha... u know when i go out to eat, i cant sit for too long n will have to avoid eateries with hard wooden chairs cos my butt hurts after sitting on them even for a while.

sunflower,
i am due on 20th apr... counting the days lor.
 
Vivi, I have ever read about your boy's cc from another thread, seems like more negative feedback then positive ones, good choice to change cc, D can adapt very well so changing cc should not be a problem for him.

Angeline, I try to put Jerica to bed at 9 plus, so normally by 10 she will be asleep. On some nights, she will talk and play on the bed and refuse to sleep, so in the end will sleep around 10.30pm.

Mum2B, I feed Jerica the ingredients in the soup. You can cut the vegetables into small bite size cubes since our toddlers have teeth to chew them. For meat, its big chunk for flavour only, I will remove before feeding.
 
vivi,

could it be that u went at a time the kids were taking nap? I am also considering Pat's for my no3 infant care.

talentplus at jalan bahar... that's one of the first place I visited.. but I dun really like it... cos the teachers does not seemed to be able to keep a close watch on the children. When I was there, the kids are literally doing their own things... not following instructions. But the place is so convenient for my mum to fetch them.. sigh.
 
vivi - ur cc is MMI rite?
think so far the MMI@PSA is only one tat i hear good comments abt.

poohy - infantcare? why? ur mom raise white flag liao?
 
poohy! LW has a case of HFM? is it AM or PM session? no wonder din see your J yesterday when i picked up J.
 
Spicegal,

ya lor. sigh... I hope so.

poohy ,

ya went during their nap time. Not much teacher around.

That time i went, theres one kid not sleeping and just playing around and no teacher to jagar him.

oh really. Heard alot of good comments. Will check it out again. Else, westwood also has a cc.

Mtdt,

ya. Oh really. PSA ah abit out of the way. sigh
 
tinklebell - wow... due on 20th April, so fast hor! looking forward to your bb's pic. btw, what's her name?
happy.gif


vv - think there is a church cc along west coast rd - opp the market.

mic - thanks for your prompt reply.
happy.gif
 
toto,

thanks for it.

Will go n have a look at it.
If good, then maybe i will register D there. And he will travel with me.. Heehee
 
<font face="tahoma"> tinklebell,
have a smooth delivery! keep us posted!
happy.gif


vivi/MTDT,
i thought MMI @ Thomson is not bad also. my neighbour's son is attending. </font>
 
vivi,

hope to hear your reviews of the other CC. Keep my options open too
happy.gif


toto,

ya I heard got 1 case of hfmd in LW but I think its not in raintree. Looking forward to sending J back to school next week... she is really bored at home, climbing high and low liao. Nowadays, she can go to school at 1pm (if I need her to go earlier) and go home around 6:45pm... when I reached there last week to pick her up, she was not crying... so I hope she is doing well and coping well there liao.

Her language improves a lot recently. Maybe becos attending school.. at home,she is now chanting 1-10 all day. Last week, I wake up in the middle of the night cos she wakes for night feed, and heard her counting 1-10. She can count to 19... but that one not that regular and accurate. Her self feeding skills improved greatly also...
 
MTDT,

no lah my mum still insisting no maids and she will try to cope. But I feel she aged a lot taking care of my 2 kiddos already... if take care of 3 all by herself... really too much. That's why I am exploring part time cleaner or infant care or combination.

In the morning will not be a problem since my 2 older ones will be in school together. In the afternoon they will be sleeping but still can have things to do when 2 cry for attention at the same time. So I thought maybe on some days, bb goes to infant care, on other days, there will be a part time cleaner coming in late afternoon to help with household chores lor.

All these arrangement much more expensive than having one maid. I had considered maid to be the most cost effective solution which can improve my own quality of life... but I am also quite scared of handling maid... dunno what will happen.
 
vivi,
Which type you using? kekeke...


celeste,
Which nationality you looking for? I think I more or less settled with Myanmar maid. My mum dun like Indon. She told me she saw lots of Myanmar workers in JB nowadays. And all of them speak good English! She was very impressed.


sunflower,
hahaha... A will check on me if I really in the toilet.


mspiggy,
Parents' attitude to raising the child is very important according to Prof. Shichida. Constant input of knowledge will be effective when there's lots of loves showered on the kid. If you read Chinese, you can read some of his books. I have about 20 titles.. kekeke.. but no time to read all :p


angeline,
#4 cannot come so fast leh.. accident how? So must consider that already. hahaha...


Ivy,
The agent I talked to also has a partner in Yangon. They have their own training center. No training in washing machine, but I will want the maid to operate washing machine cos dun wan her to waste time washing clothes. I need her to cut vegetables. kekeke... I hate that man... Prepare A's soup, I gotta prepare 1 hour everytime.. Make me very emotionally unstable when I think I should spend that time with A, not cutting vegetables!


tinklebell,
You remind me of those hard chairs! Oh... super uncomfortable. Butt pain and backache. Cannot wait to eat fast fast and leave...
 
poohy, oh wow - J's speech improved alot! my J benefitted from PG too. at least, he is trying to talk more, make actions associated with words, and can speak some mandarin words.
happy.gif


btw - will you be attending the SCC outing on 24th April? think there is a separate session for AM and PM students.

poohy, pray you will find a good helper. my helper is God sent... took me many months to find her.
 
sunflower,

yap, the princess will start with "C".... maybe is Cheryl..

poohy,

LW got HFMD?? yesterday, the teacher said no leh...
"scratch head"..
 
Hi, mummies,
Been quite a while since I chatted here. Just finished browsing the posts I missed. Have false alarm over last weekend, thought I’m going to give birth, turn out not so. Phew…..

Soup
Wow, so many soup recipes! Really useful for me man, think I’m going to cook soup very often when I go to UK, cos that will be the easiest to cook and hb and I and xin en can take that together, only need to cook separately for no. 2. Probably have to bring some Chinese foodstuff like wolfberries, red dates, black bean over there, otherwise, I will have limited ingredients to cook.

Diet
So far, Xin En is basically still on no salt, no sugar, no oil diet too. In fact, she’s still eating brown rice and white rice porridge everyday for lunch &amp; dinner, breakfast will be oats. She has not eaten rice yet, cos my grandma believes in giving rice only after she turns 2 yrs old and her digestive system is better. My PD also told me kids chew only after 2, so I follow my grandma’s advice. Though sometimes I worry that Xin En’s diet is very restricted. Last time when I do marketing myself, I will buy a variety of food for my MIL to add to her porridge. Now my hb or MIL does the marketing, it’s always only broccoli/carrot/pinach/ + fish. And fruit is always apple or pear, no variety at all. So boring. I try to feed her other kinds of food over weekend, like mee suah/pasta, yoghurt, strawberries, grapes, etc.

She’s going to turn 2 soon, &amp; I will be on maternity leave then, hopefully will have more time to add variety to her diet.

Joyfulmum,
My sis bought me some nuts from fave.com.sg before, not bad….
 
<font face="tahoma"> poohy,
your mum is really great! am already thinking of getting a helper for my mum when #2 arrives... i think it's too much for her since wes is not attending PG yet.

lyn,
i cant really read chinese... *ashame* </font>
 
toto
Havent finalised the name yet... still cracking our heads for that.

happymum,
when's ur EDD?
I also feel that my girl's diet is q restricted.
Black bean soup? how to cook that? black bean can be found in supermarket? drool... my favorite soup... havent had that for ages.

toto/poohy,
Really have to pray v hard for a good helper. Otherwise, it's thru recommendation. I find the biodatas and interviews sometimes q crabby and can be fake. It's only overtime u see the person's true colors and capability.
 
Tinklebell &amp; Happymum, have a smooth delivery...do update us with your new borns' photos.

Lyn &amp; Kissbb, both of you also have ABCs at home...

Lyn, wah your hubby really good ah...wants to have so many kids, both hubby and I wants to stop at 2..hopefully...
 
tinklebell,
My EDD is 7 May. I'm going into my 37th week now. Dunno why this 2nd pregancy, I'm very paranoid about giving birth early, but really hope baby can stay in my tummy a while longer, as she's smaller compared to xin en, so hope she can stay longer and gain more wt. But sometimes also cannot tahan liao, feel very heavy and hot now, my legs and back always feel very painful, maybe cos I have to walk and stand alot for my work.

When is your EDD? Wow, admire you having no. 3. I would love to have 3 or more kids too, but I really dread the 9 mths of pregancy, so thinking of stopping at 2....

I dunno how to cook black bean soup too, but I see my mum just add water, black bean and lean pork in slow cooker, after a few hours, done!! I love it too, gg to ask my mum cook that for me during my confinement, haha. My mum buy black bean from wet market. Mayb MTDT or spicegal will know if supermarket sells?
 
Tinklebell,
Who takes care of F when you are at work?

Xin En has tried food like cheese, watermelon, rock melon, hot dog at JG, but she doesn't like them. But she loves biscuits and bread.

Now what really worries me is tat she only likes to take fish, doesn't like to eat pork or chicken. Think she finds them hard to swallow. I keep asking my MIL to give her pork and chicken regularly, but she says fish is better, sld give fish if possible, pork or chicken give only when cannot buy fresh fish. Last time, I will buy cod fish and threadfin. Nowadays, MIL or hb only buy threadfin for her...
 
MTDT, Zavier is so cute!! Good that he is so friendly...I totally understand what you mean by 'stares', we often educate Jerica to call Auntie/Uncle/Kor Kor/Jie Jie when we see strangers/neighbours/kids in the lift or when we are outside, normally Jerica will respond with a shy smile or faint wave, some will respond with a nice smile and try to talk to Jerica but I also do get cold stares and transparent treatment as if we are aliens or totally transparent. After we leave the place, I will always tell Jerica 'next time we must not be like them'..
 
Tinklebell, I need to check with my mum whether supermarket sells black bean cos normally she buys them, ingredients for the black bean soup are black bean, peanuts, lean pork/pork ribs, red dates, can also add chicken feet if you like.
 
happymum,
wow so that's less than 1 mth fr now.
i also hope bb doesnt come out so fast cos i am still having a bad cough following tonsilitis and runny nose last week. I have been Coughing until i feel as if my ribs r falling off! BB's edd is 10 days fr now but i feel v tired after this spate of illness.

my maid and in laws take care of F. i didnt really plan for no 3 so soon. was q an accident after while weaning F off breastfeeding. but my hub and i did want to have 3 eventually.

spicegal,
making me drool again ...... :p
 
celeste,

haha.. you really cheoing classmates for C?
happy.gif
)
its one of our choices though still need to consider distance.


duffybuff,

have you consider St Francis Xavier CC?? heard anything about it?


mspiggy,

update us when you have news
happy.gif



angeline,

ya. missed all the outings
sad.gif

so fun to go out with the todds and mummies
happy.gif

anyway I'm thinking of "open invitation" to botanical garden twice/month, sat morning to go run and play
happy.gif



tinklebell,

that's 10 more days!!! wow!! so happy for you
happy.gif

take care, have a smooth delivery and post your princess' photo here


kissbb,

so nice, ABC
happy.gif
 
spicegal,

wah.... your arrow so fast !!!
got huh, see the "open invite" to botanical garden
happy.gif
heeheee.....
ok la, maybe May can do something.
 
Cheri,
For TELC, 900 plus for full day very x leh. But the price is before or after subisdy ? Are u working ard that area ?
 
gd morn ladies

Been MIA for sometimes. Hv been readin posts via my hp but didnt post.. So many gd news. Congrats to u, Valerie
happy.gif
and kissbb, 3rd one is a princess. Can close shop liao. Hehe.

Will post Shannon mei mei photo later in e day. She is a Big baby. 3.8kg at Day 10. Chat later
 


Vit C / multi-vitamins
Any mummies giving vit c or multi-vitamins to yr toddler regularly? I notice Xin En keeps falling sick, esp with flu this year, thinking of giving her some vit to boost her immunity. Vit C better of multi-vit better? Where can I get them?

Flu vaccine
Any mummies let yr toddler take flu vaccine? Thinking of givng to xin en too, wonder if it will help to prevent her getting flu often, esp when nowadays weather is so bad.
 

Back
Top