(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

mtdt,
hmm... I might not want my parents to "train" the maid, cos we might have different ways of doing things. I am not sure if the maid should listen to only one person.


okipoki,
I just asked my mum. She said I should get the maid after my hubby's reservist. Gotta ask my hubby tonite. He went to work today.


Ivy,
I have sent you a PM
happy.gif

Do you teach her how to pronounce the words properly? Does she learn fast? hmm... I scared later A learn all the improper pronunciation.


rodeo,
I dun mind eating Burmese food. kekeke... If they can cook and do housework, quite good already.
Ok, so now I know if get Myanmar maid, gotta get one with Uni degree.


Angeline,
I read from Glen Doman book that we should not sneak out. Wherever we are going, gotta tell our toddlers. I experienced that in JG before I gave birth. I sneaked out once to the toilet. He could not find me in class and started crying, and I had a super duper clingy A for the rest of the week! After I read the tip from the book, I started to practice what was recommended. He's fine when I need to get out of the class for a while. And now, even when I go out, he's fine with it as long as I tell him that I am going out, and when I will be back. It's like asking permission from A. And tell him things like mommy will be back after your nap and your dinner. Or mommy will be back when you wake up in the morning, after your milk, after your shower, etc. And you be a good boy for por-por.
When we are suppose to be there, and not there, to them, it's like mommy has disappeared into thin air. It will cause insecurity in them. The first few times when you tell them that you are leaving, they will cry a little. After a few times, and you kept your promise everytime, they will learn to trust you and feel more secured.
When I gotta stay in the hospital, I told A that he will be going home with daddy, and mommy will not be going home. He will see mommy tomorrow after his milk, after his shower, after his rice and soup, after his nap. And he be a good boy for daddy, ok? I make sure he say ok. And make sure he's willing to wave bye bye before leaving. He was very calm and did not cry at all when his daddy brought him home and slept through the night.
Maybe the night before you start to tell Celeste that she's going to school the next morning when she wakes up. Then tell her the whole process that she will change into her uniform, leave house, say goodbye, car ride, reach school, see teacher, bye bye mommy, play with friends, etc. Then when she wakes up, repeat again... It might help in calming her and knows what to expect.


Paula,
I do not use meat in soups for A. You can add pork ribs if you want. My mum will sometimes add frog legs into his soup to boil.

Lotus root soup:
Lotus root, red dates, wolfberries, chestnut, "zhen1 zhu1 dou4", cashew nuts ( sometimes), black beans, soya beans.

Radish soup:
Radish, carrots, red dates, wolfberries, sweet corn.

Potato soup:
Potato, carrots, sweet corn, shiitake or brown mushroom, cherry tomato, wakame seaweed (sometimes), soya beans, peanuts (if I can get fresh ones)

Usually I will boil more than an hour. Sometimes two hours under slow fire, so that the soup will have stronger taste. I have thermal cooker, but does not seem be able to boil tasty soup.
 


kissbb,
Congratulations! Are you going to stop at 3? Or another one?
So far, fully breastfeeding. Only supplemented while in hospital. In fact, 100% FM in hospital. hee... cos I needed rest. I am using football clutch both sides when feeding both togather. Just started to pump once a day last week to store.


sunflower,
I might consider Nanyang Primary. kekeke... worse come to worse, go to any kindy that I can find lobang... Just gotta know my BIL has friends in childcare and kindy biz... He's in enrichment classes biz, so I believe he will have lobang somewhere out there... kekeke...
 
<font face="tahoma"> lyn,
you really steady! you bf both of them at the same time! WOW!!!!

thanks... will try to rest more while i can
happy.gif
</font>
 
wow... interesting soup recipes... but seemed limited le.

i make the following - i add wolfberries and red dates in most of my soups.
- ABC or a variety of similar soup
- apple/pear and seaweed/toufu soup
- lotus root
- kow kei soup with egg white
- watercrest soup

J loves tomatoes (he can take 4 tomatoes and 4 bowls of soup). he loves sweet corn as well.
happy.gif


i normally boil for 3 hours at least. would like to experiment with western style corn/chicken or spinach soup - but not sure whether the consistency will be too thick for my Chinese boy. ha ha
happy.gif


paula - K loves black chicken soup? is it double boiled?
 
mspiggy,
Yes.. Try to rest more when you can.
My sis and mum are amazed how I latch on both! hahaha... And my hubby too. The lactation nurse taught me how while in hospital
happy.gif
Now I got B breast and C breast. hahaha... One baby one side. No need to worry about foremilk, hindmilk, empty breasts... kekeke...


toto,
How to boil apple/pear soup? What are the ingredients?
Seaweed/tofu soup also boils for 3 hours? Which type of seaweed do you use?
 
lyn, apple + pork + nan bei han nuts + toufu + seaweed - comes in a big circle chunck - ke ke...i boil till seaweed disintegrates into the soup...
 
<font face="tahoma"> lyn,
yeah, am amazed too! i had problem latching on just 1 baby! am so useless... hehehee

my MS is not improving, hope it will go away really soon. realised i become more short-tempered, get irriated very easily! MUST CONTROL!!!! </font>
 
mspiggy,

keke... guess what? I misread MS = milk supply.
then aiya, slap head, its MS = morning sickness!
cos lyn's previous post was on BM haha... :p
 
Kissbb, congrats!! Got 1 'hao' already.

Mspiggy, hope yours is also a girl...glad to hear that everythings fine...you are reaching 2nd trimester soon right? MS should go away by then..

Re : Soups Recipes (with wolfberries/red dates)
- carrot, potato, tomatoes, pork ribs, dried scallop
- szechuan vegetable, potato, pork ribs
- radish, carrot, dried scallop, pork ribs
- lotus root, peanut, pork ribs
- black bean, peanut, pork ribs
- corn, carrot, pork ribs, dried scallop
- tomato, broccoli, carrot, dried scallop, prok rib
- white fungus, button mushroom, prok ribs, dried scallop

Lyn, wah...you very good ah...can latch both at the same time..
 
Toto, Jerica also loves tomatoes in her soup. Her favourite is carrot, potato and tomatoes soup. You can try cream soup, if find it too thick, dilute with water, Jerica also likes cream soup.
 
<font face="tahoma"> sunflower,
hahahahaha i no supply now! kekekeeee

spicegal,
yeah really hope it will go away soon... didnt feel as terrible when i had Wes. but in a way, helped me to control my weight gain. keke</font>
 
thanks for all the congrats!!

Will be offically "CLOSE SHOP" after this princess liao... cannot tahan the MS of the pregancy.
 
toto,
Does the tofu harden after boiling for 3 hours? Which type of apple do you use for soup? hmm... I wanna try apple soup
happy.gif



mspiggy,
It's about practice and perseverance for breastfeeding.
Do you used to have constipation? According to Shichida, MS can worsen with constipation.
When we get tired, not easy to control our temper.
 
kissbb : congratz !!! what great news we have been receiving these 2 days !!!
happy.gif


Lyn : i'll sms you his contacts ok ? but he doesnt really recommend helpers from Myamnar cuz of the language problem, nonetheless, do give him a call and see how he can help u !!!

Kissbb/Mspiggy : sigh ... MS is really the bane of our pregnancies eh ? mine was REALLY bad this time round
sad.gif


Mspiggy : totally understand how you feel !!! i was sooo snappy and moody in my first tri !!! haahaa
am much much chirper now, in fact, buying post-preggie clothes ! hahaaa, i made the sales lady promise to let me exchange the size (she offered to alter FOC) if i cant fit into the clothes after pregnancy keekeee
 
<font face="tahoma"> lyn,
i used to have constipation... no wonder MS really bad then! now not much of that problem though diet pretty much the same. not sure why also.

KOng,
yeah recalled your blog earlier. yours really bad. so glad everything's over now!

wow... shopping for post-preggie clothings already! way to go!!!</font>
 
okipoki &amp; mum2B
telc is $775 for half day &amp; abt $900 for full day...after deducting subsidies for non working mum. Still v ex but i like the sch...those ard my place oso not that cheap..maybe 1-200s cheaper so we will prob go for TELC
 
lyn - wow.. impressed with the tandem bf!!! save time n both can drink at the same time! :p

must be a "cute" sight too!! hahhaha
 
lyn:
A love soups? he can finish 1 bowl? wont drip when feed him using spoon? Imagine i give C 1 bowl she drinks only 1/2 bowl, the other half is like dripping here n there. Or maybe e spoon i m using not too good.
 
KOng,
Thank you in advance for the contact
happy.gif

Wow... So fast shopping for post preggie clothes! I am waiting to get back in shape to wear pre-preggie clothes leh... haiz... tummy... though shrink a lot already, but still look pregnant.. sobs...


mspiggy,
From alternative health point of view, toxic will build up in the body if get constipation. During pregnancy, our body try to clean and detox to get the best condition for baby. There are several ways our body detox. The fastest is through the skin. Some people get lots of pimples and rashes. MS is also body getting rid of toxins.


kite,
First 3 days when we got back from hospital was really bad. I think not enough milk also. Cos in the hospital I was engorged and did not breastfeed, so supply dropped. I latched everytime to increase supply. I think now is oversupply. I feed on demand now, cos I tried waking the twins up before, and they can just sleep!


kite, mtdt,
hahaha... I find it funny initially too! "Giap" two babies under each armpit and breastfeed! hahaha... I am hoping both can wake up togather to feed! Save time... Now gotta learn how to breastfeed them if we go out. I cannot be bringing pillows everywhere...


kite,
A can finish 1.5 bowls of soup! I use our normal metal tablespoon. The spoon we adults use to eat rice. kekeke... my mum everytime complained too big for his mouth. But he still can eat and drink soup, so ok. I dun have to bring spoon everytime we go out... kekeke...
hmm... my hubby and MIL hate to feed soup. Everytime if asked them to feed A, he only drinks half a bowl of soup. Cos the soup will drip everywhere. hahaha... gotta master the skill of feeding soup. Put the spoon of soup into the mouth, tilt spoon a little, hold for a second or two before taking out the spoon, else will drip. My MIL will "ration" his soup too
sad.gif
 
re soup - i have cultivated a bad habit in J - he drinks his soup two hands, holding the rice bowl... now cannot stop this bad habit...

re toufu - yes, the toufu can be quite hard if you buy those soup toufu... i sometimes use the silky toufu instead.
happy.gif


lyn ah... how come you have time to chat with us ah? you really super duper, 3 kids and BFing... wow... are you sleeping well at nite? me with only 1 - always tired liao... pei fu pei fu...
 
Kite...try a bigger spoon like the Mac breakfast plastic spoon, deep enough to hold the soup, and dun feed too much soup at 1 time...push the whole spoon in the mouth and pour in before taking out...otherwise sure drip everywhere.

Toto, Jerica sometimes also drinks soup like your J, I never teach her that at home, she must have learnt from the cc.
 
toto,
hee... Just now my mum brought A out for lunch. Then now napping
happy.gif

Just fed B, now waiting for C to wake up. Chat here while surfing web to look at Bio-data. Later gotta go online do the course. Last nite was quite tired, so slept quite early. At nite, if they wake individually, I put them on my bed and feed and I sleep. kekeke...
I reduced a lot of attention on A already
sad.gif
Nowadays, hardly read to him and not much flashcards.
 
lyn,
wow tandem nursing, very impressive.. do you do it when sitting down or loying down on bed? for me even with 1 baby i failed miserably in nursing.
i only add herbs in tuna potato pie. i tried adding herbs into pasta but she doesn't like.
btw ur children's nicks are so nice A,B,C.. next time prepare for a D name
happy.gif


kissbb,
congrats
happy.gif
complete already 2 boys and 1 girl.

paula,
caterpillar's cove is way to ex for me :p
wow ur soups sound yummy! err.. i have silly question, when feeding soup, do u only feed the soup water only or with the ingredients inside? was thinking that after boiling 1 hour+, the soupd will be nutritious, but the ingredients are not?
 
<font face="tahoma"> Lyn,
what you said makes sense, when i was carrying Wes i had not much MS but had pimples on my back! Now didnt have pimples *touchwood* but had more MS.

my vomitting is triggered by the weirdest thing! like wearing / taking contact lens off, felt the "pricking" sensation hence trigger my vomitting! and the slightest smell will make me puke too!
sad.gif
</font>
 
mum2b - i feed the "liao" in the soup too. of cos the small pcs of ingredients.
zav loves the wolfberries &amp; blackbeans.
happy.gif
 
Hi krisbb,
Congrats! U must be v happy that no 3 is a girl.

mspiggy/ KOng
I also have v bad MS this time round. To think I didnt realise how bad MS can be before this... kekeke... gotta bring with me plastic bags when i go out during the whole of first trimester.
And funny thing was that i craved so much for macdonalds french fries :p
 
kissbb,

Your gal going to be a 'C' ? since you have an A &amp; B
happy.gif



re: spoons

I like the nestle spoon which I got from baby fair as free gift last year. keke.. its nice and deep. another spoon is the one that comes with the tiger food jar, also good to use
happy.gif
 
sunflower,
Yup yup, getting for C for warm water. Doc said she cannot drink water that place in the room temperature due to the prolong cough she is having. Thinking to have luke warm water for her instead.
 
Spicegal

yaloh..but hor sometimes really very irritating to hear her do that lei.haha.shaming doesnt work on her..btw,wat time does J sleeps now? wat time she needs to wake up the next day? Celest sleeps norm at 10.30am n needs to wake up at 7am. i am trying to push forward her time to 9pm+ zzz...when she woke up at 7,i will feed her 1 btl of milk,change her clothes,feed her supplements n off she goes..

Kissbb

so fast can see liao...so good..mine still wana covers up.haiz.

lyn/joyfulmum

ok.wil try to start 1 of these days..i read those b4 in magazines..Last time in GUG,during their playtime,i will leave the room n left her with hubby.she didnt make any noise then.last week,terrible man..when she saw me not there,she starts to yell mummy already.For CC,hubby will always says all those things..like saying goodbye,say i will pick her up later etc..hopefully,it will improve. Just now when i go pick her up,very funny lei..when she was running towards me,its ok..slowly she starts to jump n cry..seems like shes angry etc...the principal said its because shes too excited to see so she burst into tears because she still doesn't koe how to express herself yet.bue her cry stops very fast 1...

but hor now another problem, last time she used to be able to let me hold her hands n walk together..now,she wants me to carry her..so tiring man.especially with the tummy in the way..wonder how i can make her walk on her own again...
 
mum2B,
Gotta sit up to feed both. I haven't learn the skills of feeding both togather while lying down. I wish I can...
happy.gif
Maybe when they can lift up their heads and crawl. I need the rest at nite...
happy.gif

hahaha... My BIL "brainstormed" names till letter J for me! Told him that will be for him... Baby D, maybe yes, maybe no. If yes, will not be so fast, gotta be at least 3 years from now.


mspiggy,
Will you feel better if you eat fruits?
Ever since I went into reading on alternative health, I am very particular about bowel movement ;) cos that's the very start of many health problems. I did a small survey, people suffering from cancer have constipation problems for decades before getting cancer. So, better make sure bowel movement is good
happy.gif



Joyfulmum,
Yes, it's about respect for the toddlers
happy.gif

hmm.. the feeling guilty part. Think I gotta work on that. I felt more and more guilty towards A now cos I am spending less time on him, and stopped the flashcards sessions
sad.gif



tinklebell,
High five! I also craved for french fries! But I control... Did not step into MacDonalds or any fast food restaurant during preggie... But ate those fries from western food stall.


angeline,
Maybe Celeste after going to CC, is feeling insecured. He's scared that mommy will not return. Once she dun see you, she will feel insecured.
Gotta carry her and give her the attention for the time being. If you force her, it will only get worse, or even hurt her emotionally. The emotional hurt can be permanent if not careful. To make her walk again, gotta start from short distance and build up to a longer distance.
 
Lyn morning!

u oso very early...
happy.gif
ya..can feel her being insecured now..have to slowly let time heal her.even when she walks,she dun want to hold hands already.she will be running here n there n i gota chase after her..but mostly,she will still want me to carry.cham.tummy gettiung bigger,dun koe next time how..haha
 
Soup

See all your soup recipe make me gian to try again...me seldom cook actually.but i promise myself tt once she go into cc,i will start to cook properly again n feed her with those 'nutritious' food. going market later..hmmm..wonder wat soup to do...hehe
 
lyn,
wow letter J.. can form football team with daddy
happy.gif


angeline,
me too! we r not soup drinker, but seeing the recipes make me want to try. btw when u feed soup, just feed soup + rice or also add other side dish? for ingredients like tomatoes, carrots, etc, am i suppose to chop small or cook as a whole? was thinking to use electric slow cooker to cook soup coz my stoves all have big fire flames can't leave it on for hours, can? see.. i'm so blur :p
 
angeline,
I usually wake up at 6am ever since the twins arrive
happy.gif
This morning they woke up for milk at 6am. A also wakes up around this time. So, I gotta change my schedule to wake up early now.

I was still carrying A till the day I gave birth. I was super big already. If you think you can, you can
happy.gif
 


Back
Top