(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

duffybuff.. ur boy in kindy huh?

hol program - the usual ones like JG/Zoophonics/think tian hsia also hv

also check out kinderland kindy hols pgram. looks v interesting.

ya my boy in nursery 2 now.

oh i saw the one at kinderland.. thot of signing him for the "When I grow up" but not sure how good is it?

talking abt PV..for those interested in Rosyth ..their PV application for children born in 2006 is already closed!! Received 100+ applications..will oni shortlist not more than 30 as according to their web

MT..actually am currently staying at yishun now..but my in laws and mom are staying near serangoon area..so thought of rosyth and maybe can move back nearer to them. Didnt know application close so fast!

soh1dful,
I was only late by a day for the submission at Rosyth and they dont even entertain leh. My mum stays a stone throw from Rosyth. Both my niece and nephew are there.

sunflower,
Congrats!
happy.gif

MTDT,
Wow, topic about P1 enrollment.... stressed!

Happy birthday to all June kids!

brought my boy to order his birthday cake on monday... since then he's been asking me "today my birthday" or.. "they'll send the cake today"

happy.gif
I'm infected by his excitement
happy.gif

Sunflower - my boy had been counting down to his birthday since MAY! wahahha....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL MAY/JUN TOTS!
happy.gif

Paula - saw ur FB pics... Kelly is so mature
happy.gif

hi ladies,

wanna check something..

if going by caeserian, is it cannot take ginger and sesame oil during confinement?

if can take, is there a period after operation then can consume? Does this apply to natural?

Thanks for advice

okipoki,

I've not decided yet but I guess high tendency to csect.. first one was emer-csect. Seeing doc this Friday, will discuss with her and finalise haha my doc also like 'huh, you've not decided' heehee

ya, mtdt usually very active le..

Sunflower,

Look at the +ve side
happy.gif
but at least u try mah.

Yes, Chloe is attending berries and personally I find it good. At least she can speak better and read a chinese story book by herself. Haha benefit ppl like me who give excuse "no time to teach and how to teach".

Sunflower,
Basic chinese character, too chim she will ask me
happy.gif
But at least I know she has interest in chinese.

MT,
Sunflower is asking abt c-sect, can u advise?

oki - i wanted to go for berries.. did call but the branches near me are all full.

thus i bought the books from dang dang and teach myself! whahha... he can read a handful of words now. am so happy already :p

Sunflower,
EDD end of July?

MT,
Good, at least u got time to teach him
happy.gif
My Ash is super duper sticky!! worst than Chloe....

hello ladies - wow our thread is active again?

oki - C can read a Chinese book herself? v good le! my J... no clue...

MT - what books would you recommend to get from dang dang? eer... do a dang spree for us le... i am keen! you are ever so resourceful....

sunflower - all the best to your delivery.. keep us posted k?

Sunflower,
Spare me.. not easy to manage 3 kids, 2 already so tired le. Well, keep us posted when u have delivered
happy.gif

Kudos to those with >2 kids. I really wonder how they manage

Toto,
Yes, but more on simpler characters being taught in school & those too chim she will ask
happy.gif
But at least it get her interest.

oki - at least her interest is there. my J, when i take out Chinese books, he will say I dun like Chinese books... gosh.. need to work hard to motivate him to even flip Chinese books, not to mention read.

toto,

to teach chinese yourself, get 四五快读 from either dangdang (cheaper) or in local bulk purchase or yu yi bookshop at bras basah
happy.gif

My kids are not in berries too and I also teach them myself. We started not too long ago and they are both at volume 2 now. They can read simple chinese story books.

wow.. din noe the thread is active again
happy.gif

huh? i organise dang dang spree? cannot lah. think this spress is MASSIVE! :p join spree easier
happy.gif

toto - welcome back
happy.gif
settle all the things already? yes, i also got the 四五快读 from dangdang. using this set to teach Zav.

poohy - vol 2 liao huh? Zav only in Chapter 5.. waahhaa :p but we are really going slow... must see little zayden mood at times. :p

CONGRATS TO SUNFLOWER!
happy.gif

mt,

me too... I was moving very slowly too in Book 1. As I had wanted them to remember every single word before I move. And everyday we revised through all the words taught so far.

But later on, I felt that maybe its not that important to remember every single word very hard before moving on. Reason being, the words are repeatedly used in the sentences later on, so they will get revision when they read. But generally they remember all the words.

Their school taught them quite well in terms of chinese reading vocab so they already know many of the words. But I really like the series, it teaches words that allow them to read a full sentence.

We generally do 1 lesson/chapter a week. I go through with them on the car 3-4 times each week.

poohy - haha ya ya. same.

this set is just like "peter and jane" chinese version.

the new words get repeated and repeated later. gd for the kids
happy.gif

i only do it at nite.. so if little zayden needs my attention tat nite, we wont do much but just play ard
happy.gif

<font face="georgia"><font color="0000ff">Hi joyfulmom and sunflower,
congrats congrats!!!!!

didnt even know you gals have delivered!!!!
happy.gif
</font></font>

Back