(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

mtdt,

heehee both of them can ^5
happy.gif

he'll also say things like I'll teach baby this & that..
how's your 2 little princes?

yup, finally settle on a name Aidan

Hi hi,

Pop by to say Hello...been crazy with no. 2 around..hehe.

Sunflower, bbloh, thanks on info.

Took G 2 weeks to accept bb. Now a loving jie jie. Thank God!
happy.gif

Think Berries been known for fun progamme? Some moms in this thread sent kids there too. G went for a few lessons end of a term and had fun. They move kids between AV room and class room. Also accommodate diff learning style...kinestic, visual, audio. No experience with Tien Xia though. But well finally, I decided to teach her myself to save money..keke. Rather use the fees to buy books and own materials.
happy.gif

Angeline,

Chloe is with Berries and she enjoys every lesson
happy.gif
No experience with Tien Hsia but I heard is equally good. There are a few June's todds in the same centre as Chloe.

Sunflower,
I alway think that is not easy to find a boy's name. My friend's son also Aidan & hubby alway joke as Ai Dan in chinese.

Berries..

Celest began her 1st lesson at Berries Orchard branch last week already..hehe..lets hope can see some improvement...

sunflower

hmm,the recept ladies said 1st time can sit in but the teacher advises not coz the kid cant concentrate if we were in the room n the room isnt very big..actually, personally i prefer the feel of Berries n the enviroment..but the bad thing is they got no waiting place for parents.Tien hsia got a big area for parents wait around n newspaper to read...haha..xiaver so cute, tink he will be very happy to c the bb when hes out..my 2 princess same..everyday need to shout at them to prevent them from fighting n snatching toys..just that carine still hasnt speaks alot yet..her vocab v limited...starting to worry..till now, she can only say Mama, papa, please, bird, mum mum for food, plane, star,bubble....

joyfulmum

thats good if u can teach her, for me i dun have the patience to teach n also my chinese all return to teacher already..haha..i am also learning wif her whenever i teach her chinese..

oki

which branch chloe with? me at orchard palais ...during the flashcard lesson, tink she abit lost coz she dun recognise the words n was abit unsure n kept quiet..haiz,feel abit bad when saw that..tink i shd start carine from N1 onwards better..but later celest began to copy what others are saying liao..hehe

hihi mummies!

Berries,
AnB are in berries also.. same as Chloe.. at west coast. So far so good. Though they still prefer English lesson.

sunflower,
Aidan!! Brother Aiden will like to meet u!! Nice name right!! haha

joyfulmum,

congrats to yr new born! must be busy right? Great to hear G love and accept bb!

oki,
where is C cc now?? nearby west coast also?

Angeline,
Chloe is in the same centre as AnB (Kissbb), Kite's girl Chloe and Mum2b's Felicia is in the same class
happy.gif
So far Chloe is able to recognise almost every characters but of cos we do homework at home and she loves chinese.

Kissbb,
Chloe is not with CC, my MIL is taking care of her and she is attending Faith Methodist Kindy @ Commomwealth
happy.gif

Actually what are you kids attending now. list down leh... :p

MTDT - Zavier (Full day CC)
1) Piano @ Mandeville
2) Art @ Homebased art sch
3) Swim @ CC
4) Intend to add Eng S&D....
5) Intend to add Chinese (Maybe Berries? haha)

oki,

at least now settle on english name.. now still pondering over chinese name!!

angeline,

don't worry, different child has different development milestones, I'm sure little C will pick soon at her own pace.
happy.gif
Orchard pal v. popular right? tough to get places??
I'm also thinking to place X to chinese class but I'm worried about "overloading" him as he's already at full day school.

kissbb,

haha ^5 must let both A's meet okay?

mtdt,

Z likes the art class? I brought X for a art trial class, after that asked him if he wants to attend art class, he said "No"
sad.gif
but after that class, he was super-on in taking out his art materials but then that zeal died a naturally death in about 2 weeks :p haha

I'm planning to add in swim class for him, trying to source for swim coach now.

Thought of adding chinese class (Berries, TianHsia or whichever) too but hesitating as I don't want to pile him with too much enrichment class.

How are you coping with #2? next time round, you'll have more classes to attend ;)

sunflower - yeah, Zav loves his art class. maybe becos it's a small class of only 2 kids. so alot of attention give to him.

I also very scare of loading him. Swim is during his CC time. so in a way gd, relieve me of bringing him on wkend :p Eng/chi - I had been thinking for a long long long time... still dun dare to action. hahaha

Supplements - actually hardly give now as he seems ok *jinx*. before that i had been giving him propolis. dont know is it tis or TCM Medi that does wonders for him.
happy.gif

No2 - ya, i scare of the tot of going for 2 enrichment classes next time! wkend all burn just running ard for classes! how boring! wahaha

mtdt,

tat's good that he likes his art class.
same here lor, eng/chin classes - don't want to overload since these should be covered in daily school. plus I don't want to fill up weekends with classes & classes - yicks. must have time for play
happy.gif
haha

re: supplements
hmmm ic.. I don't give X any supplements at moment. but been wondering if I should and what should I give.

#2 : heehee next time I'll ask you how you juggle.
Now I'm thinking in another year, how I cope with the classes? haha..

sunflower = ask me how to juggle?
aiyo... so many experience mummies here..

can shout for help from poohy/toto (she is back in sin!:p), lyn etc. all of them hv 3 kids leh! hahaha :p

mtdt

those within 1 km ...meetoh, rivervale. sigh, not sure if i shd just go for my hubby's old school..but distance abit far

sunflower - yes, i know of pple tat already know their PV status. stress hor!! :p

Steffi - u stay near me huh? :p
where is ur hubby old sch?

if i hv a "old sch" to go.. i sure cheong! :p

<font color="aa00aa">I'm giving E one Rainbow Light Multivitamin to chew daily. He loves it but still fall sick sometimes (he's attending full day CC too).

So we can apply for PV two years before P1 registration? I thought it's only one year in advance.</font>

Good to see the thread alive again
happy.gif

sunflower,

I am giving the kids the usual nordic natural fish oil daily... and when they are sick I give them culturelle Lacto-GG. I think that's about all I give regularly.... oh I also give them a sprinkle of wheat germ on their rice during dinner time daily.

re: classes

My kids have a surprisingly reducing number of classes these days. They used to have more when they were younger.

Samuel:
- individual violin class (sat am)
- abacus class (sat pm)
- group violin class (sat pm)
- English S &amp; D (in school)
- swim class (sunday pm)

Joelle:
- music appreciation (last class ended last week)
- abacus class (sat pm)
- swim class (sun pm)
- English S &amp; D (in school)
- may add art class soon

Joshua - no class
- may add little neuro tree and jg playclub soon

I am busy on saturdays only because Samuel's 2 violin class spanned across a long interval.. so cant do much in between.

They attended a term at berries orchard last year but I stopped them at Samuel's request. I wanted to put them back in but can never get in again... they are always full.

We considered them for I-can-read last term... they went for assessment and both got to the reading level. But I decided to shelf it ... save money. hehee Hope I wont regret.

But they both have daily English and Mandarin reading class with mummy. On the ride to school every day, they will read a page each from Peter &amp; Jane series. Joelle is advanced in her reading so I used it to train her reading stamina....

My own language class in the car will do both reading for both languages, exposure to tenses, sometimes han yu pin ying (if they asked). We also will use phonograms to teach spelling.... eg. use of 'al', 'er', 'tion'...

No choice I gotta teach them myselves since their school had not given any spelling or tingxie, so I hope to aid their ability to spell any words impromptu instead... to prepare them for future spelling.

At night, if I am free, I will get them to write a sentence or two each... hopefully they will learn some writing skills too.

The problem with these is that I had the task of teaching them myself instead of delegating to class.... dunno whether good enough or not.

For Josh, I read with him almost daily. He has good attention span for books... so I will read or sing out of books with him. I also bring a little board with me everywhere I go... as and when I tell him a word, if I remember, I will write it and show him. Hopefully the frequency a word is shown to him will help him recognise and remember and understand the meaning. So far, he recognise quite a lot of words and know quite a lot of letter sounds already. The best thing is, he just started in a montessori playgroup these last few days and they teach phonic sounds of letters too! In june, he will start attending LW in the afternoon with his siblings.

Actually its so fun to teach our own children... just that I wish I had more time with each child... to teach them more wholesomely.
sad.gif

Steffi- wah lau!!! Both gd sch and u r giving up??? Alot of pple will be v jealous! Haha

poohy-wow! U really super mom!
So which sch r u aiming for Samuel?

Pv- my understanding is apply tis yr, do next yr then following yr register. Correct? Experience mummies?
And some Sch like nanyang expect pv to clock 80hrs... So can start tis yr already.

Hokkien clan- also shd/must register asap. If apply now, member only barely 2yrs bef registration.

Grassroots- think need 1 yr as exco member. But need time to be selected to be exco bah?

mtdt,

no lah I am just trying to work harder cos I got 3 kids to juggle. Compared to mummies with single child or 2 kids with much bigger age gap, I think I probably do less based on per kid basis.

I am considering rulang (near our home but in the 1-2km range) and pei hwa presbyterian.

For Pei Hwa, it will be via church membership. For Rulang, we applied for PV since last year... they will start interviewing parents in June this year.

Both schools have their pros and cons. Both are one of the top schools in sg, for rulang, they are near us, so it lessen the kids' travel time. One more good thing is they have a strings ensemble... which I figured will be very good for Sam's violin. For pei hwa, the good or maybe bad thing is they are a SAP school... mandarin standards should be more demanding... but I looked forward to it (though my kids' mandarin are not very good) cos I always love chinese classic and look forward to teaching them together with the school. The down side is they are quite far and they dun have west orchestra or strings ensemble.

I will prefer Rulang for its distance. But I will only apply if they accept us for PV. If not I will not risk.

Have you started with PV process for Zav?

Share some of Sam's recent songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAKtRdu7jnA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3O8szu6RmE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qhfvFehRWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTe-dUG4CXc

steffi,

I would love to put my kids in Nanyang... they seemed to have good music ECA not to mention being the top schools in sg. Though probably will be a pressure cooker.

mtdt, poohy

both nanyang and pei chun are very gd schools but distance a bit far from sengkang, unless hubby decides to shift. dun really like the idea of the kids having to travel abt an hour plus just to get to school

mtdt,

yeeie, so stressful.

bbloh,

the multivits are chewy kind like sweets?

poohy,

what is the benefits of "culturelle Lacto-GG" ?

abacus - actually I don't really understand this class. its for mental maths calculation or what's the purpose? I know it has surfaced many years back but I've no clue on it.

steffi,

you have very good "old" schools to choose from which many mummies will love!!! pity distance is an issue. but I also agree with you on travelling time, can be very tiring.

steffi,

ya distance is a problem. Its not wise for the primary school kids to travel that long.. by the time they reached home, they will be too tired to do homework.

sunflower,

lacto GG is a form of probiotic. Probiotic has many different strands.... this is one of the type.

I am not an expert in the abacus thingy...
happy.gif
For me, its more brain stimulation. And of course it will improve mental maths calculation. But it is definitely not a substitute for mathematic taught in school. Even though, S &amp; J attends abacus class, I still teach them math myself... to me, its different.

I let them attend the class at J's request... she said she likes it. But the homework is quite a lot.

poohy,

ic.. so they do maths work on an abacus?

I saw my uncle doing calculation with abacus when I was young.
To me, its just a fun thing as you can hear the clickclack when moving the beads heehee :p and his was the traditional kind of wooden abacus.

sunflower..

of course they do maths on the abacus
happy.gif
Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. They train the kids to be proficient in the above 4 operations in a short span of time. Slowly they will be able to do those without using the physical abacus.

When I said that they are not a replacement for mathematics because maths is more than just the four operations.

poohy - but i understand that the concept of abacus is very diff "school concept".

like for 15.. instead of straight away 10+5... they wld go 10-5+5-5.. or watever crap. hahaha :p

mtdt,

I only know they have some equations to memorise. Not sure exactly too cos my kids only just started not too long ago.

Wah... I read about the PV also feeling stressed man... Geesh...

poohy,
You are a super mommy! Kudos to you!

My gals started JG playclub on top of their Shichida Method. I am already panting...

mtdt,
A goes to Shichida Kindy 3 hours everyday. And Yamaha music class once a week, and swimming once a week. I sent him for individual violin for 3 months and stopped. Will look for violin teacher when we are more settled down. Then will look for art class. I am considering Edudrama at JG, but not sure how good is it.

<font color="aa00aa">sunflower,
The kid is supposed to chew the multi-vit, not swallow as a whole. It's not like those "gummy" sweets as in it's rubbery. It's just like a tablet and it's too big to swallow.</font>

lyn,

Just have to practise everyday
happy.gif
Samuel did put in quite a lot of practise... though sometimes I feel its tough for a young preschooler.

Hi poohy

May I know where do you buy the Lacto GG? How much is it? Recommended by my fren from Msia but I do not know where can I get it in Spore.

Thanks

<font face="comic sans ms"><font color="ff0000"><font size="+2"><blink>Wish Every Mummy a very

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

May You Be Happy &amp; Pretty Always
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
</blink></font></font></font>

Back