(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

<font face="tahoma"> spicegal,
I have email you using my hotmail. thanks so much!
happy.gif


RE : HFMD
now all schs are very strict. JG even scan their temp when entering class, and ask the kids to wash their hands before and after class. </font>
 


Lyn,

It's always good to see you here!
happy.gif
Yes, pls do take care of yourself first. Dun worry about potty-training yet...anyway think at birth is too early cos they've still not gotten accustomed to this utterly new world. Anyway, it was just me rattling some thoughts away. Do whatever that fits our lifestyle/circumstance, then we'll be happy and our kids will too! Gambatte!
happy.gif
 
Lyn:
wow 5mins suggestions daily for 1 yr, peifu peifu.

Tinklebell:
congrats!

Spicegal:
wow nice PS by fotou. Very innovative on her name. Jerica looks so lovely n sweet.......actually she has nice features like yours
happy.gif
 
Celeste, my colleague's girl attends 12pm class on Sun. She was there last 2 Sun, then she was down with fever on Wed.

All mummies who emailed me, have already replied you. Hope to close by next week if can hit 20 pairs.

Kite, thanks.
 
spicegal

very nice..esp the 1 that spells out her name.u brought the props there har...

okipoki/pp

oki thanks...my mum been bugging me to bring her go c tcm..yesterday gena whole day from her oso..she say alot of ppl see 1x can c the effects liao...
 
Hi mummies,
so many kids falling sick. hope everyone gets well soon. I also notice Xin En falls sick easily this year, always have flu, running nose and cough. I'm now giving her Vit C from Vitakids, hope it will help to build up her immunity system.

Flu vaccine
I'm thinking of giving her the flu vaccine too. Read that some flu vaccine may contain thiomersal (mercury), so ask the doctor for mercury free vaccine if possible.

Spicegal,
J looks really lovely and sweet! Till now, Xin En still gets mistaken for a boy :p Hallmark stores used to sell those forever friends bear carrying letters, now I'm not sure. I have a few, but not J's name, think I have H and C.

Tinkle,
congrats on the arrival of yr no. 3!
 
Hi mummies

I got 1 extra set of Braun Thermometer to let out.the model is the Blue type 4520 i tink. Selling at $76.20 but collection must collect from me at farrer park/bedok mrt stn.

Its actually my fren's lobang.got to buy 5 sets for the deal &amp; we r u short of 1 taker.

Interested let me koe asap. Thanks
 
Joy
Don't think Kidsloft have HFMD lah.
Was chatting with Lavina about it last wed and the impression I walked away with was there either had been 0 or at most 1 case. The 1 case was from a tot who also goes to CC.
And Lavina sanitises the place daily and checks each kid carefully prior to the start of class, so looks like things are under control :)
 
Date: 25 Apr 2008 (FRI)
Time: TBA (but in the morning cos Dal needs to be leave before 1 pm)
Venue: Jacob Ballas Children Garden
Agenda: Playdate + makan
-------------------------------------------------
1) Aishite + S
2) Dal + J
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
 
for those tat are waiting for "zoophonics" holiday prog... the info is out on their website.

I am interested in the Bukit timah branch program
happy.gif
 
hello mummies

spicegal - J so sweet...

oh dear, seemed like many tots falling sick...pray all our tots will be healthy during this season....
 
Date: 25 Apr 2008 (FRI)
Time: 11 am (Dal needs to leave before 1 pm)
Venue: Jacob Ballas Children Garden
Agenda: Playdate + makan
-------------------------------------------------
1) Aishite + S
2) Dal + J (June mummy)
3) Ethel + J (Jul mummy)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
 
Cutiezayn, I am thinking of sending Jerica to zoophonics too. There is 1 branch at Jurong West. Did you attend their trial class before you sign him up? Btw, did you receive my email?
 
Angeline,
I just came back from Dr. Lim. Chiam lei! Her right lung got phlegm liao! PD said her cough really bad this time round and started her on neubraliser for four days. Review on Saturday again!

Spicegal.
Next Tuesday is Cook Up Day in LV@RP. Kell and her classmates would be dressed up as chefs and they will be preparing jelly for sale. They will be setting up stalls in the centre … parents are encouraged to attend and oh manz, I am very sure that I’ll use up this year leave by May 08!

Which teacher is your gal with and which session on Sunday?

Aishite,
Can have the Jacob Ballas date on 6 May instead or not?
 
Paula, hugs to Kelly..hope she get better soon.

Its my colleague's girl, she attends the 12pm class at KM. Not sure which teacher though.

Jerica's cc having food fair this Fri from 11.30pm to 12.30pm, there will be games and food on sale. All proceeds go to charity.
 
Spicegal

so cute all your cc...got soo much program..i will be keeping celest at home for this week..hopefully next week when she starts mon,her health is ok..

paula

take care of kelly ok...so u still letting her go cc? haiz..y kids get cough soooooo easily..
sad.gif
 
Angeline,
Dr. Lim asked me to give Kelly a one-month break from school. When I told him how the school had transformed her, he then told me to consider shortening her hours spent in school!! Headache manz!
 
It is quite funny. Just now when I was preparing Kell for her afternoon naptime, she suddenly sang ‘Hapee Berthday to you, Hapee Berthday to you, Hapee Berthday to Ng Qi Qi, Hapee Berthday to you’. She then clapped her hands, turned her head towards me and says ‘I love you’. Haha. In the afternoon, I was sketching her portrait on the drawing paper, all her features are sketched except her nose. She came up to me, look at the paper and curiosity said, ’mummy… this is qi qi … no nose why?’ Then she pointed to her own nose and says ‘qi qi nose’. Haha.
 
Angeline,
BTW, would you be getting anything for Cel's teachers in school as goody bags for teachers? I was thinking of preparing something for them and hubby agreed cos the manz also felt that her teachers are really doing good job. He said can feel their love ... Kell kena kissed by them in the morning when they arrived. When she is sick, her form teacher would call every day ... when she DIY dressing in school, her teacher wrote us a one-page long note about her achievement ... When she cough, teacher apply vicks. But hor, what to buy?
 
<font face="tahoma"> Pauline,
hope Kelly gets well soon. *hugs*

Wes is also like Kell. last few days when he's unwell, he will wake up at ard 4am and cant sleep due to his blocked nose and coughing. i was so tired that i just leave him in his cot, and he started singing Happy Birthday song. 1st is to Mummy, then to Wesley, then to his tutu (pacifer), i cant help but laugh out loud. hehehee</font>
 
Paula, I was thinking of getting the teachers something as goody bag also, like you dun know what to get so am still considering. Do share with me if you have any idea ok? TIA!!

Hope the toddlers who are sick recover soon! Thinking of bringing Jerica for flu jab but on and off she has cough and running nose, no chance to do so.
 
Mspiggy
Wes is sooooooo funny and what a sweetie :)

PC
6 May is a tues, thought u r off only on 9 May leh? Anyhow, we can always go Jacob Ballas on that day again, or do something else like cycling at East Coast? I checked out the bicycle station yesterday, they hv single bicycle with baby seats, looks fun.
 
this was sent to me : not sure if true
sad.gif
but sounds scary!!!!


McDonalds, Burger king, Time Zone... All places with ball pits in the children's play area.
One of my sons lost his watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in those balls, trying to find his watch.
Instead, we found vomit, food, faeces, and other stuff I do not want to discuss.

I went to the manager and raised hell. Come to find out, the ball pit is only cleaned out once a month. I have doubts that it is even done that often.
My kids will never play in another ball pit.

Some of you might not be parents, but you may have nieces, nephews, grandchildren, or friends with children.

This will pertain to you too. As I read the following, my heart sank.

I urge each and every one of you to pass this on to as many people as you can. I cannot stress how important this is!

Hi. My name is Lauren Archer, my son Kevin and I lived in Melbourne, Australia.
On October 2nd, 1999 I took my only son to McDonald's for his 3rd birthday.

After he finished lunch, I allowed him to play in the ball pit. When he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong, he pointed to the back of his pull-up and simply said 'Mommy, it hurts.' I couldn't find anything wrong with him at that time. I bathed him when we got home, and it was at that point when I found a welt on his left buttock.

Upon investigating, it seemed as if there was something like a splinter under
the welt. I made an appointment to see the doctor the next day, but soon he started vomiting and shaking, then his eyes rolled back into his head. From there, we went to the emergency room. He died later that night.

It turned out that the welt on his buttock was the tip of a hypodermic needle that had broken off inside.

The autopsy revealed that Kevin had died from a heroine overdose. The next week, the police removed the balls from the ball pit. There was rotten food, several hypodermic needles: some full, some used; knives, half-eaten candy, diapers, faeces, and the stench of urine.

Don't think it's just McDonald's either. A little boy had been playing in a ball pit @ a Burger King &amp; started complaining of his legs hurting. He later died too. He was found to have snake bites all over his legs &amp; buttocks. When they cleaned the ball pit they found that there was a snake's nest in the ball pit. He had suffered numerous bites from a very poisonous snake.

Repost this if it scares the crap out of you!! Repost this if you care about kids!! Please forward this to all loving mothers, fathers and anyone who loves and cares for children!! What has this world come to?? If a child is not safe in a child's play area then where??
 
Aishite,
Those bikes are fun. Daddy had been riding with G on for a few times. We did it mostly at Pasir Ris Park. Can pass by playground and the pony area and the river etc. Very nice.

Btw, Lavina called me last night. SHe said the kid with HFMD was actually certified ok by pd already. Plus didn't get it from her class. I think I feel convinced enough that she is taking all necessary measures to keep the place clean etc. The funny thing is, some mother thought my G got it! I was playing safe not to let her go to class coz she is recovering from flu, knowing how sensitive this period is and her immunity maybe affected also. Who knows she is suspected...aiyo...

But some childcare centre and kindy are ordered to close? I heard it from news last night but don't know which ones... will be tough for mommies who work and place children at childcare...
 
Sunflower,
I read about the ball pit story too! I think to some extend, it maybe true. But the snake!

Anyway, I have decided the next time I bring G to the zoo, I won't let her go inside the "Bubble Ball Room" if I can. I have been in it once myself, coz need to "fish" her out and found that the bottom is full of round "stones". Now come to think about it, since it is in zoo, who knows what creature may reside in it....*shudder*...
 
MsPiggy,
Thanks thanks. The kids are so cute … singing happy birthday songs to themselves when they are sick. Keke, maybe they are consoling themselves that there is something to look forward to. Haha.

Spicegal,
I am thinking of getting some gift sets from www.gobi.com.sg.

Ashite,
Silly me! Got the dates wrong! 9 May instead! Let’s chio Dal along … I miss her lei.
 
<font face="tahoma"> ashite,
the kids tend to do things that amuse us. the other day, my dad was singing "twinkle twinkle little stars" in english. then wes continued with the mandarin version! my dad is totally shocked! JG did help him in his mandarin, i thought he didnt really pay attention during class.

regarding picnic, cannot make it during weekends huh??
sad.gif


pauline,
yeah... think they are consoling themselves! hahaha but my sis said his fever too high made him "sotong" liao! she's so mean! hahahahaaa
</font>
 
Morning all,

Thanks for the website, Paula.

Sunflower, I saw this email long time ago, scary hor.

Peng, forgot to ask you. Why must go for brain scan? Hope its nothing serious. Do keep us updated. Take care.
 
My boy also singing happy birthday song to himeslf. then he wanted me to sing the chinese version, kept on saying "Kai le"... i took a long time to figure out tat he is saying "kwai le" ;p

HFMD (cannot find the english version :p)

Force closure by MOH - 7 cc
Jurong 的Just Kids
康埔桦径的NTUC
赫利法斯路的Pats Schoolhouse
裕廊西的St Andrew's大教堂托儿所
KKH 里面的Learning Vision
Ramakrishna Mission Sarada幼稚园
Al-Istiqamah回教堂幼稚园

Recommended to close - 7 cc
PCF Sengkang West Blk 303A
PCF Tampines East Blk 261
PCF Punggol East Blk 103
PCF MOULMEN- TAI PEI CHILDCARE &amp; DEVELOPMENT CENTRA
PCS Jurong West Centre
Cherrybrook Kindergarten
Church of The Holy Trinity Kindergarten
NTUC Childcare Co-operative Ltd. Toa Payoh
NTUC Childcare Co-operative Ltd. Anchorvale
Brighton Montessori
ST. James Church Kindergarten
Kinderland Preschool (Yio Chu Kang)
Learning Vision@Work Pte. Ltd.(TTSH)
 
<font face="tahoma"> MTDT,
wow... so many recommended to close. so scary!

sunflower,
read that before. but after i let wes played in the zoo ball pit!
sad.gif
</font>
 
Angeline...

Think our AREA highh Key of HFMD manz..
- Pats Schoolhse @ Halifax
- Learning Vision @ TTSH
- Leanring Vision @ KKH
- PCF Moulmen - Tai Pei... This one is super near us lor...
 
Morning!

Paula: How did the pd ascertain that the phlegm has gone into her lungs? ER still coughing + running nose although started medicine last Sat noon. Generally, how long it takes for them to recover after taking medication? I let him go back to PG today. Since they will be confined to room, so should be ok.

So nice, wes &amp; kelly can sing happy birthday song. Was trying to teach ER to sing for his papa's bday tomorrow but think he still can't.
 
dunno why since last week or maybe earlier than that. My boy walked like a crippled.

Brought him to GP, GP told me no fractures and prescribed me painkillers for him.

Should i bring him for x-ray?

Am afraid that he is so use to walk like this and will becum a habit.
sad.gif
 
vivi - suggest u go for further check

not to scare u... my ex-colleague's 3yo son got acute leukemia... and the 1st sympton from her boy was "limping" and at first docs cldnt find a reason.
 
MTDT,

oh dear...

still wondering if need to see a Pd. Think better go for further checkup.

So u think consult the pd is ok or some specialist?

So how is her son now?
 
Hi Mummies,

Thanks for your well wishes.
Now, the reality of coping with 3 finally sinks in.... yesterday was the first day back fr hospital and it was really not an easy day.
Anyway, pic of my BB girl Arianne Lee....
1374310.jpg
 
<font face="tahoma"> hi tinklebell,
nice to hear from you! congratulation!

Baby Arianne is so alert even at birth... look at her big big eyes! so cute!!!!</font>
 



Back
Top