(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

Kite : i am hoping she will wanna tandem nurse ! for a while she was like "afraid" of my O_O, now she will point and say "mama milk" heehee, very cute !!!!
u know, after i stopped nursing, k fell ill more often, so i really believe in the benefits of mummys milk !!!

I get the organix biscuits from Vitakids at Forum - alwaes got stock, maybe you can try getting it from there ?
Which is the alphabet ones from ?

Lyn: u are coping well babe ! keep it up !!!
let me know if you want a maid agency contact ok ? We are getting a second maid to help with #2 and cooking. the current helper is so tied up with running after #1 and general housework. My sister, her PILs, neighbours, and my family use this agent - he's very honest and will recommend one that he thinks is suitable for your household.

And pls pls go back to your mums place when your hubby is away !!! no joke looking after 3 !!!
 


Calliope: Can you share what spices/herbs you use? Don't how which/how to use :p You're lucky that your hub is not fussy eater. My hub is fussy. I don't cook well and am lazy so most of the dishes I know & thus my maid knows are mainly simple stir-fry/steam/soup. Deep-fry/fried fish is no-no for me cos I hate all the oil + cleaning up. At times he'll complain about my maid's cooking and would even resort to eating out even though dinner is cooked everyday. Mil also complain abt maid's cooking.

Lyn: If you're getting Myanmar maids, get those with uni degree. Their probability of knowing English is higher. My mum's maid is from myanmar. Very honest girl but you must have a lot of patience communicating with them cos most don't understand any english at all, must bi shou hua jiao. Agree with KOng that you should go & stay with your parents when hub in reservist. Really no joke taking care of an active toddler + 2 newborns alone!!!
 
kong:
heehee so cute. The alphabet biscuits also from Organix as well. Usually i get it from marketplace.
happy.gif
 
hello everyone
bad news...J has HFM..yest went c doc..suspected case. Cos got lots of ulcers in his mouth..fever since monday. No blisters on hand & feet. Been very cranky cos i think his mouth veri painful. See liao heartache...Didn't sleep well too. No appetite..milk only drank 30-40ml, can eat biscuits & apples. Luckily he's exploring drinkin water fr cup so still manage to drink water...Sianz still dunno how J ganna, didn't go cc still can get..sob sob

mummies, b more careful. Now HFM is on the rise..
 
panda, oh dear, take care. it's very difficult when kid in so much pain with so many ulcers!
I always hope my kids will be spared from HFM, esp at tender age. Older one can possibly cope with ice lollies treats to numb, but Irv dislikes cold stuff. Does Josh take cold stuff, that might numb some pain and get fluids down.
 
thanks for all the well wishes.

pp, i tried giving him cold drinks but he doesn't want. At least he drank ribena. Now crying...din want medicine. Think he's sleepy too

Update u gals again tmr..gd nite
 
Mum2b,
Actually I do prefer those landed type but apparently couldnt find a nice one. Anyway, I think I will settle for Agape.

Tracy,
I can see that Leia is really enjoying herself, bu she de to leave the place. Perhaps u can try to place her for half day 1st just to mingle with the kids
happy.gif
If both C & L in the same CC, I can also help to keep a look out for L
happy.gif
So far I think Agape & LV shared the same playground. But I think the playground should be safe in the neighbourhood of offices rather than HDB... Kekekke !!

soh1ful,
I did read abt some good comments at OCC. If they have their own playground will be great.
 
panda - ooh, sayang josh....
hope he will recover soon.
happy.gif


check his bum also... will hv rashes... rem to put nanny rash.
 
Panda,
Sorry to hear abt little J.. hope he will get well soon. Now HFMD is on the rise, so mummies need to wash ur kiddies hands more offen
happy.gif
 
Hv been missing quite a fair bit...

Mspiggy,
Congrats to you !!

Lynn,
I would advise that u settle at ur mum's place during ur hubby reservist. If ur maid coming in now, it will take quite sometime for her to get familiar with the stuffs and it can be quite frustrating especially with all kids crying at the same time. Perhaps you can request for one after ur hubby is back from the "holiday camp"
happy.gif
 
panda,
sorry to hear that. hope J will recover soon.

lyn,
i can imagine how busy u r now, 2 newborns and a toddler! even w/ 1 toddler plus houseworks i already panting everyday. that's why i'm eager to send her to playgroup.. hehe.. but now that alot of hmfd i don't know if i should wait n see first.
re: food, ya i also agree w/ u, no need to prepare the tods for eating out. that's why so far i haven't give any seasoning except organics olive oil and once in a while dried herbs, though a lot of works, exp when we're overseas.

okipoki,
o ic. so when will C start the cc? full day or half day?
btw did u visit kinderland at pandan valley? just curious to ask f/ ur opinion if u had. coz most likely will go for 3-hourly pg there.

cheri,
is it caterpilar something? i called b4, the fees are ex! 1.2K..

mspiggy,
congrats
happy.gif
how many weeks r u now?
 
mum2B
no, caterpillar cove is in ngee ann poly, 1.2 k per mth or term?the cc in SIM is TELC for short, not cheap oso...can google for it.
 
mum2B,
What do you cook to add the herbs? I have lots of different types of dried herbs in my cupboard, but I dunno how to use them except cooking spaghetti for myself. It's certainly lots of energy, time and efforts to cook at home for them.



okipoki,
Do you think should I get the maid before my hubby go reservist or after he comes back? I dun really need a maid if I move to my parents' place. I can use my parents' maid ;) I am worried that the maid havent get used to the routine at my place, we gotta move to my parents already and then cause problems in future.


panda,
Wish Josh speedy recovery.


rodeo,
I also hate deep frying. kekeke... I dun like the oil around the house and the smell :p. I am imagining my maid cooking very simple food like stir fry vegetables, soup, rice. I eat anything that does not taste too bad. And I dun like to chop and cut vegetables. I find that's a waste of time. kekeke... Hopefully maid will know how to cut and prepare vegetables. I stir fry, and she wash everything also can.

For Myanmar maid with Uni degree, will she be able to pick things up fast? Do you know if they study English in school? I believe in education, so will get a maid with education. But I dunno the standard of Uni education in Myanmar. Can your mum's maid do housework well? My priority for the maid is housework, cooking.

So far, I can cope with my two gals. I feed and carry them. My hubby can get to sleep through the night already. I only haven't bath them. My hubby will bath them everyday now. A will usually sleep through the night, but nowadays wake up at 6.30am.


KOng,
I want the agent contact!
Oh yes, I think I need a young maid with energy. hahaha... to chase after A when we go out. How old is your maid?
 
Morning!

Cham..now celest starts to cry 'mummy' when we changes her into her uniform liao.haiz..eversince she started CC last week, theres some changes in her. Shes more clingy to me now,i cant get out of her sight as she will start crying 'mummy mummy'...headache
 
Lyn-do u wan ur parents to help u to "train" ur new maid? Way to cook, do hsework etc. Think cannot assume the maid noes already. If yes, then get maid now.. Bring over to during may. At least for the journey, one more pair of hands to carry babies.

Andeline-oh, celest starts to dislike cc huh... But only the beg rite? But ya I know how heartpain it is. My boy also start his whinning in the morning... But evening when I say go home, he will say no to me! Faint
 
Lyn-do u wan ur parents to help u to "train" ur new maid? Way to cook, do hsework etc. Think cannot assume the maid noes already. If yes, then get maid now.. Bring over to during may. At least for the journey, one more pair of hands to carry babies.

Andeline-oh, celest starts to dislike cc huh... But only the beg rite? But ya I know how heartpain it is. My boy also start his whinning in the morning... But evening when I say go home, he will say no to me! Faint
 
Morning ladies !!

Cheri,
I am staying in Dover, SIM can be quite out of the way leh tho' is abit 5 to 10mins drive. Wah if more than 1K I will faint !! Hahaha...

Mum2b,
Likelihood in May as suggested by most CC due to beginning of the month. I will need to send her for full day CC. I didnt visit the kinderland at PV cos kinda out of the way leh. I didnt want to travel too far away from my hse
happy.gif


Lyn,
Personally, I feel that the maid should come after your hubby is back from his reservist & perhaps during that period ur mum can help u out abit till the maid is more of less familiar with most of the routine & ur gers are at least more settled ?
 
lyn,
share with you abit. I have a 3 weeks old Myanmar with degree maid. Her written english understanding is not bad, whatever i write, she understand. Her spoken english is not so accurate, like hanger, she pronounced as hanker.
If i speak my normal rate, she cannot catch what i am saying most of the time. I will speak slowly and demo to her what i want her to do. Still patience is required on our side cos they really have a SLOW pace of life.
i will suggest you consider taking on the maid after you come back from JB. Reason being btw now to may is only abt 3 weeks. Fresh myanmar maids takes about 3-4 weeks to come, there are some that need 6 weeks cos passport not ready yet. Also, even if you take indo or phili, you have to consider if you need to apply visa for them to get out of singapore? So many considerations, might as well take your time to search for one and let her come after your hb finish reservist.

If you will like me to recommend my agent, let me know. her biodata on the myanmar maids are not bad and allow us to telephone interview the girls at the yangon training center too.
 
Good Morning All!

Angeline
My ger was also more clingy to me when she first started cc. She'd demand attention all the time from me once she got home. Even when my mil comes over, she'd cling to me when usually she'd enjoy playing with her. It took my ger about one month before she's back to her usual self. Even after the long CNY break and some other long weekends that we had, she'd also become more clingy and then the re-adjustment starts all over again. This can be quite an emotional-draining period but we have to try to be more 'heng xin' and stay firm and calm. If not our tods can sense our uncertainty. Don't worry. I'm sure your ger will get comfortable to the routine soon!
happy.gif


MTDT,
Yah...my ger also like that sometimes, sending mixed signals to me. Sometimes want me, other times not. Don't understand what goes on in her head sometimes. According to babycentre, it's part of the toddlerhood development and tell us parents not to take it too personally.

I-panda,
Speedy recovery to your boy!

Am also rather fearful cos till now, my ger still puts toys into her mouth! How to stop her? Sigh...

Rodeo
The spices and herbs are from the brand 'masterfoods',all pre-mixed in a bottle. I also don't really know how to use, just add and as long as i'm eating a mixed of everything, that's good enough for me. I realise somehow the spices go better with the meat soups and herbs with fish ones.
happy.gif
 
Good morning!

ipanda: Hope Josh recovers soon. You take care too.

Lyn: They learn English as a subject in school but they do not use the language in daily life. They generally know how to cook & housework cos it's must for girls to do them in their culture. For cooking, have to teach them from scratch since diff eating habits. For housework, just give them guidelines on what/how to do them. If you're particular in how certain things are done, then have to demo to her step by step. Communication was the main problem for my mum's maid, but after she understand, it's quite ok. Having said all these, luck still plays quite a big part in getting a good maid.

Calliope: Thanks. So just add them into soup like adding pepper?
 
Lyn,
I learnt that getting the right maid is a heng suay thing. Biodata may say one thing but character is something which will only show over time. Wish u all the best
happy.gif


Mspiggy,
Glad to hear that u bb is alright. Try to rest as much as u could now.

ipanda,
Hugs for Josh... hopes he gets well soon. I am also v scared that Fiona will get HFMD. Aaron had it twice previously and was really hell for us.

BTW, who is the mummy who placed her girl @ Brightstart montesorri Bishan? It's one of those places which i may consider putting Fiona in as it is just opp my office. Is it childcare or do they also have playgroup?
 
Angeline, dun worry too much. Give Celest some time. Like Calliope's girl, Jerica was also more clingy to me since she started cc. Everything at home also want me to do, everywhere i go she wanna follow. She cries every morning at the cc when I drop her off, this lasts for almost 1 month. Now she no longer cries in the morning and will be very excited when she wears her school uniform. During the weekends, she will point to her school uniform and say 'school', then we will tell her that its sat/sun today, so no need to go to school.
 
MTDT/Calliope/Spicegal

yaloh..my hubby said when he drops her off,when the teacher took over her,she only cry for a few seconds,after that she stopped liao..then when i bring her home in evening,whenever she see me,she will jump around & burst into tears for a very short while only..at the entrance area is their playground,i always got to spend ard 10mins to make her leave the place...heartpain when she kept crying 'mummy mummy'..haiz..but i got no choice coz #2 i got to take care oso.dun tink i can handle her & bb alone at home...spice,really wish she can settle down soon.u koe eveen for her GUG class,her 'temperament' change..last time,i can sneak out n leave her with daddy..now,when she see me missing,she will cry 'mummy mummy' again.faint

HFMD

i oso very scare lei..the CC at this moment still clean record.*keeping my fingers cross* furthermore,her immune system very low as just started CC. last night she cough alot of time.dry cough..going to PD later to ask him wat medicine i can give now.i very scare her cough will come back..

SMOO milk..

btw,does all your centre gives this? their routine is to drink 1 pkt every evening.I told them to give 2x a week only as i tink its very sweet.but just now i told teacher that stop for moment coz her cough seems to be back...
 
<font face="tahoma"> Good morning ladies!

Thanks Joyfulmom, Mum2B &amp; Tinklebell,
I'm now 14wk+, tummy showing much faster this time round. guess my excess is still in me hence now tummy becomes bigger faster
happy.gif


Btw ladies, I've started a pre-ordered for Australian OiOi diaperbags. If you're keen or know anyone looking for diaperbags, kindly help to spread the words ard. Thanks!

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1341391.html?1207705239</font>
 
lyn,

think Myanmar maid is good. Diana ser's maid from Myanmar too.

Well, think its better to choose maid slowl rather than rushin thru it.

I chose my maid in a rush and just grab a trf maid. sigh... slow and blur. anything also dun know. dun know how to cook, feed. In the end, her task is just to mop, sweep , wash n iron clothes.

My mum will cook and look after my boy n my nephew.

will let u know when i got D the running shoes.
 
Hi Mommies

any recommendations for websites to upload pics? I was using flickr but always encounter problems uploading pictures until i got real fed up.
 
Lyn,
Can share your soup recipes? Kell loves soup but I ran out of new soup recipes to cook for her.

Panda,
Hope J recovers soon … did the PD gave him some oral medicine to numb the pain? It helps… if not, they will find it hard to drink and eat.

MsPiggy,
Congrats congrats!

Mum2B,
Are you referring to Caterpillar’s Cove? Situated in Ngee Ann Polytechnic, School of Interdisciplinary Studies. Very nice center.
 
Angeline, she is just being sai nai to you lah...see you will cry a bit huh...haha...she will be ok very very soon...though Jerica does not cry anymore, she still wants me to carry her while queuing to take breakfast every morning, today I shamed her and tell her all the other kids also line up by themselves then she willing to come down and join the queue...haiz..
 
<font face="tahoma"> Pauline, thanks!

btw if you're available this weekends, you may collect your bag
happy.gif
</font>
 
mspiggy, good to hear all is well with your preg. enjoy and relax!
happy.gif


vv - how come you dun change your current maid? not acceptable le...

for me, i will not go for any other nationality than phil maids. cos even with my phil maid with a degree and well read, we sometimes have comm problem. however, overall, she is a very nice lady, and i am extending her contract for one more yr.

soup recipes - J loves soups too... paula - what soups do you boil for K?
 
oh dear, ipanda - just read that Josh is down with HFM. so sorry to hear - is he feeling better now?
 
morning mummies
happy.gif


panda,

sayang sayang josh. hope he recovers soon.


mspiggy,

that's great news. Its a worry off your mind now.
Enjoy your preggy journey
happy.gif


re: P1 registration
oh my oh my.... here I'm still struggling with CC sourcing, there you mummies talking about P1 enrolment... faintz.


Lyn,

Nanyang pri? heard its popular.
 
afternoon mummies!!!

went for detailed scan yesterday... and it's a girl!! now wk19..

Lyn,
yr twin looks so cute!!! How's yr bf??

panda,
speedy recovery for Josh.. take good care of yrself also.
 
kissbb &amp; mspiggy
CONGRATS!!

All mummies
thanks for all the well wishes. Josh is better now. Still a bit feverish. Eating porridge now. Doc did not give any cream for the ulcers. I gave him cold ribena to ease the pain (hope it helps). Will be back to work tomoro, took 2 days urgent leave liao. J will be back with mum. Hv to take extra care there cos my 9yr old niece is there too. Hope this episode passes thru quickly...
 
Toto,
So far … alternating between
i. corn and chicken soup
ii. lotus pork soup
iii. carrot, potato and pork soup
iv. dried scallop, wolfberry, red dates and chicken soup
v. ABC soup: carrot, potato, celery, pork, corn, radish
vi. Black chicken soup with herbs
 

<font face="tahoma"> thanks toto and sunflower
happy.gif


kissbb,
WOW... congrats!!!! wish i can have a girl too ;)</font>
 

Back
Top