(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

matsu,

What is Wan Qi's weight now? Why don't you give her two servings of porridge? Does she sleep through already? As for the flashcards, if she is 'sian' of it now, maybe you hold it off for a while, re-introduce few weeks later. Shichida is ok...J's brain need to be stimulated with those activities
happy.gif

Race,

For chicken, eat in moderation loh....every type of meats also got contaminated/treated before....

ivy,
Same here. Just out of curious, the most important is the food must be good, since i myself oso eat..hahah..
I fix one on neo garden, so still have to eye for another 2 more to go. (3 parties lar).. faint*. Rice table seem good but quite expensive, no cc accept also and worst only 2 menus to choose.

matsu,
how come your bb still drink milk middle of the night? 3am plus. Maybe you can get more solid porridge at 5 or 6pm and two milk feedings before sleep, should be able to hold till 7am.

Fates,
Your J so smart hor, can clap hand. Hmm.. just avoid the cream will do. However, k wont be able to eat his own birthday cake, cos his greedy mummy is ordering sweden ice cream cake for her own desire... hahah
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">When I brought my boy for his 9-month checkup, the nurse told me to introduce cooked egg yolk (not egg white) to him. Start with half an egg yolk and watch out for eye puffiness, rashes around the mouth & diahorrea. This is to rule out allergies due to MMR jab at 15 months since it contains egg.</font>

<font color="0000ff">matsu,
Maybe Wan Qi is sick of seeing the same flashcards? Or, got to flash very fast like Christin from BJG? Maybe she needs some excitement as she seems very interested in BJG's flashcards.

My boy's schedule is similar to yours. He also take 2 solids (cereal or porridge each time) a day & drink milk for the rest of the day. He doesn't like solids and prefer milk instead. Don't know how to make him eat more.

I have not introduce meat yet.</font>

bbloh,
Yes i think she is sick of the cards too. And yes i am not like Christin who sing songs as she flash i guess. Yes she is very interested in BJG and Gymboree activities. hee
Yap my girl is crazy about breast milk only. always say nan nan nan.When i latch her she will laugh really laugh out.
I had introduce fish meat as for pork just for the taste.

Fates
Wan Qi is 8kg about three weeks ago. The nurse say is good weight leh. Don t know i am still very paronoid about her weight cos i am afraid my milk is insufficient.

Fates and Annie
Unfortunately she still wake up at night leh. When she is 4mths old she can sleep through the nite but after her chickenpox when she is 6mths old she cant lia. I guess its because she is hungry loh no choice i just latch her. Cos she dont want formula i tried a few brands but she will scream and scream. Even when i mix a bit of formula with BM she also scream so in the end i gave up. I just have to endure loh. My colleagues say they will outgrow one but i am not sure about that cos she seems to love BM alot.

oh bbloh
I suspect my girl is allergic to egg yolk cos after eating for a few time she develop rashes around the fore head. at first i thought its heat rash but it doesnt seem to be lia. any idea what should i do then.

Shawny17
wow 9.15kg at ten mth how i envy. So your child is taking 3 meals already ya. I wanted to but my mum in law keep saying that babies should drink more milk so i have introduce meal in the morning maybe i should .

ya thats what the nurse say too as long as she is happy and active will be ok.

Thanks for assuring me.

Matsu,
Talking about egg yolk....my dodo hubby secretly fed Amber half-boiled egg behind my back. Within mins, Amber's face turned red and puffy with rashes all over. You could see that she wasn't feeling well. A few hours, she vomitted 3 times. Man, it was really like fountain flowing. After she purged out everything, she slept like a log....luckily.

Really felt like killing my hubby....threw verbal daggers at him.

Anyways, to be on the safe side I'll rather let her start taking egg yolk after she turns one.

Annie,

I suddenly become crazy over pooh although my house have signs of pooh everywhere haha.. maybe due to birthday party planning so i love pooh even more.. just bought a pooh cushion to place in my cubicle :p

My girl also dun take meat yet.. got to take meat now meh? LOL.. my rationale is she still cannot bite well leh, wait choke how? So i only limit her diet now to fish, beancurd, vegetables.. those soft foods.. and also make porridge with pork soft bone lor.

hi mummies,
now that we are giving our babies solids. Can i chk roughly how much milk your bb's consume per day?

My gal currently is taking cereal in the morning, porridge in the afternoon n the rest of the day FM. She takes in total about 600-700ml FM/day.For porridge i give her brown rice with millet.So far have given her spinage, chey sim, carrots, tofu, asparugus, fish, chicken and beef. Fruits only papaya, apples, prune and baby yogurt.

hi littletot,

My boy drinks drinks grounded brown rice with milk around noon and a meal of porridge for dinner. 4 - 5 feedings of milk at other times and total consumption is about 750ml. i think some of our babies have small appetites. i tried to let him drink more but he will refuse and throw the bottle.

anastasia,
Mind to ask, what brands you are using? I think baby need to talk them to drink more. I did that if keane refuse.. has to lie to him " U want to grow up n b a big bb, then has to drink more milk..." my ma told me that keane has to praise also then will drink more.
The other possibility is that bb has wind, when you slightly slap the tummy around e belly, you hear the hollow sound. If so, try massage,its help.

mastu,
How wonderful mummy you are! BM is thinner as compare to any fm, thats why hard for bb to suck faster. However, best to give bb bm before they reach 1.
How come your bb kena chicken pox @ so young age.. must be v worned out for you to take care at that time.

shawny17,
i presumed your hb must have heard the old folk mentioned about the 1/2 boiled egg. My Mil also asked me to feed on keane. I told hb not to listen. The "egg" itself is full of p... & chemical with all the jabs into the chicken, all these pass to the egg.

kk,
Yappee, m a super crazy fan of Pooh.. great! i found some1 like me. luckily hb didnt comment anything. Just that keane get to love "red" colour as pooh wear red tops..haha..
No need to feed meat lar, fish is enough. I want my k to eat all types of veggies before he start to eat meat. Heck care whats my mil & hb said.

<font color="0000ff">matsu,
For the egg yolk, maybe you want to try again when Wan Qi reaches 13 - 14 months. If still got allergy, have to tell the nurse/doc when she goes for her MMR jab.

My boy takes on average, 400 - 480ml of EBM/FM per working day excluding direct feeding (coz I don't know how much he drink). It seems little but as long as he's growing well, I'm alright with the amount.

I've read from a magazine that they only need a pint (about 570ml) of BM/FM per day after they've started solids for the first year.</font>

Hi Annie,
Nope, my hubby is those heck-care type who doesn't really bother about anything....he feeds the kids just about anything.

Man, he got really freaked out by this incident. Prior to that, he was like 'yeah-yeah' so what when I constantly nag about the implications of giving certain food.

Btw, just checking if there's any mummies here with more than 1 child. With Amber being the 2nd child, I find myself more laid-back about her growth and development.

My 1st child was given ample opportunities to try GD, The Little Gym, JG and what-nots. However for Amber, apart from flashing cards at home, I've not bothered to think about bringing her for the playgroups. In fact, I'm even thinking of foregoing her 1st year celebrations too since the probablitiy of her recalling the party is practically zilch.

Anyone else just like moi?

bbloh,
Regarding the jab for MMR, is it jab on bb 15th mth or earlier? I was told to bring k for jab when he is 12mths old. Beside the pneuomo jab, is it hep A & chicken pox in the list?

Annie,

Well, I must say that he's improved slightly over time. From past experiences, I've learnt not to expect too much. Compromise on both ends.
kao_happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Annie,
I was given an appointment in Aug for his MMR jab, so should be 15 mths.

Hep A & chicken pox vaccines are not compulsory. So they are not on the list.</font>

Egg yolk is ok for consumption, but it must be <u>thoroughly</u> cooked. Egg white before 1YO is a NONO
nono.gif

mastu,

Like what bbloh had mentioned, do give Wan Qi abit of yolk again before the MMR jab. You are not alone because my boy still has not sleep through yet! He wakes up at least once for feed.....

shawny17,

That's an unfortunate incident! I bet your hubby will learn his lesson eh! Yes there are mummies with 2 kids here, but majority of us have 1 only. Thus you can see us sending them for enrichment classes and such
happy.gif

Fortunate to be a first born eh!
kao_clap.gif

Matsu, with regards to weight, think Amber takes after her daddy who happens to be on the slightly overweight side (hee-hee, not that I am slim either). My MIL's aunty friends nicknames her 'Lil Sumo' cos for the earlier stages, she was Michelin baby material. The rolls and layers of fats. All that's disappearing though cos she's quite mobile now.

On the other hand, I've got a neice who's 6weeks older than Amber but she's on the slim side. She takes after her mummy who's tall and slender.

Btw, for the 1st 3-4mths, my PD kept complaining that Amber was overweight. I of course boh-hew'd him.
biggrin.gif

fates, I agree about the egg advice. Yup...1st born is indeed very fortunate. Look at how you mummies pamper your darlings.

Btw, my Amber also doesn't sleep through. On average, she wakes up at least 3 times to nurse. Luckily I don't work so just learn to live with it.

Annie,

he is drinking Mamil Gold.at first, I was worried about the low intake but he is growing well and is a happy baby. i go very 'drama', clapping my hands and praising him whenever he finishes the bottle but does not help. my son is rather stubborn...dun want means dun want.

Anastasia,
Hmm.. sound like he is tired of milk. Anyway, so long he drinks milk daily, it's better than none. You don't need to worry too much if he is healthy and happy.

bbloh,
Oh! Jialat, think I booked May 15 for K to go for these three jabs. Hmm.. my hb doesnt have chicken pox before and also don't have the jab. Think i better give him since he is going to childcare when he reachs 18mths.

Mummies,
Any advices for this? According to one of my colleague, his eldest son couldnt accept to the childcare centre, ended up he only joined recently @ 2.5yrs old. I understand that childcare first few days, we can go for trial foc, they won't charge us if our little one cannot accept. How to take few days just to wait @ the childcare centre to check whether my keane adapt to the environment or not.

<font color="0000ff">Annie,
For the jabs, maybe you wanna check with your PD first. Maybe can take earlier but make sure that Keane is not allergy to egg for MMR. Taking it later may be better as his immune system can take more time to develop stronger.

As far as I know, chicken pox vaccine is not fool-proof. Some people still "kena" but the outbreak will be milder.

Check out this webby for the immunisation chart:
http://www.hpb.gov.sg/hpb/default.asp?pg_id=1397</font>

<font color="0000ff">shawny,
My boy also wakes several times (about every 2 hrs) at night for nursing. You're really lucky that you don't have to work. Sometimes, I am so tired that I take a brief wink after lunch. Even my vendor commented that I look more haggard!</font>

shawny17

u are not alone !! me wif two kids also...so tiring look after them especially if me sick or any1 of them sick....

But njoys seeing my two gals playing wif each other especially fighting for toys !! kekeke.

how old is your elder child ? does he or she attend any pre-sch or child care??

bbloh, I must kow-tow to you...so self-sacrificing. Is it because your ds is fully-breastfed too? A lot of the working mummies I know get their hubby/helpers to assist for bottle-feeding at night.

The things we do for our darligs. Hiazz....

bbloh, I must kow-tow to you...so self-sacrificing. Is it because your ds is fully-breastfed too? A lot of the working mummies I know get their hubby/helpers to assist for bottle-feeding at night.

The things we do for our darligs. Hiazz....

shawny17, pooh,

my girl is also a May 2006 bb.. though her EDD is mid June. She is also my #2. My no.1 just turned 2 years old last week

Like u, I really enjoy seeing them playing together... so fun hor..mini playgroup at home everyday... as the #2 gets older and more interactive and mobile, the more fun it becomes.

shawny, I am not laid back abt my #2's schooling... though unlike #1, she also only attended 1 term of BJG so far. I do my own flashcards with her everyday at home. I guess with #1, we wanna experience with the different schools and enrichment programme... but with #2, we are wiser and know how to judge when is the best time bring our kids to those programme to gain the maximum benefits. Plus, the experience gained from attending with #1 also helps us with our #2 at home mah
happy.gif

currently elder boy attends JG billigual and shichida. my 10month girl stops her BJG and only attends swim class for this term
happy.gif

Hi pooh, glad to know I'm not alone. So we both have got 2 gals. The elder daughter will turn 5 this June. She's currently attending full-day childcare at Little Fairyland.

It's true, I can see that both sisters love each other dearly. The lil one is starting to fight with her big sister for toys!

Poohy, btw Amber's EDD was 3 june but she came out a week earlier.

Your darlings age-gaps is more desirable but it must have been really tiring for you to take care of both kids so young...even up to now.

hee-hee, Amber was kinda of like an accident. I was intending to stop at 1. It's like starting all over again for me.

shawny,

My girl.. Joelle came out 3 weeks early. Her EDD was 16 june if I din remember wrongly
happy.gif

Ya the close age gap will be great once they both grow up and are more independent... so fun to go out with the kids... but for now, its really quite tiring. So you will be stopping at 2 ? I intend to have no.3 next year.... and prob close shop unless I am suddenly vvvvv rich and can stop working to look after them.... then can have more kids
happy.gif

Annie, the 1 week trial is great as it allows you to sit in and have a more in-depth look at how the teachers treat and teach the little ones. . Granted that the teachers will probably be on their toes when you are around but at least you will have a clearer idea of what goes on when your ds is in school.

For dd1, I only sat in the 1st day for a few hours. On the 2nd day, the teachers felt that Dd1 was able to cope without my presence so I was requested to leave. 3rd day, I just said 'Good-bye' at the gate.

hi shawny17
yap i guess genes play apart too cos i am very petite so is my baby i guess.

bbloh
like you i still have to wake up in the middle of the nite 3plus once and five plus once. I totally latch on so my hubby cant help up sian. Then the next day still got to work. Really siong. I kept telling my hubby and my mum that after giving birth to Wan Qi. I look older and skinny. sign.

Annie
Ya my baby got chickenpox when she is 6mths old cos i had chickenpox and since i breastfeed so she will definitely get it. I was so so so stress up. The first time i experience baby having fever and being the mother i was really really stress to the extent that i pull my hair whenever the fever subside and the next hour rise again.

shawny17,
Thanks for sharing with me. Now at least has some visiual knowing whats will be going on for putting keane in the childcare first few days..

bbloh,
Salute you! But must take care of your body.. Definite not for me, i suffered giddiness till i puked when keane woke up every hr when he was young, i got my ma to help to take care when k turned 5mths old as i was on medication & have to see doctors three times a wk to stablize the giddiness.
Thanks for giving me the website. I will check it out. Hmm.. I had chicken pox when i had PSLE exam. Popped out 1 day before the english paper. Sigh! I was sent to this CDC to take the exam. I still could remembered that i was served orange juices by the examiner (one of the primary teacher) while seating for the papers.

Matsu,
Wah! another great mummy. I could understand how you feel.Just like when keane fell from cot blood and was hospitalized, despite i was suffered migraine and puked few times..
Anyway, isnt it a wonderful experience to be mummies ourselves, then we fully understand our own mummies better.. hhaha

littletot,

do you mean breakfast? i also have no idea. guess have to wait until they can eat and digest cereals?

i plan to feed 1 meal of rice and 1 meal of porridge when he starts to walk.

poohy,

my no2 edd is 1 june and she its out 3 weeks earlier also...sama sama

but salute you..u are a working mum right and u still wan to plan for a no3!! *clap* me SAHM wif two kids at home making me crazy at times also...snatching toys, etc etc..screaming for attention when both wan the same toy!!

my elder gal also used to attend shichida when she was 11 mths old till 3 yrs plus and stopped coz wan to expose her in other areas. She is now coming to 4 yrs old and attending 2 enrichments and just withdrawn her from her childcare.

me signing up JG for my no2 also..btw, how long ur boy wif JG?? mayb can share wif us on JG. There is a holiday programme coming, wan to let me elder gal join the holiday programe.TIA

shawny17,
where are u residing?? if near my place, we can meet for kopi??
happy.gif

pooh & poohy & all mummies, I am residing in Telok Kurau. Hope you gals are nearby then we can have a babies gathering.

Pooh, you've withdrawn yr dd1 from childcare...then where are you placing her? Homeschooling????
happy.gif

hi shawny17

actuali my elder gal starts childcare last dec only.found that the environment is not suitable for her and hence withdraw her and current yes, homeschooling her myself. very tiring but sure worth it.

i have send u a PM. check ur mail ok
happy.gif

wah...I toyed with that idea some years ago..but dropped it...I've no energy nor am I cut-out for it.

Must Kow-tow to you all man. (Btw, I've replied your pm)

anastasia,
i'm currently giving my gal cereal in the morning, porridge for lunch and milk for dinner. Heard breakfast most important meal of the day so i started her on b'fast instead of giving her solids for dinner
happy.gif

I am now feeding Kaeden 3 solid meal a day.

Lunch and Dinner is either porridge, pasta, mee suah. Breakfast will be oatmeal cereal with fruits.

Anyone intending to change FM when they reach 1 year? Looking at GAIN IQ but dunno when is the right time to switch

pooh,

my boy is with JG for slightly over a term only cos he only just turn 2 years old last week and JG billigual playclub starts at 18m. Its pretty good... I like the dramatic way they communicate with the children. so do u still do home practises with your girl and now your no.2?

milo,
i intend to switch to Gain IQ once my gal hit big 1
happy.gif

Mummies,
has anyone tried Tung Lok's catering? Thinking of ordering from them as well as Sakea sushi delivery
happy.gif

Back