(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

<font color="ff0000">Need some advice:</font>

I let my bb to drink from his cup, he saw me drinking from my cup so he wanted to drink from my cup. I let him. But still unable to drink that well. Is like he playing with H20. Spill out all the H20.

I tried the straw cup. he keeps on bitting on it, not drinking at all.

Should I con't letting him drink from the straw cup / from my cup?

Am I doing the rite thing at this moment? Is this the process for bb when they start to drink either the straw or from the cup? Tks

mom_yam
which are the mee sua brands that are w/o salt? mee sua sounds good! will try that soon. but it's a bit more work than cooking porridge (for porridge u just throw everything into the pot).

petite_thing
then i'm "fang xin" to hear that your boy eats the same amt. i'll latch my boy two hrs after his 12pm lunch (dunno how many ml he'll drink), and feed him afternoon snacks at 4pm like mashed bananas/kiwi/other fruits or baby biscuits, then dinner at 6, so he's like eating every 2 hrs.

i've got a pasta recipe by annabel karmel to share. tried it once, boy didn't like, so did not attempt again.

heat olive oil, add onion & garlic, saute for 3 min. add carrots and cook for 3min. add chicken, cook for 3 min. then add tomato puree, thyme (a type of herb easily available at ntuc) and chicken stock (I use water), bring to boil, simmer for 15min.

add to cooked spaghetti or macaroni that has been chopped into small pcs. blend the above sauce and add to the pasta.

petite_thing
it's natural for them to want to play with the straw cup or whatever u give them, spilled water is very very normal. i get water splashed all over me when my boy gets his hands on his sippy cup. he'll just shake it like a ratte. it's their way of learning.

mom yam,

tks for the recipe, i did once with pumpkin puree introduce in one of the book but he hates it. i will try yr recipe soon.

so many activities going on. so sad i not able to make it.

u gals bought CNY clothes already? me not yet leh

How long do you ladies take to feed your baby solid food? Amanda is extremely slow in eating.. she will take at least an hour to finish her food.. I started her on her lunch at 1210 pm just now.. and now she is only 2/3 through..
sad.gif

hunni,
she very si wen mah. my DS eat very fast and very impatient no good hard to digest later. he finished in 30mins or less. hv not even swallow already open his mouth.

Growing up gifted
Someone was mentioning that she sent her bb to the class. How is it? Like to hear some feedback coz contemplating as it's very near my place.

Sleeping through
Just curious to chk again if any of your bb still not sleeping thru. My gal sometimes after putting to bed after 1 hr will sit up herself in the cot (she sleeps in same rm as us but in cot). Still in the night will wake up once and cry and i gotta carry her up and she will sleep back quite quickly. Am I making it a habit for her to wake at night coz I carry her whenever she does?

Hunnie,
She's gal mah so very si wen. Mine is like twinkle-starry, eats very fast. Sometimes, really wonder did he chew and swallow. If i too slow, he will start to pull my hand.

Babe,
Mine at times will sleep thru. When he fuss, I gave him pacifier. Then he will be back to his dreamland again till morning.

Petite-thing,
My boy oso. When he had enough of water, he will play with it. Will drink and then start to blow out. When he doesnt really want any water even thou I kept giving him to drink, he will push it away if not, will throw the bottle away and get angry. Haiz...

nix like to eat noodle like me... keke.. he had tried mee-sua and bee hoon.. for porridge, think he sick of it liao..

petite_thing, maybe u try to show him how to suck using the straw... put ur finger on the straw... press and hold the water flow if bb tend to suck alot and fast.. this is prevent bb ganna choke... dun rush him on this lah... let him take his time lor..

des, the class wont be on this sunday liao... i will pm u the info.

hunnie, ur gal eat very slow huh?? is it something attracted her attention?? my mum always want nix eat fast fast.. keep telling me dun let him get into the habit to take his own time on this.. the food will turn cold easily cos their portion very little.. and next time if go shopping, by the time he finish his meal, all shops close liao.. hahaha..

just now went home during lunch time... went to buy cny goodies for company.. went to buy lunch for my mum and sil and went see how nix is doing... so happy to see him.. he looked puzzled how come i was at home at that timing and i was with my uniform..
happy.gif

twinkle & des

You both are so lucky! Amanda takes her own sweet time to finish her food.. and I dont think its cos she is si wen... she will grab her bowl, grab her spoon, wave it everywhere and drop it from the high chair, rub her food all over her face and she will play with her food whenever it drops on the tray.. really want to vomit blood sometimes.. the cooking process, plus the feeding time, plus the cleaning up time.. takes up more than 2 hours each time.. and cos shes on 2 solid meals a day.. so it comes up to 4 to 5 hours each day just preparing her food, feed her and clean up after her..

jumbo

No leh.. she doesnt really get distracted by anything except the TV, but I do not turn it on for her to watch during feeding times if possible.. Her mouth will be tightly clamped when I feed her porridge, macaroni, pasta etc.. but she will take only 10 mins to finish 1 bottle of healthy times food jar.. eat fast fast good.. cos at least the caregiver will have mroe time to do her own things

hunni,

maybe u give her cereals or other food one of the meals on some days so u can rest abit. for his dinner i dun give porridge everytime, when i hv no time to cook, i feed him jar food, bread, cereals etc..

When we were out, i feed cereals also , i hv not packed porridge out yet simply bcos i too lazy. ver bad hor.

babe,
DS also sit up few times at night. initially i carry and pat like u said he fall alseep immediately. now i just give him pacifier and he will Zzzz.. He used to sleep thru until 3 mths ago when i start travelling. He seems to sit up and check am i there
sad.gif

mom_yam: recommend the brand of the mee suah plssss.....have been searching but cant find one that is w/o salt.

hunnie - J take 15 mins on a good day. on a bad day....we will try till give up.

petite_thing
IMHO, I guess every child is different and there is no standard process. Just go with the flow. Even if ur bb cant drink well yet, its ok, it is part of learning. Most imptly is to enjoy the learning process.

twinkle,

Amanda is like that to cereal as well.. the only things she likes eating is her food jar (has to be fruits only) if it is vege, she will make that vomitting sound..

I dont bring porridge out as well.. very mafan... so you are not a bad mummy lar.. I dont even bring cereal nowadays.. only jar food.. cos I dont want to spend up till 1 hr plus feeding her cereal when Im outside.. and like what jumbo's mum said, eat until the shops close liao

mel,

Guess J is like Amanda... difficult to feed

<font color="aa00aa">Tks everyone</font> for giving the encouragement on feeding H20. Really gatefully to all of you. Guess I will just try and try everyday till he master it. Sigh!

<font color="aa00aa">Hunnie</font>, Amanda takes an hr to finish food. My boy at good day takes 45mins. Bad day- 2hrs....

Just happen yesterday- fed him with potato, carrots, chix mix with ikan billis powder. Started around 1200hrs. Finish at almost 1400hrs.

Today, I hv no choice but to give him potato with pork, pumpkin and ikan Billis powder. (wanted to give him Mee Sua but saw a posting to give mee sua w/o Salt. I do not hv it) He did not want to finish his meal. Took an hr to so call 'finish' his meal. Gave him a slice of apple, he watch Tv and eat it by himself. That he eat!

Going out, I will bring porridge out. Got lots of things to attract his attention, He will eat. If he don't eat, I hv to act like a 'monkey'. Jumping up and dw to entertain him. Usually I will go to a cosy corner and feed him incase I hv to act like a monkey.

Hv not try bottle food as main course yet. Will be trying soon. Got to prepare him to get use to the taste so that I can bring bottle foods out during CNY.

He tried only desserts at the mean time- Vanilla custard- he loves it. Gel dessert, he will eat but a little a day.

Recently I made biscuits from bread for him to eat.Comes in shape of stars, animals etc. He loves it. I will place them in a air-tight container and let him pick himself.

Cereals- he loves Friso cream. organic type he don't like. He loves peaches too.

Later I am going to NTUC to find the Mee Sua w/o salt. Will keep all of you updated on the brand If I found them.

Hi all,
Re: mee sua
Can get the organic mee sua from Organic Paradise. That is what I use.

Anyone has advice on how to teach baby to drink from sippy cup? He only wants to play with it when i give him...haiz...

<font color="0000ff">petite thing</font>, it is not rosy everyx le. Sometimes only that she would crawl herself back. N so far I've only seen twice.

<font color="0000ff">mom_yam</font>, can feed bb mee suan meh? How to? Must cut till fine lo? XT only has four teeth currently.

<font color="0000ff">Drinking cup</font>,
Wow.. so many of ur bb learning.... XT doesnt like to drink water le. We got to feed her on syringe to get her at least minimum amt of water else her pee is smelly.

<font color="0000ff">Food intake</font>
XT currently is taking 3 porridges a day. Don't noe if too much. Like most of u, my mom took ard 30~45 minutes to feed her. Like what the TV program shows, we got to play the Little Pets Wonder on TV and then she would quietly eat her porridges till finished.

<font color="0000ff">Gong xi and dancing</font>
Any of ur bbs ve successfully learnt gong xi gong xi?

How abt any bbs dancing (trying to dance by moving body)?

BTW which of you girls have a maid? I used to have one, but so scared after maid nightmare that i use part-time maid now. But going to move to a bigger place so might have no choice but to get a maid again...so afraid that i will get another nightmare one...

Gong Xi,
my girl still dont know even i teach her every weekend.

Dancing & singing,
yeah...she dance and even sing....dont know what she sing..hahhaaha..

Eating time,
she eat quite fast...think less than 1/2 hr.... if feed her too slow, she will scream...

Drinking cup
I happen to let my boy drink directly from the cup and he actually likes it! Preciously I had a hard time trying to get him drink more water from milk bottle and tried in vain with the straw cup.

Mummies, you may like to try it? But I got to hold the cup slowly, in case too much water goes in and my boy gets choked

petite,

yr homemade biscuit from bread is it toast till crispy but not burn type right?

i toast it but very hard burn so always semi crispy i take out liao.

how u do it huh?

<font color="ff0000">Went to NTUC can't find the Mee Sua w/o salt.</font> Gave bb eat bee hoon for dinner instead. Ate half of the bowl, sian aridi. He don't want.

<font color="ff6000">mad bride</font> where can I find Organic Paradise? I don't hv a maid but intending to grt 1 too. Use to work in MOM during pregnancy, heard alot of stories. I also scare too. Btw yr part-time maid is it S'porean or those maids from Indonesia etc...?

<font color="ff6000">Koalarie</font>, my bb don't nod how to Gong Xi x2. Tried teaching him but not keen. He nods how to dance. Everytime I sing the song 'Shake yr boom boom'. He will shake his boom boom!

<font color="ff6000">Twinkle-starry</font>, Are you using oven or toaster? Most likely yr oven is too hot that cause it to be burn. If is oven, adjust to 140C.
Bake it for abt 20mins. Btw each oven has different setting. So you must nod how hot is yr oven at 140C.

hi... SHITAKE mushrooms? i give my bb chinese mushrooms and golden mushroom but it comes got intact in her poo poo... so can give them mushrooms at this age??? is it ok to feed bb with LAUGHING COW cheese???

Hi strawberry,

My cousin is a dietician / nutritionist, she said it is OK to give mushrooms including shitake mushrooms at this stage.

hey mummies so much postings...

mom_yam... pls include me for the bash... will also enter whatever contest... hopefully ezra will want to participate...

actually me currently on a teaching attachment with Babies Inc in Bt Timah... when i am more free will try to post some info... oh if case you interested... they are having an open house this Sat... go to their website for more details...www.babiesinc.com.sg

hey mummies, anyone has ideas where to get nice nice boy's hats?

ok got to go liao... yeah yeah last day of my attachment....

hey mummies,
if there's a gathering during cny, let me knw. i would love to join since i cant really go to the baby bash.

I m oso looking at childcare centre. Intend to place my boy for half day since my mum will be taking care of my baby. Doubt she can cope with 2 although my father will be around to help her.

Hi mommies - sorry was busy these two days.. i will try to take the pic of the mee sua and show u gals.. is acutally given by my MIL.. so dont kw what brand lei.

Baby Party
@ Globetrotters
26.3.07 1pm

May i know is it the following people is intereted?

1) Jumbo
2) Hunniepot
3) Rach
4) Mel Lim (yet to confirm)
5) Ezrababy
6) Smurfy (yet to confirm)
7) Draik
8) Tiffany
9) Jasminetea
10) Shylyn
11) cheer3344

Did i miss out anyone? coz' i'm doing cupcakes for their BD cake... so i need to know how many boys and how many gals to come out with a theme for the cake. Also i'm putting their names on the cake.

For games / compeitiion - no worries.. all babies have to do is play and smile.. the rest is up the judge hahaha...

I'm going to concourse probably get some party stuffs and some other things for the babies see how it goes.

strawberry - dont think laughing cow cheeze is good for them.. got salt in them and preservatives

As for baby eating / drinking, isaac has no prob in this area.. super fast super good. starting from 3rd mth he cant wait for milk and if the milk flow is slow he is super unhappy.

From then onwards his teats hole are usually much bigger than baby of his age. both feeding less than 15 mins... drinking milk (4 oz) less than 5 to 6 mins..

Koalarie, mee sua - by the time soak in the soup it will be become so soft and is very easy to break them into pcs as compare to bee hoon.

I do bring porridge out every time we go out to eat.. cereal & Jar is only at home and mainly nite time.

petite thing: friso cream is much sweeter than orgnic cereal that's maybe the reason why your darling prefer friso cream ;)

babe, i've put isaac in GUG.. what you would like to know? the only thing i dont like abt the school on weekends are the teachers are much younger than i thought but so far they are able to capture kids attn so i'm ok with that. and they have to "share" teachers coz' shortage of manpower.

other than that i pretty enjoy the class so do isaac.. is not so much in learning.. but is learning thru playing which i like.

mom_yam

Hey.. thanks for the efforts put in for the party.. appreciate your hard work!
happy.gif
Anything you need help with?

My hubby will be coming along as well

Mom Yam
Thks for your great effort on organizing the Baby Bash. Im really looking forward to it. Im sure Ivec does as well..hee..so many playmates to know & interact with on that day!

Jumbo,
Ill b bringing Ivec for this Suns Baby Jumper Gym session. My hub also coming along. Read in ur earlier post that u need some of the particulars right? Will PM u later.

Ladies, wanna ask what do u normally do with ur little one when u spent time w him/her? Sometimes I do run out of ideas to entertain Ivec. Depending on his mood, hell stay focus when I flashed him cards else he will crawl away 2 explore other things. Other than that, will play with him with a boaster (did I get e spelling correct), he really like to hug e boaster! Hee..should hv taken a photo of him doing so. Do u all give ur bb any form of attachment like a toy or pillow to hug? My boy doesnt seem to hv any preference..my ils always give him e bean sprout pillow for him 2 sleep with, but he dont really taken a fancy to it. Prefers his nappy cloth instead :p

Mom Yam

YES.. I CONFIRM will attend the B'Bash.. Thanks for organising and best: Cup cake is sponsored. Thank you so much.

) Jumbo (Boy) Nixon
2) Hunniepot (Girl) Amanda
3) Rach (Boy) Ryan
4) Mel Lim (yet to confirm)(Boy) Jordan
5) Ezrababy (Boy) Ezra
6) Smurfy (yet to confirm) (Boy) Jarren
7) Draik (Boy) Kang Jung
8) Tiffany (Boy) Lucas
9) Jasminetea (Girl) Jaslynn
10) Shylyn (Boy) Ivec
11) cheer3344 (Boy) Dylan

Hope the info provided is correct.

Mom Yam,
Thanks so much for putting so much effort in the bbash. I am looking forward to it.

Tiffany,
you got my boy name correct. Thanks.

shylyn,
Ds attachment seem to be...ME. Hahaha.

I just realise i miss out petite thing so sorry !!!! please let me know yr baby name ok.

1) Jumbo (Boy) Nixon
3) Rach (Boy) Ryan
4) Mel Lim (yet to confirm)(Boy) Jordan
5) Ezrababy (Boy) Ezra
7) Draik (Boy) Kang Jung
8) Tiffany (Boy) Lucas
10) Shylyn (Boy) Ivec
12) petite thing (Boy)

Shylyn, my son is the same as draik.. attachment is me.. which im very happy hahahaa..

he cant slp well without my smell but alssssssooooooooo sad he is also attached to pacifier.. which i'm now trying to cut him off from there..

shylyn

My girl's attachment is me too! She will cry even if I leave her sight for a while.. and she wont be able to sleep well if we leave her in the cot nowadays.. she will tned to wake up 3 to 4 times a night, crying away.. so I have got to let her sleep besides me and she will sleep through the night..

She is also attached to her tiny love DVD and toy which I have shared with you ladies earlier

<font color="119911">mom_yam</font>
I indicated my nick for the baby bash earlier on too
sad.gif
u don't welcome me uh?

<font color="119911">attachment object</font>
my boy has no attachment object, except me lor! i'l m trying hard to make him fall in love with his bolster, but he loves me more.... sigh. need to sleep between daddy and mummy, if sleep in cot, he wakes up like 8x a night! Even with co-sleeping, he still wakes up 2-3 times. Has only slept thru 2 or 3 nights since birth.

<font color="119911">Length of feeding time</font>
He finishes one adult bowl of porridge/cereal/puree in 20min flat. If it's his favourite food, he'll down it even faster. But sometimes if bad mood, need to play video then he will eat properly.

thanks ladies for the information... but ALAMAK i gave my bb LAUGHING COW liao... how??? a bit sudn't do much damage rite??

yes my bb is very attached to me too... so toilet and bathe must bring her along... but i don't blame her also la... she sees me 24/7 and goes wherever i go... but sometimes just need some breathing space... that's when i have a headache...

My girl is also a china girl.. doesnt like pasta but LOVES bee hoon.. for once, I see her open her mouth big big to eat her savoury food..

<font color="0000ff">calling papa</font>
My mom told me tix afternoon tat Xuanting has just begun to call "baba".

<font color="0000ff">attachment</font>
Think she's fine except she may not b happy if she saw both me n dh goes away.

Tix evening, unlike other Fridays, me n dh a bit late.. my mom said she 6.45pm sharp kept looking at the door area to see if we were home.. even if it's just neighbour opening the door.

So cute...
kao_happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">mee sua</font>
Mom-yam, noted.. thanks.

Think, I may noe which type.. but will cfm /w my mil. She usally buy tix type of mee sua not in NTUC but along tix store @ Little India area. She said hand made one n pack on spot n so very fresh n nice to eat too....

<font color="0000ff">Baby Party</font>
Really feel like joining le... a pity i a contract staff n so limited leave to take.
kao_sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">BB porridge</font>
BTW, is it normal that tix time our bb is fed @ least 3 times? My mom been feeding her at least morning one, afternoon one and evening one le.

Tomorrow i will try... i scared my bb doesnt like the way i cook or the way i feed her... i can nv finish feeding her porridge one.
kao_sad.gif

<font color="ff6000">Mom_yam</font>, no prob for missing me out. I look forward to meet all of you. Tks for making the arrangement and doing the cup cakes with BBs' names on it. Sound Fun to me. My boy name is <font color="0077aa">REYES</font>

<font color="ff6000">Shylyn</font>, when I am on the mood or free, I will flash the glenn domam cards to him too. He prefer the math dots then to the english words.

My Bb does not really attach to another one of us. Anybody also can. But when he is crying / bad mood, he will either look for me or his daddy. He loves to hug his small blanket to sleep, Think he copycat me.

<font color="ff6000">Koalarie</font>, my bb use to call papa / baba or something like that every morning when he gets up. He wants attention for someone to carry him. Mama / mum mum at certain times only. If we don't carry him. he will pull his musical toy to tell you I'm awake, pls carry me out of my bed!

I really don't nod what to cook for him tmr. This few days, he like on strike. Eat abit don't want.
kao_confused2.gif

mom yam u sure managing very well. I thot of sending my gal there too but only free on weekends...hiaz..more expensive and no chinese class.

Weaning
Any of mum got mood swing when weaning? I don't izzit work stress or what. I trying to suppress milk supply and it's about there but I kinda very emotional and get upset very easily and also pissed off by people and even hb.

More sticky to MIL
Dunno wat happen to my bb. Now after she gets home in evening after my MIL pick her up, she isn't even excited to see me home. Want to carry her to shower, she will stick to my MIL. Very pissed too....Arghhh...what's wrong with me!!!!! Like I super PMS when my mense has not came back eversince I conceived.

babe - i recently weaned. have not express for almost 2 wks already. i got no mood swing leh. but my menses is back.

organic mee suah
bought organic mee suah....wah so expensive....3 bundles cost $2.50. but its all worth it coz J lovessss it.

mom_yam
really appreciate yr effort in organizing. see you so hard working, how can i not turn up? pls cmf my attendance.

feeding rice
any idea is it ok to feed bb rice huh? coz J would eat off my dnr and i would give him some rice. and he manage to swallow it. but not sure is it good for his digestive system.

any advice?

RE: Attachment
Wow..seems like u ladies are lucky. Ivec doesn't seem to b attached to anyone/anything in particular..basically, everyone & anyone also can..he doesn't seem to hv stranger anxiety as well..will smile at everyone & esp Indians..heheh..so we sometimes hv a few foreign workers smiling at him & he will smile so happily back at them..buay tahan

RE: Mee Sua
Gd idea, can propose to my mil or mother to cook for him..heheh..or if i gd mood, will go & look for it later & try cooking a bit for him.
Anyway, seems like majority of the bbs here r 'chinaman' like, Ivec is 'ang mo' like cos he likes bread more than porridge. He will blow out the porridge he has eaten..so my mil resorted to using bottle to feed him his porridge :p

RE: Weaning
Stopped expressing when Ivec was 8mths..didn't experience any mood swings leh..

Babe
Dont get too stressed or emotional, take things easy..sometimes when i do get stressed or fed up, i just try to think of happy things, not gd to let ur emotions rule u ^_^

Mel Lim
Think should b alright, my mil sometimes give Ivec some rice but heheheh..he dislikes..cos he's ang mo, prefers bread :p like me..hee

Jumbo
Hmm..so confirm tomo's session is on right?? Do we need to bring anything? What abt Ivec? Need to b dressed in particularly anything? Meet u ladies there? Heheh..paisey..asked so many questions.

Btw, just brought Ivec to have his 2nd hair cut to prepare him for CNY. He was sleeping when we reached the Malay barber & I had to carry him out from the sling, he was scared from his sleep thus cried terribly but calm down once he saw himself in the mirror. Hmm..so thankfully, no further crankiness though he wasn't really pleased w e hair on his face..hee
Any ladies had their bbs hair cut for CNY already?

Shylyn,
Tomo's session called off liao. The Baby Jumper Gym could not organise the trial class, due to CNY drawing near (??).

I'm DIY-ing for my boy's haircut.... hope it'll turn out ok. His hair not very thick, so shd be easy to trim.

Tanwawas
Luckily u mentioned..hmm..aiyah..tot can attend & get to know u ladies as well :p
Hmm..wont it b tough 2 cut his hair esp bbs now always turn their heads here & there?

Tanwawas,

I"m so so so sorry.. come let me hug & kiss you. muack muacks.... or u prefer isaac's kiss *EYE BIG BIG*

Let me have your darling;s name can? i scroll up and down cant find yr darling's name lei.

Baby Party
==========

1) Jumbo (Boy) Nixon
3) Rach (Boy) Ryan
4) Mel Lim (Boy) Jordan
5) Ezrababy (Boy) Ezra
7) Draik (Boy) Kang Jung
8) Tiffany (Boy) Lucas
10) Shylyn (Boy) Ivec
12) petite thing (Boy) REYES
13) tanwawas (Boy)
14) momyam

Horray we have 14 mommies, 1 daddy and 14 babies at this moment. It WILL BE FUNNNNNNN.. cross all toes and fingers no body have last min prog then.

Mel!!! love love.. for being such a sweetie!!

Hair Cut,
I brought isaac to malay babar together with his daddy.. start 2 mins was ok.. after that.. turn left and right.. but ok la.. at least the part that i want to trim is gone.. my porr isaac still botak lei..

Babe, i didnt manage that well la! i have mood swing ever since i gave birth.. wonder am i having any blues.. just that i'm too stubborn to check on myself. Guess, there nothing major happen at this moment so i dont really bother that much hee hee!

I only bring isaac weekend class only although i also prefers weekday class better. i kw abt the weekday class coz' i went there for a trial before i sign up. so now i'm pretty upset with their weekend class when i see the better side of theirs
happy.gif
feel free to look for us if u need anything. dont bottom everything down to yrself.

Mel, if i'm not wrong abt 14 mths onwards are able to take rice and soup. I also not sure when, my MIL is very tempted to give him rice now but i'm not so keen at this moment as he is not taking much milk ever since he starts on porridge.

However, we did give him bits of rice grains whenever we are eating and he is able to take it pretty well.

Back