(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

irene, i was reading in one book last nite that leaving nightlights on all night may cause problems to baby's eyesight. they sugguest to use a low wattage lamp that u can turn on if u need to go to baby's room to change nappies or etc but don't leave it on all night. we're using those wood/paper lights from thailand pasar malam cos it's quite dim, just enough to see things, but not bright enough to dazzle
 


sggal, guess because the main site is actually Singapore Wedding Portal... Singapore motherhood Portal is one of the sub forum?? correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Irene,
If the purpose of the lamp is that it is switched on the whole night, then I think maybe you get those that you can insert into the power plug? I think Mothercare has them.

I don't plan to have a nightlight on the whole night but I'm getting those standing night lamps that has a dimmer for night time feedings.
 
it is good to have the dim light in the room.. i'm doing my confinement now and put all flasks, milk bottles and milk powder in the room.. easy for me to make milk for bb.. or else have to rush to corridor.. and by the time i reach my baby... whole family wake up liao.. keke.. but i nvr use nite light lor.. just open the door and on the light out the room (the light just at the passage way outside our room).. and can use the light to make bb's milk.. maybe can put the light near all where all the milk powder, bottles are.. just on it when neccesary.. and when changing diaper for baby at nite..
 
irene, you are right - our forum is a spin-off from Singapore Wedding Portal. That's how i come to know of this forum after my wedding.
 
Re: OG Nursing Bras
I think it depends on which branch you go to and whether peak or off-peak hours. I went to Orchard OG and was extremely pissed off with the services. It was a weekday evening. However, my encounter at OG Albert Street was very pleasant on a weekday afternoon. There was a sales lady on hand and she was very helpful. I got to try the bras and she even took the news ones from the drawer out for my purchase.
 
hmmm... sggal, tink we should suggest to chin leng tat the banner should put ads of places tats having BB stuff sales hor...
happy.gif
 
Jillian,
>As long as baby moves at least 10 times a day.
Heh....from last time till now, my baby never (literally NEVER) moves 10 times per day loh......she like very quiet and lazy.... hahahaha.... that's why I don't feel her in my tummy...just feel that I'm fat and clumsy.

Mrs Ho,
I bought Eternity bras at OG (orchard pt) and I just take to try at the fitting room....no problem leh.....I went on their members' preview day...super crowded. No one assisted me, but ok lah...I'm happy to find what I need by myself.

If buy Wacoal / Triumph, can also try. Their promoters will def. help you with the size and let you try.
 
Jumbo,
BB massage so short ah....it sounds sloppy and a marketing gimmick.....anyway, you should remember her techniques and practice on Nixon..... think we can do better ourselves....

>and during the last session, will not use any cloth to bind but the girdle only..
Like that your girdle will be oily or dirty by the herbs loh.....?
 
ya chenoa, Nixon was crying so loud when doing the massage.. so heart pain when see him cry.. dunno wanna get her massage Nixon again tomolo or not.. will consult my mum cos he got a fright, his poo poo was green and his face turn pale.. Nixon's quite timid though.. the massage oil for baby is made from white wood.. she teach me abit of get rid of the wind inside tummy.. will practice on Nixon
happy.gif


for the bind, she nvr use any herb on me.. just use jamu cream on my tummy.. the girdle sure get oily..
 
oh dear... hope Nixon is better now... as for the bb massage technique, can learn fm some mag. Saw it in 1 of the motherhood mag when i went for check-up... not very difficult. The way the massage lady massage like abit 'chao shuai' leh...

chenoa... mayb bb move when u r sleeping... so when u wake up, bb sleep...
happy.gif
as for me bb movement quite strong...
 
ya, thinking of doing my own massage tat can learn from mag or sign up baby massage course.. ya, he's better now.. thanks yukie
happy.gif
 
Morning mummies,

Was hoping to see news of Hunniepot popping this morning...


Irene,

I also have not been gaining weight liao. WIll ask my gynae when I visit her later and keep you updated.
 
Gd morning mommies! Is there anyone recording the no. of BBs delivered and others on the way? Realise 3-4 weeks before EDD BB can't wait to come out like my neighbor's, maybe we can be mentally prepared comparing the EDD and DOB of BBs in the thread..tho it depends on individuals..getting nervous yet excited. My tummy has ballooned till I look like carrying a ball and am getting lethargy easily, even if it's juz talking, I get breatheless, but hope BB can wait till at least 37 weeks before he pops out :p
389751.gif
 
Good morning Ladies
happy.gif


Juzmaine, I have been updating the EDD and DOB of BBs in this thread. The last time I updated was when Jumbo gave birth in Feb, I think. Anyway, I will post again now. Hope to update for Hunniepot soon!

Cheers Jasminetea
 
kao_clap.gif
<font size="+1">April 2006 MTB</font>
kao_cheers.gif


<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Loving</TD><TD>30/03/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Johor Specialist Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbtree</TD><TD>30/03/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr A.L. Lim</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kokopooh</TD><TD>30/03/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jumbo</TD><TD>02/04/2006</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joan(Babe)</TD><TD>05/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kyla</TD><TD>06/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD>06/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr See Tho KY</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Fish</TD><TD>07/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Goh Shen Li</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hunniepot</TD><TD>08/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mochie</TD><TD>09/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Jeanette Chen</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Preciousbabe</TD><TD>10/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Goh Sheng Li</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wishbear</TD><TD>10/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lemontree</TD><TD>10/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Phyllis Liawu</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shylyn</TD><TD>11/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolie</TD><TD>12/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Lai </TD></TR><TR><TD>Des</TD><TD>12/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD>15/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kim Tan</TD><TD>15/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Y W Lim</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chenoa</TD><TD>15/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Vincent Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rach</TD><TD>16/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tracy</TD><TD>16/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jo</TD><TD>17/04/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ice</TD><TD>17/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Chua</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>SGgal</TD><TD>17/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Ho</TD><TD>18/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr SW Seng</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jade</TD><TD>18/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr HY Wee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene</TD><TD>19/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cutecute</TD><TD>20/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Terrier</TD><TD>20/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leereiner</TD><TD>20/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Maraquan</TD><TD>21/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zhaocaimao</TD><TD>21/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr C W Fong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winne</TD><TD>22/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>DR KK Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBLim</TD><TD>23/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evonlimsy</TD><TD>25/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>25/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr T C Chang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jilian </TD><TD>25/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr T C Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Telly</TD><TD>26/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smurfy</TD><TD>26/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemum</TD><TD>26/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>ESH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emon</TD><TD>27/04/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nana</TD><TD>27/04/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunshine Tay</TD><TD>28/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yukie</TD><TD>28/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr S H Kee </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowy</TD><TD>28/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Taurus</TD><TD>03/05/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sponge</TD><TD>03/05/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gebbera</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juzmaine</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Adelene</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shanti</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Sureh Nair </TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bubbles</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

<font color="0000ff">Total No of Boys : 21</font>
<font color="ff0000">Total No of Girls : 24</font>

kao_clap.gif
<font size="+1">We Are Born!</font>
kao_cheers.gif


<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>DOB</TD><TD></TD><TD>Baby's Name</TD><TD>Baby's Weight</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jumbo</TD><TD>02/04/2006</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>23 Feb 2006, 11.18pm</TD><TD></TD><TD>Nixon</TD><TD>3235g </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>
 
Good morning!

Jumbo,
Maybe Katijah a bit forceful on Nixon, but massage on stomach will help his wind.
happy.gif
will be keen to join Mt A BB masage course next time. If u interested, can call Mt A Parentcraft dept to check.
 
Hi Irene,

Accordingly to my gynae, it is not a must to do CTG scan. But I knew for some gynaes, it is a "must". So I guess it depends on your gynae?

Daphne,

I had done mine at week 34 'cos that time my bb didn't move much for half a day and I got very worried. So did a CTG scan to check my bb's heartbeat.
 
morning all

thanks irene/daphne... i was thinking it was strange to see the wedding ads lor... heee yukie... think they might get better response from us if they change to baby ones
happy.gif


hahah.. just looking at the list jasminetea posted, seems like a lot of the mid month MTB are gonna be at Mt A. maybe we can have a mini party there :p ...Rach, u just have to come down the road only ;)
 
re baby massage... chenoa is right, Mt A got classes. when i went for aquafitness at KKH also saw them hving baby massage class. also saw at babies n cream at GWC
 
hi irene, me not sure whether is it a must or not. i was juz informed by my gynae dat he will do a CTG for me at 38 weeks which is this thursday. the nurses told me CTG is to monitor the bb's heartbeat for like half an hour. I'm interested to noe is other than monitoring bb's heartbeat, what other data can the CTG churned out?
 
Hi ladies,

Just got back from gynae's office. I gained 0.3kg while my baby gained 0.7kg. So now at 35 weeks he is 2.6 kg!! I am getting very nervous cos I think that's pretty big. Oh man, I better stop stuffing myself.

Baby not yet engaged but his head is down. However his spine is resting on my spine which is not good if go into labour in this position cos it'll make my back ache very badly during labour. So keeping fingers crossed that baby will turn to his side.

Re: Baby massage
TMC parentcraft also has baby massage classes.
 
juz a check with hunniepot

she got her 3rd inserts for induction already. but still her cervix is only 1.5cm dilated. she sms saying her cervix too high up and stubborn? What does tat mean?

And if within few hours still cant fully dilated, she may ve to go into C-section. Her contractions have been regular and painful since last nite.

She's asking if anybody heard of having to insert 3 tablets?
 
Mmm... I got a colleague, whose wife went for induction, having inserting the tablets and cervix still not open, suffer the contractions for 2 days, end up with c-section...
quite a painful experience I would say...
 
individual cervix is different.. some women's cervix can dilate easily, some stubborn.. will not dilate easily.. for me, after 3 hours of induction, my cervix dilate from 1cm to 3 cm.. cos cant tahan the contraction, i have epidural and by 5pm.. my cervix dilate to 5cm only.. and it is only half dilate nia.. cos have to dilate fully 10cm for labour.. and the mid wife told me.. theoretically, cervix will open 1cm every 1 hour.. but this is up to individual cervix..
 
Evon, i think she needs a lot of support now.. gotta tell her dun stress herself too much.. just relax... it will help her better.
 
dat's good news from preciousbabe. hopefully, the cervix opening will speed up faster. if i'm not wrong, she's not on epidural, rite, evon.
 
O great..

whoever can pray, do pray for her... she just sms me too on her cervix just opened 3cm and going into labour ward...'ve SMS her that she's really brave and strong.

For other mommies, let us focus our thoughts for her?

Hope Bb Armanda give her mommy strength and energy and tix time the waterbag should break since the cervix is 3cm dilated.
 
poor hunniepot... so long and not much action. i read on quite a few birth stories, that walking around will help the cervix to dialate faster. not sure how much it will work or if she can even walk around. maybe u gals who hv her number can sms her to try?
 
Let hope that hunniepot's cervix will open faster and she will not have to suffer so much pain liao..... she is really a brave mother!!!
 
during induction, we are not allow to move around cos will put on the monitoring belt to check baby's heart beat and contraction level around ur tummy till delivery..

for induction, there're few ways, one is drip and another one is tablet.. for me, i used drip and delivery 14 hours after tat.. was on epidural.. ganna scolded by my mum using epidural when i reach home.. :p but i really tahan the pain.. and really look up to olden days mums and mums now who can go thro the labout without pain relieve.. gosh
 
ladies,

i was researching about baby first aid courses and found one or two who will conduct course for a group. any of you interested?

i don't know the price or location yet, but i thot it would be good for us to know what to do in case of emergency. if there's a group of us interested, i'll go get details.
 



Back
Top