(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

babe -
kao_kiss2.gif

Hi Leereiner,

Toddlers under 2 years old can op to be a lap passenger (sit on parent's lap), or pay to get their own seat. After they are 2, they need to have their own seat, with preferably a infant seat (your own). The last time I checked, most airlines charges quite alot for toddlers, at abour 10%-50% cheaper than the listed fare. But adults fares are often discounted, and toddlers' ones aren't, so in the end, the airticket could cost the same as an adult fare. Which is why when I travel these days, I usually take the budget airlines, cos the children fares are dirt cheap at $25, but with the normal airport taxes, etc. Which will still work out to be cheaper than if you were to take full-service airlines.

Hope these help.

Hi Leereiner,

Just to add that I normally don't pay for a seat for my son. Instead, during seat selection, I will select seats with an empty one between us (e.g. select seat A and C for myself and hubby). Chances are, if the flight is not full and the person attending to you at the checkin counter is kind enough, the centre seat will be left vacant and your child can lie down flat to sleep during the flights. Of the 4 flights I have taken so far, I got an empty middle seat for 3 of them. The exception one was at Thailand, prob the Thai don't understand my request.
sad.gif

It's a risk which you must be willing to take though (that you may have to craddle your child to sleep eventually if you dont have a vacant empty seat). And you have to ask to swap seats with a stranger (chances are, he would be glad to swap his middle seat for an aisle seat though).

Another thing, don't get the front row seats, cos the armrests cannot be raised for some airlines (e.g. Jetstar), and it will be uncomfortable for your child to lie down across yourself and hubby should he sleep.

Hi Leereiner,

Just to add that I normally don't pay for a seat for my son. Instead, during seat selection, I will select seats with an empty one between us (e.g. select seat A and C for myself and hubby). Chances are, if the flight is not full and the person attending to you at the checkin counter is kind enough, the centre seat will be left vacant and your child can lie down flat to sleep during the flights. Of the 4 flights I have taken so far, I got an empty middle seat for 3 of them. The exception one was at Thailand, prob the Thai don't understand my request.
sad.gif

It's a risk which you must be willing to take though (that you may have to craddle your child to sleep eventually if you dont have a vacant empty seat). And you have to ask to swap seats with a stranger (chances are, he would be glad to swap his middle seat for an aisle seat though).

Another thing, don't get the front row seats, cos the armrests cannot be raised for some airlines (e.g. Jetstar), and it will be uncomfortable for your child to lie down across yourself and hubby should he sleep. We got front row seats and had to swap with a family. Most times, people are willing to help if you have children.

Su, does that mean you do not close the door to your room?

Sleeping arrangement for #1 when #2 arrives.
As my EDD draws nearer, I have to seriously work out the sleeping arrangement.

I have 3 options:
1. Move J to my IL's room and let him sleep with them. But I am sure they are not able to handle him at night and either the maid or myself will have to go and comfort him when he wakes up.

2. Let him sleep with the maid in my home office which is not a conducive environment as it is an study room/office cum mini store room. (That is why i am asking if anyone let maid sleep with DS or DD)

3. Continue to let him sleep in our rom with us but i dunno how can i handle him + #2 and cope with BF at the same time.

I can only pray that my BIL who takes up one of the room to move out asap so that J can get his own room. When I spoke to my HB abt it, he finds it hard to "chase" his own bro out of the hse....sigh.

motherhen, when is ur edd? Mine also soon..
For confinement, my hb and no.1 will move to sleep with BIL since CL and no.2 will sleep with me. After that most prob all will move back n sleep together. If no.1 is disturbed by no.2 waking for milk then might move her to sleep with IL coz anyway she sleeps thru the night. At most just wake up in the middle of the night to climb up to sleep together for comfort I guess...No spare rooms for babies for me..heehee.

Hi motherhen,

My door is left v slightly ajar to keep the aircon in and also so that I can hear Ruixiang cry in the night. Ruixiang also sleeps in air con room and his door is also left v slightly ajar and he call pull it slightly to open it and run to our room when he's up (cannot let him sleep with windows open cos of mozzies).

Would it be possible to move your home office to a corner of the living room, and maybe convert your home office to J's room?

Hi mommies,

Thank you very much for giving me such a good support. I will see all of you at the main entrance (there's a mini cafe just at the entrance).

Please DO NOT go to the main Botanic Garden is very far from the Children's Garden.

Is very near to Julia Garbire at Evans Road. Feel free to call me that day for any assistance.

Stephz - i'm gog down with my maid. I think we can catch the MPV taxi down.. i remember seeing WISH taxi on roads heee..

Let me know whether you want to go down with us, you can catch us at Compass pt Taxi stand.

Kolarie - On behalf of Jasminetea, her husband is going, so you may ask your husband to come along
happy.gif

Hunniepot - dont worry i fully understand. take care of yourself and Amanda
happy.gif
*HUGS*
------------------------------------------

Jacob Ballas Children's Garden
BOTANIC GARDEN
TIME: 10am
DATE: 5/1/2008, Saturday

1) momyam + maid + isaac
2) Darik
3) Mel aka motherhen
4) Smurfy
5) jasminetea
6) Tracy
7) TWW
8) Mrs Ho
9) Tiffany
10) Babe
11) Des
12) koalarie

Su, i am SO SO envy that Shawn is able to sleep in his own bed / room.

Isaac till now refuse to slp on his own, i've tried 10 times and ALL 10times has failed. Yesterday, i let him sleep on our bed while i sleep on the floor. Middle of the nite, he pulled me back to our bed or he wants to come down and sleep with me on the floor.

I've already set up everything mei mei for him, his bed, his mattress, his bumper, his nite light. and is just next to me nia, yet mission just fail. he wil just climb up and hug me keep crying "mama.. mama"

I was telling my colleague either i carrying on to have backache (coz' no space if we co-slp) or i will carry on to get dark rings haha..

Mel, Isaac slps with my maid at times (when i go out late, or i'm sick). Her door will be close when they slp. When i reach home, i will pop in to see them or middle of the nite should i hear isaac keeps crying for me.

But my door will be open just in case, isaac cannot tahan the fact i'm "missing". hahaha

Stephz (stephz), Tks. Actually the problem is the 'meat' part. No matter how I cook, fry, steam, etc... if he see the col no to his favour, he won't want to touch or eat.

Even I gave his his fav bottle food, he took a long time to eat. (He don't get to eat bottle food unless once in a blue moon)

Hi all,

Thanks for your advice on the maid issues and also on Amanda.. she has not eaten much since sat night, lost so much weight.. at the most she ate is this afternoon.. about 20 grains of rice.. but my hb will be bringing her to see the PD tomorrow

Su,

Is RX feeling better now? His diarrhoea has dragged on for quite some time it seems.. does he take any food? A is rejecting all types of food and takes minimal water.. Hope they both get better soon.. might have to miss class this sunday..

Thanks Evon for the tips on the fluid intakee will take note
happy.gif

Mel,

Regarding maid issues, my maid is a very light sleeper.. thats why both me and hubby were so disappointed in her.. her usual sleeping place is in one of the rooms, but she is sleeping in the living room temporarily cos we might need the room for Amanda at night as the air con is alot colder than our room esp when she is running a temperature.. my maid ever complained to me that she couldnt sleep at night cos my rabbits kept digging at their cage.. and it isnt really that loud.. and she will wake up immediate;y when we asked her to help at night..

Stephz,

Yeah! Same sentiments exactly.. I didnt feel good making her to wake up in the middle of the night.. but we really had no choice.. there was this once A had diarrhoea 4 times in the night, and stained the bedsheets and clothes each time.. we want to be there to pacify her once we clean her up.. so we get the maid to help out.. actually we have been treating ehr very well.. she wakes up at 630 am on weekdays and 730 am on weekends.. and she sleeps as early as 9 pm.. and most of the time she sits down and watch tv with us from 7 pm to 10 pm when we did not cook dinner.. dinner wise, she need not cook, I do the cooking, while she helps me prepare the food, She does not need to do a single thing for Amanda as it is done by us.. but the main factor why we are not happy with her is that she is pretty disrespectful, whenever we remind her about something, she will walk away and say 'yah yah' in a very impatient tone.. I did tell her b4 to reply me Yes or No so I know that she understands what I try to convey to her but she never follows.. and she never greet us when she sees us or she pretends that we are not there..

Sorry for the long posting.. wont be able to chat int he forum so frequenrlt now as I just started work today.. missed Amanda like crazy.. and was heartbroken when my mum told me that she kept calling for me the entire day... esp now that she is ill

les_petite,
KJ also dun like to eat meat. What I do is to fried the eggs with the meat. He loves the eggs and he dun see the meat, so he eat. Maybe you can tried that?

KJ also sometime eat, sometime dun eat. Recently, I realise that he like plain rice with only 1 type of food. So I cannot feed him with 2 different type of dishes per meal. I cannot mix into his plain rice also. His rice got to be dry dry type. Everyday change pattern until like that.

Hunnie,
I pay $500 after the subisdies which I find the price is quite reasonable esp in shenton way area. Glad that Amanda is better now.

hunni, if ur gal is running fever, u shld let her sleep in an open ventilated room and dress her down. Aircon will just raise her temperature further as it's a body response to increase hit when env is cold. Just some thoughts to share.

Momyam - can sms me? If you did not receive my mail, pls email to [email protected].

motherhen - actually it's ok for no. 1 and 2 to sleep with you. Initially,no. 1 will be disturbed by the crying, but after a while,they will get immune and slept like pigs. keke.... cos that's what happen to my No. 1.

I just stacked 2 dunlop mattress (to become like a bed) and place it next to my bed (so I got a very big bed). My No. 1 has gotten used to sleeping on the single bed on her own cos she knows that's her bed.

Whether to sleep in another room, I think also depends on the kids. My No. 1 is the type who will not want to sleep away from us (in another room) at this stage.

haha... Maybe last time have 6th sense, I hacked the wall to the adjacent room, so my master bedroom is actually made up of 2 rooms. So in future, my kids will be sleeping in "another room" but thought they are sleeping in "same" room. It's a phychological trick. keke...

petite - if it's the colour issue, then you can add carrot, tomatoes, potatoes, eggs, veg etc to garnish the dish. Maybe you can try cutting the meat into the shapes they like.

hunnie - I agree with babe, fever shouldn't sleep in air-con/fan.

For maid, that's why told u very important to curb attitude first. Before my hubby went off, he commented the maid never greets him "gd morning", so told and remind her to greet all including my No. 1 in the morning. Until now, she also dun do it, but every night I'll still get my No. 1 to greet her "gd night". Maybe it's their culture??

Can understand how you feel to not able to be with Amanda who was sick. At least, you can still give TLC after work. For mine, that time I have to have minimal contact with her cos No. 2 just born, scared I will pass the virus after hugging No. 1. Worst, I sent her to stay at my FIL's house with my hubby for a week after her discharge from hospital.

When she finally came home, guess she felt so betrayed by mummy (who was with her 24/7) to "dump" her when she was so sick. For almost a month, she's been ignoring me, felt so sad then. Thank God now she's forgotten the espisode (I hope).

That time my hubby also fell sick cos been clearing her diarrhoea so often. Doc advised to constantly wash/keep hands clean. So you or whoever handling her, must rememeber to do so. Also get the maid to use detol to clean up the place a few times per day.

Sleeping arrangement for #1 when #2 arrives.
Mummies, tks for yr adv.

I think in the end, my arrangement will be like babe.

During confinement, #2 will sleep with CL in the study rm, aft confinement, will come back to sleep with HB and mewhile I move #1 out, either to IL or to maid in study rm. Otherwise, is 4 of us (hb, me + 2 kids) all in 1 rm which I dun mind if hb is around, but if hb is not ard, then a bit hard to cope since have to bf #2 and at the same time still have to comfort #1.

babe - my EDD is end March.

Su, did think of moving office out but not feasible coz i work from home. If nove out to living rm, then in the day, #1 will come and disturb and I cant get work done. Now I still can close the door to home office. I am also very envious that Shawn can sleep on his own in his own room. So good.

Mom yam - I dun mind leaving the door ajar but not convenient leh. At hm have IL + BIL & wife. Already not much privacy as of now.

Stephz - tks for the encouragement, i think i will take 1 step at a time and see how it goes. Most of all is all of us huddle together. Space in my bedroom is not a constraint.

mummies with #2 - do you feel guilty towards yr #1 aft #2 arrives huh? even now, i feel guilty leh. As if I won't be able to love him whole-heartedly. That is why I am so troubled abt the tot of moving him out of the rm. Sometimes when I think of it at night and watching #1 sleeping like an angel, I will even cry leh. Aiyoh, why i become so emotional??

Hey Hunnie,

Ruixiang's diaper rash has cleared up and no more diarrhoea liao, thankfully.... keeping fingers crossed though.. hopefully there's no such thing as a relapse...

hey motherhen, if you want no.1 to slp in his own room, i suggest you start 'training' asap. It's not advisable to move him out at a time too near your EDD or after you deliver cos he will associate the move with abandonment - ie the reason why you move him out is becos you have no.2. He will be very traumatised.

cos we moved house last year during my pregnancy, and took a long time to get things settled down, we couldn't start training no.1 to slp in own room in time. So he slps on a mattress beside our bed.

in the beginning, we put no. 2 in crib in our room. But on the first night, we found out that crying is CONTAGIOUS! when one cries, the other one will soon follow. Both my HB and i nearly went crazy.

in the end, we put no. 2's crib in the kids' room. Inspired by my friend who let her dd slp in her own room since birth, HB and i decided to let no.2 slp on her own from now onwards. When no. 1 is older, we will let him slp with his sister in the kids' room. So now, no. 2 slps on her own and we are alerted to her cries thru baby monitor. actually i read somewhere that baby will slp better on their own becos parents won't pick baby up at every whimper. i've observed my girl during the day. sometimes she cries for a while, and i dun pick her up, she does fall back to slp again sometimes... so now we only pick her up when her cries become persistent.

motherhen, to answer your last qn... for me, after no.2 was born, i could spend more quality time with no.1. Cos i could play and hug him anyway i wanted without fear. I seldom played with him when i was pregnant cos he's very rough. so strange, right? he's getting closer to me now... in the past, he would ask for his papa all the time. This morning, he actually rejected his papa and wanted me to carry him!

dun feel guilty lah. your love for no. 1 will be be any less. I always believe that a mother's love doesn't get divided among her children, instead, her love multiplies
happy.gif

LEEREINER

hi i dun think you have to pay for the child meal but your agent has to arrange for you cos normally there are no extra special on board. also when you order a special meal, your child is normally served first. and if for some reason your special meal is not on board tell the stewardess you would like your child to be served 1st. so by the time your child finishes the meal, it'l be just in time for you to eat.

i wish to add... when travelling in a family with children i suggest if you need to ask for anything from the stewardess its best nt to ask them when they are abt to start meal service or in the middle of meal service. ask them for watever you need all at once..

chances are if you are nice to them the crew will be willing to do anything for you. if you are nasty or rude... you'll prob have to wait for quite a while for your things..

motherhen - dun worry, our relationship with each child is special. Last time, I thought I will love my No. 2 more (cos' felt she was deprived during my pregnancy as compared when I'm having No. 1 (eg. Daddy not around), so I told myself I will try to love her more (ie. No.1 will be second love). Yet now I find that my love for my No.1 is still there cos the bonding between us is special. Dun worry too much.

After your No. 2 is born, it's important to spend time with your No. 1 individually (they will love this, cos' it means to them that they are still special in your heart). That's why, I'm going to spend a me-&-No.1-only time this Saturday. Agree must avoid change when near your EDD or after No. 2 born.

For sleeping, sorry I'm assuming that 1st month all newborn will sleep with CL. Fussiecat's method to train No. 2 to sleep on her own maybe an option. But like what I say, it depends on the baby.

My No. 2 will cry non-stop until she was with us since she was about 2 months old, thus it's impossible in my case to leave her to sleep in another room.

Also, I STRONGLY do not encourage leaving newborn to sleep with maid (unless the maid is superly trustworthy).

Strawberry - can share how it was like when you sent your maid back? Sometimes when I look at my maid, I know she will get a very big shock when that day comes. Guess she assumes too much that I'll need her and will never send her back (which explains her behaviour at times). Don't really want to give her such a big shock, but yet dun think is advisable to let her know until agent comes. Felt so cruel lei, but no choice right? Quite agonising to think of what will happen that day.

re: Outing on Sat

Momyam,

bad news.

Xuanting and I can't go for tomorrow's outing lo. Husband is down with gout attack and so on mc for few days.

I got to take care of old boy and watch his diet. =p

re: Fever sleeping in aircon
I also agreed that when one is running fever, shouldn't be sleeping in aircon. This would prolong the problem. The best situation is always to sweat it out.

re: eating less
Could Armanda be having ulcers? Has she been taking lots of fluids? Does her breathe have bad smell?

re: Maid sleeping with newborns
It all depends on why maids are hired in the first place.

If one put maid with newborn to sleep, it means that you expect the maid to take care of the newborn, isn't this so?

hi strawberry , ruixiangmom,

thanks for your advise.... am taking SQ flight as hubby has the mileage to redeem tickets. Pass by SIA paragon and went in to enquiry of my girl status. The officer replied that we gotta pay for my girl (infant rate, less than 300bucks, cant rem correctly)+taxes and meal will be provided but will not get a seat..... Just wonder is it so? tot my girl can travel FREE... pls enlighten me.... any flying mums here to give advise, please?

Hi Leereiner,

Yes, you have to pay for your child even if she's a lap passenger. The fare increases after they are 2 years old when they have to get their own seats..

Mom, I am so sorry...gotta miss tomorrow's gathering! Realised my gal is starting class in the morn and I have got gynae appt at noon. Aiya, hope this time bb will want to come out liao..till now no sign...feel such a waste of ML to start early by a wk..

stephz - i didnt receive yr email lei.. but i've send you my contact thru the email u given.

Tracy - thanks! note taken.

Babe & Koalarie - is ok.

As for the rest of the mommmies please PM me if you do not have my contact number. See you girls!!!!

Mel, Pat pat.. be strong.

fussiecat/stephz - tks so much for your advice and encouragment. It means a lot to mean esp the statement abt a mother's love multiplying and not dividing.

i guess being an only child myself, i don't understand what it is like having a sibling. Due to lack of experience in this area, thus I am confused abt this new relationship call "brotherhood" that I have to manage when #2 (a boy)is born.

Now I think I can see it from a better perspective.

Stephz - regarding sending maid back, I was told not to let the maid know in case they do something hanky panky b4 that.

Leereiner,
There is no such thing as a free flight. What SQ has described to you is call "infant fare" which is applicable to under 2 yrs old. But do note that the meal is "infant meal" hor which means it is bottled puree. As our kids are in an awkard age now, so you can opt for "child fare" which means they get a seat and kids meal.

When I went to HK in Oct, I opted for "child fare". I guess there are a few factors you have to consider when deciding if you want to pay for child fare.

1. How long is the flight time? - If it is long, then I would definitely get a seat for my child.

If it is short and is not during their meal time, then u can go for infant fare.

When I went to HK, even though the flight was short, I still got a seat for J and I realized that he enjoyed it thoroughly. He sat on it throughout, acting like an adult, watching inflight movie, having his inflight meal, insisting that we put on his seat belt, insisted on sitting at the window seat so that he can look outside etc. They also get the kids goodies bag with coloring books, crayons, stickers, game etc. At least it keeps them entertained when take off and landing.

2. Whether the flight is full or not - When booking, you can ask yr travel agent abt the flight situation. If by then the flight is already full, then it is hard to go by chance and hope there is an extra seat avail. If agent predict that is not a full flight, then you can use Su's method and take the chance but you have to bring your own meal on board unless your child dun mind bottle food.

3. How much is the extra cost? - When I went to HK, the price difference b/t infant fare vs child fare is only S$70 for both ways which i think is affordable as yr child not only get the seat but the child meal like sphagetti and fruit juice etc. This saves me the trouble of having to prepare his meal and bringing it on board.

Apart from the daily essentials needed, when on board, pls take an extra set of clothing in case they puke. J puke on his way back and all I had was his jacket. So he was in his diaper and jacket only.
Hope this helps.

BTW, where are u heading to?

momyam,

i hate to do this (after seeing a couple of mummies backing out from tomm's outing), but i can't turn up too cos A's been having slight fever on and off y'day and today.

think it might be to do with his refusal to drink plain water. have made him barley water, hopefully the fever spell will reside soon.

des,
no prob...hope to see u next time...

mom yam,
my hb will follow..and my SIL might follow us too...hope u all dont mind..

Hi, just to share my experience with booking airticket for kid.

We also claim mileage for our flights on SQ to US last September but it was via SAS FF program. Were told the same thing by SQ that we need to pay for our son (infant fare which was about $1k including taxes) or either that redeem the full mileage for him.
We paid for his but after thinking about it, decided to check with SAS again and they confirm to us that the information they have is infant fly free (but have to pay taxes). With the screen shot that SAS email to me, we went to SQ's passenger service centre again and when they saw the email that I brought, with no question asked they refunded my son's ticket.

motherhen. did you fly SQ? We are taking cathay pacific and have purchased infant fare for L. If infant meal is only bottled puree, then i must bring some food for him!

hi motherhen,

we plan to go japan. we'd asked the officer@ the changi airport SQ officer,were told that my girl is "free" and gotta book the tic thru phone and can request for meal, bassinet. Later we gone down to travel agency to check the land tour pacakge... the agent told us we gotta pay for our girl. we were shocked to hear that.... confused...

Hi fussiecat,

I took cathay b4, and you can actually request for child meal, need not take infant meal, but you must call up cathay and tell them you want to change to child's meal

Yoz....

How's outing? Any photos?

Any mommies here with facebook account? Finding it fun in facebook. We can create a group in there and have common events to share.. =p

I MUST thanks every mom that make the effort to turn up yesterday and we are blessed with good weather.(Draik, Stephz, Tiff, Mel, Tracy, Mrs Ho, jasminetea and des) actually i wanted a group photo.. but end up was so messy at the ending part hee..

I really hope all of you had a good time and good interaction with each other. I had my share of fun too, but as usual i'm actually quite shy when i'm in person hee hee..

Isaac had a very good time that he fell asleep right after his lunch.

For photos wise, i will send to u girls instead of posting coz' privancy hee hee.. maybe one or two i will post. see how it goes.

Evon, hope your hb is better now. Hope the next outing can see you.

Des, thanks for making the effort to come. i was very surprise to see you. Seeing you make me realise that our kids really have grown up since we last met. then they barely crawl and now owen is so cute now and he actually led other kids to join his fun.

Mrs Ho - finally i see u in person. I thot yr sil wanted join u? so sorry i was so busy trying to "guide" the way.. that i didnt catch up with you. Hope yr girl had her fun with the rest of the kids.

Mel, yr tummy really very big..hope the outing didnt tired out much.

Tracy & stephz, seeing both of you for the first time.. hope to see you 2 mommies more in future outing.

Lastly, Very happy with this outing we have even boys & girls FINALLY!!!! hahaha...

TWW, kick kick kick .. haha.. dont worry i understand. hope A is better now.. next outing u do ok? i join u hee...

Gathering,
happy to joint to all too,..my girl really tired right after we hop in cab...she had a long nap, about 4 hrs...

des,
appoligise that we go off ealier...sorry...

Hi Momyam,

Thank you so much for organising this outing. We really enjoyed ourselves. Enya was so tired, she fell asleep in the car after lunch. I guess we will be bring her there again. Just to expose her more to the water!!!

Momyam,
Thank you for organising this outing. Me and KJ really have a lot of fun. I still owned you cab fare. If you are a shy person, then I am worst off.

KJ was really tired after lunch too. Me and KJ slept until 6:30pm for that afternoon nap.

oh yah,
for those of you who want to see some of the photos I have taken, you may want to go to my flickr account to have a look. The link is on KJ blog. Dun pm me because I cannot receive any pm.

Stephz (stephz), I am not too sure if is the col issue. Cos at times I will see him taste his food b4 outting the whole thing into his mouth.

Eitherwise, at times he will eat a few mouth then start to spill out the rest of his food. Sigh!

I am waving a 'White flag' aridi.

Hunniepot, How is Amanda? Long time nvr catch up with you.

Momyam, Sorry cannot join all of you. I got call up to go to Nrt. I cried i the hotel rm. Kind of miss my son. Esp when I do not hv 3G phone to sms to find out how is he...

Hope all of you enjoyed yrself there.

motherhen (motherhen), Flt time to Hkg is abt 3.5hrs. You can request for post weaning meal for yr child instead of BB food.

realityBytes (tanwawas), IS he alrite now? HOPE his fever is gone.

Good to know the mummies and bb enjoyed the outing. I'm sure A would have enjoyed it very much if I had brought him there, particularly the water feature. The last time I brought him there, he was wearing a bright green t-shirt. He got soaking wet in the water feature, and after I washed his t-shirt, it turned pale green. I have to agree that the chlorine in the water was very concentrated, even more so than swimming pool water. Hopefully it is safe for the kids. Someone wrote to the press complaining abt the strong chlorine smell, as far as I know, the National Parks Board has not responded to the complaint.

Momyam,
I *siam* *siam* *siam*!
Thks for asking after A. He's ok now. I finally realised why he does not want to drink his water. Cos he does not like the cup I use to feed him water. So I changed cup. Now he's back to drinking healthy amts of fluid, thk goodness!

I organise the next outing? Cannot lah. I not as "hong" (red) as you leh. Later nobody support me, end up only you & Isaac, me and A turn up, and we double-date. Haha.....

Petite,
Hang in there. I'm sure Riz is only temporarily rejecting food. Just make sure he continues to drink ample amts of milk to make up for lack of food.

I felt heart pain, as only moms can feel, when I read abt u crying in the hotel room and missing Riz.

Thks for asking after A. He's ok now.

I'm glad that i'm able to join. As usual, owen only slept for about 2 hrs though he was very tired. Thank you Jasminetea for dropping me at the AMK Hub. My boy sleep almost immediately once we are inside the taxi.

Mom Yam, i agree with you. they have grown so much. From learning to turn, to crawling, to cruising and now walking and running.

Mrs Ho, apologies again that I'm late.

Tracy, we are gg to be related soon after my son has sealed his kisses with Enya. hahaaa...

fussiecat - I have flown on both CX and SQ but the incident i am relating is based on recent experience to HK on CX.

i did ask if i pay for infant fare and want a children meal, is it possible and my travel agent told me no leh.

Hunniepot - you called up SQ/CX direct or via agent? wah, maybe my agent bluff me arr.

leeriner - ya lor, i have heard of ppl saying "infant fly free" but when i book the tix that is not the case leh cause EVEN if the tix is free for infant, there is still the a/p tax. so is still not 100% free.

outing
tks for organising, mom yam!

i asked J if he enjoyed it and he nodded his head so i guess that is a "yes".

Des,

Nice meeting you. To be honest, this is not Enya "first kiss". So I think I leave for her to choose ok. HeeHee!!

I have a pic of Owen in my camera. Will post it for you when I reach home later.

Draik,
Nice meeting you too. My hubby & I really love KJ's smile. Makes us feels very cheerful. You must be happy to be with him everyday.

Hi mummies, finally my maid left. Was a little teary at parting moment, but I believe I made the right choice. So maybe in future can only pop by for a short while.

Hunniepot - how's your gal now?

Momyam - thanks again for the outing and the efforts in planning the walk before the water session. Also still owe you the cab fare, sms me your account and I will do the transfer.

It's also a great opportunity to meet the rest of the mummies. Sorry, a little memory loss after birth of No. 2, so can't really remember well the names of the babies and mummies.

Mrs Ho - My gal also doze off a while after we left. So next time if I want my gal to sleep, I think I will try to let her play with water at home, kekeke...

Fussiecat - I think there's no such thing as baby travel totally free (haha..unless still in mummy's womb). Cos for kids under 2 years, you still have to pay some amount (maybe only the taxes etc) and when they are 2 years and above, you will have to purchase the children's fare (which is then more exp). This is the case for SQ flight, dunno does this apply to other airlines.

Last year, when I came back, I took SQ and they only have bottled pureed food (limited variety also). So I think no kids meal will be provided. Think the best is to call up the respective airline to enquire, just to be sure.

BG Outing..

Here are some shots that i capture that day. In total i took about 51 shots (mainly at the water play) coz' i can really sit there and take some pics hahaa. that's why i didnt chit chat with some mothers then. I'm sorry. Enjoy the pics..

Tracy, Mrs Ho, Des, can i have your email add so i can send to girls?

Mrs Ho, i cannot find you and yr girl during the water play.. so i didnt manage to snap pic for her.

1184173.jpg
1184174.jpg

Back