(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Stephz,

Thanks for the good suggestion on the magnetic board. Does your gal find it abit dull as it is in black? Juz a tot that it will be wonderful if comes with colors to make it more attractive to the kids.
happy.gif

bblim - I bought my magnetic board from Kiddy Palace which it comes with a smaller board, so my girl quite like them cos' sometimes I use the big one and she uses the smaller one. Actually dun have to buy from Kiddy Palace, found that there are many cheaper type available everywhere.

If you want the colourful one, I saw at Kiddy Palace where the magnetic the board is divided into colourful parts, so as you draw a line across, it will have different colours on the line.

babe - dun understand what you mean by markers. It's best to buy those that comes with the stamps (in addition to the pen).

I find the mangetic board is good as it teaches her to learn to hold the pencil/pen properly.
829664.jpg

Hi Stephz,

Congrats being the first April mum to have a second baby!!!! are you going to have a confinement lady? If you are, maybe can recommend if you find her good. I'm looking for my sister. She is due next year January. Any mummies here got good one to refer, let me know.

cheers

<font color="0000ff">HI ladies</font>,

Sorry, did not rally hv the time to post and read for this few days... Riz is teething again. This time he takes 1.5-2hrs to drink milk and will always leave 80-60ml for me to drink. Sigh!

<font color="ff6000">Jealous</font>

Riz also felt jealous when I talk to his daddy more or when his daddy hug me... He will make noise. Today all of us in the playrm. His daddy and I were throwing balls at each other, he pretend to fall dw just to get our attention. Ai yo!

Congrats Stephz.... Btw I saw yr little photo, she can hold a pencil aridi ah?

Dunno why very lethargic lately. Is it me or the st*pid weather ah? Used to use the time she naps to eat lunch, surf the web and do some housework. These few days, whenever she pops down, I also zzz, skipping my lunch altogether. But the thing is, I nap as I'm tired, but after the nap, I feel even more tired. The body feels like don't belong to me. Somemore, very poor appetite. Feel hungry but don't feel like eating. Become so weak and this girl don't want to walk by herself when we go for walk....keep want carry. So so hungry ... yet nothing appeals to me ... drink too much plain water makes me want to puke, too.

koalarie,
thanks for concern, but my hubby also similar symptoms, can't be he pregnant. hahahaa Of course, he cannot take nap like I do lah. :p We just shared a can of iced-coke and felt so heavenly! Despite us both having gassy stomachs *burp burp* He's asking me if I want to eat maggi mee now...kekeke 'cos he also hardly eat much at dinner. Maybe we are getting sick, cos both of us have been having this stuffy / runny nose for the past week (in the night only) and headaches on and off.... *pray pray* sickness go away. But really, the weather these days very hot and humid. buay tahan....and the fan in my living room also spoilt. Think it's the time to fall sick.
sad.gif

Chenoa, do you drink DOM? if so, that should help a lot. although you BF now you still can drink after one hour can feed YY. if not you can pump out a bit after an hour.

DOM - yr hb also can drink.. the weather is too hot for black chicken soup. if not, can drink that also good.

I fully agree the weather is so hot that the fan doesnt seems blowing wind to us, as if blowing dragon breathe at us hahaha

haahaa,cheona.

did i say u were pregnant. ;p

okay..ya...i was guessing that along the way..

I agree the weather is killing. worse of all, my house in sk n my mom's place tbg is not "receiving" any wind at all n poor xt is perspiring as she tried to learn to walk. =p

finally it rained!!!

gab is teething...again.. this time is her molar- the 2 big ones at the back!!!
dun want to eat.. make so much noise... and wake up so many times in the nite... wah... very jialat... going crazy!!!
or.... mayb its the weather.... sigh,,,

Hi Babe,

Are you in here? I saw you and your girl at Robinsons during lunch today. I was rushing back to work so never acknowledge you.

So any good buy?

so shiok to enjoy the aircon in the shopping mall this afternoon. Really feel refreshed ... better than being coup up at home with the heat. But can only do this provided she naps early and wakes up early like today. My very late lunch at Delifrance - the steak promo, is delicious! (maybe cos i'm hungry that's why. kekeke) And she likes to savour the black pepper sauce too (not spicy at all).

mom_yam,
have never drank DOM at all ever since delivery. cannot lah...cos she latches on so frequent and irregular timing last time, and even now, although she seldom drink in the day liao, sometimes still need a few suck suck (just for comfort) and night time is when I wake up 3 -4 times to pacify her with neh neh .... think tis is one reason why I so tired also lor.

Uncle Rigby Euro Funfair is now at Bishan, free admission. Bought my gal there to see the lights. The people there this evening are mostly families with babies and tots, like us, bringing the little ones to see see look look. Quite deserted...the rides are running empty most of the time. Not cheap wor....the less intensive / children's rides are 2 tokens (each token $2.50) and the exciting ones 3 tokens. She very funni....after we left the grounds, she keep looking at the fair, pointing and crying ... cannot bear to leave the dazzling world of carnival. So young already get captivated liao.

<font color="0000ff">Chenoa</font>, looks like our bb nods what they wan at htis age aridi.

Bought Riz to Toy R Us. He was playing with the big basket ball. When we told him 'let's go' and we carry him away, he 'cries'. Best part: we let him walk around the store, he nods how to walk back to the basketball corner.

So <font color="0000ff">Strawberry</font>, when are you heading to HKG? Sorry no time to call you. Did you hv problem feeding Gab b4 her 2 molar teeth are out? Riz milk intake drops. Solid food stil ok.

chenoa,
do take care...i do hav bad ulcer @ tougue last 2 weeks ago..can't talk properly & eat...
i apply salt...xi gua powder...
and another one to recommend is buy a watermenlon, finish it...then my ulcer cure...

PETITE...
leaving for HK on the 16th jul...

i think my bb has turned VEGETARIAN!!!!!! she spat out all the diff kinds of meat i feed her!!!! <scratch>
mince chicked spit out!! pork oso spit out!!!!

now that she is teething... when she eats its like wah... touch 1st prize that kind of feeling... you know what i mean...sigh... how to "pang sim" and go HK????

Hey Chenoa,

Do take care ok. Indeed the weather is very very hot these days.

Re: Motherhood Exhibition
We went last night. The usual things. The nestle corner got quite a good deal. The cereals only cost $2-$3 per pack. And for mummies using Nepia, quickly call and order. Selling only $14 per pack. Promotion ends 30 Jun 07.

Re: Chicken Pox Vaccine
Took Enya for her chicken pox vaccine this morning. She was cranky the whole afternoon. Not sure whether it is because of the jab.

strawberry,

Perhaps you may want to mince the meat into even finer pieces, cos Amanda also rejected meat.. until I minced it like mad.. she has 4 teeth coming out at the same time.. must be hurting like mad..

Tracy,

Amanda had her chicken pox jab last month and she was ok... no fever no crankiness though

cheona,

Do take care and drink lots of water

Ya, the weather is terrible recently, thank God it's still bearable for me, hee... maybe been shopping so got to enjoy the aircon in shopping centre??

Still it's best to drink more water, not forgetting the little ones too.

Malay Massage Lady
------------------
Hi, anyone got good massage lady after your delivery to recommend, can give me the contact and feedback? The one I had last time was not really good.

Motherhood Fair
---------------
If you are interested in having a 9-bin storage shelf, you can get it free if you sign up for 3 years Motherhood Magazine or the Chinese version. (but only avail in 1 colour - blue)

Fyi, there's the JL Mega Expo sale going on next door too.

les_petite - Amanda can now hold a pen/pencil quite well, guess the magnetic board helps.

Cheers3344 - My previous confinement lady is gd, if you want, let me know, actually I've been recommending her to other mummies in the forum. This time can't book her cos' she's booked during my delivery period already, so I decided to engage 1 from an agency instead since I'm going to get some1 that I don't know, I might as well get from an agency, at least anything I can go back to the agency.

Hunniepot - haven't received your email address.

Strawberry - guess if you are not going for long period of time, it won't be too bad. But guess you will feel the heartache of leaving your darling behind, so be prepared for that at the airport.

HUNNIE.
i've decided instead of mincing the meat... i'l boil the meat with bones to get the taste..

Stepz
yes i'll be very sad... ive tot abt it. i don think i want to bring her to the airport cos i mite very well change my mind of going... i'll be going for 6-7 weeks... at this point i can't really trust the maid yet... and my grandma is very busy taking care of my grandpa so... i oso dunno how...

Thanks mommies for your regards.

Mrs Ho, me also very gungho like you leh...put salt directly on the ulcer. I kinda like the stinging feeling....shiok leh! My mom used to apply xi gua shuang for us when we were kids, but I hated the taste and smell.

Hunniepot,

wow, have not seen you here for awhile. My girl had slight diarrhoea after the jab yesterday. Then today a bit feverish. 37.5 deg. Not sure it is the weather or fever. She looks a bit tired though.

Tracy,

Yeah lor.. been posting too much at the marketplace section.. think I better stop buying things now! perhaps might be a combination of the weather and the fever... let her drink more juices.. for the vit c or give her delrosa syrup?

strawberry,

Actually this is what I have been doing for the past few wks. I will boil lotus seed soup, wintermelon soup, etc and add rice into it so when it is ready, I will just feed my girl the porridge with alot of soup and none of the ingredients cos it is very painful for her to chew

strawberry,
Ya...better dont bring your girl to Airport. Cos i will have sad feeling every week when leaving my girl...when i alight from car, leave her with PIL, she will cry and look at us. That feeling very terrible, and i have to face it every week.

Now is my turn...

Riz don't want to drink his milk. I was told that it does happen to this age group. Is either due to teething or chg of appetite.

Wonder how the rest of yr darling are coping with this situtation?

SOMETHING TO READ ABOUT

If you are feeling down & out you should find this very inspiring.......

Have you ever, at any one time, had the feeling that life is bad, real bad,
and you wish you were in another situation? You find life make things
difficult for you, work sucks, life sucks, everything seems to go wrong...

Read the following story... it may change your views about life:

<font color="aa00aa">After a conversation with one of my friends, he told me despite taking 2
jobs, he brings back barely above 1K per month, he is happy as he is. I
wonder how he can be as happy as he is considering he has to skimp his life
with the low pay to support a pair of old parents, in-laws, a wife, 2
daughters and the many bills of a household.

He explained that it was through one incident that he saw in India...that
happened a few years ago when he was really feeling low and touring India
after a major setback. He said that right in front of his very eyes, he saw
an Indian mother chop off her child's right hand with a chopper. The
helplessness in the mother's eyes, the scream of pain from the innocent
4-year-old child haunted him until today.

You may ask why did the mother do so; had the child been naughty, had the
child's hand been infected?? No, it was done for two simple words - TO BEG!
The desperate mother deliberately caused the child to be handicapped so
that the child could go out to the streets to beg.

Taken aback by the scene, he dropped a piece of bread he was eating
half-way. And almost instantly, a flock of 5 or 6 children swamped towards
this small piece of bread which was covered with sand, robbing bits from
one another. The natural reaction of hunger. Stricken by the happenings, he
instructed his guide to drive him to the nearest bakery.
He arrived at two bakeries and bought every single loaf of bread he found
in the bakeries. The owner was dumbfounded but willingly sold everything.
He spent less than $100 to obtain about 400 loaves of bread (this is less
than $0.25 per loaf) and spent another $100 to get daily necessities.
Off he went in the truck full of bread into the streets. As he distributed
the bread and necessities to the children (mostly handicapped) and a few
adults, he received cheers and bows from these unfortunate. For the first
time in his life he wondered how people can give up their dignity for a
loaf of bread which cost less than $0.25.

He began to tell himself how fortunate he is. How fortunate he is to be
able to have a complete body, have a job, have a family, have the chance to
complain what food is nice and what isn't nice, have the chance to be
clothed, have the many things that these people in front of him are
deprived of...</font>

Now I begin to think and feel it, too! Was my life really that bad?
Perhaps... no, I should not feel bad at all... What about you? Maybe the
next time you think you are, think about the child who lost one hand to beg
on the streets.

<font color="0000ff">"Contentment is not the fulfilment of what you want, it is the realisation
of how much you already have." When the door of happiness closes, another
pens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see
the one which has been opened for us.

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also
true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they
just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest
future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in
life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.</font>

SOME MORE TO ADD ON FOR YOUR LEISURE READING

<font color="0000ff">TRUST is a very important factor for all relationships. When trust is broken, it is the end of the relationship. Lack of trust leads to suspicion, suspicion generates anger, anger causes enmity and enmity may result in separation.

A telephone operator told me that one day she received a phone call. She answered, "Public Utilities Board." There was silence. She repeated, "PUB." There was still no answer. When she was going to cut off the line, she heard a lady's voice, "Oh, so this is PUB. Sorry, I got the number from my husband's pocket but I do not know whose number it is."

Without mutual trust, just imagine what will happen to the couple if the telephone operator answered with just "hello" instead of "PUB".</font>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font color="ff6000">NO POINTING FINGERS

A man asked his father-in-law, "Many people praised you for a successful marriage.
Could you please share with me your secret?"

The father-in-law answered in a smile, "Never criticize your wife for her shortcomings
or when she does something wrong. Always bear in mind that because of her
shortcomings and weaknesses, she could not find a better husband than you."

We all look forward to being loved and respected. Many people are afraid of losing face. Generally, when a person makes a mistake, he would look around to find a scapegoat to
point the finger at. This is the start of a war. We should always remember that when we
point one finger at a person, the other four fingers are pointing at ourselves. If we forgive
the others, others will ignore our mistake too.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">CREATING PERFECT RELATIONSHIPS?

A person visited the government matchmaker for marriage, SDU, and requested "I am looking for a spouse. Please help me to find a suitable one." The SDU officer said, "Your requirements, please." "Oh, good looking, polite, humorous, sporty, knowledgeable, good in singing and dancing. Willing to accompany me the whole day at home during my leisure hour, if I don't go out. Telling me interesting stories when I need companion for conversation and be silent when I want to rest." The officer listened carefully and replied, "I understand you need a television."

There is a saying that a perfect match can only be found between a blind wife and a deaf husband ,because the blind wife cannot see the faults of the husband and the deaf husband cannot hear the nagging of the wife. Many couples are blind and deaf at the courting stage and dream of perpetual perfect relationship. Unfortunately, when the excitement of love wears off, they wake up and discover that marriage is not a bed of roses. The nightmare begins.</font>

<font color="0077aa">NO OVERPOWERING

Many relationships fail because one party tries to overpower another, or demands too much. People in love tend to think that love will conquer all and their spouses will change the bad habits after marriage. Actually, this is not the case. There is a Chinese saying which carries the meaning that "It is easier to reshape a mountain or a river than a person's character."

It is not easy to change. Thus, having high expectation on changing the spouse character will cause disappointment and unpleasantness.

It would be less painful to change ourselves and lower our expectations.</font>

<font color="ff0000">RIGHT SPEECH

There is a Chinese saying which carries the meaning that "A speech will either prosper or ruin a nation." Many relationships break off because of wrong speech. When a couple is too close with each other, we always forget mutual respect and courtesy. We may say anything without considering if it would hurt the other party.

A friend and her millionaire husband visited their construction site. A worker who wore a helmet saw her and shouted, "Hi, Emily! Remember me? We used to date in the secondary school."

On the way home, her millionaire husband teased her, "Luckily you married me. Otherwise you will be the wife of a construction worker." She answered ,"You should appreciate that you married me. Otherwise, he will be the millionaire and not you."

Frequently exchanging these remarks plants the seed for a bad relationship. It's like a broken egg - cannot be reversed.</font>

<font color="119911">PERSONAL PERCEPTION

Different people have different perception. One man's meat could be another man's poison.

A couple bought a donkey from the market. On the way home, a boy commented, "Very stupid. Why neither of them ride on the donkey? "Upon hearing that, the husband let the wife ride on the donkey. He walked besides them. Later, an old man saw it and commented, "The husband is the head of family. How can the wife ride on the donkey while the husband is on foot?" Hearing this, the wife quickly got down and let the husband ride on the donkey.

Further on the way home, they met an old Lady. She commented, "How can the man ride on the donkey but let the wife walk. He is no gentleman." The husband thus quickly asked the wife to join him on the donkey.

Then, they met a young man. He commented, "Poor donkey, how can you hold up the weight of two persons. They are cruel to you." Hearing that, the husband and wife immediately climbed down from the donkey and carried it on their shoulders.
It seems to be the only choice left. Later, on a narrow bridge, the donkey was frightened and struggled. They lost their balance and fell into the river.

You can never have everyone praise you, nor will everyone condemn you.
Never in the past, not at present, and never will be in the future. Thus, do not
be too bothered by others words if our conscience is clear. . . .</font>

BE PATIENT

This is a true story which happened in the States (not verified though).

A man came out of his home to admire his new truck. To his puzzlement, his three-year-old son was happily hammering dents into the shiny paint of the truck. The man ran to his son, knocked him away, hammered the little boy's hands into pulp as punishment. When the father calmed down, he rushed his son to the hospital.

Although the doctor tried desperately to save the crushed bones, he finally had to amputate
the fingers from both the boy's hands. When the boy woke up from the surgery and saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said, " Daddy, I'm sorry about your truck." Then he asked,
"but when are my fingers going to grow back?"

The father went home and committed suicide.

Think about this story the next time someone steps on your feet or u wish to take revenge. Think first before u lose your patience with someone u love. Trucks can be repaired. Broken bones and hurt feelings often can't. Too often we fail to recognize the difference between the person and the performance. We forget that forgiveness is greater than revenge. People make mistakes. We are allowed to make mistakes. But the actions we take while in a rage will haunt us forever.

Hi Mummies,

FYI, Nestle is giving away a $38 goodie bag that contains a NAN 3 follow-up formula (900g), hippo plush toy, powder dispenser and a set of 3 bibs tomorrow between 11am to 3pm at OUB Centre Walkway.
Mummies, in order to collect the goodie bag, you must remember to bring along your child's birth cert and any empty tin of formula.
(But I saw a lot of people working in that area just give the baby's birthcert no, never give any empty tin to the Nestle Staff to collect the $38 goodie bag)
NAN 3 is a follow up formula for baby fm 10mths to 3 years

hi mummies,

would like to "survey" -
1. how many naps does your jr have in a day?
2. when is the nap time?
3. is/are the nap(s) time is being trained or depends on your jr?

hi leereiner
> Twice, am & pm
2. when is the nap time?
> 10am - 12noon & 4pm - 6pm; but varies could be less like an hour.
we've been doing this since bb, we'll try to do some toning down activities juz before his nap.

Hi Leereiner.

here re my answers
1. how many naps does your jr have in a day? 1
2. when is the nap time? 11am - 1.30pm/2pm.
3. is/are the nap(s) time is being trained or depends on your jr? kind of, so that my mom can prepare for lunch for the adults.

Hi Leereiner.

here mine...
1. how many naps does your jr have in a day? <font color="0000ff">2</font>
2. when is the nap time? <font color="0000ff">11.30am - 1.30pm / 6pm - 7pm</font>
3. is/are the nap(s) time is being trained or depends on your jr? <font color="0000ff">depends </font>

1. how many naps does your jr have in a day? 2 sometimes only 1

2. when is the nap time?
Weekday: 9.30am to 12pm & 3pm to 5 pm (depend on mood @ time he rather skip tis session)

Weekend:
sometime 10 to 12pm or 11pm to 2pm
(depend what time he wakes up)

2 to 4pm or 5 to 7pm (again depend on me coz' i go kai kai so he cant slp hahaha)

nap - is a habit is not being trained.

but night time - yes is trained by me. coz' i would like him to have a habit to slp early.

I miss the Nan 3 goodie bag collection
sad.gif

My contribution
Ans : once a day

2. when is the nap time?
Ans : from 1pm to 4.30pm (wkday)
from 1pm to 3.30pm (wkend)

Ans : his own timing..never train...from 2 naps to 1 nap a day but longer nap now

nite sleeping hr from 11.30pm to 8am

Here Mine contribution

On usual days:
Ans : 2x a day (unless go out, will skip the afternoon nap)

2. when is the nap time?
Ans : 1. Around 1030hrs- 1200hrs (at times he might sleep till 1315hrs)
2. Around 1415hrs-1630hrs. (it depends what time he wakes up)

Ans : Trained / Routine since 3mths old

nite sleeping hr from 2030hrs to 0600/700hrs

Now he don't want to drink milk, takes 1-2hrs to drink

when is the nap time?
Ans : around 1530/1430hrs-1730/1800hrs

nite sleeping hr around 2145rs-0600/ 0700hrs

Hi, this is what Enya does.

Once a day

2. when is the nap time?
Between 11am - 4pm. Depending what she wakes up in the morning. Usually nap for 2-3hrs.

Not trained. It is all according to her own timing.

At my mom place: 1 time.
At my own place: sometime 1, sometime 2

2. when is the nap time?
Anytime from 1:30pm to 5:30pm

3. is/are the nap(s) time is being trained or depends on your jr? Depend on him. He is more playful at my mom place.

Reiner,

<font color="0000ff">Twice</font>
2. when is the nap time?
<font color="0000ff">Ard 12pm-2pm and 5pm-7pm each nap for 1hr only</font>
<font color="0000ff">Not trained, up to her wishes.</font>

Anyone got massage lady to recommend???
Is the Indonesian one better than the Malay one? If yours good, can let me know asap. Thanks.
=================================================

1. how many naps does your jr have in a day? 2
2. when is the nap time? late morning (usually after bath and poopoo, hee...) and afternoon 4,5 plus

3. is/are the nap(s) time is being trained or depends on your jr? Not trained, up to her when sleepy
=================================================

bblim - agree that sometimes we tend to forget how blessed we have been when the day is lousy. In fact, we have been in a better position than many other unfortunate ones in other countries already. Tho' read many times already, a little reminder at times help to refresh and bring us to focus and realign what is real happiness to us. Thanks.

Hunniepot - sorry, quite busy lately, will email u when free, ok?

hi,
mine nap hrs is short but more naps

1. how many naps does your jr have in a day? 3

2. when is the nap time?
10.30-11.30, 2-3, 5-6

3. is/are the nap(s) time is being trained or depends on your jr? Not train, he tends to sleep every 3-4hr

Nite - 11pm since young that is his biological clock no matter where we are.

Back